Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
219,321 - 219,340 of 224,013 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228366
May 4, 2014
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are born with rechargeable batteries.
How do batteries produce electricity?
How do nerves work?
I thought you were an evolutionist. If you aren't electrical in nature, what are you? How do you think?
Magic is not an acceptable answer.
I gave you a chance.
Fortunately on a lazy Sunday I won't have to paint you stupid. You will come out radiating it all over the place.
I am a biological organism composed of eukaryotes.
Scientific classification is
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae
Tribe: Hominini
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens
Subspecies
Homo sapiens sapiens

Glad to meet you Dave the electric toaster man :)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228367
May 4, 2014
 
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..whoa...go easy on "Aura Mytha" , it's not easy discovering that we're merely batteries ..
Its like that day , I finally realized we can't really grow up to be jedi knights ..
Oh ... you took the green pill.:) Ok Copper top back to sleep.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228368
May 4, 2014
 
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I have a unbiased attitude toward prehistoric art.
I have a sword hanging on my wall. Tell my exactly why and exactly what it means to me.
Go.
Just in case of a zombie attack? lol
old pa

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228369
May 4, 2014
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> People assumed ancient man had no means of communicating with other cultures in the remote past.
This is proving to be false, it sure appears about as long as man was able to spread out over the globe, some of us were traveling back and forth between continents.
Ancient men did not have fast means of travel, but were able to conquer the distances by land and sea. There were men in America 50,000 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
And your point is? Maybe sometime you could contribute something a third grader doesn't already know.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228370
May 4, 2014
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a biological organism composed of eukaryotes.
Scientific classification is
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae
Tribe: Hominini
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens
Subspecies
Homo sapiens sapiens
Glad to meet you Dave the electric toaster man :)
"Homemade Batteries

Any liquid or moist object that has enough ions to be electrically conductive can be used to make a battery. It is even possible to generate small amounts of electricity by inserting electrodes of different metals into potatoes, lemons, bananas, or carbonated cola. A voltaic pile can be created using two coins and a paper dipped in salt water. Stacking multiple coins in a series can results in an increase in current."

http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Analytical_Chemis...

You are a glorified rutabaga.

And a not very artful dodger.

“Steaming hunk”

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228371
May 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.viewzone.com/432her tz.html
Hokay. Another conspiracy a savvy Topix athiest will link to Christianity in some fashion. Hitler being a Christian, etc, you know?
440 hz became very popular for dial tone in digital telephone systems in the 70s and 80s. The solid state made it easier to generate. A nominal 400 hz was the standard for a long time in the older days. Usually by combining other frequencies if I remember right.any of you kids know what dial tone is? You don't have it on cellphones.:-)
Hitler was as christian as a piece of wood. Bonnhoeffer was executed for actively opposing him and exposing him as a monster by openly saying hitler was the face of godless Nazism.

Interesting that Stalin was a confirmed athiest. Stalin is a hero to athiests.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228372
May 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

old pa wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is? Maybe sometime you could contribute something a third grader doesn't already know.
It's only been about10 years since the discovery that men were in North America 50,000 years ago and some scientist do not accept this fact yet. This is not a third grade subject, but you're welcome to share it with your 3rd grade class.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228373
May 4, 2014
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Homemade Batteries
Any liquid or moist object that has enough ions to be electrically conductive can be used to make a battery. It is even possible to generate small amounts of electricity by inserting electrodes of different metals into potatoes, lemons, bananas, or carbonated cola. A voltaic pile can be created using two coins and a paper dipped in salt water. Stacking multiple coins in a series can results in an increase in current."
http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Analytical_Chemis...
You are a glorified rutabaga.
And a not very artful dodger.
You're a real hoot Mr. Toaster, I never heard anyone describe eukaryote cells as batteries.
I heard humans have 55% the same dna as a banana, but you may have a bit more banana in you..:O

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228374
May 4, 2014
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Just in case of a zombie attack? lol
Don't be silly, that is what the AK-47 is for. LOL

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228375
May 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't understanding something scientifically, sweetness. The spotting isn't telling the body how to move, it gets the head in a position, by it's own volition, to counteract the physical effects of spinning. You have a time delay issue in reaction in the inner ear and eyesight. It's a gravity, mass in motion, EM circuitry thingy counteracted by picking a focus point and forcing yourself to maintain it. It gives you something to keep your bearings within the limits of your physical construction.
I could go into that a considerable amount more, but not here.
Relative to the greater universe you are tumbling and somesaulting at much greater rates and in more directions than those endeavors you mention. We are spinning and yawing way beyond our physical abilities. Your physical link of energy exchanges with the earth is what is giving you a localized balance to work within. You look past it and you can get dizzy. Hence the Topix atheist refusal to look beyond themselves.
That spotting is a technique developed by the mind to maintain balance here. It is something developed past simple reactiveness.
Focus on the stars and you get dizzy. Focus on what created the stars and you have better control.
The above is what happens when the ignorant falsely believe they know something.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228376
May 4, 2014
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a biological organism composed of eukaryotes.
Scientific classification is
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae
Tribe: Hominini
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens
Subspecies
Homo sapiens sapiens
Glad to meet you Dave the electric toaster man :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I forgot you have issues with understanding written words.

Start with that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Man was created from the dust, and in your case, the deitrus. of the earth.

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228377
May 4, 2014
 
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was as christian as a piece of wood. Bonnhoeffer was executed for actively opposing him and exposing him as a monster by openly saying hitler was the face of godless Nazism.
Interesting that Stalin was a confirmed athiest. Stalin is a hero to athiests.
Willy, i have two questions for you.

First, what is an "athiest"?

Second, have you finished your homework for tomorroow?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228378
May 4, 2014
 
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was as christian as a piece of wood. Bonnhoeffer was executed for actively opposing him and exposing him as a monster by openly saying hitler was the face of godless Nazism.
Interesting that Stalin was a confirmed athiest. Stalin is a hero to athiests.
"The Popes who dictated the committing of genocide and atrocities for 1700 years were atheists." - Chistards

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228379
May 4, 2014
 
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yall don't know about Alex? The African Gray Parrot? He was on an Animal Planet special a few years back, but now is dead. Darn it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_ (parrot)
Yeah, impressive stuff, but not nearly as elaborate as human language.

It would be pretty cool if we could teach a bunch of parrots that level of complexity and then see if they can teach it to their offspring. And then release them into the wild!

mwahahahahahaha

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228380
May 4, 2014
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an African Grey, Scooby. He looks exactly like Alex.
It's creepy how smart that damn bird is.
He's so smart, he doesn't pray.

:p

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228381
May 4, 2014
 
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> so writer---You seem more silly to me >not< believing Satan exist.
Are you any less silly? oy!lol.
Only the most grossly immature thinkers have the capacity to believe in satan.

If you believe in such fantasies, you truly have become like children.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228382
May 4, 2014
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Includes telluric currents.

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228383
May 4, 2014
 
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>I love listening to brilliant orators like Christopher Hitchens. Or talking with dedicated scholars on their field of expertise - truly engaging.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
So conversing with them would resemble talking with you.
Sir, you flatter me!

<3
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228384
May 4, 2014
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a real hoot Mr. Toaster, I never heard anyone describe eukaryote cells as batteries.
I heard humans have 55% the same dna as a banana, but you may have a bit more banana in you..:O
That reminds me of a story where couple mafioso trying to collect money from some loser knocked him out and shoved a banana up his azz,,
Then tell him,if you don't pay up next time it will be a watermelon...
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228385
May 4, 2014
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Homemade Batteries
Any liquid or moist object that has enough ions to be electrically conductive can be used to make a battery. It is even possible to generate small amounts of electricity by inserting electrodes of different metals into potatoes, lemons, bananas, or carbonated cola. A voltaic pile can be created using two coins and a paper dipped in salt water. Stacking multiple coins in a series can results in an increase in current."
http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Analytical_Chemis...
You are a glorified rutabaga.
And a not very artful dodger.
Could be worse...could be a kristain!!
LLL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,078,905
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 min PEE PEE PETE 26,649
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr feces for jesus 305,074
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••