Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#226236 Apr 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to swallow than to spill. Spilling seed is murder.
Your post reminds me of a joke.

Two sperms were swimming as fast as they could.

One of them said to the other, "I'm exhausted and don't know how much longer I can keep swimming. How much further to the fallopian tubes?"

The second sperm replied, "Keep swimming, pal, we have a long way to go. We barely just passed the tonsils."

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#226237 Apr 21, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Got a song for ya Shite. It is a song by slaves about liberation. Slave liberation!!!! From the Old Testament!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Down_Moses
The song was written just before the civil war. Not by the people from the old testament.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#226238 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Divinity Surgeon wrote:

Where's the love from the jesus! god(?)?
Where?

LMMFAO!

And you knucklehead say intelligence leads to atheism.....
*Knuckleheads*

You're welcome.

Location hidden

#226239 Apr 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it was OK for the Jews to have slaves, but not be slaves themselves. Hows that for blatant hypocrisy?
It's the bible, hypocrisy is a given.

Location hidden

#226240 Apr 21, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Unproven accusations are as worthless as those who make them.

And there’s no shortage of worthless unproven accusations.

As there’s no shortage of those who make them.[tipping hat]
You spelled beliefs wrong.

Unproven beliefs..

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#226241 Apr 21, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Refusing to believe the Jewish people were slaves is a endorsement of Anti-Semitism. Just like the former Iraq President refused to believe in the Holocaust. Both cases are historical events.

You can’t build 180 Pyramids in ancient Egypt without slave labor. No society could afford that kind of tax burden. Slavery is still in our modern society. But because it happened to the Jews you refuse to believe it.
I've read that the people who built the pyramids were well paid.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#226242 Apr 21, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob,
I guess you think those 180 Pyramids in Egypt built themselves. Incredible.
Current archeology says they were built by paid workers-- Egyptians.

And there is **nothing** that supports Israelites **ever** living in Egypt-- ever.

That whole bible-thing is just made-up.

More to the point? Your bible is not old enough-- it's oldest story is about 500 BCE.

That's long after the pyramids, silly boy.

Location hidden

#226243 Apr 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>No, it didn't. In fact, while I still belonged to a Pentecostal church I was going to voluntarily go to a retreat called Desert Springs Ministries to give up being gay, thinking it was the right thing to do, but my parents stepped in and sat me down and talked me out if it.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. You are dishonest and ignore the teachings of Jesus.
I like your parents. None of them have a clue what any of us have experienced, learnt and witnessed.

I like seeing more and more people stand up to the christian religion and its bleaters.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#226244 Apr 21, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Ingers...
Robert_G._Ingersoll
After the war, he served as Illinois Attorney General. He was a prominent member of the Republican Party and, though he never held an elected position, he was nonetheless an active participant in politics. According to Robert Nisbet, Ingersoll was a "staunch conservative Republican."[6] His speech nominating James G. Blaine for the 1876 presidential election was unsuccessful, as Rutherford B. Hayes received the Republican nomination, but the speech itself, known as the "Plumed Knight" speech, was considered a model of political oratory.
Back when the Republicans were still a responsible, middle-of-the-road party.

You know: before Reagan sold it out to the Genuine Christholes-- before all the insanity.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#226245 Apr 21, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Ingers...
Robert_G._Ingersoll
After the war, he served as Illinois Attorney General. He was a prominent member of the Republican Party and, though he never held an elected position, he was nonetheless an active participant in politics. According to Robert Nisbet, Ingersoll was a "staunch conservative Republican."[6] His speech nominating James G. Blaine for the 1876 presidential election was unsuccessful, as Rutherford B. Hayes received the Republican nomination, but the speech itself, known as the "Plumed Knight" speech, was considered a model of political oratory.
Today?

The ReThugs would have kicked Ingersoll out--- he **was** an atheist, after all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#226246 Apr 21, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a slave song for you by slaves about slave liberation from the Old Testament.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Down_Moses
Go Down Moses
Moses never existed, sorry.

He is 100% fictional, entirely made-up.

Nothing in actual **real** history supports the existence of Moses.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#226247 Apr 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>You are simply (I mean that both ways) being obstinate.

Most primitive cultures utilized slavery. As they develop, other methods of dealing with the situations are used. In fact, Christianity introduced that change.

You keep trying to condemn an ancient, defunct practice while excusing the murder of children for convenience. That's both depraved and perverted, not to mention hypocritical!
Who's excusing the murder of children for ANY reason.

You are a liar.

Location hidden

#226248 Apr 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your post reminds me of a joke.

Two sperms were swimming as fast as they could.

One of them said to the other, "I'm exhausted and don't know how much longer I can keep swimming. How much further to the fallopian tubes?"

The second sperm replied, "Keep swimming, pal, we have a long way to go. We barely just passed the tonsils."
Lol.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#226249 Apr 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"We have heard talk enough. We have listened to all the drowsy, idealess, vapid sermons that we wish to hear. We have read your Bible and the works of your best minds. We have heard your prayers, your solemn groans and your reverential amens. All these amount to less than nothing. We want one fact. We beg at the doors of your churches for just one little fact. We pass our hats along your pews and under your pulpits and implore you for just one fact. We know all about your mouldy wonders and your stale miracles. We want a this year's fact. We ask only one. Give us one fact for charity. Your miracles are too ancient. The witnesses have been dead for nearly two thousand years." Robert Green Ingersoll, "The Gods" (1872)
Yep. Atheist.

Today's ReThuglican party would have kicked him out... just for that, alone.

But also because Intersoll told the actual truth....
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#226250 Apr 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"We have heard talk enough. We have listened to all the drowsy, idealess, vapid sermons that we wish to hear. We have read your Bible and the works of your best minds. We have heard your prayers, your solemn groans and your reverential amens. All these amount to less than nothing. We want one fact. We beg at the doors of your churches for just one little fact. We pass our hats along your pews and under your pulpits and implore you for just one fact. We know all about your mouldy wonders and your stale miracles. We want a this year's fact. We ask only one. Give us one fact for charity. Your miracles are too ancient. The witnesses have been dead for nearly two thousand years." Robert Green Ingersoll, "The Gods" (1872)
My wife was in tv Sat night sharing her testimon, that's a fact.. The one bigots like you hate.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#226251 Apr 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave has a similar effect to Tracy Chapman's music.
LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#226252 Apr 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never condoned murdering children. But the Bible does. Why don't you condemn the infanticide in the Bible? Hypocrite.
Exactly.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#226253 Apr 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the bible, hypocrisy is a given.
Yep.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#226254 Apr 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Dave has a similar effect to Tracy Chapman's music.
Oh come on.

I like Tracy Chapman.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#226255 Apr 21, 2014
Testimony. Hate the iPhone..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min OBAMANATION 1,680,686
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 15 min June VanDerMark 325,987
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 12,040
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat I Need U 35,345
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec 23 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web