Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254988 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Apr 14

San German, Puerto Rico

#227865 Apr 30, 2014
To say that atheism requires faith just as religions do is akin to saying that absolute darkness is just another kind of light, or that absolute silence is just another kind of sound or that a bald person has a different kind of hair. This is patently absurd!
Do you think that I need faith in order not to believe unicorns ever existed? I think not.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227866 Apr 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Stare into a halogen floodlight, then go in a pitch dark cave. Now tell if your eyes are useful in either.
Sight depends on a contrast of pure light and pure darkness.
Darkness is still the absence of light.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#227867 Apr 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You made the claim every part if Christianity is a copy of other religions.
I took the fundamental identity of Christianity, grace, and asked where it is copied from.
Can you validate your claim, or were you wrong?
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Hindu Kripa, Ramanuja and, Madhva.
The parallels to Mithra, who also offered this grace nonsense, are alarming.
"I don't find it strange anymore that there is a four thousand year-old legend among the Zoroastrians; the legend of Mithra. He is supposed to have been born of a virgin on December 25th. Mithra was considered as the "lamb of god." He atoned for the sins of people by dying. Then he resurrected on the third day! There is strong reason to believe that Saint Paul fabricated the belief system of Christianity from the Zoroastrian mythology. In order to hide Paul's plagiarism ... the Christians burned the library of Alexandria in 390 A.D. Books in that library kept Mithra's original story of which the Pauline Doctrine is an almost exact carbon copy.(George Sarton - Introduction to the History of Science)
No honest Christian scholar can deny that Saint Paul forged the belief system of Christianity from the four thousand year old Persian legend of Mithra. In order to hide Paul's plagiarism, the Church burned the library of Alexandria in 389 since that library preserved Mithra's original legend of which the Pauline doctrine is a carbon copy.(Kersey Graves - Christianity Before Christ)
Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-spiri...
Actually, grace is what makes your religion disgustingly immoral. That a omnipotent could only think of demi-human sacrifice via suicide by centurion is ridiculously laughable and disgustingly ridiculous.
Your CS Lewis apologetics are childish.
You "Loving Christian" oxymorons disgust me.
Barf.
Really?

You want to invalidate the Bible with that pile of baloney? I'll bet you know it is too.

http://www.jonsorensen.net/2013/04/17/explodi...

Once again, the poster punk exposes the moral status of 'rational atheist' oxymorons...

Location hidden

#227868 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>It's all the same nonsense.
You "loving Christian" oxymorons are a death cult.
Barf.
Yes, that's why it's promise is life ever lasting...

You pitimize 'rational atheist' oxymoron...

Location hidden

#227869 Apr 30, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You think christianity invented grace?
You are running scared...

Smirk.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#227870 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Darkness is still the absence of light.
Nope. Not "darkness" only "Total Darkness".

It is dark here but I can still see the tree outside my window.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#227871 Apr 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I took the fundamental identity of Christianity, grace, and asked where it is copied from.
<quoted text>
Really?
You want to invalidate the Bible with that pile of baloney? I'll bet you know it is too.
http://www.jonsorensen.net/2013/04/17/explodi...
Once again, the poster punk exposes the moral status of 'rational atheist' oxymorons...
The Bible invalidates itself.

Location hidden

#227872 Apr 30, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that too, is regurgitated.
Hinduism is over 10,000 years old and that religion also uses the concept of divine grace.
You think your myth is special, it really isn't. It combines concepts, characters and stories from different, older religions. Badly.
Oh please, be specific.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227875 Apr 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Not "darkness" only "Total Darkness".
It is dark here but I can still see the tree outside my window.
Because there is still light, therefore it is dark but not darkness. Why the need to slice the words thinner than a Christian?

Location hidden

#227876 Apr 30, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No prophecies have been fulfilled, ever. Those making the predictions either know the outcome before hand, or it is such a generalization that it appears to be fulfilled. If I make a prophecy that there will be a very bad blizzard in Jan. 2015, and there is, has a prophecy been fulfilled?
It's fiction because everything in the bible is imagined, there is NO evidence that anything in the bible actually happened. Your example of Eve in the Garden is a prime example of something only imagined.
I just gave you an example of one that is fulfilled right now in front of your eyes. Made 5000 years ago.

And all you can do is make unvalidated denials.

Epic fail honey.

Smile.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227877 Apr 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's why it's promise is life ever lasting...
You pitimize 'rational atheist' oxymoron...
Pitimize? Hahahhaaaa.. How do you get this alleged promise? By dying, nitwit.

It's not a promise, it is a con. It is a product sold that never gets delivered. The shaman is the oldest profession in the book. Soft hands and no need to work while getting power and money on the backs of the deluded.

You "loving Christian" oxymorons are willful dupes.

Location hidden

#227879 Apr 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Really?
http://www.jonsorensen.net/2013/04/17/explodi ...
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>We have heard talk enough. We have listened to all the drowsy, idealess, vapid sermons that we wish to hear. We have read your Bible and the works of your best minds. We have heard your prayers, your solemn groans and your reverential amens. All these amount to less than nothing. We want one fact. We beg at the doors of your churches for just one little fact. We pass our hats along your pews and under your pulpits and implore you for just one fact. We know all about your mouldy wonders and your stale miracles. We want a this year's fact. We ask only one. Give us one fact for charity. Your miracles are too ancient. The witnesses have been dead for nearly two thousand years.- RGI
The Bible invalidates itself and you invalidate it as well. Hey, internet tough guy, what part of the Bible exhorts you to call me a punk? Is it this Scripture?
Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
Or this one?
Proverbs 20:19
Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a simple babbler.
Or perhaps this?
Titus 3:2
To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.
Oooh, I know, this one...
James 4:11
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.
You have proven the a Bible is meaningless to you outside of using it as a way to make yourself feel superior to others. How shot must your self-esteem be from your inculcation that you find it necessary to twist what is supposed to be a message about love into some creepy, backwater death cult. You hide behind the anonymity of the internet and puff out your chest and engage in ridiculous SWAIM for your evil religion. A deity would be so proud of your behavior. Any time you would like to call me a punk to my face I can accommodate you. No go crawl back in your hole, little skeeter. Your Momma needs her feet washed.
You "loving Christian" oxymorons are creepy.
Wow, that's a creepy rant!

Frankly, it fits your picture perfectly.

All because I exposed your dark soul.

You know the best is yet to come.

Smile.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227881 Apr 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are running scared...
Smirk.
You are projecting and......ah never mind, too stupid and insane to mock.

Just keep representing your cult of lies, it's appreciated.

Laughs.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227882 Apr 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, she listed a religion and claimed it was the same.
You sure you are the one to be judging facts?
Snicker.
Facts don't need judging. Facts are facts. Lame conformation bias is not a fact. That you are a pusillanimous creep afraid of his own shadow and dumber than a stump is an established fact.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#227883 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Because there is still light, therefore it is dark but not darkness. Why the need to slice the words thinner than a Christian?
Because I use the word "dark" and "darkness" in the common use of the terms. Total Darkness would require an absence of the entire electromagnetic spectrum, not just the light humans can see. As such "Total Darkness" is as meaningless as "nothingness".

Does a dog whistle make a sound ?
Does a pit viper see infrared ?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227884 Apr 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I just gave you an example of one that is fulfilled right now in front of your eyes. Made 5000 years ago.
And all you can do is make unvalidated denials.
Epic fail honey.
Smile.
The old lady who said there must be a devil, else how could they make pictures that looked exactly like him, reasoned like a trained theologian -- like a doctor of divinity.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, from "Superstition" (1898)

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227885 Apr 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
You've proven you are incapable of stringing together two coherent thoughts let alone following a conversation.

Let me break it down for you, ITG:

1. You spewed out the tired CS Lewis trope, total PRATT, that Christianity was the only religion that had "grace".

2. She asked if you really believed that.

3. You asked her for an example.

4. She gave you Hindusim, which predates your immoral dogma by thousands of years. Hinduism has Kripa, the concept of grace you falsely claimed was exclusive to your death cult.

There's your facts. No judgment necessary.

Spit.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227886 Apr 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I use the word "dark" and "darkness" in the common use of the terms. Total Darkness would require an absence of the entire electromagnetic spectrum, not just the light humans can see. As such "Total Darkness" is as meaningless as "nothingness".
Does a dog whistle make a sound ?
Does a pit viper see infrared ?
Darkness is still an absence of light.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227887 Apr 30, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are projecting and......ah never mind, too stupid and insane to mock.
Just keep representing your cult of lies, it's appreciated.
Laughs.
Yeah, if all the spokeswhores were like him, Christianity would be dead in a week.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227888 Apr 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
"Pitimize"! Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,375,799
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 32,252
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr cpeter1313 311,046
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue Earthling-1 9,555
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web