Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244753 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227434 Apr 28, 2014
Someone please explain to me how the pious never display their piety, how the alleged followers of the Christ are never Christ-like, and how those who claim to be Bible-worshipping Christians never follow the guidance of the Bible.

Jesus: How you treat the least of these is how you treat me.

Paul: Those who don't work don't eat.

Dichotomy lobotomy, that Jesus guy was a welfare queen! Paul is where it's at. He's let his cattle graze illegally on Federal land while calling others takers.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#227435 Apr 28, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>The stupid burns bright in you. Titus was a Roman emperor, not an historian. Josephus was not a contemporary of Jesus and was the son of a monied priest and a mother of royal ancestry. His hagiography was designed to consolidate power. Josephus was an enemy if the state until he turned traitor to his own people. Josephus aligned himself politically with Vespasian and predicted Vespasian's rise to power. This gave him credibility among the superstitious.
Jesus is only mentioned twice in The Antiquities of the Jews and it is now recognized that the Testemonium Flavium is not authentic and was further subject to forgery and interpretation by such clowns as Eusebius, the polemicist that lived in the 4th Century.
Eusebius' quote?
""That it will be necessary sometimes to use falsehood as a remedy for the benefit of those who require such a mode of treatment."
You've been scammed, Yosemite Sam. That you hang your hat on such nonsense points to your credulity and intellectual vapidity.
As concise a piece of factual info as I have seen on here. Nicely done.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227436 Apr 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>A superstition , that incites rage and violence in the unbeliever ...??
Don't fret too much, little gossip. Your savior is going to be incited to rage and violence when you reach the Bill Gates and He examines your behavior here.

I hear the eraser He uses in The Book of Life is made out of titanium with gold filigree. Well, at least that's what Buzzard 12 made up about it.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227437 Apr 28, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxtop
I can just imagine the excitement you experienced when your intelligence was delivered to your doorstep. Oh, the sense of empowerment you must have felt.
Thank Mankind for Lucky Charms and Crackerjacks providing you with what nature shortchanged you on.
Maybe you will get better mileage, but I clicked on the Box Tops for Education link and it really went nowhere. Perhaps you would get more from it with your new found abilities to make something out of nothing.
You still have nothing but monkey-poo flinging in your wheelhouse. Don't you have a spaceship to build. Dammit, man you're wasting precious time. Xenu awaits the arrival of your disciples!

Thank you for proving that a cuckoo clock isn't right even twice a day.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227438 Apr 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As concise a piece of factual info as I have seen on here. Nicely done.
Thank you. I await with a smile and open arms the string of fallacious insults it will invite from the Christian Clown a college assembled here.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227439 Apr 28, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
Someone please explain to me how the pious never display their piety, how the alleged followers of the Christ are never Christ-like, and how those who claim to be Bible-worshipping Christians never follow the guidance of the Bible.

Jesus: How you treat the least of these is how you treat me.

Paul: Those who don't work don't eat.

Dichotomy lobotomy, that Jesus guy was a welfare queen! Paul is where it's at. He's let his cattle graze illegally on Federal land while calling others takers.
Most of them haven't read the bible.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227440 Apr 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>A superstition , that incites rage and violence in the unbeliever ...??
Aug. 5, 2012. The virulent, neocon-fueled Islamophobia that has plagued post-9/11 America has not only posed a threat to Muslims, it has had deadly consequences for people of other faiths, including Sikhs. Sikhs are not Muslims; the traditional Sikh attire, including their turbans, is different from traditional Sunni, Shiite or Sufi attire. But to a racist, a bearded Sikh looks like a Muslim. Only four days after 9/11, Balbir Singh Sodhi, a Sikh immigrant from India who owned a gas station in Mesa, Arizona, was murdered by Frank Silva Roque, a Christian who obviously mistook him for a Muslim.

But Sodhi’s murder was not the last example of anti-Sikh violence in post-9/11 America. On Aug. 5, 2012, Christian Wade Michael Page used a semiautomatic weapon to murder six people during an attack on a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin.

On July 27, 2008, Christian Right sympathizer Jim David Adkisson walked into the Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee during a children’s play and began shooting people at random. Two were killed, while seven others were injured but survived. Adkisson said he was motivated by a hatred of liberals, Democrats and gays, and he considered neocon Bernard Goldberg’s book, 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America, his political manifesto. Adkisson (who pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree murder and is now serving life in prison without parole) was vehemently anti-abortion, but apparently committing an act of terrorism during a children’s play was good ol’ Republican family values. While Adkisson’s act of terrorism was reported on Fox News, it didn’t get the round-the-clock coverage an act of Islamic terrorism would have garnered.

Army of God disciple Eric Rudolph is best known for carrying out the Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta during the 1996 Summer Olympics—a blast that killed spectator Alice Hawthorne and wounded 111 others. Hawthorne wasn’t the only person Rudolph murdered: his bombing of an abortion clinic in Birmingham, Alabama in 1998 caused the death of Robert Sanderson (a Birmingham police officer and part-time security guard) and caused nurse Emily Lyons to lose an eye.

Rudolph’s other acts of Christian terrorism include bombing the Otherwise Lounge (a lesbian bar in Atlanta) in 1997 and an abortion clinic in an Atlanta suburb in 1997. Rudolph was no lone wolf: he was part of a terrorist movement that encouraged his violence. And the Army of God continues to exalt Rudolph as a brave Christian who is doing God’s work.

Yep, those damn non-beliebers and their rage and violence.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227441 Apr 28, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of them haven't read the bible.
I know or they'd be atheists.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#227442 Apr 28, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Don't fret too much, little gossip. Your savior is going to be incited to rage and violence when you reach the Bill Gates and He examines your behavior here.
I hear the eraser He uses in The Book of Life is made out of titanium with gold filigree. Well, at least that's what Buzzard 12 made up about it.
Amusing. The Topix atheist ego at work.

Sharing the idea of going before a judge if and when this life ends with fundies. Being able to plead a case. Everything so personal.

Ever seen an assembly line where the product is scanned for defects and gets pushed into the go or no go chute? Not a single bit of personal attention. The product is moulded or assembled right, or it gets shitcannned and recycled. Take semiconductor electronic devices assembled on boards for example. Put the juice and strain on the circuitry and see if it performs within design parameters. If it can't handle the load here it won't function in it's future destination.

You are emitting an abundance of spurious signals. You won't be making an end run around the QA station.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#227443 Apr 28, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>You still have nothing but monkey-poo flinging in your wheelhouse. Don't you have a spaceship to build. Dammit, man you're wasting precious time. Xenu awaits the arrival of your disciples!
Thank you for proving that a cuckoo clock isn't right even twice a day.
Sport, you are the one needing the spaceship to keep you insulated from the Greater Reality. This is all YOU have.

You have no concept of just how big existence is and how insignificant you and your babblings are.

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#227444 Apr 28, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. I await with a smile and open arms the string of fallacious insults it will invite from the Christian Clown a college assembled here.
I was a student of the Flavian dynasty, I often use similar arguments and each and every time the predictable, wave of denials, obfuscation and downright lies is particularly evident from the godbots.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#227445 Apr 28, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The Romans kept real good records, they were especially diligent in recording their crucifixions. There are NO records of anyone names Jesus King of the Jews as being crucified, go figure!!!
Where are these "real good records"?

You claim they exist, post them. Show us how "real good records" of crucifixion from the Roman Empire.

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227446 Apr 28, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
Fairy tales is two words, nitwit.
As a noun, it's written "fairy tale".

As an adjective or modifier, it's written "fairytale".

I love teaching you intellectual superiors...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227447 Apr 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.Thank-you "Riverside" ..." fairy stories "...Was, really beginning to irk me ..
You're welcome.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#227448 Apr 28, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>John Wayne Gacey, you describe yourself as a mutation in your tag line.
Gacey was gay.

I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man.

Smile.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#227449 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are these "real good records"?
You claim they exist, post them. Show us how "real good records" of crucifixion from the Roman Empire.
Go.
Get off your fat lazy ass and find them for yourself. I refuse to do your research for you. I discovered them, are you unable or unwilling to do the same? Just maybe you're afraid the results might undermine your superstitious beliefs, to see your Jesus disappear in a whiff of smoke like a bad magic trick.

Do your own homework lazyass.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#227450 Apr 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gacey was gay.
I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man.
Smile.
Like I said, a freak of nature!!

smirk!!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#227451 Apr 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Well, then .....You'd be wrong .
So which of the 40,000 different Christian sects is the right one ?

"Only MY church's beliefs are right!" Every Christian on the planet

Feel free to accept whatever some preacher tells you.
I can think for myself.
GFY

“Love much, trust none”

There

#227452 Apr 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You reject the admonitions and exhortations of the Apostles of Christ , who actually witnessed those events first hand ..
You can't make a horse drink, or in your case a Koala bear ..
There isn't a single document written by a single real Apostle except the Thomas.

Enjoy swilling your church's piss.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#227453 Apr 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually none of them did, you didn't know that though huh?
They didn't even write the books they are credited for.
So how do you think any of it is real?
"But, but, my minister said they were!" - Christards

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,262,575
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Randall L 6,460
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr dGo mnDaed lyHo i... 310,322
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 hr RiccardoFire 201,854
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr tom wingo 29,848
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web