Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
220,221 - 220,240 of 226,389 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229331 May 17, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Alpha and Omega.
Do you worship Greek gods?
..Phffiit..I don't worship their pantheon ..I worship the alphabet ..!

Las Vegas, NV

#229332 May 17, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
When we talk about finding life anywhere else, I can only say I hope it will be found.
I don't cherish the idea of being alone in the universe, even if I cherish being alone with my privacy. The thought of life not existing anywhere else in this vast universe is not only unthinkable, it's chilling as hell. But if we do find no life out there, it will become our job to put it out there, and the universe will become alive with the seeds we spread.
As far as finding life on Io or Europa I can only say there is a high potential of it being found.
Do I expect to find it? No but we don't expect to pennies on the ground on heads either , but there is a pretty good chance we will. But the search doesn't end at Io or Europa , it has really just begun. As to what I'm wearing, that's a strange question to ask in a evolution forum.
Besides my skin you will find me dressed in cotton blends and classic harness boots.
Whoa ...pump the brakes ! I don't care how awesome you think you are in your cotton blends and harness boots ..I never , insinuated that I expected "you" to discover life on Jupiter's Moons ...I was more inclined to believe , it'd be found by NASA exploratory probe ...

( thank-you for correcting my solecism ...it's Europa , that may prove to have liquid water .)

Well , you're a brave young woman ...As, I don't really believe an extraterrestrial civilization would take kindly towards us ...I don't really relish the thought of being being someone's slave or main course ..

Las Vegas, NV

#229333 May 17, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is, there is no more proof that your particular god is real - let alone the one true god - than there is for all the others.
Yeah , except for the faith of the Jews ..here's a religion almost as old as Hinduism and it remains pretty much unchanged ...

that's quite unprecedented ..for, an ideology you believe was ' made-up '.

Las Vegas, NV

#229334 May 17, 2014
UidiotRaceMakeWorldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>No by dirty blood money will by me , not for million years! But i see you would take the blood money, am i correct scyhophant?
Sorry weirdo , President Obama tried your tact , and the global community kicked him in the teeth ...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#229335 May 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah , except for the faith of the Jews ..here's a religion almost as old as Hinduism and it remains pretty much unchanged ...
that's quite unprecedented ..for, an ideology you believe was ' made-up '.
You do understand that faith is pretty much the opposite of proof, right?

Las Vegas, NV

#229336 May 17, 2014
by = buy!
bye

Las Vegas, NV

#229337 May 17, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Crisis WHAT crisis,
I worked saved my money and now I'm financialy independent,doing whatever I like..
unlike you Lazy loosers who blame everyone else for your problems!
...yeah , the financial and housing crisis ....didn't really touch the Great White North ...but, down here in your oil crazy neighbor ...we , kinda took it in the butt ..

Are you ( gasp )....insinuating , that it's not the Jews fault ..?!

Las Vegas, NV

#229338 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>Wrong , then Why 90 % of my Americans want no more overseas wars AND WORLD despise you US mercenaries/war mongers!
! You the corrupted US mercenaries/Neocons/Nazis/zion sts and you minions lowly Authoritarians/right Wing Xtain fundies and supprters... are REAL threat to World Peace, as you US war mongers/mercenaries the real Anti-Americans/immigrants . Anti-World, Anti-peace, Anti-US constitutions, Anti-Civil Liberty, Anti-Law,..
Then Why International War Crimes Tribunal had tried Bush & co , Blair and Co, for war crimes Against humanity, you next , sooner or later you us War mongers will be tried for War crimes , You will see light and justice ! One for Humanity! BAhahahahaa
90% of American , probably want American forces pulling out the intestines of western Africans boko haram ..50% probably want us to be doing the same thing in eastern Ukraine ...

The world doesn't hate American military forces ..the world hates the tripe that comes out of Hollywood and Capital records ...

The International war crimes tribunal is just an anti-semitic ploy , to destroy Israel ...

Until they indict North Korea , China , Saudi Arabia or Russia ...I don't believe a f**king word they say ..

Since you're so anally fixated ...Why, don't you shove that up your gaping man pussy ..

Las Vegas, NV

#229339 May 17, 2014
UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>LOL ! Our Western news /media is of the Corporatist-type , what trust... no one you so easily brainwashed ! You way more naive , China and Russia just protecting the it seas from instabilty and as our militaristic US neo-imperailist wants to grab piece of Pie and China, Russia... is in the way! More like you all 3 sixes on u fore head , and you lowly Authoritarians do have 666 on your Foreheads! BAhahahaaa
Good heavens , you're defending Sino and Russian aggression ..

You're exactly like a Nazi ..( if they were , gay and fat .)

Las Vegas, NV

#229340 May 17, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny what one comes up with when he is cornered.
I suppose the Founding Fathers were firm believers in God because they were Muslims, and not Christians.
You have also not refuted my proof that America is a Christian nation.
Here is proof that Christianity is in the US constitution.
https://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.as...
damn your eyes ....I hate it , when you people scuttle my argument , with your so called "facts"..!

Las Vegas, NV

#229341 May 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be a lair.
You're just a number....
..I tried to make a case , for my dignity .

And " Riverside" is quick to stomp it down ; he says " Phhifft , you're just a number ."

You're really funny "RR" and , you're not even Jewish ..

Las Vegas, NV

#229342 May 17, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand that faith is pretty much the opposite of proof, right?
Oh , indubitably ....If , that were not the case . How could the Bible ascertain that God gives us freewill ...?

Las Vegas, NV

#229343 May 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Good heavens , you're defending Sino and Russian aggression ..
You're exactly like a Nazi ..( if they were , gay and fat .)
..sorry , gay and fat posters ,

( I'm looking at you "Just Think" and "Aerobatty"..)

Las Vegas, NV

#229345 May 17, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an old man, but for 70theen years I am an atheist and I am satisfied for this all These years.
70 huh..do you still cal the T.V. a radio ..?

"Henry" religion never held any allure , or were you merely turned off , because of the behavior of the "so called " Christians ..??

and, finally did you vote in support of the European Union ..?

Las Vegas, NV

#229346 May 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Believers overuse their right to accept that which is false.
<quoted text>
I can't really see ,how you can actually believe this ....the absurdity of it ..

To suggest , those that subscribe to religion are willfully deluding themselves ..huh.?

Psychology , would have nailed the coffin shut on religion decades ago , if this were really the case ..

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#229347 May 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Oh , indubitably ....If , that were not the case . How could the Bible ascertain that God gives us freewill ...?
In other words, as I originally stated, there is no proof that the OP's god is real.

Thanks.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#229348 May 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa ...pump the brakes ! I don't care how awesome you think you are in your cotton blends and harness boots ..I never , insinuated that I expected "you" to discover life on Jupiter's Moons ...I was more inclined to believe , it'd be found by NASA exploratory probe ...
( thank-you for correcting my solecism ...it's Europa , that may prove to have liquid water .)
Well , you're a brave young woman ...As, I don't really believe an extraterrestrial civilization would take kindly towards us ...I don't really relish the thought of being being someone's slave or main course ..
Again I will tell you I no woman, I have a wife though, and 5 kids.
But when we talk about finding life, I tend to think more microbial or very simple life forms maybe found. The chances of finding intelligent life, or especially a society in this solar system is very small. But if we ever do find intelligent life, AKA: a society, would you expect it to behave differently than civilization here? Predation however is also a requisite of all life we know of, so that is to be expected.
What you are saying is you're afraid of moving out west because the Indian savages are out there.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#229350 May 17, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>By your own admittance you are an idiot since that is what you call yourself in your profile, even though you mis-spell it as Audiot.
Not that anyone had any doubt, since it is quite obvious.

To answer this last idiotic post of yours, I do not answer idiotic off-topic questions. It is you who has evaded my posts about the US and State Constitutions concerning religion. Yours are typical childish tactics to evade the subject being discussed here, after being cornered.
The less you post the less you will make a fool of yourself. Now go back to your drugs, boy.
Uidiot.

Ur welcome.
Zhiguli

Belgrade, Serbia

#229354 May 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...If the illuminati ..were..really Satanic .
They wouldn't be interested in " sharing " power ...So , you must believe the illuminati is all white ..
I say , Arabs and Orientals ...are "not" controlled by the West ..
That's what you think, but you are wrong. They have their men everywhere, even in Arabia and China, an Arab or Chinese wearing light blue patch across his suit and holding a sword swearing an oath to satan in illuminati temple is nothing unusual

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#229355 May 17, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>you're assuming that the godless theory of evolution is true!

how could you possibly 'prove' a theory that's less than only 200 years old but needs over 13 billion years of documented evidence in order to certify its validity?

i have documented & certifiable evidence that says you're being irrational and obstinate in your way of thinking and that the sole motive behind it is godlesness!
200 years of of evidence without a single piece of contrive rating evidence.

Rational people consider that to be extremely solid.

Even the Catholic Church.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,100,526
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 44 min Bruin Nation 27,089
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr SevenTee 305,457
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••