Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256555 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

ROCCO

Indio, CA

#226721 Apr 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The combination of ignorance, lack of education and brainwashing is devastating.
As I told Rocco the other day, when it comes to the Redneck we must abandon all hope.
He's a human Inferno.
(He also says, 1) his god touched him on the head, and 2) Satan is floating out there even now, fighting for evil and badness.)
With humility, ROCCO confesses to Counselor Catcher1: I was foolish not to follow your sage advice. ROCCO now recalls an old proverb "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." ROCCO doesn't find himself willing to be fooled, and therefore shamed, a second time.
ROCCO has concluded that the Redneck is so inordinately obsessive-compulsive that I hereby abandon any hope that Redneck has any redemptive value, other than to arouse one's morbid curiosity as does a good train wreck.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#226722 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and that was his error. IANS said that the Bible was written for the illiterate, which makes absolutely no sense.

What you say is correct, that the ministers, priests or whoever were the ones reading to Bible to the illiterate, and THAT's who the Bible was originally written for.

To say a book was written for those who can't read or write is just as dumb as having braille on our ATM machines. Maybe IANS had a part in that...
I'm pretty sure the King James Version was the first bible printed for the illiterate masses and it's what they used to learn to read.

A lot of clergy weren't happy about that.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#226723 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.

Hey, while you're reading my mind when you tell me what else I'm feeling?
Stupid.

At least you should be.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#226724 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Um..... You just said that you have "never seen Cosmos", so how can you tell me that I didn't understand what was presented? You've never seen it.
Cosmos isn't the only source of this information.

Unlike your bible.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#226725 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Um..... You just said that you have "never seen Cosmos", so how can you tell me that I didn't understand what was presented? You've never seen it.
because science most often eludes you, so I know that any science presented on Cosmos will go completely over your head.

Still waiting on your answers about the 5 primary elements that make up stars and humans.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226726 Apr 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ok with Marsden and Pitchess motions too.
Those are used in criminal cases.
Demurrers and motions to strike, not so much.
errrr..... Marsden? Pitchess? Demurrers?

I ain't speak no liar talk, now.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226727 Apr 23, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of FACT, every atom in your body heavier than hydrogen, helium and lithium was fused in the core of a star which later blew up at the end of its life and spread its "dust" which then gathered into, unfortunately, you.
Yeah, NEATO!

That's the theory today, who knows what it will be in 50 years......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226728 Apr 23, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure the King James Version was the first bible printed for the illiterate masses and it's what they used to learn to read.
A lot of clergy weren't happy about that.
Woah.

Holy shit.

I don't believe it.

You're right!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#226729 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the other on?
What about the other on? WTF is the "other on?" See what I mean about intelligence levels? Did you perhaps mean "the other ONE? Yes, one is spelled with a E and the end of on. Glad I could help!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226730 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>because science most often eludes you, so I know that any science presented on Cosmos will go completely over your head.
Still waiting on your answers about the 5 primary elements that make up stars and humans.
lol

Um....

Rubber, glue, oxen, plaster and vodka.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#226731 Apr 23, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its always been that way, and the moment its born, then bitch and complain about another mouth their tax dollars are having to feed. Along with the "deadbeat" mom and dad.
Smirkmouth has already call every one of them "sluts". I bet when he walks, his a** hole is so drawn up, you couldn't get a tooth pick up it? He thinks his sh*t doesn't stink at all, that he is perfection walking. Except for that little prance caused by his a** sucking on a lemon.
This is the man that says we have no right to judge. He is judging "slut slut slut,"
that is what he thinks women are today, sluts
. Out of his own mouth he is judging all women .
LMAO!

Although I'm usually not an unkind or vulgar person, this one woman in my past really got under my skin. She was probably the tightest, stingiest human I've ever met. I finally had enough of her, and said "If your vagina is as tight as your purse, you couldn't get a toothpick in it with a sledgehammer."

Amazingly, she thought I was giving her a compliment!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#226732 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Can't have an open flame like that. Try again.
Sure can!!! There are no firemen 10 miles out to sea. There is pretty much no one out that far at night. I know because I often sail out that far and put up for the night.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#226733 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Then why am I happy?
Posting in excess of 103 posts a day, from 5:00 a.m. until after 8:00 p.m., from work and home is a true sign of ultimate happiness.

Public service announcement forthcoming soon.

blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#226734 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Um....
Rubber, glue, oxen, plaster and vodka.
Too funny, he gives what he thinks is a humorous answer trying to deflect his ignorance.

Or could it be he really thinks this is what stars are made of?........Hummm!!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#226735 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah.
Holy shit.
I don't believe it.
You're right!
Why are you so surprised? Most Atheist's know more about what is contained in the bible than Theist's.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226736 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
What about the other on? WTF is the "other on?" See what I mean about intelligence levels? Did you perhaps mean "the other ONE? Yes, one is spelled with a E and the end of on. Glad I could help!!!
The joke's on you, dumbass....

"blacklagoon wrote:
Wrong again dipshit, on of these churches was a baptists church"

There ya go, Mr. HigherIntelligenceLevel.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226737 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you so surprised? Most Atheist's know more about what is contained in the bible than Theist's.
Yes, I've heard....

Haven't seen it, but I've heard it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226738 Apr 23, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting in excess of 103 posts a day, from 5:00 a.m. until after 8:00 p.m., from work and home is a true sign of ultimate happiness.
Public service announcement forthcoming soon.
Keeping the count of some anonymous poster's posts and keeping track of the time of day is a true sign of ultimate happiness....
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#226739 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
It is a proven fact that non-believers have a higher intelligence level that Theists look it up numbnuts!!!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"that" should be "than".
"Theists" should be "theists".
There should also be a comma after your incorrect use of the word "Theists".
You're welcome, Mr. HigherIntelligenceLevel
You're incorrect, numbnuts. There should be a period after "theists", not a comma. The "l" in "look" should then be capitalized, and a comma inserted between "up" and "numbnuts".

TO WIT:
"It is a proven fact that non-believers have a higher intelligence level than theists. Look it up, numbnuts."

Blaming "Siri" won't cut it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226740 Apr 23, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
"It is a proven fact that non-believers have a higher intelligence level than theists. Look it up, numbnuts."
Blaming "Siri" won't cut it.
That would work, too. But so does this:

"It is a proven fact that nonbelievers have a higher intelligence level than theists, look it up numbnuts"

Either way, your Topix Atheist! buddy is not a man of higher intelligence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Megan 1,418,764
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr zef 311,621
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr BFL 32,329
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 13 hr Earthling-1 10,065
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web