Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#225518 Apr 18, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
The Declaration of Independence provides the underlying rationale for UNALIENABLE rights.
Those rights were said to be obvious to anyone, that the origin of those rights come from simply being born, or showing up here on Earth as a human from the Great Mystery.
The term "Great Mystery" is just that, as no human (to my knowledge) knows the true origin of man.
The founders, and more specifically the writers of the DOI, used words such as "created" and the phrase "endowed by their Creator" simply because that was a prevalent view of the Great Mystery at the time. They all did not agree on ONE definition of "God" so the word "Creator" (in my opinion) was used to allow for the differences in view of where man came from.
THE POINT:
Whether one holds that mankind came from "God" or that mankind arose from the primordial soup, the point of the origin of our unalienable rights remains constant. We get them from the laws of Nature Herself, which say that every entity has the innate and natural born right to defend their own life, the lives of their loved ones, and such things as the area or place needed, and the tools used to sustain their life and the lives of loved ones.
The founders did not form a nation because they thought man came from God either. They formed a nation to stabilize and strengthen their mutual positions as opponents of King George and all that his dictatorial monarchy stood for. As individuals they stood to be individually hanged. As fellow countrymen, they stood united, as individuals with common goals and needs.
Its too bad many in this nation aren't like that in 2014. Some are but IMO most aren't. Case in point, watch the news the next time an event happens. Many honestly pray for political reasons the person falls on one side. I've observed that the way the news covers it will often tell it. Anyone know the name of the individual that was charged with attempted assignation of President Obama? No doubt if he was on the right everyone would know it.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#225519 Apr 18, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Which is in direct contradiction to Matthew 25:31-46. Hmmm, Bible verses that contradict each other. How odd. Not!

It's a Chinese food menu. I'll take one from column A and two from Column B but I don't like anything from column C. It doesn't jibe with the morality that I acquired through living in a secular world with human rights and not in a fantasy world with "god rights".

Your light beam is very dim. Use caution. Perhaps you need to get a broom instead.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#225520 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
Which is in direct contradiction to Matthew 25:31-46. Hmmm, Bible verses that contradict each other. How odd. Not!
Could be the problem is not with the Bible there Shite.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#225521 Apr 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about wealth or prosperity, I'm talking about family life. Specifically, American family life and how it's changed as religiosity in America slowly declines. In my opinion, the family structure in America has declined right along with it.
Teen pregnancies are up, sexually-transmitted diseases spread like wildfire, divorce rates are up, unmarried couples living together are up, unmarried couples having children are up, the number of single mothers is up, violent crime is up, the amount of abortions being done is up, drug abuse has become nearly uncontrollable.
Do you know what's gone down? SAT scores.
Go figure.
Last week you boasted Christianity is increasing, now you're stating its in a state of decline.
Go figure.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#225522 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>No, duh. There are no claims that it can. It also doesn't cause a raft of mental illnesses like Christianity does. Please don't drown your children in the bathtub to save them from sin and get them into Heaven, Andrea.
This from a guy that's screen name is excrement. Carry on in it.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225523 Apr 18, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>This from a guy that's screen name is excrement. Carry on in it.
Excrement? You're about as sharp as bowling ball, Fudgie.

I realize this link has a *.edu domain so it's kryptonite to you, but maybe, just maybe, a little knowledge can sink in.

http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/sunnisshiites...

What do you call a Christian with two brain cells?

Pregnant!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225524 Apr 18, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week you boasted Christianity is increasing, now you're stating its in a state of decline.
Go figure.
It's increasingly declining! Whoop!
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#225525 Apr 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
i did not read your idiot post since you are a real idiot. why waste my time with someone way below my level.
thank you God for my:
big bank savings
diamonds
golds
growing investments
and my other achievements like:
4 academic awards and an honor in high school
from high school to college an academic scholar
3 college diplomas
my parents, "Most Outstanding Parents of the Year" for having a son (me) garnering most of the awards in high school
perfect 4.0 gpa when i graduated my computer course
won 2 gay beauty contests
a supervisor or director at work
witnessed a real Miracle on June 30, 2011
applauded loudly after i danced solo during Christmas parties
also, many people told me i look 20 years younger
in other words, it pays to be a believer in God.:)
Pride is undue confidence in and attention to one's own skills, accomplishments, state, possessions, or position. Pride is easier to recognize than to define, easier to recognize in others than in oneself. Many biblical words describe this concept, each with its own emphasis. Some of the synonyms for pride include arrogance, presumption, conceit, self-satisfaction, boasting, and high-mindedness...it is a grievous sin.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225526 Apr 18, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Could be the problem is not with the Bible there Shite.
Uh, broom rider, a book with so many glaring inconsistencies, contradictions, and conflicts is the very problem. I like the way you edited my post. It is very telling. Bullseye!

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#225527 Apr 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gayism and Atheism, hmmmmm, it must be the “ism.”
"Gaytheism"? LOL!

San Francisco

#225528 Apr 18, 2014
The Hindu Forum wrote:
"ism" is always a dogmatic thought and humans need thought process that is above division of human society and dharma is only solution in that case
Ssssh! Don't confuse the Christians with other religious ideology. It makes them very upset.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225529 Apr 18, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Its too bad many in this nation aren't like that in 2014. Some are but IMO most aren't. Case in point, watch the news the next time an event happens. Many honestly pray for political reasons the person falls on one side. I've observed that the way the news covers it will often tell it. Anyone know the name of the individual that was charged with attempted assignation of President Obama? No doubt if he was on the right everyone would know it.
Dirtwater, you're claiming a Liberal has attempted to assassinate the President. Yuk, yuk, yuk, yuch.

Jerry Blanchard from North Carolina called. Obama the anti-Christ and promised to never let him enter the White House. Yep, there is a left wing zealot.

Here is a list of the threats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_th... . Not a Liberal among them.

There was only one gun attempt. This guy is a doozy:

On the night of November 11, 2011, Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez fired a Romanian Cugir semiautomatic rifle from his car parked on Constitution Avenue. Nine rounds were fired, one of which was found lodged in a window of the first family's living quarters. He was arrested five days later in a hotel in Indiana, Pennsylvania. Obama was not at the White House at the time of the shooting, but was at an APEC Meeting in Hawaii. Nevertheless, Federal prosecutors launched an investigation to determine if Hernandez acted out of hatred for Obama. Subsequently, writings by Hernandez and testimony from those who knew him showed that he believed President Obama was the antichrist and the devil.

Damn Liberals always going around shooting guns at the anti-Christ.

Not only are you extremely dim-witted, you are embarrassingly paranoid.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225530 Apr 18, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
Pride is undue confidence in and attention to one's own skills, accomplishments, state, possessions, or position. Pride is easier to recognize than to define, easier to recognize in others than in oneself. Many biblical words describe this concept, each with its own emphasis. Some of the synonyms for pride include arrogance, presumption, conceit, self-satisfaction, boasting, and high-mindedness...it is a grievous sin.
But Riverneck said only the godless do grievous things!

San Francisco

#225531 Apr 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nominal religion in Norway is mostly Evangelical Lutheran with 77% of the population belonging to the state Evangelical Lutheran Church of Norway.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_No...
What?
Said the Google University graduate who probably doesn't even have a passport.

San Francisco

#225532 Apr 18, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Could be the problem is not with the Bible there Shite.
Excellent and thought-provoking refutation! Well played sir.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#225533 Apr 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
An "afterlife" and "the next life" are completely different concepts.
Look it up Redneck. You WILL be a "new creature" son. Even the Bible tells you so.
Look up "reincarnation" kid. Your "afterlife" fits the definition to a tee ... in BOTH the Bible and the dictionary.
<smile>

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225534 Apr 18, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>This from a guy that's screen name is excrement. Carry on in it.
Are you denying that there have been thousands of mothers who have murdered their children in the name of the Christian god to keep them to expedite their arrival in imaginary Heaven?

Andrea Yates? Yep.

Zakieya Latrice Avery? Yep.

Deanna Laney? Yep.

Dena Schlosser? Yep.

Andrea Yates said Satan told her to drown her five children.

Deanna Laney said the Lord sent her signs to beat her three sons with stones.

And the night before Dena Schlosser became the latest Texas mother to take her child's life, she told her husband she wanted to give her children to God. The suburban Dallas mother was charged with capital murder for severing her 10-month-old baby's arms.

Yours is a vile, evil religion with backwards teaching.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225535 Apr 18, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gaytheism"? LOL!
Is that the worship of Liberace?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#225536 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Tocqueville wrote that he did not know of any country where there was "less independence of mind, and true freedom of discussion, than in America".
So, you're quoting a man from almost 300 years ago. Do you have any idea how long that is? Of course not. You think an eternity is rational. Uh, and by the way, DeT thought America was pantheistic.
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~HYPER/DETOC/ch1_0...
Why are Christians creepy and stupid?
You label to invalidate with quotes that do not prove your point.

I think it is astounding how accurately he predicted our future.

You have no reasoned response to the quote.

Smile.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#225537 Apr 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws of men don't stop men, do they?
When a person thinks that he has no eternal judgment coming, what's to stop them from doing what he wants? According to you atheists, we humans have a mere few decades of existence and nothing else.
You are simply incapable of gleaning meaning from the written word ... apparently.
You have posted erroneous things here many times, but you are 180 degrees out of plum on your atheist accusation pilgrim.

"The laws of men don't stop men, do they?"
Show me proof that your laws of God do any better in stopping men from untoward acts against their fellow man.
I and others here will bury your dumbass in evidence of crimes being committed by the uh "clergy".

Grow a brain you halfwit and learn to read while you're at it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min ohh ok 1,618,261
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr John-K 318,271
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Trojan 34,436
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Oct 15 Heretic 11,649
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web