Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258490 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#229883 May 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't even know you, Chris, and i suspect that we're continents apart; however could i possibly make a "sexual advance" on you???
are you one of them crazy over the hill women who like to think that everyone still desires them? maybe you can hire a gigolo to help you out with that some time:-)
Written you moron, written, or are you not aware that when you post on topix your text becomes publicly visible.

Are you a gay boy trying to hide your proclivities from your fellow godbots by making sexually desirous comments and innuendo to anyone in a skirt?

#229885 May 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
chris said - "if a killer goes on the rampage his religion is never mentioned by the press, unless he is a muslim"
ummm.....duuhhh....maybe that's because NO ONE ELSE IS KILLING FOR RELIGION EXCEPT THE MUSLIMS???
over here in america, we're getting shipments of muslims from somolia now because some christians pushed back and finally won some victories against their brutality so they get to come here for religious asylum!
LOL - it just couldn't get much crazier before Jesus comes back to smash it all in bitty pieces!
What a load bollocks – no one else??? Wow, you must have a very selective news channel or your supermarket sensation sheets are pretty limited in there content.

Adam Lanza – christian

James Holmes – christian

Anders Behring Breivik – serious funnymentalist christian

Radovan Karadzic christian known for genocid

Ratko Mladic another good christian famous for genocide

The IRA, indiscriminate mass murdering terrorist christians

The NLFT in india, good christians all

The KKK, also christian.

Scott Roeder, good right wing chrsitian terrorist

The Sikh Temple massacre in Wisconsin,

Frank Silva Roque, Wade Michael Page, Jim David Adkisson

the Army of God

Paul Jennings Hill

Eric Rudolph

James Charles Kopp

Joseph Stack

David Lane and Bruce Pierce

Timothy McVeigh

ALL CHRISTIAN

Not very good at this game are you

#229886 May 28, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you, it doesn;t upset me at all.
On the contrary, it amuses me.
If your idea of fun is lashing out at everyone in uncontrolled fits is fun, I find it amusing.
It is not my delicate sensibilities that are being upset, but yours.
You told a lot of things, most don’t make much sense and I really don’t care what you tell me. You tell me that god is real (without evidence) that jesus walked on water (without evidence), that the world was flooded to more than 28,000 feet above current sea levels (without evidence) etc… etc… etc. Honey all worthles lies

As I remember you were the one who began the lashing out, our conversation lasted for one post each before your venom hit, I have a rule, only on chance, just because you blew it is not my problem, wallow in your own vomit.

#229887 May 28, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry if I upset your delicate sensibilities about Muslims.
You really don't know what indoctrination means.
Yet another bout of deliberate ignorance, how very apt. Because I offer fact that upsets your belief in supermarket hate sheets then you are upsetting my sensibilities – you really are delusional.

Oh yes I do and you are indoctrinated beyond redemption

But I suggest your look it up…

#229888 May 28, 2014
Rodny wrote:
Christine, have you ever told a Muslim that he is a godbot?
What do they say when you tell them that you are an atheist?
You would do neither if you were living in a Muslim country without being executed for it.
Yes, only this morning in fact (Note it is now 16:45 here)

They wish to discuss my ideas, unlike so many christian godbots who simply close their ears and sing la,la,la,la while denying facts the Muslims I know (and those I have met) are open minded and willing to learn.

Are you really that naïve? Do you actually have no idea of life in a muslim country or are you just reciting what your supermarket hate sheets have told you?

FYI, there are just 15 of around 50 muslim countries that have full sharia law which included execution for blasphemy. Calling someone a godbot is not blasphemy, in any religion and being an atheist is not a crime outside of christianity.

Funnily enough, the majority of that 15 are backed and sponsored by the US, go figure.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#229890 May 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Lord will sort out the goats from the sheep, the chaff from the wheat on that great day!
until then, you do what ya gotta do to advance your corrupt kingdom and i'll cooperate with God to advance His eternal Kingdom and we'll both wait in anticipation for our just rewards!:-)
The Prince of Wallachia sorted them out, you get to wait on the stick, be careful that you don't slide down too far. Now see what you went and did, you slid down the pole ....
now you will have to wait here till your second coming.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229891 May 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, some of the Muslims are Ok. They won't convert me though. Nor will I go with one again, that was a learning curve.
I'm sorry the bloke went through that. It's a verbal cage fight @ times on here. I put up with it because there are some people I do like to have a yarn with. Others...need a good kangaroo kick in the guts.
Sometimes I think that if there was a God, the first thing he would say if he came down here to Earth is: "Hey kids! Stop fighting!"
"Nor will I go with one again"

you went out with a lesbian muslim woman?!?! this i would have to see to beleive:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229892 May 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No one killed in the name of Atheism.
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229893 May 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The Prince of Wallachia sorted them out, you get to wait on the stick, be careful that you don't slide down too far. Now see what you went and did, you slid down the pole ....
now you will have to wait here till your second coming.
i have a sneaking suspision that the most blasphemous now will be the most cowardly then so i might ask the Lord if i can stand in on your trial to see if i'm right.......

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229894 May 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Written you moron, written, or are you not aware that when you post on topix your text becomes publicly visible.
Are you a gay boy trying to hide your proclivities from your fellow godbots by making sexually desirous comments and innuendo to anyone in a skirt?
listen - if you're trying to throw yourself at me, can you at least send me a recent pic with you scantly clothed?:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229895 May 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load bollocks – no one else??? Wow, you must have a very selective news channel or your supermarket sensation sheets are pretty limited in there content.
Adam Lanza – christian
James Holmes – christian
Anders Behring Breivik – serious funnymentalist christian
Radovan Karadzic christian known for genocid
Ratko Mladic another good christian famous for genocide
The IRA, indiscriminate mass murdering terrorist christians
The NLFT in india, good christians all
The KKK, also christian.
Scott Roeder, good right wing chrsitian terrorist
The Sikh Temple massacre in Wisconsin,
Frank Silva Roque, Wade Michael Page, Jim David Adkisson
the Army of God
Paul Jennings Hill
Eric Rudolph
James Charles Kopp
Joseph Stack
David Lane and Bruce Pierce
Timothy McVeigh
ALL CHRISTIAN
Not very good at this game are you
you silly witch! Christ taught His disciples to love, not kill! therefore these people are NOT His followers nor are they CHRISTian - DUH!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#229896 May 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i have a sneaking suspision that the most blasphemous now will be the most cowardly then so i might ask the Lord if i can stand in on your trial to see if i'm right.......
Stand in? You get to get nailed up beside me.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#229898 May 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No but they are pretty typical in somewhat one sided examples of the atrocities that are instigated by religious intolerance. Rather like the intolerance of the IRA, NLFT and those good christians the KKK and anti abortionists in the US are guilty of. Funny how you never want to bring up those atrocities.
Nope I am not outraged, as you can tell by my whimsical comment and honey, contrary to your lying mumbo jumbo I take the pIss out of Islam just as much as I do with christianity. However, I consider I do it fairly and am unbiased in that humour, I base my comments of fact, unlike some gopdbots I could name on topix who base there hatred on hearsay and sensationalist press.
You made the statement and I provided a counter and highlighted the fact that you were lying in your ignorance and it also seems using clairvoyance in you hatred. As for why you need to search for muslim outrage, perhaps because the usual sensationalist hate sheets you usually read are too journalistically sh|te to publish it. There is considerable muslim response, quite possible far more than good old american response but, hey, if you want to be blind to facts them feel free to wallow in your own ignorance.
I lie? So tell me who has been fighting in Afganistan for the last 25 or so years? First christian Russians followed by christian westerners? Have you asked if they want help or are you simply imposing that help because you are christian?
Ahh you mean like the only war the mighty US has won on it’s own since the Mexican-American War was against a group of Caribbean island hill farmers in Grenada? You want to big up then get your facts straight. FYI the mujahideen kept the might of russia on the hop and did exactly the same for the NATO forces more recently, you may not like their methods (neither do I) but unless you can claim victory in Afganistan then tough
The sickest religion is all a tough one and the accolade goes jointly to all 3 of the abrahamic religions but on a personal note Muslims have never hurt me or mine, Jews have never hurt me or mine, christians have.
You don’t know anything but you can guess which is why your consider I sold out, because you are guessing at the facts and inserting your own prejudices into my life but hey, you are a godbot and so it’s understandable
Lol, talk about taking blonde 'rational atheist' oxymoron to a new level!!!

Honey, I wasn't talking about ancient history, we are looking at today!

IRA was a political fight 20 years ago

NLFT last exercised violence 13 years ago

KKK was over 50 years ago

anti abortionists have killed less than ten people to protect unborn children over 30 years

You can add all the casualties of these Christian rejects and still not equal ONE act TODAY of Islamic violence IN ONE LOCATION OF MANY!

Oh, here is some interesting info for you, please note the point about atheists...;

http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statisti...

As to my source of info, you are right, I did use a 'hate sheet'; Al Jazeera

However, are you denying those situations do not exist? Really?

No one agrees with your defining of 'Christian' wars.

Nor would any rational person agree that the US needed help to kick Allah's ass again and again. Or save one twisted Islamic country after another from Muslim despots.

Oh, I'm a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.

In your case, I'm on a Crusade.

Smile.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#229899 May 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No one killed in the name of Atheism.
<quoted text>
Teh God did.

“Liberty of the mind”

Since: Sep 13

Soweto

#229900 May 28, 2014
BobEasy wrote:
Atheism requires no faith whatsoever. That is one of the biggest misconceptions about atheism. Atheism isn't a belief; it is an absense of belief in a god. What an atheist is saying is, "Well there is no evidence for a god being real, therefore, I have no good reason to believe God is real". They are not asserting that there definitely is no god. They are saying they don't believe in one. And they have good reasons for not believing in one. Atheism requires no faith for this reason; they have evidence, reason, rationality, and logic on their side. All these things point to the fact that there probably isn't a god, so the atheist therefore doesn't believe there is a god.
On the other hand, most believers are saying that God definitely exists, but have not a shred of proof to back it up.
Bob, as far as I know Atheism is definite about the non-existence of any deity. However, the Agnostics are uncertain about the existence of such. Agnostics seek information/ evidence of such existence.

“Liberty of the mind”

Since: Sep 13

Soweto

#229902 May 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Not really. For instance I don't believe in any god, but give me peer reviewable repeatable evidence and I will. I still wouldn't worship that god though, because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
From Wikipedia:
Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.
<quoted text>
Your Wikipedia citation confirms my contribution Thinking. I was just trying to highlight the difference between atheists and agnostics.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#229903 May 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Not really. For instance I don't believe in any god, but give me peer reviewable repeatable evidence and I will. I still wouldn't worship that god though, because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
From Wikipedia:
Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.
<quoted text>
So, your reasoning says there is no God because there is suffering?
Is that correct?

#229904 May 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!
Do you have any documented evidence that Thinking’s statement was worthy of laughter

Or are you just a numpty laughing in the name of your belief that goddunit wiv magic and everyone else wot don’t believe like wot you believe is to blame.

#229905 May 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
listen - if you're trying to throw yourself at me, can you at least send me a recent pic with you scantly clothed?:-)
I am dyslexic but it seems that you are the on who is unable to read.

Tell me, did your boyfriend fook your butt last night or was it your priests turn?

#229906 May 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you silly witch! Christ taught His disciples to love, not kill! therefore these people are NOT His followers nor are they CHRISTian - DUH!
Do you have any evidence that the late jc did any such thing. Remember that the babble compiled by committee 350 years after events, edited and bastardised to the extent that it had to be re-compiled in the early 1600s, not from the original but from babbles available at the time is not evidence.

However there is actual contemporary evidence that the guy you call christ was a terrorist and murderer who was crucified for his crimes. Using this (multiply sourced) evidence those people are MORE christian than you.

And since when was it your decision who is christian or who is not? Jeezoos fooking christ on a crutch, you arrogant T\/\/AT

So funny how a good, charitable, christian minded godbots ALWAYS deny the faith of another christian if their actions discredit what they believe christianity is all about.

So tell me, should you, the guy who lusts after and covets another mans wife be considered christian? Funny really there is no commandment aginst terrorism yet there is one about what you consider to be normal christian behaviour

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghost 1,507,968
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 313,635
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr Sport phartz 32,812
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
NCAA Basketball Tournament Feb 27 needhelp01 1
More from around the web