Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
218,501 - 218,520 of 226,091 Comments Last updated 20 min ago

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure it's not 13.77? 13.745? 13.23?
Your IQ? It's probably somewhere in that range.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Because Tacitus was unreliable. Clement of Alexandria, at the beginning of the third century, made a compilation of all the recognitions of Christ and Christianity that had been made by Pagan writers up to his time. The writings of Tacitus furnished no recognition of them. The ecclesiastical historian Eusebius, in the fourth century, cites all the evidences of Christianity obtainable from Jewish and Pagan sources, but makes no mention of Tacitus. Tacitus was not quoted by any Christian author until the 15th Century. The only copy of Annals is from 600 years after Tacitus died. The story, in nearly the same words without any mention of a Christ, is found in the writings of Sulpicius Severus, a Christian of the fifth century.
Oh well.
Why should I believe the freethought website you plagiarized this from?

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/josephus.html

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tarzan say RR talk good.
Tarzan always right.
Make Tarzan sammich.
You don't know how to diagram a sentence nor can you defend your obfuscation pedantry. I understand.

I know you're hungry, fat boy, but I'm afraid the kitchen is closed.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I very clearly wrote that sentience is the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions.
Since plants don't have the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions, I fail to understand why you would ask me if plants are sentient.
I'm an avid gardener Einstein. Plants do in fact respond to stimuli, or as you put it "sense impressions".
Ability to feel? Try researching if carrots really do scream when you pull them from their beds.
The root ends of plants actually FEEL their way around underground objects like rocks. Their growing tips actually contain and retain the ability to move up and down and from side to side in order to find a way to the nutrients they seek. If they find adequate nutrients just below ground level, they stop searching for food unless the source dries up. Then the roots begin searching again.

What do you suppose those vine plants are doing when they send out their "feelers" to secure the stalk to a trellis? Plants are trainable Einstein. I train the melons every year to climb the trellis. Within a matter of a couple minutes, I can prove to you that the plant actually felt it when it touched the wire and begins to physically wrap itself around the wire.

Again, are plants sentient sir?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya that's how they write it in the UK.
I'm not in the UK.....
Thank God.
Actually, no. In the Oxford dictionary, from the UK, ahem, fairytale and fairy-tale are acceptable. In the US, according to Webster, it is a hyphenated modifier and written as fairy-tale.

You have never owned a passport. How can you possibly disparage a place you have never been. The UK is wonderful.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Note that Josephus never mentions Paul or the existence of a Roman Catholic Church in Rome. By their own arguments, Paul nor a unified church existed, thus the whole of Christianity is built on a massive lie.
Dumbazz Christers hoisted by their own petard.
It's all so sad.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a theory. It is called a theory even by the scientists promoting the theory.
<smile>
What proof do you have of the origin of the speech gene? From what "lower" life form does it originate? Why does it not exist in any other life form aside from homo sapien on this planet?
The theory is still full of holes. You know that too.
Here, go argue with these guys.

http://www.livescience.com/7973-human-speech-...

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I believe the freethought website you plagiarized this from?
http://freethought.mbdojo.com/josephus.html
Uh, that's not plagiarism, silly. This is just an insignificant forum, a game. You can believe whatever you want.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. You'll believe the words of Tacitus regarding crucifixion, but not regarding Jesus.
Brilliant.
Wrong and you know it, you fukinliar.

I believe Jesus existed.
I just don't believe all the lies your religion made up about him 300 years after he was crucified.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
number four wrote:
<quoted text> ....My Dad ,can beat-up your Dad ...!
<quoted text>
Interesting.
"Easy" you say?
Hardly.
It is impossible.
No. If he can beat a dead horse, he can beat up my dead father. Ashes don't put up much of a fight.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans can look to the stars, study the stars, someday maybe even travel to the stars, hell some people even worship the stars.
Can the stars look at humans?
I see you have changed your stance on illegal drugs.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>They both obfuscate so much that even they realize their arguments are invalid.
I think they are too stupid to realize how stupid they are.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Because Tacitus was unreliable. Clement of Alexandria, at the beginning of the third century, made a compilation of all the recognitions of Christ and Christianity that had been made by Pagan writers up to his time. The writings of Tacitus furnished no recognition of them. The ecclesiastical historian Eusebius, in the fourth century, cites all the evidences of Christianity obtainable from Jewish and Pagan sources, but makes no mention of Tacitus. Tacitus was not quoted by any Christian author until the 15th Century. The only copy of Annals is from 600 years after Tacitus died. The story, in nearly the same words without any mention of a Christ, is found in the writings of Sulpicius Severus, a Christian of the fifth century.
Oh well.
Tacitus doesn't mention Jesus at all. He mentions Christians who he says are named after their leader 'Christus' who was crucified by Pilate.
Tacitus is just one of many early sources that demonstrate the existence of a "crucified Jew" as the focal point of a religious movement in Rome. They do not demonstrate anything at all about the divinity of Jesus nor the validity of a single religious claim.

We can assume that George Washington existed, that can never prove he was God, that he "slept here" or even that he ever chopped down a cherry tree.

If we had 100% proof that Jesus existed and was crucified by Pilate, it would do nothing to validate a single religious claim about him.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, no. In the Oxford dictionary, from the UK, ahem, fairytale and fairy-tale are acceptable. In the US, according to Webster, it is a hyphenated modifier and written as fairy-tale.
You have never owned a passport. How can you possibly disparage a place you have never been. The UK is wonderful.
"Only MY dialect of English is the correct one." - RR

Note that RR invents his own 'daffynitions' then complains about spelling conventions and typos.

"Kill and disown are the same thing." - RR defending his Bible-God commanding the killing of disobedient sons.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what you're missing.
And you're stupid enough to think I'm the one in the dark.
You're a pathetic fool.
oh yeah, you got lots of hope from sci-fi comic books telling you of your random-chance beginning and soon to be eternal exctinction! where do i sign up to join your very optimisitc sci-fi cult of survival-of-fittest & reptilian mentality?:-)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>oh yeah, you got lots of hope from sci-fi comic books telling you of your random-chance beginning and soon to be eternal exctinction! where do i sign up to join your very optimisitc sci-fi cult of survival-of-fittest & reptilian mentality?:-)
You're not qualified for membership.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>My, my aren't you a seething ball of judgmental hate, speculating about someone you don't know. Christians are creepy.
Your comments are like a boiling pot of contempt. Bubbling, boiling, brewing, then overflowing, sizzling the sides as the fire underneath continues to overcook. The “seething ball of judgmental hate,” describes the interior of your innermost thoughts.
You Sir, are the face of Atheism, and your compassionate revulsion has driven your thoughts to the surface for all to see. Thank You,[tipping hat].
Your comments are like a boiling pot of contempt. Bubbling, boiling, brewing, then overflowing, sizzling the sides as the fire underneath continues to overcook. The “seething ball of judgmental hate,” describes the interior of your innermost thoughts.
You Sir, are the face of Atheism, and your compassionate revulsion has driven your thoughts to the surface for all to see. Thank You,[tipping hat].
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

I said it twice so you could get it once.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

number four wrote:
<quoted text>...So , If only someone would give "No Shiite" a hug ...his, black little heart might start beating again ..?
He is like so many of our resident topix Atheist.

They’re like the deranged man at Geneserat in the New Testament.

Luke 8 26-39

Beyond the help of mankind and only God can set free.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a medical student but thanks !!!
I worked in a morgue. I'm well versed on death.
How's your soul doing? Getting enough exercise?
Oh cool, I didn’t know you were a medical student.

Actually I have been exercising since the weather has improved from the winter. I work out with weights here at the house and in the evenings I go for a nice walk.

When I finished High School I contemplated going to Mortuary School. But my life went into a different direction.

Did you just recently start medical school?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,098,933
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 28 min PEE PEE PETE 27,017
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 305,424
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••