Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#226656 Apr 23, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>You have zero credibility, Easter Bunny.
And there's another 'rational atheist' oxymoron who equates vulgar scoffing to intelligence...

Snicker smile.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#226658 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So in order to "obtain" the evidence, one must first die? And you find that concept acceptable? You don't for one moment find such a position absolutely insane?
You do know that such a belief is not only totally insane, it's completely unsupported by any known data. This makes it a belief as foolish as any Dark Age superstition.
Are you really that stupid that you find any part of this statement as being real?
It comes down to how soon you want the evidence. If you want the evidence now then take the ride. But it's a one way ride. My good Doctor, you are going to take the ride sooner or later.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#226659 Apr 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is highly inappropriate to discuss cleavers on this thread.
Keep it safe, Brother Marine, keep it safe.
Especially with bigots that openly speak of a wish to kill Christians.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#226660 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>They weren't selling to build a bigger better church, they were effectively out of business, membership was down so low that they couldn't afford to maintain the building.
Hopefully we'll see more of this diminishing membership as people begin to realize how idiotic childish superstitious beliefs really are.
So Doc, if you see a house for sale does that mean every house in America is for sale?

Or if you see a house being repo'd does that mean every house in America is going on the auction block?

Or if a school is shutdown does that mean every school is going out of business?
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#226661 Apr 23, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The compulsive badmouthing of the roots of your civilization and believers in the root religion of such, who happen to be in the vast majority, is not based on reason, rationality, or education. It is based upon a psychosis.
You are a product of that which you now condemn in such a mad dog manner. You launched yourself out into the wild blue yonder of delusion.
It never fails to amaze me those that cry over the treatment of some people show almost daily how bigoted they really are.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#226662 Apr 23, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>No' no, no you prevaricating putz. I wrote, "I make no claims about abiogenesis."
Wow, you're stupid.
I have read your posts. Hot air and misrepresentations. Your fandom of self is unwarranted.
Such eloquent word construction. This must mean you're a genius. You could have said something a Neanderthal would say, but no, you used a higher vocabulary and being the intellectual you are you said, Wow, you're stupid."

This must be your superior intellect at work here for all to see.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226663 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>BINGO........holy shit you do have a brain.
The top ingredient's in the universe are Hydrogen, Helium, oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon. Carbon is actually the 4th most abundant ingredient in the universe. These 5 elements are what stars are made of. Guess what the main ingredient's are in YOUR body. Yep, all 5 of these elements. You should be very moved know you are made of the "stuff" of stars.
You've been watching too much Cosmos...

Location hidden

#226664 Apr 23, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>No, they didn't. Religions started out as power grabs.
'Rational atheist' oxymoron to the max...

Smirk.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#226665 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been watching too much Cosmos...
I wonder what our resident genius will make of the fact almost all structures now have sheetrock in them.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#226666 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to make me stay happy?
Oh, the humanity....
You can never be happy, remember ...it's you.

Location hidden

#226667 Apr 23, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Carbon. Not dirt puffed into existence by a magical man that has turned into just an entity of energy, over time, as Christians have to change their descriptions due to materialistic naturalism.
I make no claims of abiogenesis. Keep lying. It suits you.
Um, SCIENTISTS have changed their views. Toward what the Bible noted 5000 years ago.

You need to stick with vulgar scoffing, otherwise you really look stupid.

Smile.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#226668 Apr 23, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how they mainly care about human life only when it's still in the uterus.
Its always been that way, and the moment its born, then bitch and complain about another mouth their tax dollars are having to feed. Along with the "deadbeat" mom and dad.

Smirkmouth has already call every one of them "sluts". I bet when he walks, his a** hole is so drawn up, you couldn't get a tooth pick up it? He thinks his sh*t doesn't stink at all, that he is perfection walking. Except for that little prance caused by his a** sucking on a lemon.

This is the man that says we have no right to judge. He is judging "slut slut slut,"
that is what he thinks women are today, sluts

. Out of his own mouth he is judging all women .
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#226669 Apr 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think they do when they've out-grown a building?
I laugh my ass off every time I read a 'rational atheist' oxymoron post like yours.
Smirk.
I KNOW for a fact that they never "outgrew" their building, just the opposite, people over time just stopped coming. The last sunday before they went belly up, they had 5 people for a Sunday service. People just decided that bronze age childish superstitious beliefs were embarrassing.

Since it is a known fact that Atheists display greater intelligence levels than Theists, rational thought, reason, logic, and skepticism, are very desirable traits possessed by all true Atheist's, so there is no oxymoron here, the mistake is all yours. He smiles down at the delusional child!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226670 Apr 23, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what our resident genius will make of the fact almost all structures now have sheetrock in them.
Sheetrock is taking over the world?

Or as Catcher calls it; "sheet wall".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226671 Apr 23, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You can never be happy, remember ...it's you.
Oh.

Then why am I happy?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#226672 Apr 23, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The compulsive badmouthing of the roots of your civilization and believers in the root religion of such, who happen to be in the vast majority, is not based on reason, rationality, or education. It is based upon a psychosis.
You are a product of that which you now condemn in such a mad dog manner. You launched yourself out into the wild blue yonder of delusion.
It's those darned EM forces at work, don't you think?

Or something like that.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#226673 Apr 23, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Especially with bigots that openly speak of a wish to kill Christians.
I reject the concept of killing Christians.

I don't subscribe to the eye-for-an-eye philosophy.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#226674 Apr 23, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It comes down to how soon you want the evidence. If you want the evidence now then take the ride. But it's a one way ride. My good Doctor, you are going to take the ride sooner or later.
Bullshit piled on top of more bullshit never makes it true. There is ONLY one kind of evidence, only one, and that evidence ONLY exists in reality as part of the naturalistic realm. Now if you want to say there is another source were evidence can be found its on YOU to demonstrate the validity of this "other" source.

Be prepared to supply something other than just your delusional episodes, or your psychotic personal experiences.

So I'm waiting, show me this alternative reality where I can discover evidence for souls!!!! Ready........Set..........GO!! !
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#226675 Apr 23, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So Doc, if you see a house for sale does that mean every house in America is for sale?
Or if you see a house being repo'd does that mean every house in America is going on the auction block?
Or if a school is shutdown does that mean every school is going out of business?
Of course not, WTF kind of question is that?

It simply shows that this one particular Church has failed, that the "Faith" of it's members had vanished. One small victory for skepticism. And seeing TWO of these failed churches seems to suggest a trend, at least in that particular region.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#226676 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What are you made from, "interstellar stardust"?!
LMMFAO!!
<quoted text>
You Topix Atheists! sure know how to spin a fanciful tale.
You know what a Topic Atheist! just told me? He said the Bible was written for the illiterate.
Yeah, that's right. A book that is completely text was written for those who can't read it.
Amazing...
That's right, only the ministers, priests, whatever religious leader got to read to his crowd, what ever part of the book he wishes to, almost like now. Most people never open their bible until they are in church and reading along with the preacher. They may as well be illiterate.
The preacher chooses the subject, reads and then tells everybody what he just read meant.
Been that way since the beginning of the religion. The book is sacred to the illiterate, they trust what the minister says and what the meaning is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 39 min scirocco 1,154,093
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Truth is might 306,993
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr KiMare 201,172
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 9 hr IBdaMann 2,682
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Trojan 28,400
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 11 hr Roy the Boy 691
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web