Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
220,081 - 220,100 of 224,391 Comments Last updated 38 min ago

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229163
May 14, 2014
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No one gives a crap about Kuwait you say.
This sounds just like you said it.
The Gulf War (2 August 1990 28 February 1991), codenamed Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 28 February 1991) was a war waged by coalition forces from 34 nations led by the United States against Iraq in response to Iraq's invasion and annexation of Kuwait.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War
Sure Saddam's threats to other things and places apply, including scud launches into Israel.
But the gist of the matter is much simpler.
"The initial conflict to expel Iraqi troops from Kuwait began with an aerial bombardment on 17 January 1991. This was followed by a ground assault on 24 February. This was a decisive victory for the Coalition forces, who liberated Kuwait and advanced into Iraqi territory."
Everyone tends to care about people being bullied by assholes, especially nations being bullied by them.
The Baathist's forces conquered Kuwait in the first week of August ...August 7th US forces are deployed in the KSA ( kingdom of saudi arabia )..

Ostensibly to liberate Kuwait ( 7 months later )...Look , "Aura" how could the Administration be forthright and actually exclaim " We're gonna put your sons and daughters in harms way ; to protect the Saudi oil fields ! "

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229164
May 14, 2014
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong about what? Your interpretation of my meaning? That would be your error,,,do try to keep up.
...Apology ...accepted ...!
Out of the darkness

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229165
May 14, 2014
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No one gives a crap about Kuwait you say.
This sounds just like you said it.
The Gulf War (2 August 1990 28 February 1991), codenamed Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 28 February 1991) was a war waged by coalition forces from 34 nations led by the United States against Iraq in response to Iraq's invasion and annexation of Kuwait.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War
Sure Saddam's threats to other things and places apply, including scud launches into Israel.
But the gist of the matter is much simpler.
"The initial conflict to expel Iraqi troops from Kuwait began with an aerial bombardment on 17 January 1991. This was followed by a ground assault on 24 February. This was a decisive victory for the Coalition forces, who liberated Kuwait and advanced into Iraqi territory."
Everyone tends to care about people being bullied by assholes, especially nations being bullied by them.
The Gulf War.

OPEC was geting too greedy. Hurting our economy.

Bush let the gorilla loose.

Bush made OPEC pay for caging the gorilla, at a litle profit, and OPEC got less greedy because the gorilla was still there.

Our economy picked up again because of cheaper oil and Clinton claims the credit.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229166
May 14, 2014
 
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You must really admire The Dave Nelson.
Ask him out for a date.
ooh , I hate coming off as the bad guy , and I'm the first to acknowledge ' We'll never know where we'll find love .."

But , this isn't one of those website ...if you're not here to ridicule Atheists or Theists , might I suggest " match.com " ...I'm pretty sure gays are welcomed ..

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229167
May 14, 2014
 
Out of the darkness wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gulf War.
OPEC was geting too greedy. Hurting our economy.
Bush let the gorilla loose.
Bush made OPEC pay for caging the gorilla, at a litle profit, and OPEC got less greedy because the gorilla was still there.
Our economy picked up again because of cheaper oil and Clinton claims the credit.
Slam

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229168
May 14, 2014
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> BTW I'm not angry about your stupidity, just what was it Gen. Schwarzkopf said?
http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2012/12/2...
The fatso said " History has proven to all of us , that there will be another War ."
Out of the darkness

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229169
May 14, 2014
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
"The economic and financing issues surr
ounding the Desert Storm Operation are
unique in this survey in several ways. First, it was the only military operation
considered that did not require any increase in military expenditures as a percentage
of GDP. In fact, it took place during the
long reduction in military spending as a
percentage of GDP that accompanied the end of the Cold War. In this broad sense,
there is no reason to consider the economic
effects of financing the buildup. In fact,
an economic contraction occurred during Desert Storm, unlike the typical wartime
economic boom. The 1990-1991 recession is not
typically attributed to the war,
except for its possible negative effects on confidence. Instead, it is typically
attributed to contractiona
ry monetary policy (undertak
en through 1989 to quell the
rising inflation rate), problems in the ba
nking sector, and the spike in oil prices
associated with the Iraqi invasion of Kuwa
it. Timing supports this argument: the
monetary tightening took place in 1988 and 1989, the recession began in July 1990,
the oil price spike began in August
1990, and military operations
began in January 1991. After the conflict e
nded, the economy began to expand again (in March 1991)
it did not experience post-war contraction.
Unlike previous military conflicts, in which the Federal Reserve had tolerated
excessive money creation, durin
g Desert Storm the Federal
Reserve sought to stamp
out inflationary pressures that originated before the conflict, even at the risk of
recession. After the conflic
t ended, the economy began to expand again. The budget
deficit rose during the conflict, but it would be difficult to claim that military
spending contributed to the rise in the deficit when overall military spending was
declining during this time. Instead, the ri
sing budget deficit was characterized by
falling tax revenues and risi
ng non-military outlays, both of
which can be largely
accounted for by automatic changes in re
venues and outlays caused by the economic
slowdown.
13
To reduce the widening deficit, the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
of 1990 cut spending and increased taxes.
It was estimated that over the following
five years, 57% of the de
ficit reduction would come fr
om spending cuts and 29%
from tax increases (14% would come from lower interest payments). Changes to
excise taxes, payroll taxes, and individua
l income taxes accounted for the bulk of the
tax increases. The revenue raising provisions of the act were estimated to raise tax
revenues by 0.3% of GDP in 1991. Most of
the spending reductions were to come
from reductions in military outlays and Medicare spending.
14
Another unique aspect of the financin
g of the Gulf War was the financial
contributions that the Unite
d States received from its allies. In effect, foreign
governments financed a large part of
the war effort for the United States
contributions from foreign governments
equaled $48 billion, wh
ile the overall cost
of the war was $61 billion in current dollars.
15
In the balance of payments, these
contributions represented a unilateral transfer to the United States, which is recorded
as a reduction in the current account deficit.
The exchange value of the dollar was
unlikely to have been significantly aff
ected, however, since a substantial portion of
the contributions came from Saudi Arab
ia and Kuwait, both of whom had a
de facto
fixed exchange rate with the dollar.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL31176.pdf

Plus other manipulations of the books.

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/04/04/opinion/pad...

It all made Clinton look good when he inherited the fruits of it.

Bush did it.
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229170
May 14, 2014
 
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....ENOUGH OF THIS CHARADE...!!
America ' is ' the bees knees ...you constantly try to besmirch Her by taking ' direct ' quotes , from her generals , top states men and most ardent supporters ...Only , proving Americans are honest and capable of self criticism ...SOMETHING " YOU " ONLY FIND IN THE WEST ...!
There is real trouble in the World , an Islamic insurgency that has no qualms about murdering school children , drug cartels that do the same ..Warlords who operate with impunity ..China deciding it owns the ' entire ' South China Sea , Russia deciding it owns it neighbors , Mexicans , Central Americans and North Africans ...all expounding that it's too dangerous to travel at night ..
Of , course I don't blame the CIA ..trouble like this has always existed , the Thuggees of the subcontinent , Poncho Villa , the Saxons and Hannibal ..
You may be right, mayhaps the Pentagon ' is ' dictating foreign policy ...but , to be sure the most expensive military in the world , is the one that ' was ' second best ...
sorry , I tend to ramble ...as to this post ...there ' is ' no such thing as a Leftist political leader ...( sure they claim to be ....Kim jong il , Castro , Chavez )..but, in truth they are merely lining their pockets ...
Not besmirch to Criticize ones nation is to do it good, those good /moral leaders who criticizes its nation for it good is noble but when Average John/jane criticizes ones nation are often demonized by you war mongering NeoCons supporters who often hide behind and support corrupted those crooked greedy Nazi/NEocons/Zionist US gestapo-like govt waar-for-profiteering agendas/schemes.
Two different types of Americans those 95% of Americans who want to live in harmony at home and with the world are often demonised by you our crooked lowly ignorant Authoritarian Americans that often supported the corrupted/pyscopathic leaders in power profiteering agendas are really the destroyers of its own nation and it people and ruins nations economy and it peope it in fact you are not constructer of nation(s) but destroyers, do take you war machines and dump it all in the ocean, it does not benefit world humanity; you plunderer/mass murderers/killers/bullies... are evil bunch.

You are another ignorant enabler who get my wrath for you incensed me to give you a lesson in humility, know take your Charade and stuffed,begone yee minions of Satan to hell hole where you came from ! BWhahahahahaa Did you know you have 666 on your forhead!
Ar you pissed off yet? Or you want more load of my hiney melons?

MBwhahahahahahahaa

.
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229171
May 14, 2014
 
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....ENOUGH OF THIS CHARADE...!!
America ' is ' the bees knees ...you constantly try to besmirch Her by taking ' direct ' quotes , from her generals , top states men and most ardent supporters ...Only , proving Americans are honest and capable of self criticism ...SOMETHING " YOU " ONLY FIND IN THE WEST ...!
There is real trouble in the World , an Islamic insurgency that has no qualms about murdering school children , drug cartels that do the same ..Warlords who operate with impunity ..China deciding it owns the ' entire ' South China Sea , Russia deciding it owns it neighbors , Mexicans , Central Americans and North Africans ...all expounding that it's too dangerous to travel at night ..
Of , course I don't blame the CIA ..trouble like this has always existed , the Thuggees of the subcontinent , Poncho Villa , the Saxons and Hannibal ..
You may be right, mayhaps the Pentagon ' is ' dictating foreign policy ...but , to be sure the most expensive military in the world , is the one that ' was ' second best ...
sorry , I tend to ramble ...as to this post ...there ' is ' no such thing as a Leftist political leader ...( sure they claim to be ....Kim jong il , Castro , Chavez )..but, in truth they are merely lining their pockets ...
Add! So why should out corrupted US Militaristic Neo_imperailist want intervene into other nations affairs,, our US have to many enemies worldwide already?

How many human lives are ruined at home and world wide , as my younger American generation are being lied to and being recruit into crooked US military to serve as pawns/slaves in crooked geo-political chessboard , and sent us Americans in harms ways to fight for those few corrupted bastard greedy warring psycopathic US leaders in Power who only wanted to get richand protect their coffers and wealth. If you good why don't these greedy /corrupted Old man in power fight these illegal wars - the war-for-profiteering wars themselves and even sent their own children in harms way

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229172
May 14, 2014
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a great analytical and scientific thinker who didn't let belief get in the way of experimentation.
Agreed.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229173
May 14, 2014
 
number four wrote:
<quoted text>ooh , I hate coming off as the bad guy , and I'm the first to acknowledge ' We'll never know where we'll find love .."
But , this isn't one of those website ...if you're not here to ridicule Atheists or Theists , might I suggest " match.com " ...I'm pretty sure gays are welcomed ..
You'd know.
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229174
May 14, 2014
 
UidiotRaceMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text> Not besmirch to Criticize ones nation is to do it good, those good /moral leaders who criticizes its nation for it good is noble but when Average John/jane criticizes ones nation are often demonized by you war mongering NeoCons supporters who often hide behind and support corrupted those crooked greedy Nazi/NEocons/Zionist US gestapo-like govt waar-for-profiteering agendas/schemes.
Two different types of Americans those 95% of Americans who want to live in harmony at home and with the world are often demonised by you our crooked lowly ignorant Authoritarian Americans that often supported the corrupted/pyscopathic leaders in power profiteering agendas are really the destroyers of its own nation and it people and ruins nations economy and it peope it in fact you are not constructer of nation(s) but destroyers, do take you war machines and dump it all in the ocean, it does not benefit world humanity; you plunderer/mass murderers/killers/bullies... are evil bunch.
You are another ignorant enabler who get my wrath for you incensed me to give you a lesson in humility, know take your Charade and stuffed,begone yee minions of Satan to hell hole where you came from ! BWhahahahahaa Did you know you have 666 on your forhead!
Ar you pissed off yet? Or you want more load of my hiney melons?
MBwhahahahahahahaa
.
Ps , look poster no 4, not all Americans leaders are Honest ... two types leaders one who care about humanity and other have no empathy for Americans and world masses! You lowly authoritarians often support kowtow to these obnoxious warlike empathyless Psychopathic leaders as you are his Satanic minions, he use you and when you mot of you lowly Authoritarian minions no longer useful , the corrupted leader in power will dump you ! Did you know you have 666 on your head! Bhahahaaaaa

Are you getting sensitive and piss off yet religious nutty grunters?

Hey poster No 4 what happen to poster no .007? bahhahaaaaaaa
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229175
May 14, 2014
 
UidiotRaceMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>Add! So why should out corrupted US Militaristic Neo_imperialist want intervene into other nations affairs,, our US have to many enemies worldwide already?
How many human lives are ruined at home and world wide , as my younger American generation are being lied to and being recruit into crooked US military to serve as pawns/slaves in crooked geo-political chessboard , and sent us Americans in harms ways to fight for those few corrupted bastard greedy warring psychopathic US leaders in Power who only wanted to get richand protect their coffers and wealth. If you good why don't these greedy /corrupted Old man in power fight these illegal wars - the war-for-profiteering wars themselves and even sent their own children in harms way
SHB! correction: If it so good why don't...
justacomment

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229176
May 14, 2014
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah..... Topix Atheists! have trains?!?
That reminds me...
"A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad."
-Theodore Roosevelt
And thier trains have left the station.
UiDiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229177
May 14, 2014
 
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.Americas Masons ..or...Athiests ..???
DUH! Did you have senior moment? What you think , ZhiGuli and I were talking about all this time, no wonder most of you lowly peebrain Authoritarians ignorant and mentallychallenged and can't even connect the dot in a debate! DUH moment for you!
UiDiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229178
May 14, 2014
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No one gives a crap about Kuwait you say.
This sounds just like you said it.
The Gulf War (2 August 1990 28 February 1991), codenamed Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 28 February 1991) was a war waged by coalition forces from 34 nations led by the United States against Iraq in response to Iraq's invasion and annexation of Kuwait.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War
Sure Saddam's threats to other things and places apply, including scud launches into Israel.
But the gist of the matter is much simpler.
"The initial conflict to expel Iraqi troops from Kuwait began with an aerial bombardment on 17 January 1991. This was followed by a ground assault on 24 February. This was a decisive victory for the Coalition forces, who liberated Kuwait and advanced into Iraqi territory."
Everyone tends to care about people being bullied by assholes, especially nations being bullied by them.
Our US lied to 34 nations and quite a number had backed out from war in few years after knowing our U conned them into thee bad/illegal war and most of nations are not on front line in the war but in supporting roles only for the US , provided U with logistic, medical, and Administrative. The main US coalitions force all on main front line , a majority fighting force thoe our jugheads are Americans , British .

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229179
May 14, 2014
 
number four wrote:

But , this isn't one of those website ...if you're not here to ridicule Atheists or Theists , might I suggest " match.com " ...I'm pretty sure gays are welcomed ..
scaritual wrote:
You'd know.
You say that as if it's a bad thing...

You intolerant homophobe, you.
UiDiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229180
May 14, 2014
 
KiMare wrote:
LOL, priceless!
The debates of 'rational atheist' oxymorons..
Smile.
Even More priceless! Bhahahhhah

A debates from of " Irrational Xtain Fundie Nutcase" Moronic and oxmoronic!

laughing

Note not Atheist not religious!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229181
May 14, 2014
 
UiDiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Our US lied to 34 nations and quite a number had backed out from war in few years after knowing our U conned them into thee bad/illegal war and most of nations are not on front line in the war but in supporting roles only for the US , provided U with logistic, medical, and Administrative. The main US coalitions force all on main front line , a majority fighting force thoe our jugheads are Americans , British .
If you hate the USA, leave.

Go to a country you can be proud of.

We won't miss you.

I promise.
UiDiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229182
May 14, 2014
 
Out of the darkness wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gulf War.
OPEC was geting too greedy. Hurting our economy.
Bush let the gorilla loose.
Bush made OPEC pay for caging the gorilla, at a litle profit, and OPEC got less greedy because the gorilla was still there.
Our economy picked up again because of cheaper oil and Clinton claims the credit.
Yo u Wrong wrong WRONG!

This will tickle our AMerican Fantasy The reality are... Bhahahaha Most of us AMericans Are Clueless, as one of our American Political Commenter Bill MAher correct in his assumption , pronouncing as Most American are dumb and really ignorant about US and no not much about the world, he is correct! PAradoxically ironic to see most of our Americans still a sleep walking sheeoples Zombies! to laugh or cry? You know me! BAhahahahahaaa

A Century of War
Anglo-American Oil Politics and the New World Order
by William Engdahl
Pluto Press, 2004, paperback (original edition 1992), p155

Who really controlled OPEC? Only the politically naive could believe that Arab countries would suddenly be allowed to exercise independence on issues of such importance to British and American interests. Had they really regarded the oil shock as a life-threatening matter, Washington could have found numerous ways in which to restore a reasonable OPEC oil price. They wanted the high oil price and they wanted OPEC to take the blame for it.

===
Ron Paul MD (R-TX) & an economist of the free market Austrian school
US Paper Money and Iran's Oil Bourse,

" Western "Elite money managers, with especially strong support from U.S. authorities, struck an agreement with OPEC to price oil in U.S. dollars exclusively for all worldwide transactions. This gave the dollar a special place among world currencies and in essence "backed" the dollar with oil. In return, the U.S. promised to protect the various oil-rich kingdoms in the Persian Gulf against threat of invasion or domestic coup. This arrangement helped ignite the radical Islamic movement among those who resented our influence in the region. The arrangement gave the dollar artificial strength, with tremendous financial benefits for the United States

===
Web of Debt
by Ellen Hodgson Brown, 2007, paperback, p207
"
The price of oil suddenly quadrupled in 1974. That highly suspicious rise occurred soon after an oil deal was engineered by U.S. interests with the royal family of Saudia Arabia, the largest oil producer in OPEC (the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries). The deal was evidently brokered by U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger. It involved an agreement by OPEC to sell oil only for dollars in return for a secret U.S. agreement to arm Saudi Arabia and keep the House of Saud in power. The U.S. dollar, which had formerly been backed by gold, was now "backed" by oil.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min flack 1,082,446
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 305,163
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin For Life 26,705
loan offer with low interest 11 hr Pastor james 1
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Sun engd 2
herbal cure for HIV aids and cancer contact san... (Jun '13) Jul 26 Towolawi abdullahi 21
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 24 jessirinneyswift 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••