Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255176 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229326 May 16, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was some thousand years ago a very common Name. Besides Jesus was of course just human nothing else. There was never ever any god at all. That is the real truth. All religions are lies, fakes or even crimes. The RCC is the biggest Christian criminal Organisation for almost 2000 years.
..the Biblical story of Jesus ..proves nobody made it up ..

The first to believe he rose a woman ...What..?

They (apostles ) didn't believe He would be resurrected ..

They did not recognize Him ..

He still had His wounds ..

He floats up into Heaven ...according to just one sentence ..( this should have been a pretty big deal )

The sea change , Apostles went from frightened ...to converting ( A LOT OF CONVERTING )

The lack of detail ....is astounding ...Usually when men lie , they tend to include details ..

Yes , Jesus is risen ...

Las Vegas, NV

#229327 May 16, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Radiation and is destryoing our planet. It is a slow death but a certain death for humanity. Three miles,Tschernobyl and Fukushima for the moment also natural destructive elements ( Volcanoes and so on) are adding additionally to the destruction of our earth.
..I hate you chicken little's ...when, "Dave Nelson" comes back ....I'm gonna ask him to kick your ass ..

The SUN IS RADIOACTIVE ....It beats on us all f**king day ...We were created ( or evolved ) under it ...

Radiation is necessary and beneficial for our development ..stop ,being a little girl ..!!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#229328 May 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Can I ask you "Aura Mytha" ..do you expect we will find life on Io ( a Jupiter Moon )...?
I won't hold you to your opinion ...just want to ask ..
..." I don't know ":...Is an acceptable answer ..
More " importantly " ...What are you wearing ..?
When we talk about finding life anywhere else, I can only say I hope it will be found.
I don't cherish the idea of being alone in the universe, even if I cherish being alone with my privacy. The thought of life not existing anywhere else in this vast universe is not only unthinkable, it's chilling as hell. But if we do find no life out there, it will become our job to put it out there, and the universe will become alive with the seeds we spread.

As far as finding life on Io or Europa I can only say there is a high potential of it being found.
Do I expect to find it? No but we don't expect to pennies on the ground on heads either , but there is a pretty good chance we will. But the search doesn't end at Io or Europa , it has really just begun. As to what I'm wearing, that's a strange question to ask in a evolution forum.
Besides my skin you will find me dressed in cotton blends and classic harness boots.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#229329 May 17, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t know because there are many idol Gods. Some made of mortar, wood, brass or gold. Then some others worship animals, nature, and others.
But there’s only one True God, the Great “I AM.”
The King of Kings, God of all Gods, the Alpha and Omega.
It is the One True God that is my God.
Alpha and Omega.

Do you worship Greek gods?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#229330 May 17, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t know because there are many idol Gods. Some made of mortar, wood, brass or gold. Then some others worship animals, nature, and others.
But there’s only one True God, the Great “I AM.”
The King of Kings, God of all Gods, the Alpha and Omega.
It is the One True God that is my God.
The problem is, there is no more proof that your particular god is real - let alone the one true god - than there is for all the others.

Las Vegas, NV

#229331 May 17, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Alpha and Omega.
Do you worship Greek gods?
..Phffiit..I don't worship their pantheon ..I worship the alphabet ..!

Las Vegas, NV

#229332 May 17, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
When we talk about finding life anywhere else, I can only say I hope it will be found.
I don't cherish the idea of being alone in the universe, even if I cherish being alone with my privacy. The thought of life not existing anywhere else in this vast universe is not only unthinkable, it's chilling as hell. But if we do find no life out there, it will become our job to put it out there, and the universe will become alive with the seeds we spread.
As far as finding life on Io or Europa I can only say there is a high potential of it being found.
Do I expect to find it? No but we don't expect to pennies on the ground on heads either , but there is a pretty good chance we will. But the search doesn't end at Io or Europa , it has really just begun. As to what I'm wearing, that's a strange question to ask in a evolution forum.
Besides my skin you will find me dressed in cotton blends and classic harness boots.
Whoa ...pump the brakes ! I don't care how awesome you think you are in your cotton blends and harness boots ..I never , insinuated that I expected "you" to discover life on Jupiter's Moons ...I was more inclined to believe , it'd be found by NASA exploratory probe ...

( thank-you for correcting my solecism ...it's Europa , that may prove to have liquid water .)

Well , you're a brave young woman ...As, I don't really believe an extraterrestrial civilization would take kindly towards us ...I don't really relish the thought of being being someone's slave or main course ..

Las Vegas, NV

#229333 May 17, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is, there is no more proof that your particular god is real - let alone the one true god - than there is for all the others.
Yeah , except for the faith of the Jews ..here's a religion almost as old as Hinduism and it remains pretty much unchanged ...

that's quite unprecedented ..for, an ideology you believe was ' made-up '.

Las Vegas, NV

#229334 May 17, 2014
UidiotRaceMakeWorldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>No by dirty blood money will by me , not for million years! But i see you would take the blood money, am i correct scyhophant?
Sorry weirdo , President Obama tried your tact , and the global community kicked him in the teeth ...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#229335 May 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah , except for the faith of the Jews ..here's a religion almost as old as Hinduism and it remains pretty much unchanged ...
that's quite unprecedented ..for, an ideology you believe was ' made-up '.
You do understand that faith is pretty much the opposite of proof, right?

Las Vegas, NV

#229336 May 17, 2014
by = buy!
bye

Las Vegas, NV

#229337 May 17, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Crisis WHAT crisis,
I worked saved my money and now I'm financialy independent,doing whatever I like..
unlike you Lazy loosers who blame everyone else for your problems!
...yeah , the financial and housing crisis ....didn't really touch the Great White North ...but, down here in your oil crazy neighbor ...we , kinda took it in the butt ..

Are you ( gasp )....insinuating , that it's not the Jews fault ..?!

Las Vegas, NV

#229338 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>Wrong , then Why 90 % of my Americans want no more overseas wars AND WORLD despise you US mercenaries/war mongers!
! You the corrupted US mercenaries/Neocons/Nazis/zion sts and you minions lowly Authoritarians/right Wing Xtain fundies and supprters... are REAL threat to World Peace, as you US war mongers/mercenaries the real Anti-Americans/immigrants . Anti-World, Anti-peace, Anti-US constitutions, Anti-Civil Liberty, Anti-Law,..
Then Why International War Crimes Tribunal had tried Bush & co , Blair and Co, for war crimes Against humanity, you next , sooner or later you us War mongers will be tried for War crimes , You will see light and justice ! One for Humanity! BAhahahahaa
90% of American , probably want American forces pulling out the intestines of western Africans boko haram ..50% probably want us to be doing the same thing in eastern Ukraine ...

The world doesn't hate American military forces ..the world hates the tripe that comes out of Hollywood and Capital records ...

The International war crimes tribunal is just an anti-semitic ploy , to destroy Israel ...

Until they indict North Korea , China , Saudi Arabia or Russia ...I don't believe a f**king word they say ..

Since you're so anally fixated ...Why, don't you shove that up your gaping man pussy ..

Las Vegas, NV

#229339 May 17, 2014
UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>LOL ! Our Western news /media is of the Corporatist-type , what trust... no one you so easily brainwashed ! You way more naive , China and Russia just protecting the it seas from instabilty and as our militaristic US neo-imperailist wants to grab piece of Pie and China, Russia... is in the way! More like you all 3 sixes on u fore head , and you lowly Authoritarians do have 666 on your Foreheads! BAhahahaaa
Good heavens , you're defending Sino and Russian aggression ..

You're exactly like a Nazi ..( if they were , gay and fat .)

Las Vegas, NV

#229340 May 17, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny what one comes up with when he is cornered.
I suppose the Founding Fathers were firm believers in God because they were Muslims, and not Christians.
You have also not refuted my proof that America is a Christian nation.
Here is proof that Christianity is in the US constitution.
https://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.as...
damn your eyes ....I hate it , when you people scuttle my argument , with your so called "facts"..!

Las Vegas, NV

#229341 May 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be a lair.
You're just a number....
..I tried to make a case , for my dignity .

And " Riverside" is quick to stomp it down ; he says " Phhifft , you're just a number ."

You're really funny "RR" and , you're not even Jewish ..

Las Vegas, NV

#229342 May 17, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand that faith is pretty much the opposite of proof, right?
Oh , indubitably ....If , that were not the case . How could the Bible ascertain that God gives us freewill ...?

Las Vegas, NV

#229343 May 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Good heavens , you're defending Sino and Russian aggression ..
You're exactly like a Nazi ..( if they were , gay and fat .)
..sorry , gay and fat posters ,

( I'm looking at you "Just Think" and "Aerobatty"..)

Las Vegas, NV

#229345 May 17, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an old man, but for 70theen years I am an atheist and I am satisfied for this all These years.
70 huh..do you still cal the T.V. a radio ..?

"Henry" religion never held any allure , or were you merely turned off , because of the behavior of the "so called " Christians ..??

and, finally did you vote in support of the European Union ..?

Las Vegas, NV

#229346 May 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Believers overuse their right to accept that which is false.
<quoted text>
I can't really see ,how you can actually believe this ....the absurdity of it ..

To suggest , those that subscribe to religion are willfully deluding themselves ..huh.?

Psychology , would have nailed the coffin shut on religion decades ago , if this were really the case ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Grey Ghost 1,382,093
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 30 min IB DaMann 9,635
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr zef 311,138
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Mon Ceren 39
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun Chosen Traveler 32,265
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sun 01niner 201,860
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) May 15 Idiots 285
More from around the web