Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#227510 Apr 28, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct I refuse to try and discover anything that lays outside of the natural world, same as science The insanity lies in trying to explore that which is non-existent.
!!!
I have said repeatedly that everything that exists, IS in the natural world sir.
It is >you< who are placing self imposed limits upon what is possible sir.

I am holding an electronic device on my lap and typing words into it. Does it not exist simply because you can not currently see it?

Tis you sir, who wear the blinders and refuse to engage without them in place.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#227511 Apr 28, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>If you splash some water on him he might unclench his ass.
Creep.
Ah, more reasoned debate from the 'rational atheist' oxymoron poster punk.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#227512 Apr 28, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The same way I know that Peter Pan's NeverNever Land doesn't exists. The same way I know that "pixie dust" doesn't exist. And I know that the naturalistic realm is the only realm because at this point in time, science has failed to detect anything other than this reality. So "For this moment in time" I KNOW that this is the only realm.
You preface your bold claim with "at this point in time", and "For this moment in time", and then conclude that NOTHING else exists.

ROTFLMAO

Yep according to you, my keyboard does not exist because you can not see it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#227513 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Sentience is the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions.
What animal on this planet is not sentient?
If stars and humans are made of the same goodies, why aren't stars sentient?
<quoted text>
I don't know why you're on the floor, because I never said that all living things are sentient. I didn't say that and I certainly didn't imply it.
Having trouble reading again, purfesir?
Aquarius-WY wrote:
"I never said that all living things are sentient."
Yes you did. Your definition was so broad that it included all life.
That is why I asked you about the plant kingdom Einstein.
Again, are plants sentient?
Hey, what's that? Oh, it's my post. Did you read it?

I very clearly wrote that sentience is the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions.

Since plants don't have the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions, I fail to understand why you would ask me if plants are sentient.

I also failed to understand why you would think that my post was so broad that it included all life, because all life doesn't have the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#227514 Apr 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>you sound pretty smart! i have a 'book' from 1 of your 'scientists' who said that you should invest $10k in my ponzi...er investment options!

lets get together and chat about this deal of a lifetime and feel free to bring all your friends who believe in those sci-fi books of yours too!;-)
You have no idea what you're missing.

And you're stupid enough to think I'm the one in the dark.

You're a pathetic fool.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#227515 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You sure it's not 13.77? 13.745? 13.23?
No. I'm not. Latest refinements have it at 13.74.

I'm sure it will be further refined with advancing technology.

Location hidden

#227516 Apr 28, 2014
number four wrote:

<quoted text> ....My Dad ,can beat-up your Dad ...!
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty easy since my dad is dead.
LOL
Interesting.
"Easy" you say?
Hardly.
It is impossible.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#227517 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:
Sentience is the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions.
What animal on this planet is not sentient?
If stars and humans are made of the same goodies, why aren't stars sentient?
<quoted text>
I don't know why you're on the floor, because I never said that all living things are sentient. I didn't say that and I certainly didn't imply it.
Having trouble reading again, purfesir?

Hey, what's that? Oh, it's my post. Did you read it?

I very clearly wrote that sentience is the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions.

Since plants don't have the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions, I fail to understand why you would ask me if plants are sentient.

I also failed to understand why you would think that my post was so broad that it included all life, because all life doesn't have the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions.
You did say something along the lines of "if stars have the same atoms as we do, then they're alive."

I'm paraphrasing. It's not worth looking up. It was too stupid to waste the effort on.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227518 Apr 28, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You did say something along the lines of "if stars have the same atoms as we do, then they're alive."
I'm paraphrasing. It's not worth looking up. It was too stupid to waste the effort on.
Humans can look to the stars, study the stars, someday maybe even travel to the stars, hell some people even worship the stars.

Can the stars look at humans?

Location hidden

#227519 Apr 28, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Goddidit is not an answer. An argument from ignorance is not an answer.
Yes they are answers. You disagree with them but they are still answers.
Where I come from, even no answer, is still an answer.
Grow up. Expand your horizons.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227520 Apr 28, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
RR does to language what DaveNelson does to science.
They both obfuscate so much that even they realize their arguments are invalid.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227521 Apr 28, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are answers. You disagree with them but they are still answers.
Where I come from, even no answer, is still an answer.
Grow up. Expand your horizons.
Why so pedantic? Seriously? The wrong answer is not an answer by some measures. Is there anything you won't argue about? You're ridiculous.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227522 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans can look to the stars, study the stars, someday maybe even travel to the stars, hell some people even worship the stars.
Prove they can't. Go!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227523 Apr 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, more reasoned debate from the 'rational atheist' oxymoron poster punk.
Smirk.
What exactly have you contributed here except the same ridiculous line?

Jesus is dying on the cross, and Peter is down the hill comforting Mary Magdalene when he hears Jesus' faint voice, "Peter... Peter..."

"I must go and help my Savior," he said and went up the hill, only to be beaten and kicked back down by the Roman centurions guarding the cross. But soon he hears, "Peter... Peter," in even fainter tones but he cannot ignore the call. Peter limps up the hill, leans a ladder against the cross, and gets halfway up when the centurions knock over the ladder, beats him brutally, and tosses him back down the hill.

Again he hears, "Peter... Peter..." ever fainter, and again, he cannot refuse his Lord. In pain, he slowly staggers up the hill, drags himself up the ladder, and finally gets even with Christ's face. Just as the centurions are reaching for the ladder, Jesus says, "Peter... Peter... look, I can see your house from here."

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#227524 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Humans can look to the stars, study the stars, someday maybe even travel to the stars, hell some people even worship the stars.

No.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227525 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. You'll believe the words of Tacitus regarding crucifixion, but not regarding Jesus.
Brilliant.
Because Tacitus was unreliable. Clement of Alexandria, at the beginning of the third century, made a compilation of all the recognitions of Christ and Christianity that had been made by Pagan writers up to his time. The writings of Tacitus furnished no recognition of them. The ecclesiastical historian Eusebius, in the fourth century, cites all the evidences of Christianity obtainable from Jewish and Pagan sources, but makes no mention of Tacitus. Tacitus was not quoted by any Christian author until the 15th Century. The only copy of Annals is from 600 years after Tacitus died. The story, in nearly the same words without any mention of a Christ, is found in the writings of Sulpicius Severus, a Christian of the fifth century.

Oh well.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227526 Apr 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What a puusy.
Cheap shots while running from real questions.
You don't fool anyone honey.
Smile.
Cheap shot? It's in your book.

What question have you posed? Go ahead.

You hide behind anonymity and call me names, hypocrite. Besides, you forgot your tag line. You're getting weaker.

Go ahead, pose a question. I'll eviscerate it.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227527 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure it's not 13.77? 13.745? 13.23?
Your IQ? It's probably somewhere in that range.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227528 Apr 28, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Because Tacitus was unreliable. Clement of Alexandria, at the beginning of the third century, made a compilation of all the recognitions of Christ and Christianity that had been made by Pagan writers up to his time. The writings of Tacitus furnished no recognition of them. The ecclesiastical historian Eusebius, in the fourth century, cites all the evidences of Christianity obtainable from Jewish and Pagan sources, but makes no mention of Tacitus. Tacitus was not quoted by any Christian author until the 15th Century. The only copy of Annals is from 600 years after Tacitus died. The story, in nearly the same words without any mention of a Christ, is found in the writings of Sulpicius Severus, a Christian of the fifth century.
Oh well.
Why should I believe the freethought website you plagiarized this from?

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/josephus.html

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227529 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tarzan say RR talk good.
Tarzan always right.
Make Tarzan sammich.
You don't know how to diagram a sentence nor can you defend your obfuscation pedantry. I understand.

I know you're hungry, fat boy, but I'm afraid the kitchen is closed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min flack 1,481,224
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 41 min Patriot AKA Bozo 10,733
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Thu Sammy Davis Junior 313,199
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,715
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Jan 17 Go Blue Forever 75
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jan 17 louis 19
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jan 15 RiccardoFire 201,891
More from around the web