Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257134 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#229759 May 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don’t know what I am talking about, you are deliberately ignorant beyond redemption.
I have in the past spent a considerable amount of time in various Muslim countries, my husband (also atheist) is flying out to one today. The area I live is almost 12% Muslim, I can see 5 mosques from my office window (funnily enough more mosques than churches). 60% of the staff I employ are Muslim and the only people I can have decent, meaningful conversations with regarding religion here on topix are either atheist or muslim.
It seems that you have been brain washed by you local church hate campaigns and supermarket tabloid odium sheets. Either that or you are too stupid to discern the difference between Muslim and terrorist. It’s only makes sense for good christians to separate good christian murderers and groups like the IRA, NLFT, KKK etc from mainstream christianity but when it comes to other religions, such separation is anathema. More of your god given christian intolerance and deliberate ignorance.
Honey, atheism is the default birth state of humanity. Or perhaps you can provide evidence of a new born baby that believes in any deity. You should thank atheist that you have the choice and freedom to indoctrinate your children out of their initial state.
Of course they're not all terrorists!

Islam is not a religion I'm greatly impressed with, but some of the people are OK. Some are really nice and polite. I just don't want to live under Shariah law.

To quote their holy book: "I do not worship what you worship...Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship."
http://quran.com/109

Hindus are good, like the bloke I used to work with. You can have a good discussion on theology with them - and they don't try to ram it down your neck. Funnily enough they believe in a trinity: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229760 May 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one problem with some godbots, they claim morality as their own and are adamant that no one else can have any.
They cannot give any valid explanation why others cannot have any morality other than it’s what they believe. There in lies another problem, they see what they believe as “Truth” and will never educate themselves to any facts that contradict their beliefs
I'm beginning to think that Christian morality is an oxymoron. Oh, and Ethics is not a county in England.
:-)

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229761 May 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignored on the grounds that you are a pervert.
Yes, that's why I don't take a word he says seriously.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229762 May 24, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not in any way challenging what you're saying about islam here, but i'd like clarification on what you mean by "strong women"?
do you mean strong as in 'she embraces her different creative design, gifts and strengths associated with being female and having a womb', or do you mean 'pushy and controlling and having the mentality that her differences are superior to mens differences'?
just asking.....:-)
Strong enough to see right through the likes of you, and not a dumb bimbo.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229763 May 24, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - i have been known to handle "six" of the opposite 'sex' and satisfy them all simultaneously! so how did you know???
A set of six. Did you do the whole football team?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229764 May 24, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>I'm beginning to think that Christian morality is an oxymoron. Oh, and Ethics is not a county in England.
:-)
I took a quiz, turns out I have them. Lol.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229765 May 24, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Rosa Wankel, together with Christine M, Divinity Surgeon(sic) and Thinker(sic) are beyond redemption.
Their only place of redemption is in a mental institution.
WTF was that one for?! Very big of you, 1" Rod.

Lucky you funny-mentalists don't know what you're talking about. Thanks for giving us the benefit of your expert lack of knowledge. It's also lucky I know my rights.

A person is not a mentally ill person or a mentally disordered person merely because of any one or more of the following:
* the person expresses or refuses or fails to express or has expressed or refused or failed to express a particular religious opinion or belief,
* the person engages in or refuses or fails to engage in, or has engaged in or refused or failed to engage in, a particular religious activity,
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol...

Now go and boil your head in a chip fryer.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229766 May 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I took a quiz, turns out I have them. Lol.
I think so.

And we're both interested in a conversion to the Blues. Right after they score the winning try in this year's Origin. YES!!!

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229767 May 24, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>I think so.

And we're both interested in a conversion to the Blues. Right after they score the winning try in this year's Origin. YES!!!
You think they'll win? Finally? Conversion? I'll always be blue at heart. Lol.

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#229770 May 24, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no use replying to such grossly ignorant atheists.
I suggest that ChristineM go live in a Muslim country to see what it's like.
She takes her privilege of being free in a Christian country for granted.
She isn't an american. Also, like a good many of us here she needs therapy.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229771 May 24, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Nutsie Rosa, your insanity has nothing to do with religion, but the way you comment on anything, which is usually off topic, as in this case.
Now go and play with your winkel.
So very Christian of you, 1" Rod.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229772 May 24, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>So very Christian of you, 1" Rod.
He likes telling people they're insane.

I'm ok with it, my mother had me tested.

The Government had me tested.

The Courts had me tested.

They all found a high IQ. Apparently that's a good thing.

When all else failed, my ex in laws tried to have me taken away. That failed as well. It was kind of funny.

I'm insane to christians, that or the debil. It took a lot of time, study and other (non christian) professionals for me to stop believing their loving christian speech.

I'm occasionally surprised that they didn't drive me bonkers.

Plus, like, full custody and no Luci in the happy place. Poor widdle persecuted lot.
the dark knight

Nagpur, India

#229773 May 24, 2014
and on the first day man created god

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229776 May 24, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>I don't like telling people they're insane.
But when they are not interested in serious debate but in just name calling and twisting of facts one can't help telling them that they are insane.
Unfortunately sometimes one has to go down to their same level to answer them in kind.

I hate to say it but your peak of insanity was reached recently when you said that you prefer to live with Muslims rather than Christians.
This coming from an atheist is really insane.
So please take care of yourself and watch what you are doing.
Like I told you before I wish you no harm and just want to be friendly and helpful with you, as with everybody else.

What I wanted to ask you is why you hate Christians so much, not that it makes any difference to me, were you or any other atheist ever persecuted by Christians in our time?
do
Please show a post of mine that says I would rather live with Muslims than christians.

Then I might answer your questions. I'm not taking on any new trolls at the moment.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#229778 May 24, 2014
Rodny wrote:
DS, I'm sorry you have had so many problems in your life, so have had many of us.
It also took me a lot of research and hard times to get out of my Catholic upbringing mentality very long ago. But nobody stopped me or disowned me for it.
I also hate religious fanaticism, of whatever kind. But it seems that today the fanaticism is only coming from atheists and Muslims.

If we want a world in peace we must live in tolerance of others beliefs, as long as they are not violent and hateful.
What difference does it make to you if one believes in God or not?
Really?

Have you ever heard of Westboro baptist church? I'm pretty sure they're Christian.

And I doubt that there are very many KKK members who would dare to claim any religion other than Christianity. In fact, I'll bet claiming you were catholic would be harmful to your health.

Ever listen to Michelle bachmann? Sarah Palin? Rick perry?

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#229779 May 24, 2014
Rodny wrote:
DS, I'm sorry you have had so many problems in your life, so have had many of us.
It also took me a lot of research and hard times to get out of my Catholic upbringing mentality very long ago. But nobody stopped me or disowned me for it.
I also hate religious fanaticism, of whatever kind. But it seems that today the fanaticism is only coming from atheists and Muslims.
If we want a world in peace we must live in tolerance of others beliefs, as long as they are not violent and hateful.
What difference does it make to you if one believes in God or not?

Your type overfloweth like the clogged toilet. You may need to invest in a plunger cause ya stuff don't flush. One has only to think "Westboro Baptist Church" or the bombing of birth control clinics to see the truth. But then you have these....

Wisconsin Sikh Temple massacre, Aug. 5, 2012.
The murder of Dr. George Tiller, May 31, 2009 killed by anti-abortion Christian terrorist Scott Roeder

Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church shooting, July 27, 2008.

The murder of Dr. John Britton, July 29, 1994.

The Centennial Olympic Park bombing, July 27, 1996.

The murder of Barnett Slepian by James Charles Kopp, Oct. 23, 1998.

Planned Parenthood bombing, Brookline, Massachusetts, 1994

Suicide attack on IRS building in Austin, Texas, Feb. 18, 2010.

The murder of Alan Berg, June 18, 1984.

Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing, April 19, 1995.

All acts of Christian terrorism.
Now you idiot , tell of atheist terrorism,

Like this?

Saudi Arabia Labels All Atheists as Terrorists!
Why? Because they Question Islamic laws and teaching.

Sound familiar?
Sounds just like you , you F&%king fanatical fruitloop!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229780 May 24, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Rodny, you plonker![sic]
There is no all powerful compassionate god because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
<quoted text>
Cor blimey, gov! I think we can all agree on that one.
*chuckles*

“too hard to handle”

Location hidden

#229783 May 24, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Have you ever heard of Westboro baptist church? I'm pretty sure they're Christian.
And I doubt that there are very many KKK members who would dare to claim any religion other than Christianity. In fact, I'll bet claiming you were catholic would be harmful to your health.
Ever listen to Michelle bachmann? Sarah Palin? Rick perry?
Despite what they say, the most charitable thing I can say about Westbrook baptist church and the kkk is that theyare not christian. They fail the first test, which is to treat unbelievers with the utmost respect and love.

As forPalin, Bachmann, Perry, Santorum etc, my faith does not dependent on what comes out of thier mouths but what god says in his word.

“too hard to handle”

Location hidden

#229784 May 24, 2014
Just saying;

My son is in the military. If he came home in a casket and Westbrook baptist somehow was there protesting, there would be Soooooo many lawsuits. The things they do are so despicable.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#229785 May 24, 2014
superwilly wrote:
Just saying;
My son is in the military. If he came home in a casket and Westbrook baptist somehow was there protesting, there would be Soooooo many lawsuits. The things they do are so despicable.
http://westbrookbaptistchurch.org/

I don't think they protest soldiers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Yeah 1,433,283
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr donaldtrump 10,130
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr zef 311,907
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Tue Chosen Traveler 32,404
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web