Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258478 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#226814 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>What are the five things the a Riverside Easter Bunny gathers to have sex with Kimare, Alex?
Wow, making fun of a person's handicap.
More of the moral hypocrisy of 'rational atheist' oxymorons.
I'm in your head.
Smile.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#226815 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Siri mess up blacklagoon's?
"blacklagoon wrote:
Wrong again dipshit, on of these churches was a baptists church"
I don't know, hypocrite. He didn't try to make an excuse for his typo as you did.

Divinity Surgeon is right. If you are using Siri to post, those around you must consider you absolutely batty. At least that is consistent with your persona on Topix.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#226816 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I KNOW for a fact that they never "outgrew" their building, just the opposite, people over time just stopped coming. The last sunday before they went belly up, they had 5 people for a Sunday service. People just decided that bronze age childish superstitious beliefs were embarrassing.
Since it is a known fact that Atheists display greater intelligence levels than Theists, rational thought, reason, logic, and skepticism, are very desirable traits possessed by all true Atheist's, so there is no oxymoron here, the mistake is all yours. He smiles down at the delusional child!!
You are ... at best ... a one tool explorer.
Your logic and reason are as incapable of "discovering" what is, as a Model T would be incapable of driving to Alpha Centauri. And make no mistake, a Model T is a fine automobile ... of it's time.

Your attempt to find what dwells in the spirit world using inadequate and inappropriate tools is akin to emptying Lake Superior with a dinner fork.
The truth is that all those who take up your position and stance are in reality taking up a very lazy position. You pick one tool from a variety of tools available to a human, and use it improperly in a task which it is incapable of performing, and then conclude that what you set out to find, is non-existent.
You intentionally blind fools crack me up. You think you have gone the last mile in a search which you failed to even embark upon.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226817 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yeah, NEATO!
That's the theory today, who knows what it will be in 50 years......
<quoted text>
Oh.
You know, spontaneous generation was a FACT for nearly 2000 years.
Then it was proven not to be a FACT.
Go figure
2,000 years, huh? Pulling numbers from your ass again.

It used to be forbidden for churches to install lightning rods. It was considered a true lack of faith. Well, churches are certainly targets for what is now known as a natural phenomenon and not caused by deities. As they began to burn down, from lightning, there was a reversal in policy.

What cracks me up most about you, and the reasons are legion, is that despite how often the explanations in the Bible are proven as wrong, you cling to it like a fat kid and a bag of Doritos all while making comments like the one above how knowledge changes things.

It's a conundrum of epic proportions.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226818 Apr 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in your head.
Smile.
Which handicap would that be, the Riverside Easter Bunny's willfull ignorance or your obvious mental illness.

Here's a dare for you. Try to sound human in at least one post. Go ahead. I dare you.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226819 Apr 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then explain how the Alien accurately predicted the Jewish culture.
No alien ever predicted anything. Even to say that aliens exist you need evidence, not hearsay, not your f--ked up opinion, real scientific evidence. Then your work has just begun, you now have to show scientific evidence that Aliens existed at that time in history, that they could easily converse with humans, and then evidence that they predicted anything.

You have your work cut out for you, remember scientific evidence is the only acceptable form of evidence. It actually the ONLY method in determining if something is real, or if something actually happened in the past.

So you just can't make shit up here, you can't INTERPRET what you think happened, you have to supply demonstrable evidence. Ready.......Set.......GO!!!

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#226820 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great, but I don't know why you would bring that up with me because I don't believe that Satan causes anything to happen, either.
There's the pedantry, once again.

Satan doesn't "cause" anything to happen, you say--there's your technicality, your pedantic "gotcha".

But Satan exists today, in your view, no?

And he has influence on people, no?

And people's morals have declined on account of Satan's influence, no?

I would think that qualifies as "causation."

But you insist on being a pedant.

You do understand, don't you, that pedantry is dishonesty?

Location hidden

#226821 Apr 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogs growling at unseen thingies.
Your hair standing up on the back of your neck with nothing in sight.
Quite natural.
And very much real.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226822 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"High country"? In New Jersey?
You call 1,800 feet the high country?
<rolls eyes>
It is when most of the state is at sea level. You left off 2 feet.

It is an official designation, by the way.

http://www.njhighlandscoalition.org/HTML/high...

When you roll your eyes like that, you risk tilt.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226823 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No alien ever predicted anything. Even to say that aliens exist you need evidence, not hearsay, not your f--ked up opinion, real scientific evidence. Then your work has just begun, you now have to show scientific evidence that Aliens existed at that time in history, that they could easily converse with humans, and then evidence that they predicted anything.
You have your work cut out for you, remember scientific evidence is the only acceptable form of evidence. It actually the ONLY method in determining if something is real, or if something actually happened in the past.
So you just can't make shit up here, you can't INTERPRET what you think happened, you have to supply demonstrable evidence. Ready.......Set.......GO!!!
I realize Kimare is insane and inhuman, but you misinterpreted his assertion. He is asserting that the Bible accurately predicted Jewish culture. Of course, that assertion is laughable as well.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226824 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
And very much real.
And not caused by electromagnetism. You left out that part of his post.

Location hidden

#226825 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I don't own a TV so I have never seen Cosmos, obviously you have never watched it, or if you did you didn't understand anything that was presented.
!!!!
Interesting. You chastise someone for not understanding something which you have never experienced yourself.
Priceless.
Yep, yer an idiot.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226826 Apr 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in your head.
Smile.
You're not even in your own head.

Location hidden

#226827 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Which handicap would that be, the Riverside Easter Bunny's willfull ignorance or your obvious mental illness.
Here's a dare for you. Try to sound human in at least one post. Go ahead. I dare you.
LOL.

Look at your posts. Hell (pun), look at your picture!

You still are attempting to judge others while holding yourself unaccountable.

Like ii said, a vulgar, reprobate punk.

Smile.

Location hidden

#226828 Apr 24, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true of the entire biota.
At least I am aware of no exceptions.
I know of no exceptions.
Life itself is dependent upon death. Nothing can remain alive without the death of other entities.
So what is "life"?

Location hidden

#226829 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No alien ever predicted anything. Even to say that aliens exist you need evidence, not hearsay, not your f--ked up opinion, real scientific evidence. Then your work has just begun, you now have to show scientific evidence that Aliens existed at that time in history, that they could easily converse with humans, and then evidence that they predicted anything.
I'm not the one asserting anything.

YOU claimed the Bible is a baseless fiction book. I'm simply asking you to explain the circumstances surrounding a specific event recorded in it. The account claims a extra terrestrial visitor, which I accurately note.

Um, GO!

Smirk.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#226830 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yeah, NEATO!

That's the theory today, who knows what it will be in 50 years......

Oh.

You know, spontaneous generation was a FACT for nearly 2000 years.

Then it was proven not to be a FACT.

Go figure
That's because it was wrong.

That atoms heavier than hydrogen, helium and lithium is proven fact.

You really should read a book someday.

Hell, look it up, fer Christi's sake.

Location hidden

#226831 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>I realize Kimare is insane and inhuman, but you misinterpreted his assertion. He is asserting that the Bible accurately predicted Jewish culture. Of course, that assertion is laughable as well.
"Scoff, scoff."

The only thing of substance you bring is phlem.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#226832 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what happens if I kill you, will you kill me back?
Interesting question.
Answer yourself the following question first and then address your question.
Can a death of a human currently in this life and dimension, be precipitated by a "former" human from beyond our grave?
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#226833 Apr 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one asserting anything.
YOU claimed the Bible is a baseless fiction book. I'm simply asking you to explain the circumstances surrounding a specific event recorded in it. The account claims a extra terrestrial visitor, which I accurately note.
Um, GO!
Smirk.
You're RR's sock puppet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min VetnorsGate 1,565,645
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Poster X 33,425
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr ThomasA 315,269
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sun Into The Night 11,293
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web