Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#228191 May 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Are ravens smart?
..Pop..says , there probably ...part of the Devil ..

so, intelligent .....of course .

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#228192 May 2, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what inspired you to do such things.
What sort of preparations did you make before doing those thing? Such as gathering materials and procedure to follow?
You don't know this about prehistoric peoples so you don;t need to know it about me.

There is a neolithic structure and flint flakes and cores at the bottom the cliff where I left my "message".

What is my name, what did I draw and why ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#228193 May 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...you had an inflated sense of entitlement ..(and , poor supervision )..
ah, to be young again .
LOL

Nah, I just liked playing in the woods.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#228194 May 2, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
UPS charged outrageous shipping charges from Rome to Jerusalem,....
LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#228195 May 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Jesus......Had , to prove demons exist ...
...why, do they got cows in Indian .....they, don't eat them ...?
They use the leather, the 'untouchable' class can eat the cows and process the hides. upper castes of Hindus can use leather as long as they don't harm or eat the cows themselves.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#228196 May 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I thought, until I researched it, for example some of the books have up to four different authors. None of them were written by the disciple they were attributed to, and none of the disciples knew Jesus first hand. None of the words of Jesus were recorded until at least 30 years after he was dead. To top it off, mistranslations , outright insertions and editing has rendered it to having completely different meanings than intended. Some of the stories were just added because people didn't understand the message, or felt it was missing something.
The story of Jesus and the whore, where he said "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.." Is a complete fabrication.
...sure...It is a fabrication , but nobody , believes this out of Christ's personality ...

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#228197 May 2, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I do my best. You know my right foot is made of metal, right?
<quoted text>
I know a few things. More than I let on.
<quoted text>
I often wonder what Edison would think about LED and fibre optics. I wonder what Tesla could do with satellite tech. You know that Tesla perfected wireless communication long before Marconi, yes? It's never a matter of what you know. It's a matter of what you care about.
<quoted text>
Who cares?
What possible difference could that make? Your use of the word man is beginning to offend me.
<quoted text>
How do you know?
By the way you responded.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#228198 May 2, 2014
Bible Colege:

Bible colleges produce a large percentage of North American evangelical missionaries and serve as a primary training center for local evangelical church leadership.

Intense brainwashing to brainwash others into their minority Christian cult.

To call it "education" is a sick joke.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#228199 May 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know this about prehistoric peoples so you don;t need to know it about me.
There is a neolithic structure and flint flakes and cores at the bottom the cliff where I left my "message".
What is my name, what did I draw and why ?
Prehistoric people were the same as modern people, except with less mental and physical defects.

The sky was man's TV set for a long time. It was what inspired him the most.

You have a funny attitude about that for an anthropoligist and historian.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#228200 May 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That Bible story is baffling, Why did a Jewish farmer have a herd of pigs ?
The swineherd is not Jewish, but a gentile from Gerasenes which was Gentile territory (note the presence in the area of pigs—unclean animals to Jews) and an indication that the person who receives salvation (Lk 8:36) is a Gentile.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#228201 May 2, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Prehistoric people were the same as modern people, except with less mental and physical defects.
The sky was man's TV set for a long time. It was what inspired him the most.
You have a funny attitude about that for an anthropoligist and historian.
When I first got to my house in Connecticut I started charting the moonlight on my wall. It took me 4 years to get the complete cycle but I did it.

My wall is a mess but I know when to plant corn.

Location hidden

#228202 May 2, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way you responded.
Oh, never mind then.
UiDiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#228204 May 2, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand commerce?
The military forces and the society used leather a whole bunch. Armor, saddlery, gloves, shoes, and about everything else we use synthetics for now.
UPS charged outrageous shipping charges from Rome to Jerusalem, so there is a likelihood a lot of such things were procured on the local economy. Some locals probably took advantage of that to make some bucks.
That reason grunts are pawns in geopolitical establishments and are insolent ignorant dumb barbarians with no human emotions, unintelligent grunters trained to be killing machines, it fits you kind! BWhAhahaahahaaaa
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#228205 May 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That Bible story is baffling, Why did a Jewish farmer have a herd of pigs ?
Soap is one product that can be made from swine.

And there's always the trading and bartering with other cultures.

Location hidden

#228206 May 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Soap is one product that can be made from swine.
And there's always the trading and bartering with other cultures.
Plus it's a good way to get rid of your pearls.

Oh hell, that's wrong isn't it?

Don't forget the Easter ham.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#228207 May 2, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can communicate over the globe using tuned megalithic structures like you do with CW radio and Morse code.
<The Dave Nelson> "...NURSE!...it's time for my enema..."

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#228208 May 2, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T elluric_current
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batshitcrazy

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#228209 May 3, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Pop..says , there probably ...part of the Devil ..
so, intelligent .....of course .
Ravens are related to crows, and here's a video that demonstrates the latter's intelligence:

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#228210 May 3, 2014

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228211 May 3, 2014
guesser wrote:
<quoted text>Life may be endemic to the universe. It may form just as readily as a crystal. You simply follow your giant ego with you suppositions that humans are the only reason everything exists. In other words you are full of shiite!
Something I've considered as I've learned more about the universe and seen fundies citing outrageous odds against life forming without the aid of their god, whose odds are even worse, is that considering the sheer size and variety of conditions known to exist in this universe, if life CAN form and exist then it MUST form and exist.

Considering that we KNOW it exists here, then there is necessarily life elsewhere. Much of it may be simple life forms, but some of it MUST evolve. Considering the age of the universe and considering the changes we've experienced in a mere 2000 years, there MUST be advanced civilizations. Just look how far we've advanced in the last 200 years and project that to 2000 years. Hopefully, anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,173,147
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 14 min dont drink the ko... 3,124
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 45 min Barack the Yellow 307,975
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Bruin For Life 28,713
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Pinoyboyguy 734
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Jan 24 RICK SERVICE 32
San Diego State hoping Dwayne Polee II gets a shot Jan 23 alanparkcity 1
More from around the web