Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256125 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Henry

Gotha, Germany

#229270 May 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're WAY off topic here, son! folks like river side red neck may argue that the USA represents the kingdom of God on earth, but no one else who's spiritually minded and who understands the concept of sin would dare do the same!
bottom line: do you want to get saved from eternal damnation? if so, some of us are here to help!:-)
The silliest Thing is that atheist Need anything like god.. Of course atheists have no god and we Need no god at all. We never miss any such myths. Why should we? We are sane People.
Henry

Gotha, Germany

#229271 May 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..easy peasy ...You , DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE , THAT JESUS IS THE SECOND PERSON OF THE TRINITY ...!!!
so , you are a fool ....( not my words )
Jesus was some thousand years ago a very common Name. Besides Jesus was of course just human nothing else. There was never ever any god at all. That is the real truth. All religions are lies, fakes or even crimes. The RCC is the biggest Christian criminal Organisation for almost 2000 years.
Henry

Gotha, Germany

#229272 May 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...that's what I'm talking bout'....Satanists don't work with each other ....but yet , you believe that they do .
Chinese , Japanese , Anglo and Arab ...do not get along ...( triple exclamation point )
The more People are educated the more they abhor any Religion at all.
Henry

Gotha, Germany

#229273 May 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..you're freaky ..!
And , really good at argument .....You, should be a Lawyer .!
I am an old man, but for 70theen years I am an atheist and I am satisfied for this all These years.
Henry

Gotha, Germany

#229274 May 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...that's what I'm talking bout'....Satanists don't work with each other ....but yet , you believe that they do .
Chinese , Japanese , Anglo and Arab ...do not get along ...( triple exclamation point )
No I don`t think believers are dumb, but the circumstansis of their life have made them to believers of some religions. They are people I have to pity.
Henry

Altengottern, Germany

#229275 May 16, 2014
Zhiguli wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah just look at the world, wars, economic crisis, misery. They own you, they control your life and you think you are "free"
Whatever you may say: a god was never. Now we are in the nuclear Age. Any God or devil or any Religion is holding you back from Radiation and is destryoing our planet. It is a slow death but a certain death for humanity. Three miles,Tschernobyl and Fukushima for the moment also natural destructive elements ( Volcanoes and so on) are adding additionally to the destruction of our earth.
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#229276 May 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're WAY off topic here, son! folks like river side red neck may argue that the USA represents the kingdom of God on earth, but no one else who's spiritually minded and who understands the concept of sin would dare do the same!
bottom line: do you want to get saved from eternal damnation? if so, some of us are here to help!:-)
You Sound quite funny. No, i don`t not wont to get "saved" from damnation. I rather go to hell (which of course does not exist) than get help any Kind of people like you.
UidiotRaceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#229277 May 16, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, it is not the US or anyone else who is killing people in these countries. They are killing each other, as is typical in most muslim countries, not just the ones you mentioned which are also muslim.
Muslims are also slaughtering each other in Syria, Libya, Egypt, Somalia, Tunisia, Algeria, Pakistan and several others. The US or the West is not intervening in these countries, yet the slaughter goes on continuosly.
If the US and Western Allies did not intervene in Iraq and Afghanistan the slaughter would have been on a much larger scale between each other, as was and still is going on.
I must make it clear though that I am against the US or anyone else intervening in these muslim countries. Let them go on slaughtering each other, it is their culture after all. That's the way they want to live, so let them.
But US is also causing more dissensions further by dividing bothers/nations to wars and siding and bribing and even providing weapons to one side against other. Did you know US is a Militaristic Neo-Imperialist followed a Manifest Destiny / PNAC Agredas only interested in World Raw Resources/ US PetroDollar Word Hegemony... Wake up stupid!

United States

#229278 May 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
let me try and get this straight:
on the one hand, you are pointing out the guilt of your own corrupted human ways, but on the other, you're trying to tell me to forsake my Redeemer who saved me out of it and come join you again?!?!
why on earth would i want to join you in your tyranny and blood shed when you yourself are explaining above how evil and worthy you are of the wrath of God???
You redemeer is a War of God not a For-peace God! You THE ones extreme Right winger /Xtain Fundies are tryranious and have alot blood on you hand! Then Why OVER 90% of our AMericans Want no more wars? YOU ACTUALLY WORSHIP god-of-war , satan, you are minions of Satan ! You have a 666 on your forehead! Begone you minions of Satan, go back to hell hole! Bhahaaaa

United States

#229279 May 16, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Group preparing to press military for atheist chaplain, source says
Published May 13, 2014
FoxNews.com
“In what some might see as an oxymoron, an advocacy group apparently is preparing to ask the Defense Department to appoint a chaplain -- for atheists.”
How strange, Atheist don’t believe in God, but they’re about to ask for an Atheist Chaplain?
What would a Atheist Chaplain do for the troops?
Give hugs? Reassure them when they’re dying there’s no God?
Reassure them there’s no hope for living or dying?
What would they tell a soldier when they find out their spouse or girlfriend has found someone else?“Hey dude, it’s only natural selection, don’t let it bother you. There‘s no such thing as love?”
here is why!
Christians Are Extremists Like al-Qaeda, U.S. Army Taught ...
www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-mora... ...
Apr 08, 2013 ·“It is dishonorable for any U.S. military entity to allow this type of ... The United States and every ... Christian Massacres: A Result of U.S ...

Right-wing terrorist organization worked within US Army ...
www.wsws.org/en/articles/2012/09/fear-s15.htm...
... consciously cultivating Christian fundamentalism in particular. US imperialism ... seeking recruits among US military veterans.... the Left Opposition.

United States

#229280 May 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....Bhahahahahaaa...Bu sh "jr." ..Is the mastermind..?..of the secret society ..
( crap , now I feel sorry for the secret society )
Bhahahahahaaaaa
No where I'd said Bushjr is the MAstermind ..but he only a Puppet leader , more of high-class foot-soldier for those behind heavy viel. Nor B&K is Secret Society but more like Semi_Secret Society. MWBhaAHAHAHAH
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#229281 May 16, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an old man, but for 70theen years I am an atheist and I am satisfied for this all These years.
I’m one that believes in “freedom” and you have exercised your freedom.

If you didn’t have a choice then you would not be free.

From this one freedom citizen to another. If you are content so be it. But I am from the house of David and I serve the God of all Gods, King of Kings, the great “I AM.”

But I’m not just free with choice but I’m also free in my spirit. I’m not bound by the cold darkness of Atheism. My father was an Atheist most of his life.

I witnessed the transformation in his life on his death bed when he realized that Atheism represented hopelessness. And he wanted more than hopelessness. He needed Christ and Christ he did receive.

Ride your Atheism my friend into the ground from which your body will lay after it has expired.

[tipping hat]

United States

#229282 May 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Phffitt...whatever. ..
I'd rather have Americas problems , than the problems of any other country ...
That 's lied from you! Then Why US manifest Destiny and US Interventionist Foreign, Militaristic Neo_imperialist... sure not for our health?
?

United States

#229283 May 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Hell to the yeah ..!
and, they're also going to get their own little country ...( fair is fair )
Yea right more like a US puppet State!

United States

#229285 May 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You need to open up a newspaper , President Obama wanted to work with others for peace and prosperity ..
Arabs started killing they're own people ..
Russia starts it land grabbing ..
China goes all belligerent , and has the gall to claim others waters ..
You're just naive ...again..You're only posting this , because you're just an insignificant little man , who feels better about himself , believing he has the courage to talk truth to power ..Meh..
( and , you're wrong ...I only have two sixes on my forehead ; don't you look stupid now ?)
LOL ! Our Western news /media is of the Corporatist-type , what trust... no one you so easily brainwashed ! You way more naive , China and Russia just protecting the it seas from instabilty and as our militaristic US neo-imperailist wants to grab piece of Pie and China, Russia... is in the way! More like you all 3 sixes on u fore head , and you lowly Authoritarians do have 666 on your Foreheads! BAhahahaaa

United States

#229286 May 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..HEY..!!...In my defense , I was pretty drunk ..
Lair, you sinned in again , know if you such truth Christian, you swear on you Bible , that you did not like But you pretty with all those posts and this only post you drunk! I don'gt believe you, more like you mentally challenged,,,. baahahahaaaa

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#229288 May 16, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too naive to even understand the meaning and purpose of that phrase you quote from the Constitution "free exercise of religion".
It is obvious that it was put there to guarantee the very thing that atheists like you and others here do not want, the free exercise of religion.
There is no place for atheists or atheism in the Constitution, because you all say that atheism is not a religion. Religion is protected in the Constitution, so you can never get rid of religion.
Religion is mentioned, and guaranteed, in the condtitution. Atheism isn't.
That's fine, I'm not atheist. I am however a non believer.
I also think you are free to believe whatever you choose, no matter how ignorant or silly it is.
But don't expect me to not ridicule the inability to rationalize and concur the truth of things.
It is human nature to believe in stupid things, it is by enlightenment that you can rise above the frailty of human nature.

United States

#229289 May 16, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not as stupid as you think, boy, or semi-literate like you.
I never denied any of what you mention in this post. So before you make any judgements read what people are talking about first.
Ohhh Weeee ! Nice of you to go on a Ad Hominem attack!

kNOW now LET see how eduMAcated you are, tell us all more about LeoStraussian Philosophy and Jocabain Precept?

We all waiting if you so educated please answer question i have provide, if you can't you amswer , you really another mentally challenged mendacious obsequious subservient of fool for those fools, you peebrain Grunting jarhead of meatheads, so ignorant ignoramus?

Mwhahahahaa

United States

#229292 May 16, 2014
This for all who are debating about Atheism and religion whether one is protected or not, both are being protected, unless those in power decided to use it as toilet paper or incite wars among each other.. i would say it should look under Auspice as Human rights issue, given to you are freely practice what you want and not use as tool to divide each other to wars among religion, race, creed, class...

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances
'
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldpeace

United States

#229293 May 16, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an even bigger idiot than I thought.
You are obviously laughing at yourself, that's what idiots do.
Go take your pills, boy.
You the world biggest world idiot race ABbabababaa
So you not gonna answer , you mentally challenged, question to complicated for simpleton like you!
Sorry dude i don't pop pills like you do Druggie addicted jarheads! ABbababaaaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Agents of Corruption 1,406,183
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jul 27 IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web