Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255236 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#225685 Apr 19, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! i've always liked you, Rosa; it's too bad that you're taking your prejudice against men on me:-(
i'd like to have a good 'talk' with your dad for the maladjustment, if there even was one in your life
Leave my father out of it. He was a better man than you'll ever be...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#225686 Apr 19, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Describe the exact nature of your god and I will handily disprove it. I have yet to have one theist respond to this challenge.
..You give yourself too much credit , you haven't caused one theist to reject religion in your entire life time ..

...and , now you believe you could do it in a mere handful of pixels ...

Should I laugh , or pity you ..?

Las Vegas, NV

#225687 Apr 19, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again it's safe to say that most atheist know more about your Bible than Christians including the apologists.
Repent from what ?
I wasn't born into sin nor were you.
How about that wife of JC?
Did he consummate his marriage and if so where is the brat?
No Forgery Evidence Seen in "Gospel of Jesus's Wife" Papyrus
Scientists find no evidence of fakery in an ancient papyrus scrap saying that Jesus had a wife.
The papyrus fragment is owned by an unnamed private collector, with bills of sale going back only to 1999.
Dan Vergano
National Geographic
PUBLISHED APRIL 10, 2014
Did Jesus have a wife? A controversial papyrus scrap making that suggestion dates to the eighth century A.D., assert a series of just-released scientific reports, which may point to earlier Christian beliefs.
Announced at a 2012 conference in Rome by the Harvard Divinity School's Karen King, the "Gospel of Jesus's Wife"—a scrap of papyrus with Coptic writing—contained some intriguing lines.(Related: "Jesus May Have Had a Wife, Ancient Text Suggests.")
The words "Jesus said to them, My wife ... she is able to be my disciple ..." are written on the center of the fragment. Initially dated by King to the fourth century, the message from the past resonated with ongoing debates about the role of women in Christianity, as well as echoing themes from Dan Brown's popular thriller, The Da Vinci Code.
The claim also attracted skepticism from religious scholars, who saw the fragment as a likely forgery.
But in the series of reports released by the Harvard Theological Review, various experts report analyses of the chemistry and ancient handwriting of the fragment.
They conclude that the fragment's ink is consistent with ancient inks and that its papyrus fibers date from the seventh to eighth centuries.
I wonder what he bought her for Valentine's Day?
A few extra communion wafers and a glass of wine?
I hope his wife was at least older than the nine-year-old Mohammed it picked up!
Oh my Heavens ....you're so stupid ...Being a man of the cloth , must be very lonely at times , If there were evidence Jesus took a spouse .....celibacy .... would , be abolished faster than you can put away a whole bag of Doritos ...( and , you're a fatso ...so , that's pretty dang fast ..)

Las Vegas, NV

#225688 Apr 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love the way you think that you speak for me – honey, do not imply, do not think, do not insinuate. It just makes you look foolish.
Nope I am saying as you should fully comprehend if you were not a few sandwiches short of a picnic that those 4 (FOUR) people I mentioned had religious upbringing.
A child’s education has lifelong effects on the individual, or do you not agree?
As for atheism being involved, Both Stalin and Hitler were christian to their death. Stalin may have strayed from his christian roots for a handful of years but that in no way made him atheists. As for Buddhism, can you imagine the sort of horror that turns a Buddhist into a murdering despot? Nope not atheism but years and years of mistreatment and abuse by the ruling Buddhist elite.
..A child's education has life long effects ...??...So , you still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy ....

These Men rejected God for Atheism .....Hitler , used religion opportunistically ..

Las Vegas, NV

#225689 Apr 19, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go-- proof the ugly bible is supportive of abortions.
..And , yet Christians do ..not...

It may be , we just interpret the Holy Bible just a little bit different than you heathens .....it doesn't make you guys stupid or anything ..just ignorant .

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#225690 Apr 19, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>LOLOL

I was going to put on a tiger snake, but that's a mouth far too deadly.
Aw but they're so pretty.

Las Vegas, NV

#225691 Apr 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull shit. Think again.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/02/wa...
..whoa..Not the best way to start my weekend ..." hail Satan '...that's terrifying ..!

Las Vegas, NV

#225692 Apr 19, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be doubtful about those things for which there is no evidence. You should not hold beliefs merely because they gratify your desires for afterlife or immortality.
If you really believe that death leads to eternal bliss then why are you wearing a seat belt?
You display a persistent sense of inadequacy, a tendency to self diminishment; Booze is probably the only refuge left for you.
...A) wow..I feel I'm posting to f**king retards ...is , there a Atheist anywhere that is capable of reading a sentence , and actually understanding those words used therein ..??

for the umpteen time ....read carefully .." Death leads to judgement !!!" ...

whether or not that includes paradise or perdition ..it will be out of our hands ..

And , lastly "O G Kush" ....I have feelings ...you know ..
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#225693 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yeah..Thank-you ..
The Jews were trying to kill Jesus , for claiming to be equal to God ...an' Jesus replies " WTF ?..it's written in the Torah .."
( I'm paraphrasing )
Does WTF stand for With True Faith?? LOL!!!

Las Vegas, NV

#225694 Apr 19, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pastor Rick Warrens son committed suicide this past week. He was a homosexual.
Seems like being hounded by your own family, specially by your father, was more than he could take.
..I understand , he was battling depression ..

homosexuality is a disease .....if , you people could only think critically ..

Every single ancient society outlawed it ...and , brutally repressed it ..Why , won't you people ask yourself .....why...?

A dip in population numbers...?...meh...I doubt ancient peoples would heap such brutality and repression on the homosexual if that were the only case ....I'm left to wonder , just how factual is the Sodom and Gomorrah fable ...

You Heathens and Liberals ....have nailed the coffin shut on western civilization , and the sad thing is , you will all be dead ; before you actually all the damage you have wrought ..

Las Vegas, NV

#225695 Apr 19, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave my father out of it. He was a better man than you'll ever be...
..phfftt..Oh , yeah ..??...Can he do this ..?

/i;m tyypihg wethh m,y penni s ,,

Since: Sep 08

Center, CO

#225696 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...A) wow..I feel I'm posting to f**king retards ...is , there a Atheist anywhere that is capable of reading a sentence , and actually understanding those words used therein ..??
whether or not that includes paradise or perdition ..it will be out of our hands ..
In answer to your question.

No.

Their brains are putty in the hands of others. They lack the spark to generate independent thought. Drones. Imitation life. No need to respect them as human beings. Although they will preach you should. It enables the agenda of those that produced them.

You are not on here to reason with them. It is impossible. You are on here to reinforce and coalesce your own thoughts to your own ends. They are mere props.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#225697 Apr 19, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Their brains are putty in the hands of others. They lack the spark to generate independent thought. Drones. Imitation life. No need to respect them as human beings. Although they will preach you should. It enables the agenda of those that produced them.
You are not on here to reason with them. It is impossible. You are on here to reinforce and coalesce your own thoughts to your own ends. They are mere props.
I see you've mellowed a bit in your time away from Topix. How are you, ya hornery old coot?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#225698 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>and , to ride on "KiMare's coattails ..
Cosmologists claim the Universe began in a fraction of a second ; the sacred Authors claim it began with a word ..
Evolutionists claim life began in the primordial ooze ; the sacred Authors claim we were fashioned from clay ..
You are utterly ignorant about evolutionary science. Evolution is simply a change in alleles over time. It does not speak to origins. If only you clowns realized ignorance wasn't a virtue.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225699 Apr 19, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
In other words, you are the three monkeys covering your eyes and ears, but not your idiotic mouth.

"Can't let any reality get in while I spew all manner of falsehoods and ridiculous accusations", Dick Nuzzler

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225700 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..phfftt..Oh , yeah ..??...Can he do this ..?
/i;m tyypihg wethh m,y penni s ,,
That's redundant. Why are Christians always sexually sick?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225701 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...At the time ...fathers were the providers of the family , so it makes perfect sense ...
Presentism. Another logical fallacy.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225702 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Not much of the critical thinker ....are you...??
I see a pattern , you heathens take solely the opinion of 'one' man ..and , make it your foundation ...
There are other fighting men in this world , and they too have written books ....and , surprise surprise surprise , not all of them are anti-military ...
Not , to besmirch Butler ...but , given his history ...the man most likely had ptsd ..
Butler wasn't anti-military, he was against the obscene profit made by fat cats waging wars of convenience on the backs of our precious national resources, our youth. You decry others for not displaying critical thinking? Heh. What a maroon.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225703 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You give yourself too much credit , you haven't caused one theist to reject religion in your entire life time ..
...and , now you believe you could do it in a mere handful of pixels ...
Should I laugh , or pity you ..?
How can you make such a claim? You are making things up, Christian, but, that's what you do, right?

I see you couldn't rise to the poster's challenge so you dodge and deflect, lie, and tilt at windmills. Why are you afraid to accept that poster's challenge?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#225704 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...A) wow..I feel I'm posting to f**king retards ...is , there a Atheist anywhere that is capable of reading a sentence , and actually understanding those words used therein ..??

Prove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,382,556
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Evan 32,266
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr zef 311,139
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue IB DaMann 9,635
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Mon Ceren 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sun 01niner 201,860
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) May 15 Idiots 285
More from around the web