Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257121 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#227675 Apr 29, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it cover you so that you can become a lying, judgmental hypocrite?
it covers humanity since all are lying judgmental hypocrites.

hey, but if you're so much the lying judgmental hypocrite that you can't/won't even admit that you need It/Him, how is It going to do you any good?!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#227676 Apr 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not a murderer. the Bible is written by man. anyone can write anything in that book. and the Bible is not written or the word of God.
God is can do better than that. God helps, God heals, and God gives guidance.
get thee behind me, satan! since you don't respect the Word of God, you have nothing but more of mens perverted opinions to offer here...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#227677 Apr 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not a murderer. the Bible is written by man. anyone can write anything in that book. and the Bible is not written or the word of God.
Then the bible is worthless, just another book written by men. How then can you know anything about God? You have no reference point, you have NO information, you have nothing. Do you simply make shit up about God? How do you know he exists? Is it because of those stupid and easily explained so called "miracles" you think are real? Thats it? Your entire world view is based on a dry spot on the ground? Can you even spell GULLIBLE!!!!!

How do you know that God does NOT murder little babies? What information do you have, besides your F---ed up beliefs that he doesn't murder babies?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#227678 Apr 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
get thee behind me, satan! since you don't respect the Word of God, you have nothing but more of mens perverted opinions to offer here...
how sure are you that the Bible is the word of God ? those are written by man !!

why would God create gays, then the Bible condemns gays ?

you have nothing to offer either !!! all you offer are lies from the Bible.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#227679 Apr 29, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Then the bible is worthless, just another book written by men. How then can you know anything about God? You have no reference point, you have NO information, you have nothing. Do you simply make shit up about God? How do you know he exists? Is it because of those stupid and easily explained so called "miracles" you think are real? Thats it? Your entire world view is based on a dry spot on the ground? Can you even spell GULLIBLE!!!!!
How do you know that God does NOT murder little babies? What information do you have, besides your F---ed up beliefs that he doesn't murder babies?
how i knew God is present :

1. when i was a small kid, i did not believe in God. when i was an older teen, i started to pray to solve some problems. i noticed that most of my prayers were answered. that was the start of my believe in God, but a little doubtful too.

2. but on June 30, 2011, i saw a real Miracle. that was the time that my belief in God became stronger. there is no more doubt about it.

if you don't believe in Miracles and God, well, that is your problem, not mine.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#227680 Apr 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
and don't you ever call me a Satan !! ok ?? i do believe in God. i experienced a real Miracle. ok ??

speak for yourself you f****cking MORON !!! next time, watch your mouth !!! ok ?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#227681 Apr 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it covers humanity since all are lying judgmental hypocrites.....
You rabid Christers certainly are.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#227683 Apr 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>There "is" no evil ...!
You , freethinkers .......keep making our point for us , Obviously morality IS objective ..
There is much in the Bible associated to morality and it is SUBJECTIVE.

This would cuase your statement above - to be subjective.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#227684 Apr 29, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You rabid Christers certainly are.
he is a moron !! just because i don't read the Bible he belittles me ? i do believe in God. i don't have to read the Bible just to believe in God. i believe in God in my own way.

Albuquerque, NM

#227685 Apr 29, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You really should have looked up the spelling for "Chiwawa." Your response appears even more stupid.
I thouhg te poster was talking about an Indian tribe.....until I reached his "German shepherd" comparison.

Seriously - I was going over all the Indian tribes in my mind to try and figure out what the poster was trying to say.

LOL

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#227686 Apr 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>and don't you ever call me a Satan !! ok ?? i do believe in God. i experienced a real Miracle. ok ??

speak for yourself you f****cking MORON !!! next time, watch your mouth !!! ok ?
That's something waaaasshole is incapable of.

Albuquerque, NM

#227687 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
A 'rationally atheist' oxymoron who ran like a sissy?
You parrot atheist talking points that distort and ignore information without applying your own reasoning. Now you want to judge a faith calls people to better themselves and help others?
What a hypocrite and fraud!
So does Christianity. These prove that to be the case:

a. Christianity only uses a portion of what Jesus taught.
b. Christianity only uses less than six of the original 13 Apostles.
c. Christianity must think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus - just based upon the teachings by Jesus as compared to what Jesus taught.
d. Christianity chose the books to use for its religion, and exclaim that these are "from God", but when asked to state where "God" specifically states which books are "His" it seems that Christianity fails at providing the details.

Please don't lie for your religion. It shows you are being dishonest and putting forth unfounded claims.

Albuquerque, NM

#227688 Apr 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for beign honest and admitting that the Bible was written by men.

As for teh other things you think "God" can or cannot do, well, andet - you sort of failed here with the honesty.

The fact is - you don't know what "God" can or cannot do. So please do speak for him.

Please post links to sources or events that shows "God helps", or "God heals" or "God gives guidance". Please ensure that these sources have verifiable evidence that proves these actions occurred. Otherwise it is just an opinion by yet another man.

Thanks!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#227689 Apr 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
how i knew God is present :
1. when i was a small kid, i did not believe in God. when i was an older teen, i started to pray to solve some problems. i noticed that most of my prayers were answered. that was the start of my believe in God, but a little doubtful too.
2. but on June 30, 2011, i saw a real Miracle. that was the time that my belief in God became stronger. there is no more doubt about it.
if you don't believe in Miracles and God, well, that is your problem, not mine.
If you have no frame of reference then how do you know it is God answering your prayers. How do you know it's not Satan? How do you KNOW that God is the good one and Satan the bad?

What God is it that you believe in? The Christian God, the Muslim God, the God the Mormons believe in, Krishna the hindu God, Crom the Norse God, which one?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#227690 Apr 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
and don't you ever call me a Satan !! ok ?? i do believe in God. i experienced a real Miracle. ok ??
Whats the matter with Satan? You don't believe anything in the bible so just what is your problem with Satan? How can you know anything about Satan if you don't believe what the bible says? Maybe Satan is really good and its God that is the evil one. God has certainly killed more people than Satan.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#227691 Apr 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
he is a moron !! just because i don't read the Bible he belittles me ? i do believe in God. i don't have to read the Bible just to believe in God. i believe in God in my own way.
According to the rabid Christianss, if you don't believe in everything they do, you are an atheist.

They don't believe in God. They believe in their cult.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#227692 Apr 29, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Many birds (and other animals) demonstrate fairly high intelligence.
I have several parrots, including an African grey, which I have owned since the day she hatched. That's 18 years ago.

She has at least a 150-word vocabulary, and puts together some sentences (on her own, not mimicry) that constantly surprise the heck out of us. She somewhat runs the house, including the other parrots and dogs as well. Sometimes she's too mischievous......

Several years ago, a friend stopped in to visit and brought her dog. After a brief visit in the living room, everyone headed to the kitchen, forgetting the animals for the moment. After a couple of minutes, there was the loudest screaming imaginable, the grey shrieking "(my name), help, please help!. Now! C'mon!" The dog had jumped on the sofa and was trying to get to her.

There's also a double yellow-headed Amazon female, 45 years old, does some great operatic bits in addition to a pretty well established vocabulary.

Both birds have excellent diction and distinctly clear speech.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#227693 Apr 29, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
I have several parrots, including an African grey, which I have owned since the day she hatched. That's 18 years ago.
She has at least a 150-word vocabulary, and puts together some sentences (on her own, not mimicry) that constantly surprise the heck out of us. She somewhat runs the house, including the other parrots and dogs as well. Sometimes she's too mischievous......
Several years ago, a friend stopped in to visit and brought her dog. After a brief visit in the living room, everyone headed to the kitchen, forgetting the animals for the moment. After a couple of minutes, there was the loudest screaming imaginable, the grey shrieking "(my name), help, please help!. Now! C'mon!" The dog had jumped on the sofa and was trying to get to her.
There's also a double yellow-headed Amazon female, 45 years old, does some great operatic bits in addition to a pretty well established vocabulary.
Both birds have excellent diction and distinctly clear speech.
I think that humans underestimate the sentience of our fellow life forms on this planet.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#227694 Apr 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
how sure are you that the Bible is the word of God ? those are written by man !!
why would God create gays, then the Bible condemns gays ?
you have nothing to offer either !!! all you offer are lies from the Bible.
what's the alternative - that i should believe you know more than the holy patriarchs, prophets and apostles of old who were personally visited by God???

like i said - i ain't buy'n the BS you're trying to sell:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#227695 Apr 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
in order to believe God, you hafta believe God at His Word.

if i say that i know you, but then disragree with and disrespect everything you tell me about yourself, would you believe that i really do know you?:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,431,762
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 min Les Miles 32,402
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 10,086
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 311,869
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web