Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244820 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#228545 May 7, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_the_US_run...
It really isn't "safer". Fire hazardwise it is more dangerous because of the higher current usually carried. Dramatic increase in sparking on bad connections or switching heavy loads on and off. Higher current equals higher temps. Your insulation, wire size, and conduit has to be designed for higher temp ratings. Overall it is much more expensive.
Your circuit breakers are double of what a 240v will be. Wires get much hotter before the breaker blows. This is why you have thicker wire required for a 30 amp load than a 15 amp load. A dead short can melt the thinner wire. Then you have melted copper near 1800 degrees F in your walls or conduit.
You won't notice much difference being zapped by 120 or 240 AC. It is the path the current flows in your body tht kills or doesn't. If your heart is in the path they are both going to interrupt it. This is why you put your left hand in your pocket when digging around in high voltage circuitry.
Now, pulsing DC at those voltages will bite the living shit out of you.
You are stupid Dave , everyone knows 240 will kill you.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#228546 May 7, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
120 can be seen as more dangerous because it's just enough voltage to lock your grip onto a conductor, should you be unfortunate enough to grab one. 240 will blow you off it.
You have it wrong 240 will stick to you, that's why it's more dangerous.
It has more amps so electrical pressure is more likely to go from hand to hand, and across your chest, therefore through your heart. Which it what will kill you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228547 May 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You have it wrong 240 will stick to you, that's why it's more dangerous.
It has more amps so electrical pressure is more likely to go from hand to hand, and across your chest, therefore through your heart. Which it what will kill you.
That's only if you touch both hot wires. In a 240 system, the amps are split in two, so they *can* be safer than a 120 system.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#228548 May 7, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's only if you touch both hot wires. In a 240 system, the amps are split in two, so they *can* be safer than a 120 system.
Nope it's if you are grounded.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#228549 May 7, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How can being zapped by 120 of 240 be safer than being zapped by 120 of 120? do fuss

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#228550 May 7, 2014
sigh..

Milliamps can stop your heart. Electrocution has more to do with frequency than amps or voltage. The interruption of the heartbeat. I will say there is a basic misunderstanding and lack of knowledge of electricity being displayed in the above posts.

Westcliffe, CO

#228552 May 7, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
sigh..
Milliamps can stop your heart. Electrocution has more to do with frequency than amps or voltage. The interruption of the heartbeat. I will say there is a basic misunderstanding and lack of knowledge of electricity being displayed in the above posts.
BTW, that is the real Dave Nelson as of yesterday. Got a haircut.

I'm tired of monkeying around.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#228553 May 7, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
sigh..
You might fool some little school girls with that bullshit , but there isn't no misunderstanding when we say 240 volts will kill you. I know it came as a shock to you.

Westcliffe, CO

#228554 May 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You might fool some little school girls with that bullshit , but there isn't no misunderstanding when we say 240 volts will kill you. I know it came as a shock to you.
240 "can" kill you.

It "will" kill you if the connections are right.

I've had 600 volts pass hand to hand, and all points between, including teeth and brain pass through me.

Get an education.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#228555 May 7, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
240 "can" kill you.
I've had 600 volts pass hand to hand, and all points between, including teeth and brain pass through me.
Get an education.
No wonder you're such a doofus christard. I asked you before what massive head injury and brain trauma you suffered from, now we know!
You nearly electrocuted yourself with 600 volts, that explains all your retarded bs in topix!

Westcliffe, CO

#228556 May 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you're such a doofus christard. I asked you before what massive head injury and brain trauma you suffered from, now we know!
You nearly electrocuted yourself with 600 volts, that explains all your retarded bs in topix!
I didn't do it. It was the idiot cable repairman running a breakdown test 3 blocks away without checking for people working on the cable first. I was just doing the same toning out pairs I had been doing all day. Then I hit that magic one. Almost launched me out of the ladder seat. That was 46 years ago. Had two MENSA qualifying IQ tests since.

You should give it a try. Couldn't hurt.

Why do you go into these juvie modes?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#228557 May 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is your default, fail safe position always malice?

How about you shocking us with just a little kindness.

[Tipping hat]

“Rising”

Milky Way

#228558 May 7, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is your default, fail safe position always malice?
How about you shocking us with just a little kindness.
[Tipping hat]
There was no malice Eagle, only sarcasm. I happen to know many people who experience trauma of any kind, in fact do sometimes become highly religious.
This is a frailty of the human psyche. However with Dave it was a joke, as he comes up with some incredibly strange ideas about science mixed with spiritualism, or pseudoscientific
ideas that scream the "Did you hit your head on something Dave" attitude.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228559 May 7, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Atheist take note,
“You are always smarter than everyone else in the room even if your not.”
atheist are now 18% of america

nearly an intellectual majority

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#228560 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_the_US_run...
It really isn't "safer". Fire hazardwise it is more dangerous because of the higher current usually carried. Dramatic increase in sparking on bad connections or switching heavy loads on and off. Higher current equals higher temps. Your insulation, wire size, and conduit has to be designed for higher temp ratings. Overall it is much more expensive.
Your circuit breakers are double of what a 240v will be. Wires get much hotter before the breaker blows. This is why you have thicker wire required for a 30 amp load than a 15 amp load. A dead short can melt the thinner wire. Then you have melted copper near 1800 degrees F in your walls or conduit.
You won't notice much difference being zapped by 120 or 240 AC. It is the path the current flows in your body tht kills or doesn't. If your heart is in the path they are both going to interrupt it. This is why you put your left hand in your pocket when digging around in high voltage circuitry.
Now, pulsing DC at those voltages will bite the living shit out of you.
That's interesting, thanks.

“It's time. . .”

Terra Australis

#228561 May 8, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
120 can be seen as more dangerous because it's just enough voltage to lock your grip onto a conductor, should you be unfortunate enough to grab one. 240 will blow you off it.
Now that's a worry.

“It's time. . .”

Terra Australis

#228562 May 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You have it wrong 240 will stick to you, that's why it's more dangerous.
I have heard that. It's actually the amps which are more fatal.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228563 May 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no malice Eagle, only sarcasm. I happen to know many people who experience trauma of any kind, in fact do sometimes become highly religious.
This is a frailty of the human psyche. However with Dave it was a joke, as he comes up with some incredibly strange ideas about science mixed with spiritualism, or pseudoscientific
ideas that scream the "Did you hit your head on something Dave" attitude.
I mock 'rational atheist' oxymorons like you. A verbal wack to the head with the intent to shame you out of stupidity.

But instead of admitting your foolishness,'rational atheist' oxymorons pretend I'm not here.

How's that working out for you?

Snicker smile.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#228564 May 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i like the one's who preach the Good Word without an emphasis on their ministry needs!
what do you think about all those greedy and pagan witch doctors who work in conjunction with the greedy pharmicudical companies who together have most of our nation dependent on their drugs???
..whoa..?!...Don't be a hater ' pharmaceuticals ' make billions , obviously they are doing something right and worthwhile .

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#228565 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
240 "can" kill you.

Get an education.
...YOUR THREATS ..Have been duly reported to 'topix' monitors .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,263,184
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 20 hr The Fact Is 6,467
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed tom wingo 29,850
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed STO 310,327
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed RiccardoFire 201,854
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web