Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258473 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#226845 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What about the other on? WTF is the "other on?" See what I mean about intelligence levels? Did you perhaps mean "the other ONE? Yes, one is spelled with a E and the end of on. Glad I could help!!!
What's real funny about your post up ^there^ is that >YOU< made that spelling error Einstein. The other poster was making light of your mistake in your post to which he responded.
<rolls eyes>
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#226846 Apr 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"Scoff, scoff."
The only thing of substance you bring is phlem.
Smirk.
You still can't do human. Check.

Location hidden

#226847 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The joke's on you, dumbass....
"blacklagoon wrote:
Wrong again dipshit, on of these churches was a baptists church"
There ya go, Mr. HigherIntelligenceLevel.
Yep.
<nods in agreement>
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#226848 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>You're not anonymous. Topix is tracking your presence. Your lies are documented.
I still want to know which construction equipment sales company operates on Easter Sunday. You never know when you need a backhoe.
Did you see the post where he said "you'll be seeing less and less of me", whereupon his posting *****increased***** 25%.

Quite a feat that is, entirely cutting out posting on the employer's dime and managing that kind of increase.

Speaks volumes also about how fulfilled and joyous he is about his life........

Location hidden

#226849 Apr 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
That is wonderful news.
Too bad the facts in evidence do not support the conclusion huh.
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#226850 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

To say a book was written for those who can't read or write is just as dumb as having braille on our ATM machines. Maybe IANS had a part in that...
Automatic Teller Machine machines? Do you also say VIN number.

You're not even bright enough to get the joke right. Braille on ATMs makes perfect sense. Accommodating a handicap is the human thing to do. The joke was about Braille on drive-through ATMs. You left off the part that makes somewhat of a point. Of course, it ignores the fact that the manufacturer is not going to tool molds for two different types of buttons.

Why do you find this incessant need to make a fool of yourself in a public forum.

Location hidden

#226851 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I am certainly more intelligent than someone who believes Satan is floating around causing evil things to happen. More intelligent that someone who thinks there is NO slavery in the bible, that these "slaves" were really only SERVANTS!!!! ROTFLMAO. And more intelligent than someone who believes a magical being scooped up and handful of dirt, blew on it and out popped a fully formed human male.
So until you get rid of your ridiculous beliefs that most children would laugh at, lets not talk about intelligence levels.
" And more intelligent than someone who believes a magical being scooped up and handful of dirt, blew on it and out popped a fully formed human male"
Interesting.
You just described the big bang theory and evolution all in one, with the only difference being how much time was involved in going from dirt to human.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226852 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Clarifying what someone said, is by no means an approval or "acceptance" of what was said. It is simply a clarification.
Do you find it acceptable that all living things die? Do you not find for one moment that fact to be absolutely insane?
Grow up.
Yes, I find it totally acceptable that all living things die. Everything that is part of the cosmos also eventually dies in one way or another, why should I be so arrogant, like believers, to think that somehow I am different?

Do you think NOT accepting death as part of life is a rational position?
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#226853 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
<nods in agreement>
Agreeing with RR is a zero sum game.

“The Bible is no science book”

Location hidden

#226854 Apr 24, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Although I'm usually not an unkind or vulgar person, this one woman in my past really got under my skin. She was probably the tightest, stingiest human I've ever met. I finally had enough of her, and said "If your vagina is as tight as your purse, you couldn't get a toothpick in it with a sledgehammer."
Amazingly, she thought I was giving her a compliment!
Then you know exactly the kind of person I`m talking about. "Anal retentive" doesn't quite describe some people.

I imagine she would think it was a compliment. I bet Kimar thinks I complimented him too.
Ha Ha.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226855 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll wager and push in my whole pile, that you supported Nancy Pelosi's claim that in order to find out what was in the ACA we need to pass it first.
And you find that concept acceptable? You don't for one moment find such a position absolutely insane?
I don't do politics so I have no idea what you're talking about. Not even sure who Nancy Pelosi is.

I don't do politics because I believe they are all dishonest. Always have been and most likely always will be. I accept the dysfunction, the dishonesty, to back room deals, as part of the process. Therefore I pay little or no attention to politics in general.

Location hidden

#226856 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>But, but, but Aquarius said he wasn't advocating suicide. Thank you for demonstrating that he was.
Saying something can be accomplished in a certain way is in no way advocating that it should be done.
You one dimensional thinkers and liars are a real hoot.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226857 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"High country"? In New Jersey?
You call 1,800 feet the high country?
<rolls eyes>
A four foot hight hill in a totally flat desert is "high ground" You need to look up the word "relative" and apply it!!
Thunderstein

Sylacauga, AL

#226858 Apr 24, 2014
discocrisco wrote:
Maybe, the Christians got it right on the God thing. What they didn't know that is there is intelligent life right and God manifested himself in another way than us.
And there is millions of our civilizations among this universe and millions of ways God revealed himslf to them
But see it was none of business to know how he did it. It is beyond our feeble little minds. Us humans think we are terminally unique. Guess what. We are not. We are little specks in the infinite, large cosmos.
Does this help to explain why atheists are such deplorable and hateful people? Or is their Satan mostly responsible? I blame the latter.

Location hidden

#226859 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>The hair isn't moving, moron, the scalp is.
Wow, just wow. You were just crowing about how intellectual you are and you come up with this craziness. EM influences? Haha.
Skin crawling is an idiom, idiot. It is not a valid description of the vestigial actions of the autonomic nervous system. Anserina is a vestigial reflex, an antecedent of evolution, back before tiny-dicked Christians had guns to make them feel tougher. The arrector pili muscles contract, you know, like the cardiomyocytes, as a response to fight or flight. Fight or flight, by the way, is the best refutation of this imaginary free will concept you twits came up with to explain bad things happening.
Why does your heart beat? Angels, I tell ya! No, wait, magnets. Yeah, magnets.
Seek help, Trog.
What causes that reaction when there is no "empirical evidence" readily apparent?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226860 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
And what would that "ONLY one" kind of evidence be Einstein?
What "ONLY one" evidence would you accept as being "real"?
Something is either real or it's not. The ONLY way to make that determination is through SCIENCE!!! If you know of any other way to make that determination, I would love to hear it.

“The Bible is no science book”

Location hidden

#226861 Apr 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.I agree with "RiverSideRedneck" , Stars and I ....I'm mostly water ...( are they )..?
"cosmos" is a good program , but that you based your entire philosophy on a T.V. program ..
Can , you...read...?
Water is hydrogen and oxygen, so what is the problem? Still in the top five.

Location hidden

#226862 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>The hair isn't moving, moron, the scalp is.
BTW Einstein, the movement of the scalp has nothing to do with the hair on one's arms, legs, back, and neck. Furthermore, the hair does in fact move. What causes it to move is another story.
What causes the reflexive action in the first place when there is no apparent "empirical evidence" to which an entity would need react in defense?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226863 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
I don't know, hypocrite. He didn't try to make an excuse for his typo as you did.
I didn't make a typo, I was making fun of Mr. HigherIntelligenceLevel, blacklagoon, showing his self-proclaimed higher intelligence is nonexistent.

The fact that I have to explain it to you shows that you're self-proclaimed higher intelligence is also nonexistent.

"blacklagoon wrote:
Wrong again dipshit, on of these churches was a baptists church"
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226864 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"that the "Faith" of it's members had vanished."
Incorrect. That for sale sign only means that one particular church building is no longer a "church", and that is ALL it means.
One would need to know each and every person that was a member before the for sale sign was erected, in order to make the claim you just did.
Like I said, most folks who leave one church for whatever reason, usually find another one that "feels" better to them.
You make judgments and conclusions based on facts not in evidence. The ONLY fact you have in evidence is a simple for sale sign.
Grow up and face reality.
Ahhh, you're doing the dance of the desperate Christian, looking for any excuse or cause besides the obvious one. Thats ok, I've dealt with this rationale before. "It couldn't possibly have been because they lost their faith, there MUST be an alternative reason"

Don't you think its possible that these people simply saw the absurdity of accepting a bronze age mentality, of accepting a mythical being? Isn't it possible that they actually read their bible and found this God to be completely immoral and cruel? Maybe the fact that this being murders innocent little babies and destroys fetuses, maybe for some, this was the last straw.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min My New Alias RULES 1,521,736
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Susanm 313,951
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr As pharts 32,915
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
More from around the web