Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
216,881 - 216,900 of 225,533 Comments Last updated 23 min ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
She admits she worships a b*astard-god though.
That's progress.
Correct according to the Bible.
Jesus was conceived by rape and out of wedlock from an adulterous union.

Great mythology, lousy morals. Just like the Greek and Roman mythologies it was created from.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow they think "Hey little girl, I'm going to get you pregnant." is perfectly acceptable behavior. Explains a lot about how evil they are at heart.
Yes it does-- and in at least one of the biblical stories?

Mary was told **AFTER** she was already pregnant...

... uggg...

Angel-of-gawd: "Oh, by the way Mary? You are so knocked up. But don't worry-- god's the baby-daddy, so it's all good. Right?"

Mary: "whaaaaaat?"

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, RR. We forgot you never read the Bible.
"When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost."
So, according to your religion, God got a virgin pregnant. Not only that, it wa adultery as well since she was engaged to another man at the time.
Yep.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
You are projecting your own filth onto others here.
I do not hate your god-- I do not think your god is real.
I do not hate your church-- I despise it's actions.
I'm against all forms of slavery-- and you make **excuses** for most of it instead.
You disgust me.
It is difficult to hate Voldemort, ain't it ?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct according to the Bible.
Jesus was conceived by rape and out of wedlock from an adulterous union.
Great mythology, lousy morals. Just like the Greek and Roman mythologies it was created from.
Among the 100's of laws in the OT? Are the ones where b*astards are never to be allowed into the "holy of hollies" in the Temple-- as apparently bible-god cannot stand to be next to one.

Neither can anyone who's lost a body-part, such as an eye and whatnot.

Of course, loosing foreskins is a must, as bible-god collects them and must turn them in for coupons or something.

... it's a silly religion-- if only it wasn't so wide-spread.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

If these Christians "prove" any deity exists, it is the one they call Satan.
What other deity of theirs demands lies, hate, bloodshed and blind obedience from its worshipers ?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is difficult to hate Voldemort, ain't it ?
Indeed. About as much as I fear running into Godzilla if ever I should visit Japan.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes it does-- and in at least one of the biblical stories?
Mary was told **AFTER** she was already pregnant...
... uggg...
Angel-of-gawd: "Oh, by the way Mary? You are so knocked up. But don't worry-- god's the baby-daddy, so it's all good. Right?"
Mary: "whaaaaaat?"
"BTW little girl, while you were napping......"

Such a wonderful deity! NOT!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, RR. We forgot you never read the Bible.
"When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost."
So, according to your religion, God got a virgin pregnant. Not only that, it wa adultery as well since she was engaged to another man at the time.
Yes, yes, yes. But you did not provide the scripture I asked for.

You made the claim that Mary was raped by God, please supply the scripture for THAT.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

<quoted text>I do not talk to pedophiles (you)
I do not talk to beaters of women either (again, you)
All you are is 100% stupid-speak.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..two things ; Have you never gazed into the night sky , does Atheism really satisfy your thirst know ..?
2) This vitriol ..it's inexplicable ,( you're not a Drill Instructor , because that would make sense ..that's how they talk ..)
Vitriol? Weird.

Why would atheism satisfy a thirst. Theism doesn't satisfy thirsts, either. Plugging a god into knowledge gaps or dreaming of an afterlife prom date with a zombie Jew are useless exercises.

The quest for knowledge satisfies my thirst. There is no knowledge to be found in the Bible in 2014.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> To quote you.....<quoted text> That is claiming an objective moral standard.
What you are doing is assuming a worst case scenario when it comes to arranged marriages as depicted in the Old and was a universal practice. Procreation was of extreme importance to the ancients. It meant survival. In the Old foreign females were given a month and if a man desired her for a wife and he took her into her tent then it meant she was his wife which was an elevation in status. You seem to ignore their circumstances were totally different then ours. They did not take their survival for granted nor did they live in relative luxury.
With the Israelites all that came back on them when their countries was overtaken and everyone was dragged off into slavery. There was massive rapes, killings, and slavery.[Lamentations] Esther ends up in the harem of the uncircumcised King. This King destroyed her country, killed off her people, I think she had one surviving uncle left. She forfeited her virginity to the pagan king. Under the circumstances she was happy to do it.
That is not claiming an objective moral standard. Those are the standards which we have today, but you live in a past where it was somehow okay. That is the definition of subjectivity. Why is this so confusing to you. Besides, your deity sanctions murder, beatings, and slavery so you can't claim an objective moral standard that prevents those.

How do you know she was happy to do it? Were you there? You sicken me with your phantasmagorical fantasies and your laughable attempts to apologize for the things we consider heinous today that were just another day at the office for your invisible friend. Christianity has destroyed you.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably the envy of some people. Your postings evince you will have a youthful outlook in this life, right around age fifteen, until you die of old age, if not sooner.
How did you do it?
I understand. You have no rebuttal. Your drivel is tired, washed up shtick, Schmenge.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You call us obsessive? A innocent man is tortured and killed over several hours. Then remembered for his sacrifice. And because we give honor to whom honor is due we are accused of being obsessed?
I guess anyone who ever died for any cause would be cause for you to say we are obsessive with death and sex?
How about these examples?
September 15, 1963 · Birmingham, Alabama Church Bombed killing four young girls, Addie Mae Collins, Denise McNair, Carole Robertson and Cynthia Wesley
June 21, 1964 · Philadelphia, Mississippi
James Earl Chaney, Andrew Goodman and Michael Henry Schwerner, young civil rights workers, were arrested by a deputy sheriff and then released into the hands of Klansmen who had plotted their murders. They were shot, and their bodies were buried in an earthen dam.
April 4, 1968 · Memphis, Tennessee
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a Baptist minister, was a major architect of the Civil Rights Movement. He led and inspired major non-violent desegregation campaigns, including those in Montgomery and Birmingham. He won the Nobel peace prize. He was assassinated as he prepared to lead a demonstration in Memphis.
Then we as a country remember the sacrifices of our dead soldiers on Memorial Day. Honoring all of our dead from the American Revolution until now. I guess in your opinion we are obsessed with death and sex on this occasion too?
In case you don’t get the picture I’m framing here. You Sir are obsessed with walking on the blood of those who sacrificed for you. It is you Sir who is obsessed with blatant disrespect for country and cause.
He got better, remember? A billion years of godding, a few days of torture, and then a billion years of godding is no sacrifice. It wouldn't even register as a remembrance.

All those people were killed by Christians.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

No Shiite wrote:
That is not claiming an objective moral standard.
This is your quote. Shite....It could get you to do anything, like rape or slavery, despite how wrong they actually are.
----------
That is claiming an objective moral standard which you have obviously applied to all places at all times. If you write slavery was wrong 3000 or so years ago then you are declaring an objective moral standard with no objective basis to do so. Words mean things and this is not Humpty Dumpty land where words mean what you want them to mean.
Those are the standards which we have today, but you live in a past where it was somehow okay. That is the definition of subjectivity. Why is this so confusing to you. Besides, your deity sanctions murder, beatings, and slavery so you can't claim an objective moral standard that prevents those.
The problem is not with the Deity. See quote below from RR.

----------
The technique used in this example is one that is very common in today's 'sound bite' world. What it does it pull a 'law' from the Old Testament without any Biblical or cultural context, and then use the shock of the verse (without context) to dismiss the authority and integrity of the Bible.
----------

You accuse God of somehow sanctioning murder beatings and slavery and you don't believe that God to exist in the first place. All you have is wild accusations void of any historical, cultural or biblical context. Besides all that you have no objective reference point to declare anything right or wrong.
How do you know she was happy to do it? Were you there?
Read the book of Esther. There is the prayer of Esther which is included in the New American Bible but does not appear in non Catholic Bibles.

http://www.usccb.org/bible/esther/estherc.htm (shortened for space)

22“Lord, do not relinquish your scepter to those who are nothing. Do not let our foes gloat over our ruin, but turn their own counsel against them and make an example of the one who began this against us. 23Be mindful of us, Lord. Make yourself known in the time of our distress and give me courage, King of gods and Ruler of every power. 24Put in my mouth persuasive words in the presence of the lion, and turn his heart to hatred for our enemy, so that he and his co-conspirators may perish. 25Save us by your power, and help me, who am alone and have no one but you, Lord.

26“You know all things. You know that I hate the pomp of the lawless, and abhor the bed of the uncircumcised or of any foreigner. 27You know that I am under constraint, that I abhor the sign of grandeur that rests on my head when I appear in public. I abhor it like a polluted rag, and do not wear it in private. 28I, your servant, have never eaten at the table of Haman, nor have I graced the banquet of the king or drunk the wine of libations.* 29From the day I was brought here till now, your servant has had no joy except in you, Lord, God of Abraham. 30O God, whose power is over all, hear the voice of those in despair. Save us from the power of the wicked, and deliver me from my fear.”
You sicken me with your phantasmagorical fantasies and your laughable attempts to apologize for the things we consider heinous today that were just another day at the office for your invisible friend. Christianity has destroyed you.
You should be sickened by your own ignorance combined with your hatred. You are not even man enough to admit you are wrong. I am not your problem. Your illogical commitment to your atheism has caused you to submit to absurdity> peaceful coexistence of logical contradiction and you think i am your problem? I sicken you? Dude the damage was done long before i came into the picture.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang, when did this thread switch to a civil rights thread? Besides, all those clansmen would tell you that they were law abiding, Christian upholdin men.
A cold blooded racist murder is a murder no matter what they say.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>He got better, remember? A billion years of godding, a few days of torture, and then a billion years of godding is no sacrifice. It wouldn't even register as a remembrance.
All those people were killed by Christians.
Random Access Babbling - RAM
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Random Access Babbling - RAB
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

<quoted text>
You are projecting your own filth onto others here.
I do not hate your god-- I do not think your god is real.
I do not hate your church-- I despise it's actions.
I'm against all forms of slavery-- and you make **excuses** for most of it instead.
You disgust me.
"I do not hate your god."

Your fingers are crossed Bob.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

Judged:

No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>I understand. You have no rebuttal. Your drivel is tired, washed up shtick, Schmenge.
Sport, you present nothing but the same old rhetoric put forth by groups with agendas. There is absolutely not a bit of unique perspective added to it. You are a mouthpiece, not a brain. Reading from a script pre-written for you. Your loudness in espousing it is also pre-packaged.

I will bet you fancy yourself some intellectual genius. Those that wrote the part for you even said so.

Most every non-Topix brand atheist on here exhibits some independent thought. They can think for themselves and modify the message they heard. You aren't capable of that.

You are a dud. And quite amusing in your pretensions. Perhaps it is your youth and inadequacies that got the best of you. Yes, I do try to be optimistic about people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,095,101
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 16 hr RICK SERVICE 28
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr Bruin For Life 26,952
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon godless by choice 305,378
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••