Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243362 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#226071 Apr 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Has anyone noticed the lack of Topix atheist participation here on this Easter morning?
They seem to be taking a break from their daily emissions of vitriol.
Perhaps they are still at sunrise services with family?
Good one, Dave !!!

High three, dude.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#226072 Apr 20, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one, Dave !!!
High three, dude.
I went to an Easter egg hunt/party this afternoon.

I bagged three eggs, each a different color.

Ate cold shrimp with cocktail sauce, and drank a Provence rose (with an accent on the e).

A good time was had by all.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#226073 Apr 20, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
They were not even written until 3 or 4 generations AFTER the alleged "events".
That's not proof-- that's an EPIC failure on the part of your godling.
Theologians tell us the gospels were written by , the men whose name appear on the cover ...

See , "Bob of Quantum-Faith" facts remains facts , no matter how much we wish them to be otherwise ...

Las Vegas, NV

#226074 Apr 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The variations in the earliest manuscripts alone proves that they were constantly manipulated. That you have several different versions of the Bible in English proves it is still going on.
Now I know , why "Riverside Redneck" asserts that yours claims of education , mere bluster ...

...FYI...The Gospels weren't written in English , we had to translate them , and some words can have more than one meaning ....it's a very difficult and tedious endeavour ..

Hmmm..??...I wonder why , you didn't know this ..??

Las Vegas, NV

#226075 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God wasn't defeated by iron chariots, the men of Judah were.
fair enough.

Las Vegas, NV

#226076 Apr 20, 2014
<quoted text>
So?
ACCORDING TO HER CULTURE-- SHE DID NOT GET TO GIVE CONSENT, REGARDLESS OF HER AGE. That was NOT hers to give-- it was reserved for her human father.
Therefore? She was RAPED according to her culture.
You are seriously stupid.
See , God isn't misogynistic ....He didn't believe Mary was the property of her father ..

Obviously , God saw ' that' culture and didn't find it just ..

I hope , you didn't seriously believe God is bound by mans laws ..ha ha ha ..
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#226077 Apr 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sport, you present nothing but the same old rhetoric put forth by groups with agendas. There is absolutely not a bit of unique perspective added to it. You are a mouthpiece, not a brain. Reading from a script pre-written for you. Your loudness in espousing it is also pre-packaged.
I will bet you fancy yourself some intellectual genius. Those that wrote the part for you even said so.
Most every non-Topix brand atheist on here exhibits some independent thought. They can think for themselves and modify the message they heard. You aren't capable of that.
You are a dud. And quite amusing in your pretensions. Perhaps it is your youth and inadequacies that got the best of you. Yes, I do try to be optimistic about people.
/quote

I see that Deluded Dave is still PROJECTING,..

Somebody put him outta his misery already!

Las Vegas, NV

#226078 Apr 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Repent of WHAT, exactly?
Having THOUGHTS?
Seriously?
You are pure evil, bub.
You sit in JUDGEMENT OF ME-- you JUDGE that I somehow DESERVE INFINITE TORTURE.
That's pure evil, bub.
And it's all on YOU.
See, you are very fortunate I do talk to ..
...pedophiles...(you)
...women abusers...(you)

So , Bobbo ...sup..?..you're kinda high sprung , you drama queen much ..?

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#226079 Apr 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the northeast. Most your fellow Klansmen are in the south.
A loving God would wipe scum like you off the face of the Earth. However, since the real God created plagues and vermin for a reason, I am willing to grant that you exist for a reason. Most likely that purpose is to serve as an example of how NOT to be human.
The KKK is all but non existent nowadays, sure there are a few. But there are way more gang bangers than the klan which you can most prob count without scratch paper.

Las Vegas, NV

#226080 Apr 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ate cold shrimp with cocktail sauce, and drank a Provence rose (with an accent on the e).
..You're a WILD MAN ...!!
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#226081 Apr 20, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>See , God isn't misogynistic ....He didn't believe Mary was the property of her father ..
Obviously , God saw ' that' culture and didn't find it just ..
I hope , you didn't seriously believe God is bound by mans laws ..ha ha ha ..
Xians life's must be real shyt to be wasting time defending actions of an IMaginary spook.

Las Vegas, NV

#226082 Apr 20, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Xians life's must be real shyt to be wasting time defending actions of an IMaginary spook.
..It's a thank-less job..

Las Vegas, NV

#226083 Apr 20, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
nah , I'm just joshing ....It's actually quite enjoyable ...God an easy guy to like ..

Las Vegas, NV

#226084 Apr 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Correct. Your imaginary god is impossible to hate.
But.
It IS possible to DESPISE THE FICTIONAL STORIES ABOUT your god.
Silly.
Oh , thanks for the clarification ...You don't really believe God is evil and torturous ..

You , just don't like how God is portrayed in the Holy Bible ....okay, I get you ..

Las Vegas, NV

#226085 Apr 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Atheists have committed 54.5 million abortions of children in our life time.
JUST IN THE USA!
God totally destroyed cultures because they committed child sacrifice.
<quoted text>
It is interesting that there is no prophecy that identifies the USA in the end times...
However, it is highly hypocritical for 'rational atheist' oxymorons to judge God for destroying cultures that sacrifice children...
...I thought " The Fall of the Roman Empire" would herald the beginning of the End ..

Isn't our Great Nation , the new Roman Empire ..???

Las Vegas, NV

#226086 Apr 20, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How does religion handle it when their millenia-old texts turn out to be wrong on issues such as slavery, racism, misogyny, and homophobia?
Simple ,we blame the Jews ...(it's okay they're used to it , they're surprisingly good sports ..!)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#226087 Apr 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mia and I went to church and then participated in the Easter egg hunt. One little girl came up to me and pointed in the direction of my missing leg and said, "Did you get a boo boo too?" She held up her finger which had a Band-Aid on it.

How fuckincute is that?

After that Mia and I drove to Mystic and went underwear shopping at Frederick's.

A good day, yes?

Las Vegas, NV

#226088 Apr 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
One night I was fishing on the beach and had caught a fish I laid down in the seaweed I was sitting on while I continued fishing. It was about a two pounder. A couple of hours later I discovered it was hollowed out by the bugs in the same seaweed I was sitting in.
Heavy smoking makes you less tasty to bugs. I hate bugs.
I used to be a varmint caller. I've had several predators run up to me looking for a bite to eat. Even got rabies shots because of one. Can be a very exciting past time before light and after dark. Sitting down and buttoned up in my dark green fatigues with just my blond hair exposed in very dim light. They couldn't believe I wasn't a rabbit. Ever smell the breath of a coyote running full speed?
Nah , I'm too delicate for these kinds of endeavours ...my closest brush with death from the untamed wild , a f**king seagull stole my chicken leg ..

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#226089 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah thanks, I'm still correct.
Wrote the most incorrect moron without a chimpanzee avatar, ever.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#226090 Apr 21, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Oh , thanks for the clarification ...You don't really believe God is evil and torturous ..
You , just don't like how God is portrayed in the Holy Bible ....okay, I get you ..
That's called being normal. Something you and your fellow godbots totally don't get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min woodtick57 1,251,703
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 1 hr Quantummist 1,651
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr tom wingo 29,828
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr IBdaMann 6,266
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Thu Fartman 24
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 30 KeS 201,820
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... Jun 28 tom wingo 5
More from around the web