Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#226504 Apr 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Every pregnant woman's health is compromised by a pregnancy. Every single one.
Thankfully modern medicine has helped to fix a really shitty design.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#226505 Apr 22, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Mongrel? You're mentally ill and sexually sick. Oh, yeah, a Christian.
I think I caused your nuts to be sucked up into your brain cavity where they are now bouncing around like marbles...

Smile.

Location hidden

#226506 Apr 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, atheists are the birthers of our government.
That's also why you see atheists at the forefront today in the battle against human trafficking.
Your credibility slip is showing...
Smirk.
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>In 1777, Jefferson composed the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, enacted a few years later by the Virginia House of Delegates. It was the first law in the history of the world to guarantee freedom of worship, protecting people of all faiths and those with no religion at all.
Although he kept his personal beliefs private, he often spoke out against religious intolerance. In his Notes on the State of Virginia, first published in 1784, Jefferson argued that unorthodox beliefs and outright disbelief posed no threat to society.“It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”
For this, Jefferson was denounced in the election of 1800 as an arch-infidel and a “howling atheist.” New England ministers warned that if elected, Jefferson would confiscate all Bibles and convert churches into temples of prostitution.
http://spiritualwealth.com/2013/06/03/the-how...
Funny, but churches are already temples of prostitution.
The presidential election of 1800 is generally considered the nastiest in American history. Indeed, the campaign did not reflect well on the Founders or their new government. The race between Federalist John Adams and Republican Thomas Jefferson was raucous, bitter, and unpredictable. Historian David McCullough wrote that according to the opposing campaigns, "if Jefferson was a Jacobin, a shameless southern libertine, and a 'howling' atheist, Adams was a Tory, a vain Yankee scold, and, if truth be known,'quite mad.''"
http://lehrmaninstitute.org/history/1800.asp
Jefferson's closing in his First Inaugural speech:

"I shall need, too, the favor of that Being in whose hands we are, who led our fathers, as Israel of old, from their native land and planted them in a country flowing with all the necessaries and comforts of life; who has covered our infancy with His providence and our riper years with His wisdom and power, and to whose goodness I ask you to join in supplications with me that He will so enlighten the minds of your servants, guide their councils, and prosper their measures that whatsoever they do shall result in your good, and shall secure to you the peace, friendship, and approbation of all nations."

Again, what qualifies the poster boy for 'rational atheist' oxymorons to judge the righteous?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#226507 Apr 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I caused your nuts to be sucked up into your brain cavity where they are now bouncing around like marbles...
Smile.
Like I wrote, you are mentally ill and sexually sick. Shudder.

Location hidden

#226508 Apr 22, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Like I wrote, you are mentally ill and sexually sick. Shudder.
Now you have a charlie horse in your sphincter?

SMirk.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#226509 Apr 22, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine the reaction when the Redneck opens his mouth in class and spouts his idiotic "beliefs"? On PTAG, he just suggested that venereal diseases may have been created by God to keep people from doing bad things, or punish them for immoral behavior, sort of like Pat Robertson's views that hurricanes are god's way of punishing us for accepting homosexuals in society.
What's the point of responding to this sort of idiocy?
The scary thing is that there are people like the Redneck out there, running around unsupervised.
I knew you were right, Catcher, about Redneck's unreliability. I didn't expect a miracle, didn't hold my breath, but allowed breathing space.

Today, clearly, Redneck was unable to contain himself, and broke his public promise - and, more importantly, his promise to Skydaddy.

The preamble to tomorrow's Public Service Announcement may be found on PTAG.

Wise Counselor, Pastor Catcher1!

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#226510 Apr 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Abortion.
Or,
...Wow...everybody tells me "one" issue voters , are uninformed , national politics are much more nuanced and complicated ....than , a single issue ..

Tell that to the civil righters , or abolitionists ......the economy , the environment ,debt, education .....I DON'T CARE ....

You , don't murder innocent people , just because they're inconvenient ..!!

I GOT A BIG CRUSH ..ON YOU "KiMare"...!!

Las Vegas, NV

#226511 Apr 22, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to go back and follow along.
And just for the record, no one is one of mine here.
..You weren't drunk ..??
"No Shiite" came to your aid , and you attacked him ..?On purpose ?

Just who in the f**k do you think you are ..??..Israel..?..Sparta..?

Las Vegas, NV

#226512 Apr 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Every pregnant woman's health is threatened by their pregnancy. Every single one.
"Pregnancy" is an odd way to describe a human being.
Do you call yourself a "delivery"? Morons.
"Buck Crick"..........Is absolutely right ...

Women are ' rushed' to the hospital ..

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226513 Apr 22, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Wow...everybody tells me "one" issue voters , are uninformed , national politics are much more nuanced and complicated ....than , a single issue ..
Tell that to the civil righters , or abolitionists ......the economy , the environment ,debt, education .....I DON'T CARE ....
You , don't murder innocent people , just because they're inconvenient ..!!
I GOT A BIG CRUSH ..ON YOU "KiMare"...!!
Woah......

"don't murder innocent people just because they're inconvenient"

Noice!!

<standing ovation>

Las Vegas, NV

#226514 Apr 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The abortion argument is irrelevant to the fact that the God in the Bible killed babies and pregnant mothers, and continues to kill fetuses daily via miscarriages.
..you're going to get pissed ..

But , God is the sole giver ' and' demands to be the sole taker ...I know , what those sacred authors accuse God of , Genocide .

The Bible is very clear ..Vengeance is..?

( I don't have finish that verse .)..you know how it goes ..

Las Vegas, NV

#226515 Apr 22, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a kid, under 21 anyway. If you were truly selfish, you would fight for balance in the ecosystem that makes up earth. When the rainforests are gone and the oceans polluted to where there are no more whales, humans will be on the downslide and wont last many more years. We will be like the dinosaurs.
Ocean pollution, air pollution, earth pollution.
..what..whoa..??...If I were truly selfish , I would fight for clean reusable sustainable ecosystems..?!?...STOP PLAYING WITH MY HEAD..!!

That can't be what ' selfish' means ..!!

Las Vegas, NV

#226516 Apr 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah......
"don't murder innocent people just because they're inconvenient"
Noice!!
<standing ovation>
...'noice'..
I'm lucky I wasn't drinking anything ....it would have shot out my nose ...!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226517 Apr 22, 2014
number four wrote:
...'noice'..
I'm lucky I wasn't drinking anything ....it would have shot out my nose ...!
Oh shit, I hate to be responsible for the waste of any good liquor....

Las Vegas, NV

#226518 Apr 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So slavery is OK if all your options are shitty.
Again, WTF?
...Slavery is just another ill , of our fallen nature ...chaotic neutral , if you will ...calling it immoral is liken to calling MERS virus immoral , why don't men give birth ; unfair & immoral , aging immoral ..

God only asks " what kind of master will you be ? " ..or.." will you be the lazy servant ?"

You ( side note ; Is heathens really that offense ..??...It means you (worship) or put yourselves above God ...WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT ..??
..or..I could just go with 'freethinkers ...

You "freethinkers" should be thanking the ancient Israelites ...after 7 years set free , if you deflower the slave you must take her as wife , fair wage ...This is exponentially superior to what , white man did to black man ...

Las Vegas, NV

#226519 Apr 22, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are the only arguments you have dishonest ones?
I have a tiny dick ..Happy..?

Las Vegas, NV

#226520 Apr 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why didn't we enslave the Iraqis?
..OH.! I love your youthful exuberance and well placed patriotism ...

....But....?

I don't think ' we ' won ...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#226521 Apr 22, 2014
Recently,

A Washington, D.C.-based secular organization has filed a lawsuit against the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance.

The American Humanist Association announced Monday that a New Jersey school district will be the latest entity sued over the two words.

By Michael Gryboski, Christian Post Reporter
April 22, 2014|9:58 am

----------

Previously,

On March 11, 2010, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit upheld the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance in the case of Newdow v. Rio Linda Union School District. In a 2–1 decision, the appellate court ruled that the words were of a "ceremonial and patriotic nature" and did not constitute an establishment of religion. Wiki.
----------

I somewhat agree with the US Court of Appeals, the words of the Pledge of Allegiance doesn’t endorse a religion and is patriotic by nature. But on the other hand I wouldn’t want the Pledge to say “Under Allah.”

The Pledge of Allegiance of the United States Flag has remained unchanged for 60 years.

I would prefer it not change but if the courts decide to change it I would be ok with the 1924 version which is as follows.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one Nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."
Eagle 12
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#226522 Apr 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assuming. In doing so, you rendered this debate pointless. I will not sit here and argue with some fool that thinks DNA didn't exist until it was discovered.
Ha Ha, Too funny, and you're assuming that your God thing exists, so any conversation about God is also pointless, see how that works?

Being a dishonest liar certainly fits within the Christian mold. I have challenged you a number of times to show the post were I said exactly that, that "DNA did not exist until it was discovered." Never said those words you lying assclown.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#226523 Apr 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you have a charlie horse in your sphincter?
SMirk.
Always the sick sexuality with you, I don't suppose we can expect much else from a freak of nature!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min harmonious 1,115,535
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 16 min The ADELAIDEAN 347
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr STO 305,851
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,597
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr Obskeptic 1,134
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 29 El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE