Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
218,901 - 218,920 of 224,372 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Finally we have someone who acknowledges that birds can talk in human language.

When one talks about the serpent in the Garden of Eden.
It is necessary to differentiate between the pre-cursed serpent and the post cursed serpent.
Oh.

Well THAT makes it MUCH more believable.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Hidingfromyou wrote:
ohayogazaimasu
chotto ne, kokode yoru nondesukedo...
More cowbell!!!
Oh no!

I lost the cowbell!

And alone, it cannot make any noise!

Oh the irony of defeat!

!!!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,
"Facts don't need judging".
1. How did they become facts 'RATIONAL atheist' oxymoron???
2. She didn't list any facts. She mentioned a name.
Smirk smile.
You're too stupid to follow along. I'll leave you with this.

The doctrine that future happiness depends upon belief is monstrous. It is the infamy of infamies. The notion that faith in Christ is to be rewarded by an eternity of bliss, while a dependence upon reason, observation and experience merits everlasting pain, is too absurd for refutation, and can be relieved only by that unhappy mixture of insanity and ignorance, called "faith." What man, who ever thinks, can believe that blood can appease God? And yet, our entire system of religion is based upon that belief. The Jews pacified Jehovah with the blood of animals, and according to the Christian system, the blood of Jesus softened the heart of God a little, and rendered possible the salvation of a fortunate few. It is hard to conceive how the human mind can give assent to such terrible ideas, or how any sane man can read the Bible and still believe in the doctrine of inspiration.- RGI

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I just gave you an example of one that is fulfilled right now in front of your eyes. Made 5000 years ago.
And all you can do is make unvalidated denials.
Epic fail honey.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Huh?
How does your quote explain a 5,000 year old prediction that we see fulfilled in our time? A prophecy that distinguishes Jews from every other culture?
I'm just trying to understand the reasoning of the 'rational atheist' oxymoron poster punk.
Smile.
Confirmation bias.

Blasphemy is an epithet bestowed by superstition upon common sense. Whoever investigates a religion as he would any department of science is called a blasphemer. Whoever contradicts a priest; whoever has the impudence to use his own reason; whoever is brave enough to express his honest thought, is a blasphemer. When the missionary speaks slightingly of the wooden god of a savage, the savage regards him as a blasphemer. To laugh at the pretensions of Mohammed in Constantinople is blasphemy. To say in St Peter's that Mohammed was a prophet of God is blasphemy. There was a time when to acknowledge the divinity of Christ in Jerusalem was blasphemy. To deny his divinity is now blasphemy in New York.- RGI

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
As we shall see, Faraday kept these two dominant aspects of his life - his religious faith and his scientific research - distinct.
Was that your point?
You claim it is impossible.

Inspiration guides science.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"Break" is as close as you get to the events. The truth is you lie.
1. She claimed Christianity is a total copy of other religions.
2. I listed the premiere characteristic of Christianity (C.S. Lewis is certainly not the only person who noted it, most Christian children know it too).
3. She gave the name of a religion.
4. I asked for a specific description how that grace works in Hinduism that requires performance for perfection.
Now, perhaps if all of you 'rational atheist' oxymorons put your heads together, I might get a reasoned answer?
Oh wait, she already bailed. Again.
Snicker.
Come on, Internet tough guy, name your time and place. Come at me, bro.

Every sect is a certificate that God has not plainly revealed his will to man. To each reader the Bible conveys a different meaning.- RGI

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a double entendre that was too close for you to get.
Smile.
Sure, ITG, sure.

Is there an intelligent man or woman now in the world who believes in the Garden of Eden story? If you find any man who believes it, strike his forehead and you will hear an echo. Something is for rent.-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Orthodoxy" (1884)

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should do your own research.
Or don't and continue to make anass "out of yourself on an international public forum".
It really is very helpful.
Neigh.
Haha.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, it doesn't keep them from getting dizzy - it focuses their body on how to move. I know this b/c I dance, do martial arts and all kinds of spins (well, I used to; now I'm just a big, gross, yucky loser).
Anyways, if you're going to spin, you turn your head first. Then your body follows. That's it. It's pretty simple. Body always follows head. Very simple - you use the same principle in downhill skiing and snowboarding.
I also used to dive roll a lot - all the time, quite good at it -in dive rolling, you don't need to focus your gaze on something before starting the next roll. What keeps you from becoming dizzy is practice. I'm always dizzy if I haven't done it in a few months. Then, after a week or so of practice, no more dizziness (new people take a bit longer). The body and brain just get used to the movement and learn how to compensate. After a couple weeks, I can close my eyes and dive roll in any direction - front, back, side, diagonal, doesn't matter, no dizziness.
It's like playing pool drunk. Practice makes perfect.
Now he has to make a new tinfoil hat.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Concede like a man honey.
It really looks bad for...
Never mind, it's typical for 'rational atheist' oxymorons.
Smirk.
You're doing this religion thing wrong, Pusillanimous Preacher. You need to take your freak show on the road and start grabbing the tithe money. Whoops, that's right. You're too scared to go out in public.

Christianity has such a contemptible opinion of human nature that it does not believe a man can tell the truth unless frightened by a belief in God. No lower opinion of the human race has ever been expressed.- RGI

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth makes you nervous?
It should.
Wise words from long ago: "There is nothing new under the sun".
Fools like you are as old as humanity.
By the way, you do a great job as the 'rational atheist' oxymoron poster punk.
1. You have zero truths.

2. Nothing about you makes me nervous. Nauseous, yes.

3. You call me a punk but you won't name a time and place to say it to me in person.

The Pusillanimous Preacher strikes again! So scawy! Monster's mutation? Hardly. More like a pussy's frustration.

On every hand there seems to be design to defeat design.
If God created man -- if he is the father of us all, why did he make the criminals, the insane, the deformed and idiotic?
Should the mother, who clasps to her breast an idiot child, thank God?
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, from "Why I Am an Agnostic" (1896)

I guess so. Your's did.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for admitting you live by the Atheistic double standard.
Haha, I've reduced you to useless powder.

Day by day, religious conceptions grow less and less intense. Day by day, the old spirit dies out of book and creed. The burning enthusiasm, the quenchless zeal of the early church have gone, never, never to return. The ceremonies remain, but the ancient faith is fading out of the human heart. The worn-out arguments fail to convince, and denunciations that once blanched the faces of a race, excite in us only derision and disgust. As time rolls on, the miracles grow mean and small, and the evidences our fathers thought conclusive utterly fail to satisfy us.- RGI

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, it doesn't keep them from getting dizzy - it focuses their body on how to move. I know this b/c I dance, do martial arts and all kinds of spins (well, I used to; now I'm just a big, gross, yucky loser).
Anyways, if you're going to spin, you turn your head first. Then your body follows. That's it. It's pretty simple. Body always follows head. Very simple - you use the same principle in downhill skiing and snowboarding.
I also used to dive roll a lot - all the time, quite good at it -in dive rolling, you don't need to focus your gaze on something before starting the next roll. What keeps you from becoming dizzy is practice. I'm always dizzy if I haven't done it in a few months. Then, after a week or so of practice, no more dizziness (new people take a bit longer). The body and brain just get used to the movement and learn how to compensate. After a couple weeks, I can close my eyes and dive roll in any direction - front, back, side, diagonal, doesn't matter, no dizziness.
It's like playing pool drunk. Practice makes perfect.
You aren't understanding something scientifically, sweetness. The spotting isn't telling the body how to move, it gets the head in a position, by it's own volition, to counteract the physical effects of spinning. You have a time delay issue in reaction in the inner ear and eyesight. It's a gravity, mass in motion, EM circuitry thingy counteracted by picking a focus point and forcing yourself to maintain it. It gives you something to keep your bearings within the limits of your physical construction.

I could go into that a considerable amount more, but not here.

Relative to the greater universe you are tumbling and somesaulting at much greater rates and in more directions than those endeavors you mention. We are spinning and yawing way beyond our physical abilities. Your physical link of energy exchanges with the earth is what is giving you a localized balance to work within. You look past it and you can get dizzy. Hence the Topix atheist refusal to look beyond themselves.

That spotting is a technique developed by the mind to maintain balance here. It is something developed past simple reactiveness.

Focus on the stars and you get dizzy. Focus on what created the stars and you have better control.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for admitting you live by the Atheistic double standard.
You didn't answer my question. We already know the big, weird rewards you have planned for yourself after you die. What happens to non-believers after they die? What retribution do you find just for anyone who decided not to agree with your personal god, the one you invented in your head. Go ahead, be honest. Remember, it's a thought crime. What is a just eternal punishment for a thought crime?

The doctrine of eternal punishment is in perfect harmony with the savagery of the men who made the orthodox creeds. It is in harmony with torture, with flaying alive, and with burnings. The men who burned their fellow-men for a moment, believed that God would burn his enemies forever.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Crumbling Creeds"

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally we have someone who acknowledges that birds can talk in human language.
When one talks about the serpent in the Garden of Eden.
It is necessary to differentiate between the pre-cursed serpent and the post cursed serpent.
Hahahaha. You can't be serious! Wait, you're serious? Cuckoo, cuckoo.

It is claimed that God wrote a book called the Bible, and it is generally admitted that this book is somewhat difficult to understand. As long as the church had all the copies of this book, and the people were not allowed to read it, there was comparatively little heresy in the world; but when it was printed and read, people began honestly to differ as to its meaning. A few were independent and brave enough to give the world their real thoughts, and for the extermination of these men the church used all her power. Protestants and Catholics vied with each other in the work of enslaving the human mind. For ages they were rivals in the infamous effort to rid the earth of honest people.- RGI

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stop learning from RR. You are playing "daffynitions".
In the absence of light one can not see anything at all.
I can see in the darkness and even when it is dark.
I am proving right now as it is dark outside and I can see in the darkness.
I suggest you play your "word salad bingo" with RR, Dave or Buck.
Hookay, Sparky.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Cursssssssssssssed, is it?
Their magic book says the snake lost his legs, not its vocal cords. LOL

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

number four wrote:
<quoted text>...whoa..........Are ' you ' really using our own weapon , against ' us '..???
OXYMORON ......Is, "KiMare"s property ..
You're smart and funny enough not to be a Christian, yet you persist. Go figure.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna do something cool?
If you have a flash camera, go into a pitch dark room. Pick an area to focus on and fire the flash on your camera. Try not to blink or move your eyes.
You will see a detailed image of the room that lasts for a few seconds in the darkness.
OT, but it's pretty cool and a good demonstration of the persistence of vision which makes movies seem continuous.
Cool. Now I have to find an old flash camera and try it.

Ever close your eyes and get real close to a strobe light ? All kinds of visual 'hallucinations' appear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Judged:

To enlarge just a tad on the spotting on a more common scale.

Driving.

You focus on the horizon and you see everything in between. You are cutting a visual path your body follows. Your steering adjusts, you are prepared to make corrections in a gentler manner because of that far vision. You aren't swerving all over the road like that little old lady watching the road just in front of her, or a Topix atheist on the highway of life.

Your body circuits and soul follow the lead set by your vision. That is how you get from here to there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Eman 1,082,117
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 min Bruin For Life 26,694
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 33 min feces for jesus 305,143
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Sun engd 2
herbal cure for HIV aids and cancer contact san... (Jun '13) Sat Towolawi abdullahi 21
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 24 jessirinneyswift 9
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... Jul 24 Dana McCarty 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••