Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#226789 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and that was his error. IANS said that the Bible was written for the illiterate, which makes absolutely no sense.
What you say is correct, that the ministers, priests or whoever were the ones reading to Bible to the illiterate, and THAT's who the Bible was originally written for.
To say a book was written for those who can't read or write is just as dumb as having braille on our ATM machines. Maybe IANS had a part in that...
You're functionally illiterate and you believe it. Case closed.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226790 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Hey, while you're reading my mind when you tell me what else I'm feeling?
Foolish. Stupid. Uneducated. Like a liar. Fat. Ignorant.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226791 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the other on?
Siri did it! Hypocrite.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226792 Apr 24, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good Doctor, we are all going to take the last ride across the river Jordan. I would love for you to join those of us who are going onto a much better place but as much as I would love to save you, I can't.
Haha. You're insane.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226793 Apr 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogs growling at unseen thingies.
Your hair standing up on the back of your neck with nothing in sight.
Quite natural.
You're cuckoo and alarmingly ignorant.

Christians growl,about unseen things, too. Incessantly.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226794 Apr 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does the hair stand up on end and your skin crawls when you get "spooked"?
Does the hair "smell"? Or "see".
No, it is attuned to EM influences. Sensors on full alert and shields up.
Why?
The hair isn't moving, moron, the scalp is.

Wow, just wow. You were just crowing about how intellectual you are and you come up with this craziness. EM influences? Haha.

Skin crawling is an idiom, idiot. It is not a valid description of the vestigial actions of the autonomic nervous system. Anserina is a vestigial reflex, an antecedent of evolution, back before tiny-dicked Christians had guns to make them feel tougher. The arrector pili muscles contract, you know, like the cardiomyocytes, as a response to fight or flight. Fight or flight, by the way, is the best refutation of this imaginary free will concept you twits came up with to explain bad things happening.

Why does your heart beat? Angels, I tell ya! No, wait, magnets. Yeah, magnets.

Seek help, Trog.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226795 Apr 24, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not suffer fools.
That includes you.
It also includes anyone who enters the fray with, "Oooh, Oooh, I know. The fair wage for sex slavery is tiny-dicked Christians who couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a stack of pardons and a Jesus mattress finally getting a woman to submit, because, after all, paths. Booble tells me so. Whoop! "
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...
Hey, now, they scoffed at Shakespeare, too. You really expect me to take these clowns seriously. It ain't going to happen.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226796 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I don't kill you, you won't kill me?
Well what happens if I kill you, will you kill me back?
I'd rather you live. Watching you torture yourself every day is marvelous.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226797 Apr 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>and , yet these divisive ..CHRISTIANS ...."KiMare" ..."RiversideRedneck " .....have only given me props ....???...They aren't Catholics ...
“Difference of opinion is advantageous in religion. The several sects perform the office of a Censor morum over each other. Is uniformity attainable? Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth. Let us reflect that it is inhabited by a thousand millions of people. That these profess probably a thousand different systems of religion. That ours is but one of that thousand. That if there be but one right, and ours that one, we should wish to see the 999 wandering sects gathered into the fold of truth. But against such a majority we cannot effect this by force. Reason and persuasion are the only practicable instruments. To make way for these, free enquiry must be indulged; and how can we wish others to indulge it while we refuse it ourselves?”

&#8213; Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia

“I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the earth.”

&#8213; Thomas Jefferson

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226798 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know. You'd rather play with criminals all day.
And you'd rather ignore your Jesus, your job, your wife and your children and be on Topix all day.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226799 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Then why am I happy?
“Only a fool can be happy. For happiness consists of two contradictory elements: contentment and pleasure. Enjoy pleasure and you have no contentment; be content and you have no pleasure. For this reason happiness is conceivable only for those who enjoy themselves without thinking that they will always want more and thus be discontented, or for those who are content without thinking that they have no pleasure. Whoever reflects can never be happy, unless he is a fanatic and thus blinded…thus exercising control over his intelligence with his feelings, instead of the other way round”

&#8213; Marcellus Emants, A Posthumous Confession

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#226800 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So in order to "obtain" the evidence, one must first die? And you find that concept acceptable? You don't for one moment find such a position absolutely insane?
You do know that such a belief is not only totally insane, it's completely unsupported by any known data. This makes it a belief as foolish as any Dark Age superstition.
Are you really that stupid that you find any part of this statement as being real?
Clarifying what someone said, is by no means an approval or "acceptance" of what was said. It is simply a clarification.
Do you find it acceptable that all living things die? Do you not find for one moment that fact to be absolutely insane?
Grow up.

Location hidden

#226801 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So in order to "obtain" the evidence, one must first die?...
I'll wager and push in my whole pile, that you supported Nancy Pelosi's claim that in order to find out what was in the ACA we need to pass it first.
And you find that concept acceptable? You don't for one moment find such a position absolutely insane?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226802 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Clarifying what someone said, is by no means an approval or "acceptance" of what was said. It is simply a clarification.
Do you find it acceptable that all living things die? Do you not find for one moment that fact to be absolutely insane?
Grow up.
He WAS advocating suicide. He admitted it.

Location hidden

#226803 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh, it depends where in New Jersey, the Northern corner of New Jersey is all mountains and farm country, great vista's beautiful lush valleys and lakes nestled in the high country.
"High country"? In New Jersey?
You call 1,800 feet the high country?
<rolls eyes>

Location hidden

#226804 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, they simply left. My Son's next door neighbor knew people from that Church, they said toward the end only 4 or 5 people would show up on Sunday. Then they became so embarrassed they stopped coming.
Don't you agree that abandoning bronze age superstitions is always a good idea?
I feel encouraged every time I see anyone suspending these childish beliefs and becoming more skeptical.
I see you failed to actually read and absorb what was written.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226805 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll wager and push in my whole pile, that you supported Nancy Pelosi's claim that in order to find out what was in the ACA we need to pass it first.
And you find that concept acceptable? You don't for one moment find such a position absolutely insane?
A non sequitur? Really? You're equivocating an advocation for suicide with a remark that in order to find out how a bill will benefit it needs to be passed? Are you really that invested in the noise machine? Are you that morally cumbersome and bereft?

While Pelosi is not my favorite politician, the noise machine quote mined her on this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...

You have the audacity to call others insane yet you don't call one who advocates suicide to find out whether gods exist as insane. Christianity harms the human condition. The evidence is all over these threads.

Location hidden

#226806 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text> There is ONLY one kind of evidence, only one, and that evidence ONLY exists in reality as part of the naturalistic realm.!!!
And what would that "ONLY one" kind of evidence be Einstein?
What "ONLY one" evidence would you accept as being "real"?

Location hidden

#226807 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course not, WTF kind of question is that?
It simply shows that this one particular Church has failed, that the "Faith" of it's members had vanished. One small victory for skepticism. And seeing TWO of these failed churches seems to suggest a trend, at least in that particular region.
"that the "Faith" of it's members had vanished."

Incorrect. That for sale sign only means that one particular church building is no longer a "church", and that is ALL it means.
One would need to know each and every person that was a member before the for sale sign was erected, in order to make the claim you just did.
Like I said, most folks who leave one church for whatever reason, usually find another one that "feels" better to them.
You make judgments and conclusions based on facts not in evidence. The ONLY fact you have in evidence is a simple for sale sign.
Grow up and face reality.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226808 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
I am certainly more intelligent than someone who believes Satan is floating around causing evil things to happen {SNIP}
That's great, but I don't know why you would bring that up with me because I don't believe that Satan causes anything to happen, either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 38 min HitMan 201,447
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 29,093
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr John Galt 1,193,084
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr cpeter1313 309,000
Kentucky Wildcats Basketball: Kyle Wiltjer Comm... (Sep '10) 4 hr patty sue 5
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 5 hr Quantummist 4,370
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 9 hr squeezers 762
More from around the web