Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#225160 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we've heard all this. But what about the fake drawings from Haeckel? Their still being published in biology books today.
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Even though they've been debunked for a long, long time.
I'd say for shit like that, science doesn't require any evidence, it's just a popularity contest.
Haeckel's drawings exaggerate the mimicking of other species, and do not explain what it really means. But he used them to support his theory of recapitulation, which was wrong.
This does not render his drawings from making a point of comparative biology, where embryos do in fact resemble each other at certain developmental stages .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13278255

The above unique time-lapse video shows the face developing from a one-month-old embryo to an age of 10 weeks.
The early human embryo looks very similar to the embryo of any other mammal, bird or amphibian - all of which have evolved from fish.

Evolution Genetics Embryo's and our Common Ancestor's

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#225161 Apr 17, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>That was one of Murry's best movies, ever.

:D
I agree.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#225162 Apr 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>And *we* know that you don't understand it.
Yes he does.

That's why he doesn't believe it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#225163 Apr 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, why not? The only thing the Bible prohibits is me trying to judge your eternity.
Aahhhh...

You should tell the pope. I don't think he knows that.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#225164 Apr 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, why not? The only thing the Bible prohibits is me trying to judge your eternity.
Actually, you should tell god. He certainly didn't say that in the bible.

Stupid God.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#225165 Apr 17, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Proselytize?

Since when has a Christian Hospital or Research facility proselytized?

Have you ever been to one of these facilities Emergency Rooms? The focus is on medicine and saving people’s life.

And how does feeding and sheltering the homeless become proselytizing?

Christians buying school supplies for kids in foreign countries and even in our own country is proselytizing?

Christians buying shoes for kids proselytizing?

Have you ever been to a Christian funded food bank?
There’s no proselytizing. People in need come and pick up what they need free of charge and leave. No brochures, preaching, just good food for families in need.
I've been proselytized at a hospital.

And AA is the worst.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#225166 Apr 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I never believed in Santa Claus, so to say I could start believing in Santa Claus "again" would not be possible.

Since you don't believe in Santa Claus, which I assume you're comparing to your lack of belief in God, do you spend an equal amount of time arguing with people about the existence of Santa Claus or the validity of his "list"? Do you argue with people that he doesn't actually check it twice?
People who believe in Santa (mostly kids, BTW) don't try to interfere with my life or influence education or politics.

That's your desperation showing again.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#225167 Apr 17, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>It’s happening right now in some countries.
By other religions.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Clearwater

United States

#225168 Apr 17, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been proselytized at a hospital.
And AA is the worst.
Thanks for proving your bias at best bigotry at worst. This is no different from people that stereotype a black man driving in certain neighborhoods.
Clearwater

Miami, FL

#225169 Apr 17, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
People who believe in Santa (mostly kids, BTW) don't try to interfere with my life or influence education or politics.
Aw what you are saying is you're fine with us as long as we stay in the closet. Yea that's not going to happen in a free nation with equality for ALL.
Clearwater

Miami, FL

#225170 Apr 17, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not a fan of multi-million dollar churches with leadership that resembles carnival con men. Theyre about lining their pockets with money and living the life of the rich and famous. I dont go to one of those churches nor would I go just to visit. TV Preachers are like vacuum cleaners, they suck.
I know you dont believe in hell but Im telling you there are going to be a handsome number of hypocritical ministers who will find themselves in the lake of fire.
The tax issue is certainly a concern when our national debt is out of control. There is a enormous amount of wasteful spending by the Federal Government. For example the extravagant parties and seminars that go on by out of control thrifty spenders of our tax dollars.
Look at our Secret Service for example. They are supposed to be protecting our President. Instead theyre bidding for prostitutes and going on drunk frenzied parties with our tax dollars. Honestly I dont how our President has survived with this fine group of distinguished agents protecting him.
Im all for helping the needy but we dont have to make the skimmers rich in the process. And theres plenty of skimmers taking off the top and not leaving enough for those in need.
True words.
Clearwater

United States

#225171 Apr 17, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll consider this credible when the number of starving children in your christian nation doesn't rank like a third world country.
Meanwhile, multi mega million dollar churches are being built and you're trying to bribe people into joining your cult, with firearms.
Not to mention all the complaining your brothers and sisters in christ do about your tax dollars helping the needy.
Pure lies. I do know a guy that could work but would rather sit on his rear fleecing the tax payers. No shock he worships Obama. He and others like him in this nation are why others that actually are needy have less. Don't know how he lives with himself.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225172 Apr 17, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
They pray. Themselves. IF they want to.
You praying for another does nothing but inflate your own ego and make you feel like you've done something, when in fact, talking to yourself as a way to "help", is exactly the same as doing nothing at all.
Your alleged jesus! gawd was very clear on the subject of prayer; it is a private matter between each individual and their gawd.
It's not meant for showing off in public or to give "kudos" to your deity. Thanking your alleged gawd is a matter of having a grateful heart, not a matter of appearing pious.
You revolting, religious hypocrite.
In fact, intercessory prayer has been proven as harmful to the "victim".

BOSTON, MA-March 31, 2006-For those facing surgery or battling disease, the prayers of others can be a comfort. Researchers in the Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP), the largest study to examine the effects of intercessory prayer-prayer provided by others-evaluated the impact of such prayer on patients recovering from coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.

The STEP team, composed of investigators at six academic medical centers, including Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts; Integris Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota; St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa, Florida; Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C; and the Mind/Body Medical Institute, found that intercessory prayer had no effect on recovery from surgery without complications. The study also found that patients who knew they were receiving intercessory prayer fared worse. The paper appears in the April issue of American Heart Journal.

http://web.med.harvard.edu/sites/RELEASES/htm...

It puts stress on people when the pious band about them and wield their piety. There may be some merit to personal prayer, like meditation has merit, but making a public spectacle for others is demonstrably ineffective and demonstrably harmful.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225173 Apr 17, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Pure lies. I do know a guy that could work but would rather sit on his rear fleecing the tax payers. No shock he worships Obama. He and others like him in this nation are why others that actually are needy have less. Don't know how he lives with himself.
You are what is wrong with America.

So, there are no starving children and no mega churches? Weirdo.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#225174 Apr 17, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Haeckel's drawings exaggerate the mimicking of other species, and do not explain what it really means. But he used them to support his theory of recapitulation, which was wrong.
This does not render his drawings from making a point of comparative biology, where embryos do in fact resemble each other at certain developmental stages .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =uAZmLYWEPGkXX
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13278255
The above unique time-lapse video shows the face developing from a one-month-old embryo to an age of 10 weeks.
The early human embryo looks very similar to the embryo of any other mammal, bird or amphibian - all of which have evolved from fish.
Evolution Genetics Embryo's and our Common Ancestor's
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
You are admitting recapitulation theory is false, then saying it is true.

Brilliant.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225175 Apr 17, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Aw what you are saying is you're fine with us as long as we stay in the closet. Yea that's not going to happen in a free nation with equality for ALL.
Except the homosexuals, right, Marcus?

Location hidden

#225176 Apr 17, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right.
Alas, people like Eagle live in a delusional state.
You're a whackjob, Blob.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225177 Apr 17, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not a fan of multi-million dollar churches with leadership that resembles carnival con men. Theyre about lining their pockets with money and living the life of the rich and famous. I dont go to one of those churches nor would I go just to visit. TV Preachers are like vacuum cleaners, they suck.
I know you dont believe in hell but Im telling you there are going to be a handsome number of hypocritical ministers who will find themselves in the lake of fire.
The tax issue is certainly a concern when our national debt is out of control. There is a enormous amount of wasteful spending by the Federal Government. For example the extravagant parties and seminars that go on by out of control thrifty spenders of our tax dollars.
Look at our Secret Service for example. They are supposed to be protecting our President. Instead theyre bidding for prostitutes and going on drunk frenzied parties with our tax dollars. Honestly I dont how our President has survived with this fine group of distinguished agents protecting him.
Im all for helping the needy but we dont have to make the skimmers rich in the process. And theres plenty of skimmers taking off the top and not leaving enough for those in need.
Anyone who thinks that infinite torture for finite thought crime is just is immoral.

Christianity, Inc and Apologetics, LLC are some of the biggest skimmers and scammers in the Nation, all tax free with gusto and glee.

Location hidden

#225178 Apr 17, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
People who believed in God and rights derived from creation by God founded and preserved a nation for you to live free in.

I hope you don't mind the interference with your life.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#225179 Apr 17, 2014
Freedom under God. That's a contradiction in terms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,156,266
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 28,494
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr feces for jesus 307,110
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 12 hr yinefsfgd 3
What role do you think humans play in global wa... Sat Earthling-1 2,741
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Fri zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web