Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#228874 May 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop using your computer.
Science is all guesswork.
You are confusing "science" with technology.

But you do confuse easily.

Technology is applied "science". Your idea of "science" is theoretical.

Technology started long before modern "science". Like weaving branches into a shelter.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#228875 May 10, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
4 point and some drugs is the tried and true way to handle people in your present state of mind.
We don't have to do anything but wait for your local authorities to become aware of and deal with you once you get out among the general public.
I DON'T DO DRUGS! TAKE YOU BS AND SHOVE UP YOUR ...

But out of your conscience you spew out about Drugs, you probably do Drugs Dave !

Boys and GirlS DON"T Follow DAVE advises, DON'T DO DRUGS!

United States

#228876 May 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for acknowledging the reality of Hell.
i don't acknowledge it but you religious war mongering Xtain Fundies are one going to hell! Did you know you have a 666 on your forehead!

Bahahhahahahaaaa

Westcliffe, CO

#228878 May 10, 2014
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I DON'T DO DRUGS! TAKE YOU BS AND SHOVE UP YOUR ...
But out of your conscience you spew out about Drugs, you probably do Drugs Dave !
Boys and GirlS DON"T Follow DAVE advises, DON'T DO DRUGS!
Those drugs will make you feel better.

They just have to have you sit real still for a while while you take them.

Seen it happen a few times. Kind of a magic science thingy.

You come in as a raging lion and then you get all peaceful like. Usually doesn't take more than a day or two.

United States

#228879 May 10, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Those drugs will make you feel better.
They just have to have you sit real still for a while while you take them.
Seen it happen a few times. Kind of a magic science thingy.
You come in as a raging lion and then you get all peaceful like. Usually doesn't take more than a day or two.
NO! Most Drugs No good for the Body, let Body heal naturally... No wonder you brain on drugs, no wonder you can't think straight... don't tell me you inject yourself with poisons everyday, drink koolaid, pop pills... I don't need drugs to feel good, I prefer physical exercise that give me energy...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#228880 May 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You meant "so much wrong", right?
Only ' two ' things , floral and fauna took more than 6 days , Eve wasn't made from a bone .

Westcliffe, CO

#228881 May 10, 2014
<quoted text>NO! Most Drugs No good for the Body, let Body heal naturally... No wonder you brain on drugs, no wonder you can't think straight... don't tell me you inject yourself with poisons everyday, drink koolaid, pop pills... I don't need drugs to feel good, I prefer physical exercise that give me energy...
I bet you are scared of giving blood and blood tests. Right?

Las Vegas, NV

#228882 May 10, 2014
EdSed wrote:
http://paulbraterman.wordpress .com/2014/02/22/how-not-to-def end-evolution-with-friends-lik e-these-who-needs-enemies/
Religion = superstition
It's divisive and nothing but trouble.
First off , if it were just superstition it wouldn't incite freethinkers into such apoplectic fits of rage ...

# 2 .We know what happens when the State outlaws freedom of conscience ..

United States

#228883 May 10, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you are scared of giving blood and blood tests. Right?
What are you a Vampire! BAhahahahaaaaaa

Las Vegas, NV

#228884 May 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Bad news for believers:
http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/04/18/j...
Sounds like the Vatican is taking one more step towards reality.
You go through great lengths to find obscure news reports ..

You have to admit * Atheism * is a religion , you have an agenda which you work tirelessly to promote .

Las Vegas, NV

#228885 May 10, 2014
UidiotRAceMakeworldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>, there be less misery in the world like Africa...as many in third world arestarving , and extreme poverty runs rampant due to our greedy western nations plundering their raw resources, talents......
..The problems with Africa have nothing to do with the West ...It's their rampant corruption and inhumanity towards one another ..We can't make them love each other ..!

Las Vegas, NV

#228886 May 10, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you're not! Most gay men are highly intelligent.
...oooh...burn..!

Las Vegas, NV

#228888 May 10, 2014
UidiotRAceMakeworldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess You McCarthism Paranioa had reared it ugly head again ! Look Those in corrupted power that you kowtow needed to manufacture a boogeyman that is Communism..., so can incite ignorant public jingoist pride and manipulate American public opinion to support and illegal wars overseas like sending troops into Vietnam ! And When the our Americans Found out what our US militarist imperailism were doing in Vietnam, Ameircan Protested to end the war in Vietnam! Know about Honio Jane! U lost the again to American Public who destested with US govt militarism! BAhahahahhaaa
You're making my point for me ...Vietnam was unpopular as Hell , ergo ...America is *not* militaristic .

Westcliffe, CO

#228889 May 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop using your computer.
Science is all guesswork.
Hey, Batty Boy, thought this may interest you.

http://tarnsitsandstations.blogspot.com/2014/...

Westcliffe, CO

#228890 May 10, 2014
<quoted text>What are you a Vampire! BAhahahahaaaaaa
A lunatic.

lu·na·tic
&#712;lo&#862;on&# 601;&#716;tik/
noun
noun: lunatic; plural noun: lunatics

a mentally ill person (not in technical use).

Raving.

rav·ing
&#712;r&#257;viNG/
noun
noun: raving; plural noun: ravings

wild, irrational, or incoherent talk.

A raving lunatic.
<quoted text>What are you a Vampire! BAhahahahaaaaaa
Taming a raving lunatic.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1941454...

Add suitable drugs.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228891 May 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Thanks for acknowledging the reality of Hell.
i don't acknowledge it but you religious war mongering Xtain Fundies are one going to hell!
Thanks again for acknowledging the reality of Hell.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228892 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You go through great lengths to find obscure news reports ..
You have to admit * Atheism * is a religion , you have an agenda which you work tirelessly to promote .
Antipathy towards God is an illogical but understandable reaction, sadly.

If atheism is true, then nothing should matter to them. There should be no hatred of God, there shouldn't even be a discussion of God. How can they discuss something they claim to not believe in? Why is there so much hostility? If God doesn't exist, why don't the atheists just kick back and have a good time before they become plant food?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228893 May 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Stop using your computer. Science is all guesswork.
Technology is not science.

One of the mistakes many people make in thinking about science is to confuse it with technology. As a result, science often either receives undue credit (for the "miracles of modern science" in one's kitchen) or undue blame (for everything from overly firm tomatoes to nuclear war). In fact, science doesn't make things. Scientists developed the understanding of radiation sufficient for the invention of the microwave oven, but neither making a microwave oven nor using it are science. Scientists are in the business of generating knowledge, whereas engineers are in the business of generating technology.

People doing science often use sophisticated technology, but science doesn't require it. Our ecologist observing natural bird behavior and our geologist examining an outcrop neither use particularly sophisticated technology. In fact, the only technology in common to all science is the notebook in which observations are recorded.

In short, science often leads to technology, and it often uses technology, but it isn't technology, and in fact it can operate quite independently of technology.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228894 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Only ' two ' things , floral and fauna took more than 6 days , Eve wasn't made from a bone .
Lol.

Ok. Sure.:D

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228895 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You go through great lengths to find obscure news reports ..

Didn't look for it at all.

It was on my Facebook page.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,207,329
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min jimi-yank 309,290
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 min Brew In 29,292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr RiccardoFire 201,798
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 8 hr Earthling-1 4,981
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Mar 26 kareeo 14
The night Adolph Rupp met Johnny Green Mar 18 alexreese447 1
More from around the web