Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258038 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229006 May 11, 2014
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
Howard Zinn - US historian
The United States has consistently opposed the, creation of an international war crimes tribunal because it could be used against people in the U.S. government and military. They are very explicit about it. In effect, the government is saying, "Yes, we have people who could be accused of having committed war crimes." The United States wants to find other people who have committed war crimes, but an American by definition cannot commit a war crime.
First off this tribunal's ..sole reason for existence will be to punish Israel ...and, I apologize for offending ' you ' but Antisemitism is not something I can rally behind ...!

Sometimes the United States makes necessary decisions ...and , to hold the President responsible for loss of life ...Ludicrous ..!!

okay , there are so many abuses committed by U.N. forces ....Are you calling for the arrest of the U.N. Secretary General ....?
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#229008 May 11, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your annotations reveal what’s in your heart and it is you Sir that’s stricken with lasciviousness.[tipping hat]
Pssst! I took proverbs randomly out of a Internet Bible! Sorry i'm no Bible Thumper! Bhahahhaaa

Since: Sep 08

Ordway, CO

#229009 May 11, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Hey Dave.
Michael Faraday on Cosmos tonight.
Maybe you can tell us all everything that he got wrong.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe Michael Faraday existed , you analytical mind types invented him to control the population and line your pockets with silver ...
I have posted about Micahel Faraday being the father of modern physics and a very devout Christian several times on here. In fact he was of a very fundamental sect that has since gone extinct.

Every bit of modern physics is based upon his research of EM.

Topix atheists like to make a lot of noise about religion stifling science. It was a devout theist that created the science they worship now.

Done told these folks dozens of time.

Jesus won. This world is Christianized.

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#229010 May 11, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know?
That is just materialist thinking.
Many atheists believe that consciousness continues after death.
Some scientists have even proved it and believe in it.
It has also been proven many times in hospitals on operating tables when the heart and all body functions have stopped working momentarily and the patient revived through artificial means afterwards, that the patient recalled seeing himself and all that was going on during that time.
I suggest you do some research about this.
Oh I have, it's pretty conclusive. Including the study where a picture was placed above patients
in OR in several hospitals, in a place they could only see it if they were having an actual OOBE .Not once was it verified, what it was in any instance.
Neuroscience also can explain the tunnel of light and the NDE as conditions of a dying brain. I'm sorry , there just is no evidence consciousness exists anywhere but within the living tissues of your brain and CNS.

I know you hope and wish there were a spirit, but there is no evidence of one. There does exist the possibility that we will one day be able to capture
all that is in your brain and preserve it electronically. But the idea that consciousness can exist outside the body is only wishful thinking at this point. There does exist the possibility that things like telepathy or precognition maybe possible. But even these are far too inconclusive to say they are possible, we can only say it appears it may be possible.
Which would mean that there is a few things about consciousness left to be unraveled.
But the key to understanding consciousness is that it is a trait and ability of living organisms.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#229011 May 11, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Aerobatty wrote:
Hey Dave.

I have posted about Micahel Faraday being the father of modern physics and a very devout Christian several times on here. In fact he was of a very fundamental sect that has since gone extinct.

Topix atheists like to make a lot of noise about religion stifling science. It was a devout theist that created the science they worship now.

Yeah.

The show even said that he was a devout Christian.

What it failed to mention was how much that influenced his research.

I wonder why?
UidoitRAceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#229012 May 11, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...The biggest problem with American military interventions worldwide ...IS YOUR STUPID WHITE GUILT ....!!
I'm sorry , Americans we intercede just enough to be punitive , hoping that they will get the message and back-off . But, no this gives them the gumption " We were attacked by the most power army in the Universe , and we're still capable of retaliating ! "
And , so they do ...and we then kick it up a notch ....this only prolongs the conflict ..and..the suffering ..
White America " you " are not responsible for the suffering of the poor and subjected of the World ...In our next military intervention ....BRING A F**KING HAMMER ...!!
What the h3ll! As to American White Guilt, give me a break! LOOK you empathy less, heartless , cold-hearted , soulless and you are another IGNORANT GRUNTING PINHEAD, you mentally challenged as many civilians and soldiers died on both sides because of bad/illegal US Military Interventions without congressional approval. Then why don't those F! old mans in power go themselves and sent their elite children in harms way ? As most Soldiers are pawns and being used in protecting elites coffers of riches and to plunder of Raw resources called Black gold..., and to protecting there dirty bloody wealth at expenses of Americans ignorance and world is being bully by our US militarism neo-imperialist intervention agendas!. Wake up all! Ignorance is bliss for you!

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#229013 May 11, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
Hey Dave.
<quoted text>
Dave all men of Faraday and Newtons days were religious.
All men or nearly all men before modern geology and the true age of Earth was discovered.
Before the bones of the hominids were found and evolution was prove a reality, believed in the bible and all men sought to verify those things written.
But what we found was modern geology the true age of Earth and evolution , all in conflict to the scriptures. If Faraday lived today,,he wouldn't have the same religious zeal , nor would Newton. They sadly did not have access to the knowledge we do today.
But they were the pioneers to teaching us how to find out the things they did not yet know.
For this they are great men, the great thing about Faraday, is he without an education learned to use the scientific method to discover many things. He used experimentation to come to many foundations of modern physics. Even Einstein admired this, but even Einstein was disappointed in what he discovered about the nature of reality.

Ordway, CO

#229014 May 11, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
The show even said that he was a devout Christian.
What it failed to mention was how much that influenced his research.
I wonder why?
Keep wondering. Helps exercise the brain.

United States

#229015 May 11, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>First off this tribunal's ..sole reason for existence will be to punish Israel ...and, I apologize for offending ' you ' but Antisemitism is not something I can rally behind ...!
Sometimes the United States makes necessary decisions ...and , to hold the President responsible for loss of life ...Ludicrous ..!!
okay , there are so many abuses committed by U.N. forces ....Are you calling for the arrest of the U.N. Secretary General ....?
Excuse me! Look even some of Jews want to run far away not thing to do with brothe rwarrig Zionist Jews And, It not about Anti-semitism it more about warring Idealogy called Zionist that been causing dissension among brothers! i'm not Anti-semite but it is the Idealogy like Zionist is what causing most of conflict in US and in the Middle East. u so undereducated and biased, ignorant on how world works ,
Did you know quite a number of Palestinians and Jews collobarate and tooked to street to protes for peace between two nations along the border and Why our US/ISreal mass media Blackout this Protest for peace?
Know about AIPAC commitee and it power on the US leaders!
Wake up stupid, you War supporters are the ones causing these problems by supporting the corrupted in power! get a brain you grunter pinhead the ignorant brainwashed by corporatist/govt control impact controls on you feebleminded Zombie-liked brain! Wake up stupids! Do the research instead depending on US faux media ! Damn can not believe ignorance ! Bahhahahaaaa
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#229016 May 11, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know?
That is just materialist thinking.
Many atheists believe that consciousness continues after death.
Some scientists have even proved it and believe in it.
It has also been proven many times in hospitals on operating tables when the heart and all body functions have stopped working momentarily and the patient revived through artificial means afterwards, that the patient recalled seeing himself and all that was going on during that time.
I suggest you do some research about this.
Stop lying
No one ever proved that consciousness lives on after Death..

United States

#229018 May 11, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Hugo Chavez had a net worth of 2 billion dollars , at his death ...While , Venezuela has steadily been swirling down the tubes ..
I seriously doubt with or without American covert operations , Latin America would not still remain a volatile and dangerous continent ...
But t majority of people love Chavez, it only those bribed by our US are hated by the people

As to latin America they had never invaded US and is not dangeorus, what os US doing in Latin America is about plunder for Raw resources and this cause instability in the region , Our US covert ops will send Economic Hitmans/jackal and even US military if needed so bring them over to US side but there is alway opposition to US for invading their turf and plundering there raw resources.

Since: Sep 10

Gilbert, AZ

#229019 May 11, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
All men or nearly all men before modern geology and the true age of Earth was discovered.
Before the bones of the hominids were found and evolution was prove a reality, believed in the bible and all men sought to verify those things written.
But what we found was modern geology the true age of Earth and evolution , all in conflict to the scriptures. If Faraday lived today,,he wouldn't have the same religious zeal , nor would Newton. They sadly did not have access to the knowledge we do today.
But they were the pioneers to teaching us how to find out the things they did not yet know.
For this they are great men, the great thing about Faraday, is he without an education learned to use the scientific method to discover many things. He used experimentation to come to many foundations of modern physics. Even Einstein admired this, but even Einstein was disappointed in what he discovered about the nature of reality.
Excellent post, Aura.

How even the most ignorant fundies (read: the Redneck) not see it?

United States

#229020 May 11, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>First off this tribunal's ..sole reason for existence will be to punish Israel ...and, I apologize for offending ' you ' but Antisemitism is not something I can rally behind ...!
You may never know what they do ,as still in process of investigating all those war criminals who involved in the past decade and UN Sect Gen, & co are not exempt but wll be investigated by ICC... Did you The INternational War Crimes Tribunal had tried Bushjr & co , Bllair & co ...for War crimes Against humanity! One for World Humanity! Bhahahahaaa

Ordway, CO

#229021 May 11, 2014
30 years ago my soulmate and love of my life and I were separated by higher powers at work. We lost contact and both went down some really rocky roads. Looked for years for each other without success. Now in the twilight we have reconnected by chance these last few days.

Two little puppets dangling on strings. We got caught up in a cylone for a long time, and it didn't drop us in the land of Oz. There wasn't even a wicked witch to break the fall. We hit the ground hard and were thrown in opposite directions.

The talking was good. To hold one another again would be heaven. Don't even need the memories of our youth. Don't even need to know where each has been.

Just another love story. But a personal one.

You don't know the value of bonding until you had it and lost it.

That sort of bonding is not done "intellectually", or "scientifically". It is done from the soul.

Bonding with other human beings is the desire of all human beings. There is nothing more fulfilling for the human soul except for bonding with that which created us all, and those individual souls.

Never discount that which you can't see, because out of it comes things you would never expect.

Even quantum physics tells you that.:-)

Ordway, CO

#229022 May 11, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You have some smudges on the lens you are observing with. You are getting a false picture. Or you need glasses. Maybe both. Maybe some more light observe by.

Where did they get their education, these men of those times?

I've posted a few times about the church collecting the knowledge of days past, the heathen writings of the greeks, Roman, and even the Middle East and setting up the insitutes of higher learning that brough Europe out of the Dark Ages caused by the fall of the Roman Empire.

Now, you were saying religion stifles science?

Now a scientist can't even quesion global warming or other holy proclamations of the gatekeepers of approved scientific thought.

United States

#229023 May 11, 2014
UidoitRAceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>You may never know what they do ,as still in process of investigating all those war criminals who involved in the past decade and UN Sect Gen, & co are not exempt but will be investigated by ICC... Did you The INternational War Crimes Tribunal had tried Bushjr & co , Bllair & co ...for War crimes Against humanity! One for World Humanity! Bhahahahaaa
Did you know The International War Crimes..

United States

#229024 May 11, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
30 years ago my soulmate and love of my life and I were separated by higher powers at work. We lost contact and both went down some really rocky roads. Looked for years for each other without success. Now in the twilight we have reconnected by chance these last few days.
Two little puppets dangling on strings. We got caught up in a cylone for a long time, and it didn't drop us in the land of Oz. There wasn't even a wicked witch to break the fall. We hit the ground hard and were thrown in opposite directions.
The talking was good. To hold one another again would be heaven. Don't even need the memories of our youth. Don't even need to know where each has been.
That sort of bonding is not done "intellectually", or "scientifically". It is done from the soul.
Bonding with other human beings is the desire of all human beings. There is nothing more fulfilling for the human soul except for bonding with that which created us all, and those individual souls.
Never discount that which you can't see, because out of it comes things you would never expect.
SAD! So you Religion of Fundamentalism divided you and soulmate?. But you find a new lover?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229025 May 11, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:

That's really beautiful.

United States

#229026 May 11, 2014
ADD! I though it was ThermoDydamics that inflamed you soulmate to run from you Fundie ways!

ahahahahahah

Ordway, CO

#229027 May 11, 2014
UidoitRAceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>SAD! So you Religion of Fundamentalism divided you and soulmate?. But you find a new lover?
A few actually.

But like you, they were cheap imitations of the real thing.

You really need to take some time off and do some serious training. You are weak as shit. I ain't getting no exercise swatting you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min TRUMP WINNERS 1,457,545
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 min Lavar Ball 32,588
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 5 hr Go Blue Forever 57
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Thu 3 Cats 312,661
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,372
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Nov 20 Sandra Tillman 16
More from around the web