Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#228889 May 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop using your computer.
Science is all guesswork.
Hey, Batty Boy, thought this may interest you.

http://tarnsitsandstations.blogspot.com/2014/...

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#228890 May 10, 2014
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>What are you a Vampire! BAhahahahaaaaaa
A lunatic.

lu·na·tic
&#712;lo&#862;on&# 601;&#716;tik/
noun
noun: lunatic; plural noun: lunatics

a mentally ill person (not in technical use).

Raving.

rav·ing
&#712;r&#257;viNG/
noun
noun: raving; plural noun: ravings

wild, irrational, or incoherent talk.

A raving lunatic.
<quoted text>What are you a Vampire! BAhahahahaaaaaa
Taming a raving lunatic.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1941454...

Add suitable drugs.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228891 May 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Thanks for acknowledging the reality of Hell.
i don't acknowledge it but you religious war mongering Xtain Fundies are one going to hell!
Thanks again for acknowledging the reality of Hell.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228892 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You go through great lengths to find obscure news reports ..
You have to admit * Atheism * is a religion , you have an agenda which you work tirelessly to promote .
Antipathy towards God is an illogical but understandable reaction, sadly.

If atheism is true, then nothing should matter to them. There should be no hatred of God, there shouldn't even be a discussion of God. How can they discuss something they claim to not believe in? Why is there so much hostility? If God doesn't exist, why don't the atheists just kick back and have a good time before they become plant food?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228893 May 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Stop using your computer. Science is all guesswork.
Technology is not science.

One of the mistakes many people make in thinking about science is to confuse it with technology. As a result, science often either receives undue credit (for the "miracles of modern science" in one's kitchen) or undue blame (for everything from overly firm tomatoes to nuclear war). In fact, science doesn't make things. Scientists developed the understanding of radiation sufficient for the invention of the microwave oven, but neither making a microwave oven nor using it are science. Scientists are in the business of generating knowledge, whereas engineers are in the business of generating technology.

People doing science often use sophisticated technology, but science doesn't require it. Our ecologist observing natural bird behavior and our geologist examining an outcrop neither use particularly sophisticated technology. In fact, the only technology in common to all science is the notebook in which observations are recorded.

In short, science often leads to technology, and it often uses technology, but it isn't technology, and in fact it can operate quite independently of technology.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228894 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Only ' two ' things , floral and fauna took more than 6 days , Eve wasn't made from a bone .
Lol.

Ok. Sure.:D

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#228895 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You go through great lengths to find obscure news reports ..

You have to admit * Atheism * is a religion , you have an agenda which you work tirelessly to promote .
Didn't look for it at all.

It was on my Facebook page.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#228896 May 10, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Batty Boy, thought this may interest you.

http://tarnsitsandstations.blogspot.com/2014/...
Yeah.

No.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#228897 May 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Antipathy towards God is an illogical but understandable reaction, sadly.

If atheism is true, then nothing should matter to them. There should be no hatred of God, there shouldn't even be a discussion of God. How can they discuss something they claim to not believe in? Why is there so much hostility? If God doesn't exist, why don't the atheists just kick back and have a good time before they become plant food?
Here you go again, only with more words.

We don't argue against god. We argue against the fundies who would force us to live by their belief in god.

Dolt.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#228898 May 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Technology is not science.

One of the mistakes many people make in thinking about science is to confuse it with technology. As a result, science often either receives undue credit (for the "miracles of modern science" in one's kitchen) or undue blame (for everything from overly firm tomatoes to nuclear war). In fact, science doesn't make things. Scientists developed the understanding of radiation sufficient for the invention of the microwave oven, but neither making a microwave oven nor using it are science. Scientists are in the business of generating knowledge, whereas engineers are in the business of generating technology.

People doing science often use sophisticated technology, but science doesn't require it. Our ecologist observing natural bird behavior and our geologist examining an outcrop neither use particularly sophisticated technology. In fact, the only technology in common to all science is the notebook in which observations are recorded.

In short, science often leads to technology, and it often uses technology, but it isn't technology, and in fact it can operate quite independently of technology.
Believe me. There's a lot of science that went into your computer.

Dolt.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#228899 May 10, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A lunatic.
lu·na·tic
noun
Raving.
rav·ing
&#712;r&#257;viNG/
noun
A raving lunatic.
<quoted text>
Taming a raving lunatic.
Add suitable drugs.
Youre PROJECTINg again Bucko

Try higher voltage with those magnets next time..LL
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#228900 May 10, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A lunatic.
lu·na·tic
noun
Raving.
rav·ing
&#712;r&#257;viNG/
noun
A raving lunatic.
<quoted text>
Taming a raving lunatic.
Add suitable drugs.
So you say u "A LUNATIC" , i got to agree! yep its describe yo to a "T" perfect a religious war mongering Xtain Fundie Lunatic that! been causing wars worldwide! How many had you religion killed in name of your Unholy religions worldwide!
You evil and a Bonafid Dave nelson a extreme religious LUnatic of the first degree no comparison to those Athiest !
Bhahaahahahaaa

United States

#228901 May 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Thanks for acknowledging the reality of Hell.
<quoted text>
Thanks again for acknowledging the reality of Hell.
U do know that you have a "666 " on your forehead ! I don't acknowledge hell but your religion does seem to kowtow to hell! BAhahahahaaaa

United States

#228902 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You're making my point for me ...Vietnam was unpopular as Hell , ergo ...America is *not* militaristic .
I point it out first and you accept it!

YEs US is militaristic

Our corrupted US is world Biggest exporters of Weapons./Arms to Dictators,, with over 100,000 Weapons/arms war/defensive Manufacturer , and US military Industrail Complex
ASSling BABY! look our Fascist warrinf US is way worst one on the block compare to many nations, always in perpetual warfares worldwide (covertly or overtley),as US sometimes needs a Boogey man and will invent one and Rile up us American s to believe we need to go to war whether real or with a imaginary enemy- have you ever heard of US war -for-profiteering eneterprises, and the US Manifest Destiny, PNAC agendas, American Exceptionalism ----a US Militaristic neo-imperalist empire , with over 900 plus US military bases all over the world causing dissensions and with the biggest Us naval force spanning 7 seas... and no wonder US is hated worldwide, US taxpayer hard earned money not well spend should had one to fixing up our DecrePIT infrastructures, and education and jobs need fixing, social programs in jeopardy.... Instead we spend trillions plus/year on Military and many wars, Military technology, RD... that don;t benefit society! Wake up stupid! Yu waarmongering baboon! ABhahahahhahahaaa

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228903 May 10, 2014
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>U do know that you have a "666 " on your forehead ! I don't acknowledge hell but your religion does seem to kowtow to hell! BAhahahahaaaa
You don't believe hell exists but you keep telling people they'll go to hell.

Genius.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228904 May 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:

Here you go again, only with more words.
We don't argue against god. We argue against the fundies who would force us to live by their belief in god.
Dolt.
Don't give me that crap. There's been countless times the you Topix Atheists! have said shit like "your god isn't real" or "hell doesn't exist".

You are most definitely arguing against God.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#228905 May 10, 2014
<quoted text>NO! Most Drugs No good for the Body, let Body heal naturally... No wonder you brain on drugs, no wonder you can't think straight... don't tell me you inject yourself with poisons everyday, drink koolaid, pop pills... I don't need drugs to feel good, I prefer physical exercise that give me energy...
I can see that English isn't your first language.

I think you've done such a good job getting this thread off track that you should go to another one a lot of these people hang out on, "Prove there's a god".

Link: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Do your magic, lol!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228906 May 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>How did the Bible get so much about creation right then?
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You meant "so much wrong", right?
You've ran like a sissy from a reasoned rebuttal.

Smile.

United States

#228907 May 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe hell exists but you keep telling people they'll go to hell.
Genius.
But you unholy xtain cult do! You have 666 on your forehead!

Bhahahahaaa

United States

#228908 May 10, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see that English isn't your first language.
I think you've done such a good job getting this thread off track that you should go to another one a lot of these people hang out on, "Prove there's a god".
Link: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Do your magic, lol!
U english not that good either! i been there and i will go anywhere on topix! So BUTT out! Bahahaahahah Else you get my Wrath! Babababababaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Bluestater 1,224,051
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr tom wingo 29,725
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr Pearl Jam 309,755
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web