Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257159 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229809 May 26, 2014
gort wrote:
<quoted text>jesus was god
Nuh uh. Thor is god.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#229813 May 26, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..not , at judgment ...LOL.
That IS funny.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#229814 May 26, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>No they aren't.
There are real Christians and fake Christians.

Just like there are real dollars and fake dollars.
Would you call a fake dollar a real dollar?

Get real and stop being delusional.
Ever hear of the no-true-Scotsman fallacy?

Look it up.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Mississauga, Canada

#229815 May 26, 2014
Rodny wrote:
It is amusing how these mad atheists are trying to convince anyone that all the bad people are Christian while all the "good" people are atheists.
Better have a good laugh than start a flame war.
Not all xians are bad,all here are deluded and liars and not too bright as your posts proves daily

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#229817 May 26, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Your type overfloweth like the clogged toilet. You may need to invest in a plunger cause ya stuff don't flush. One has only to think "Westboro Baptist Church" or the bombing of birth control clinics to see the truth. But then you have these....
Wisconsin Sikh Temple massacre, Aug. 5, 2012.
The murder of Dr. George Tiller, May 31, 2009 killed by anti-abortion Christian terrorist Scott Roeder
Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church shooting, July 27, 2008.
The murder of Dr. John Britton, July 29, 1994.
The Centennial Olympic Park bombing, July 27, 1996.
The murder of Barnett Slepian by James Charles Kopp, Oct. 23, 1998.
Planned Parenthood bombing, Brookline, Massachusetts, 1994
Suicide attack on IRS building in Austin, Texas, Feb. 18, 2010.
The murder of Alan Berg, June 18, 1984.
Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing, April 19, 1995.
All acts of Christian terrorism.
Now you idiot , tell of atheist terrorism,
Like this?
Saudi Arabia Labels All Atheists as Terrorists!
Why? Because they Question Islamic laws and teaching.
Sound familiar?
Sounds just like you , you F&%king fanatical fruitloop!
I'll do you better. I'll remind you not of the atheist terrorists, but of atheists who carried out pograms against christians through thier government because of their positions of power. Vladimir Lenin and Joseph Stalin. They were both very committed atheists. Both murdered christians by the millions.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Mississauga, Canada

#229818 May 26, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
You atheists are so ignorant and delusional.
You can't preach Christianity in a Muslim country.
And atheists are executed in Muslim countries.
So thank God that you live in a Christian country.
You're LYING again

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Lying_for_Jesus

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#229819 May 26, 2014
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll do you better. I'll remind you not of the atheist terrorists, but of atheists who carried out pograms against christians through thier government because of their positions of power. Vladimir Lenin and Joseph Stalin. They were both very committed atheists. Both murdered christians by the millions.
They the poor and working class fought a revolution and civil war where the church was also the aristocracy and absolute monarchy, this same thing happened in France and England but you don't complain about the little guy killing the abusing rulers who sat fat in their rich lives while the people starved. It was harder for the Russians to win against the aristocracy which had large support in the Russian Orthodox Church with an army led by the monarchy. This is what created them and why the Russians embraced atheism, but make no mistake to gain freedom from the monarchy , the church had to be destroyed. Stalin furthered this goal when after winning the revolution the church regrouped into the "White Party" which sent him in a insane drive to destroy and burn the churches out of fear and the desire to take absolute control.

It would be no different if they had embraced another form of Christianity it would have been an entirely christian war then with you good Christians killing one another for freedom from oppression. As it worked out in thier case they turned away totally from religion having been abused by it so bad. You know America did nearly the same thing in it's revolution against England, which was an absolute monarchy with the crown behind the Church of England.
America choose to give religious freedom of any religion rather than reject religion altogether.
But it could have happened here like in Russia had there not been separation of the sea between the Church of England and the established churches here it may well have.

Anytime you have a two tiered society with the royals and commoners, if the commoners are starving and have nothing, while the royals have plenty. Well you can understand why the Russians did what they did.

Since: Apr 14

San German, Puerto Rico

#229820 May 26, 2014
As an atheist I have only intellectual curiosity as to why believers in deities hold such beliefs in the absence of any evidence or valid arguments to support them. However, believers seem to have very antagonistic feelings, even hatred, for atheists, even though many deny it. Can anyone shed some light on this?

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#229821 May 26, 2014
hpcaban wrote:
As an atheist I have only intellectual curiosity as to why believers in deities hold such beliefs in the absence of any evidence or valid arguments to support them. However, believers seem to have very antagonistic feelings, even hatred, for atheists, even though many deny it. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Atheists are the most hated people in the world, because they wont drink the kool aid with them.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#229822 May 26, 2014
hpcaban wrote:
Why are you bothering with such a weak belief system then?

“When you treat people as they ”

treat you they get offended.

#229824 May 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
ignored on the grounds of extremely angry and bigoted
So you ignore the stuff that gets too close to the fact and shows you for what you are?

So I will ask again, why you should you consider me lesbian because I have no intention of letting an ignorant fookwit big mouth and no trousers moron like you into my panties?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - i have been known to handle "six" of the opposite 'sex' and satisfy them all simultaneously! so how did you know???
Ahh right so not ignored at all, such a liar you are turning out to be

Have you actually asked if you satisfied them? From your personality shown here on topix I would think not, I would however think you dream that you fooked them real good (in your own mind) so they should be satisfied otherwise they must be lesbian?

And of course we only have you word as a god fearing man (LOL) for this feat of sexual gymnastics. and who the hell would believe a machine gun mouth like you?

BTW, Your verbalisations lets you down, you come across as having no idea of what constitutes satisfaction to the opposite sex. Stick your dick in, wiggle it about a bit and voila, there she is satisfied, time to tell the world about it!!!!– you really are a pathetic example of manhood (and I use the word manhood in the loosest possible sense)
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
not ignored on the grounds that now i kinda wanna wrestle with you naked;-)
So you are a raving poofter trying to hide your sexuality from your fellow godbots, thanks for telling us.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#229825 May 27, 2014
hpcaban wrote:
We break the foundation of a belief they have held since childhood and nobody wishes to be made to look a fool. They will hold on to their beliefs regardless of all mounting scientific evidence that the bible is a book of fairy tales. Imagine you have spend your life believing in something that was supposed to be infallible and truth personified proven wrong. Anger and lashing out is their only defense of their wasted years.

Lets just stick our heads in the sand, and we cant hear you, and you are a liar, is their response. Many many wasted years following a myth and no heaven to look forward to despite their complete adoration and worship.

How would you feel? The poor and ignorant especially, they live a miserable life and nothing to look forward to.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229826 May 27, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you ignore the stuff that gets too close to the fact and shows you for what you are?
So I will ask again, why you should you consider me lesbian because I have no intention of letting an ignorant fookwit big mouth and no trousers moron like you into my panties?
<quoted text>
Ahh right so not ignored at all, such a liar you are turning out to be
Have you actually asked if you satisfied them? From your personality shown here on topix I would think not, I would however think you dream that you fooked them real good (in your own mind) so they should be satisfied otherwise they must be lesbian?
And of course we only have you word as a god fearing man (LOL) for this feat of sexual gymnastics. and who the hell would believe a machine gun mouth like you?
BTW, Your verbalisations lets you down, you come across as having no idea of what constitutes satisfaction to the opposite sex. Stick your dick in, wiggle it about a bit and voila, there she is satisfied, time to tell the world about it!!!!– you really are a pathetic example of manhood (and I use the word manhood in the loosest possible sense)
<quoted text>
So you are a raving poofter trying to hide your sexuality from your fellow godbots, thanks for telling us.
Because like many here, he idiotically assumes that if a woman is assertive, cares about human rights and rejects his filth ---> she must be a lesbian?

#229828 May 27, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
So that is why you post on Topix all day, instead of doing work at the office.
And you want to preach about ethics?
Pardon me while I have a good laugh.
You really are clueless and so need to guess to fill the void left by your ignorance, how very christian of you.

I don’t want to preach about anything, that’s your job as a good godbot and it also seems to be your job to vomit hatred about what you are completely incapable of comprehending

BTW, if my employees did not deserve to leave work early on full pay (at my expense) then I can assure you that it would not have happened.

Can I ask, has such a benefit ever been provided for your good work?

You know, I will never appreciate why blithering idiots like you are simply not too embarrassed to post about what you will never understand?

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229829 May 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But the devil is in the details, It's not so much that the revisions are complete denial, they are revised not omitted, hand flowered, rolled, twisted and sugar coated. Some parts are swept under the rug, I'll give you a huge example.
You didn't hear about Churchill's decision till it was uncovered by historians.
http://video.pbs.org/video/1492157105/
Which asks you a question about the crusades and inquisition , was the history you learned about those two subjects learned from research done by historians, or was the story told by
the leaders in the days of it's event? Another example is the conquest of the Americas, all the things that sound pretty horrible are not really included. But I bet the French version of WW2 is a bit different in light of what Churchill did.
...What's wrong with you "Aura Mytha" ..( I still have watch this )..but, how could to take a biased Church of England statesman describing Catholic history ....hmmm..?

I'm curious have you ever heard of The War of Northern Aggression ...it was the bloodiest American war ..fought in 1861.

#229830 May 27, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no use replying to such grossly ignorant atheists.
I suggest that ChristineM go live in a Muslim country to see what it's like.
She takes her privilege of being free in a Christian country for granted.
Yet you reply, I have only known you a short time but it is becoming more and more obvious just how hypocritical you really are.

Suggest what you want, it will make no difference to reality. Unlike you and your deliberately ignorant guesses I have spent time in Muslim countries so I know what it’s like. And just like the USA there are vast swathes of ignorant godbots like you, however also like the USA, there are areas of decent HUMAN BEINGS.

Privilege? You dumbo, you total fookiwit, what privilege? The privilege of mockery of children with disability? How about injury during a christian bomb attack? Surely you don’t mean the privilege of attempted murder or was it verbal and physical abuse?

Or the privilege of having to endure the stupid and moronic lies and hatred of deliberately ignorant T\/\/ATS like you?

P.S. the UK has a state religion but it is a multicultural country and far from a christian country. Latest census gives around 2.5% of brits as church goers.

Honey, give me honest anything in comparison you ignorant, hateful, lying christians.

#229831 May 27, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll put it on my reading list, when I finish my studies for this semester. Get back to you.
To me, Pantera is a heavy metal band. But you said that he was Jesus' real father, right?
So the documentation goes and that documentation includes the Hebrew holy books from which the OT was selectively cloned.

‘Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera of Sidon’

#229832 May 27, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they're not all terrorists!
Islam is not a religion I'm greatly impressed with, but some of the people are OK. Some are really nice and polite. I just don't want to live under Shariah law.
To quote their holy book: "I do not worship what you worship...Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship."
http://quran.com/109
Hindus are good, like the bloke I used to work with. You can have a good discussion on theology with them - and they don't try to ram it down your neck. Funnily enough they believe in a trinity: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.
But so many non Muslims consider (and treat) them as if they were.

Islam is pretty much like christianity, they even worship the same deity. The god stories are similar with amendments that show a few hundred years of progress. But still written over one and a half millennia ago.

Not many muslims want to live under Shariah law either however just like in christianity there are funnymentalists. As far as I know only about 15 of more than 50 Islamic countries apply full sharia law.

Sure the god book will have an influence but it’s personality and hence interpretation of the god books that define how a person reacts to that god book. Examples abound on this very thread. Some good christians (so they claim) rejoice in vomiting hatred to anyone who does not worship as they choose to worship. That very same accusation that they apply to Islam.

I sometimes PM with a Muslim who is currently very upset because he want on a christian thread to try and learn something about christianity and offer his views on Islam to anyone interested enough to correspond. Those good christians ganged up on him (you know what it’s like) vomiting hatred and abuse to reject him from the thread, they just did not want to know, did not even want to listen and did not want to provide their view. Such ignorance is what defines them. I don’t know which thread it was but I would not be in the least surprised if such good, wholesome christians as Rodny were among the mob.

Unlike you and me, he is not inured to the behaviour of good christian folks and has not returned to the thread since.

#229833 May 27, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to think that Christian morality is an oxymoron. Oh, and Ethics is not a county in England.
:-)
LOL

#229834 May 27, 2014
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
She isn't an american. Also, like a good many of us here she needs therapy.
Speak for yourself, my psychiatrist says I am completely normal

That may be a bit above you but if you do get it feel free to comment – sensibly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 min Earthling-1 10,136
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr RoxLo 1,433,986
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr zach 311,926
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Bruin For Life 32,407
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web