Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#229022 May 11, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave all men of Faraday and Newtons days were religious.
All men or nearly all men before modern geology and the true age of Earth was discovered.
Before the bones of the hominids were found and evolution was prove a reality, believed in the bible and all men sought to verify those things written.
But what we found was modern geology the true age of Earth and evolution , all in conflict to the scriptures. If Faraday lived today,,he wouldn't have the same religious zeal , nor would Newton. They sadly did not have access to the knowledge we do today.
But they were the pioneers to teaching us how to find out the things they did not yet know.
For this they are great men, the great thing about Faraday, is he without an education learned to use the scientific method to discover many things. He used experimentation to come to many foundations of modern physics. Even Einstein admired this, but even Einstein was disappointed in what he discovered about the nature of reality.
You have some smudges on the lens you are observing with. You are getting a false picture. Or you need glasses. Maybe both. Maybe some more light observe by.

Where did they get their education, these men of those times?

I've posted a few times about the church collecting the knowledge of days past, the heathen writings of the greeks, Roman, and even the Middle East and setting up the insitutes of higher learning that brough Europe out of the Dark Ages caused by the fall of the Roman Empire.

Now, you were saying religion stifles science?

Now a scientist can't even quesion global warming or other holy proclamations of the gatekeepers of approved scientific thought.
UidoitRAceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#229023 May 11, 2014
UidoitRAceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>You may never know what they do ,as still in process of investigating all those war criminals who involved in the past decade and UN Sect Gen, & co are not exempt but will be investigated by ICC... Did you The INternational War Crimes Tribunal had tried Bushjr & co , Bllair & co ...for War crimes Against humanity! One for World Humanity! Bhahahahaaa
Did you know The International War Crimes..

United States

#229024 May 11, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
30 years ago my soulmate and love of my life and I were separated by higher powers at work. We lost contact and both went down some really rocky roads. Looked for years for each other without success. Now in the twilight we have reconnected by chance these last few days.
Two little puppets dangling on strings. We got caught up in a cylone for a long time, and it didn't drop us in the land of Oz. There wasn't even a wicked witch to break the fall. We hit the ground hard and were thrown in opposite directions.
The talking was good. To hold one another again would be heaven. Don't even need the memories of our youth. Don't even need to know where each has been.
Just another love story. But a personal one.
You don't know the value of bonding until you had it and lost it.
That sort of bonding is not done "intellectually", or "scientifically". It is done from the soul.
Bonding with other human beings is the desire of all human beings. There is nothing more fulfilling for the human soul except for bonding with that which created us all, and those individual souls.
Never discount that which you can't see, because out of it comes things you would never expect.
Even quantum physics tells you that.:-)
SAD! So you Religion of Fundamentalism divided you and soulmate?. But you find a new lover?

“I want three words:”

Since: Dec 12

"Woman. Atheist. Anarchist."

#229025 May 11, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
30 years ago my soulmate and love of my life and I were separated by higher powers at work. We lost contact and both went down some really rocky roads. Looked for years for each other without success. Now in the twilight we have reconnected by chance these last few days.

Two little puppets dangling on strings. We got caught up in a cylone for a long time, and it didn't drop us in the land of Oz. There wasn't even a wicked witch to break the fall. We hit the ground hard and were thrown in opposite directions.

The talking was good. To hold one another again would be heaven. Don't even need the memories of our youth. Don't even need to know where each has been.

That sort of bonding is not done "intellectually", or "scientifically". It is done from the soul.

Bonding with other human beings is the desire of all human beings. There is nothing more fulfilling for the human soul except for bonding with that which created us all, and those individual souls.

Never discount that which you can't see, because out of it comes things you would never expect.

That's really beautiful.

United States

#229026 May 11, 2014
ADD! I though it was ThermoDydamics that inflamed you soulmate to run from you Fundie ways!

ahahahahahah

Westcliffe, CO

#229027 May 11, 2014
<quoted text>SAD! So you Religion of Fundamentalism divided you and soulmate?. But you find a new lover?
A few actually.

But like you, they were cheap imitations of the real thing.

You really need to take some time off and do some serious training. You are weak as shit. I ain't getting no exercise swatting you.

Westcliffe, CO

#229028 May 11, 2014
What a great day.

Talked to my one true love. Light Sunday exercise swatting atheist intellects, and now the moths are showing up for my cat to play with. They are late this year. She was bored and got fat. Now she is bouncing around like a kitten again swatting at one. She can't type real good, so she couldn't play on here.

:-)

Goodnight people and facsimiles of them.

United States

#229029 May 11, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>See , you give the intelligences services too much credit..
You forget Aldrich Ames and Robert Hanssen ...moles that worked for years with impunity .
How so very very long it took them to find Osama bin Laden
How about Bradley Manning and Eric Snowden , these men were able to pull the pants down on America's much vaulted security apparatus .
Putin's invasion of Crimean ...nobody saw that coming
I think you watch too much television ...!
As to Putin is trying to Push US away because US is to near to borders of Russia.

As to TV rarely watch because of Faux nosie Propaganda , the filth , the Romatic Sex drama, reality BS ,satanic Hollywood Hellwood TV... that you so love the boobtube you make it a god of war! baHAHAHAHAAA

United States

#229030 May 11, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A few actually.
But like you, they were cheap imitations of the real thing.
You really need to take some time off and do some serious training. You are weak as shit. I ain't getting no exercise swatting you.
You like a fly and I have a electronic Fly Swatter !:)-

if you so smart explain to me about Leo Struassian Philosophy, or Myyer-Brigg works... if you can not explain you are are really mentally challenged religious nutty Fundie Fruitcake! ABhahaaaaaaaaaa So? Take the challenge and be a man! A Bhahahaaa
UidiotRaceMAkewo rldPeace

United States

#229031 May 11, 2014
<quoted text>But t majority of people love Chavez, it only those bribed by our US are hated by the people
As to latin America they had never invaded US and is not dangeorus, what os US doing in Latin America is about plunder for Raw resources and this cause instability in the region , Our US covert ops will send Economic Hitmans/jackal and even US military if needed so bring them over to US side but there is alway opposition to US for invading their turf and plundering there raw resources.
ADD! Edward S. Herman
'
There is a system of terroristic states -- the real terror network -- that has spread throughout Latin America and elsewhere over the past several decades, and which is deeply rooted in the corporate interest and sustaining political-military-financial propaganda mechanisms of the United States and its allies in the Free World.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#229032 May 11, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
It's sensory, Dave.

It has nothing to do with souls.

I can smell Mia even when she's not there. If I were blind, I'd still know her touch. I know it when my eyes are closed. I can hear her voice in a crowd, above and below the cacophony.

We're in tune, Dave.

We're in love.
UidiotRaceMAkewo rldPeace

United States

#229034 May 11, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sensory, Dave.
I can smell Mia even when she's not there. If I were blind, I'd still know her touch. I know it when my eyes are closed. I can hear her voice in a crowd, above and below the cacophony.
We're in tune, Dave.
We're in love.
My sister told me i smell like a Peach , i don't know! And you?

Location hidden

#229035 May 11, 2014
UidiotRaceMAkeworldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>My sister told me i smell like a Peach , i don't know! And you?
I don't have a sister.

This one girl in High School told me that she smelled fear when she saw me.

She pointed.

I knew.
UIdiotRaceMakeWo rldpeace

United States

#229036 May 11, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a sister.
This one girl in High School told me that she smelled fear when she saw me.
She pointed.
I knew.
Your Goth style or???
UIdiotRaceMakeWo rldpeace

United States

#229037 May 11, 2014
Penny Lernoux, author and investigative reporter
Cry of the People, p56

"The Americans are killing us" is a cry repeated throughout Latin America, often by once-loyal friends of the United States who were brought up to believe that U.S. democracy is a "shining beacon for the Free World." Between 1950 and 1975 the United States trained 71,651 Latin-American military personnel, including 8 of the region's current dictators, and in addition supplied $2.5 billion worth of armaments.

Location hidden

#229038 May 11, 2014
UIdiotRaceMakeWorldpeace wrote:
<quoted text> Your Goth style or???

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#229039 May 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, of course it's too many. One is too many. But to generalize and criminalize all priests in the world for the acts of very few of them is wrong.
This is something I'll bet that you disagree with...
Great attitude, hope you go out into the world taking this attitude with you. Using it on Mexicans, African Americans, and any other group you come across; may help spread a Christian love.

Lamar, CO

#229040 May 12, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sensory, Dave.
We're in tune, Dave.
We're in love.
You are cute, little one. Sucn an expert at such an early age.

You have plenty of thrills in life ahead of you.

I love you and I can't even smell you.:-)

My DSL is finally going down. This will be my last post. Being on here has been a productive experience.

Kaitlin, I wish you every happiness possible.

Lamar, CO

#229041 May 12, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sensory, Dave.
We're in tune, Dave.
We're in love.
My mistake, this is my last post.

Speaking of tunes, that's real love. Goes past the sensual.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229042 May 12, 2014
<quoted text>But t majority of people love Chavez, it only those bribed by our US are hated by the people
As to latin America they had never invaded US and is not dangeorus, what os US doing in Latin America is about plunder for Raw resources and this cause instability in the region , Our US covert ops will send Economic Hitmans/jackal and even US military if needed so bring them over to US side but there is alway opposition to US for invading their turf and plundering there raw resources.
The poor and less educated do love Chavez ....but, you do know they were bamboozled ..?

I find it fortuitous that your chosen appellation contains the noun " idiot "

Lets go over your world view ..The CIA has manipulated and disarrayed Nations across the globe ...

....Every nation on Earth hates America ...

So , one would surmise that American intelligent services have been manipulating world events .....because....they ' want ' to be hunted down by Mossad , InterPol and FSB ..

Look "UidiotMAKE" .."24" is fiction ..Tom Clancy is fiction ..!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,207,832
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 min RiccardoFire 201,818
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Ali Baba 309,303
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Chosen Traveler 29,302
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 17 hr Lora_14 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mon Earthling-1 4,981
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Mar 26 kareeo 14
More from around the web