Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255520 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225103 Apr 16, 2014
scaritual wrote:
Thanks for sharing your religious mythology.
You're welcome. Thanks for conceding, it took less time than I thought.....

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#225104 Apr 16, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying that yet another part of the Bible doesn't mean what it says?
Only the parts they don't like.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225105 Apr 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
The structure and context is the description of how one should pray. Starting with Matthew 6:5 and then, it is cross referenced with the lawd's instruction on prayer, in proverbs.
What's the matter ar ar? Did some profit lie to you? Or are you really as slow as people say?
Then why won't you answer me about Matthew 6:6?

You're perfectly willing to take the words "go to your room, and close the door" as 100% literal.

What about the people with no rooms and no doors? What, no prayer for them? Does that make any sense at all?

And why are you willing to take those words as 100% literal but not "don't be like the hypocrites"?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#225106 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I know. I'm not trying to pass internal judgment on anyone. You have never seen me write anything like "you are going to hell" or "you will burn in hell".

You haven't seen that from me and you won't see that from me, because I understand that Jesus forbids humans to pass eternal judgment on others.
Any judgement. Not just eternal judgement.

Yet you judge people, on their choices, here. Daily.

You presume to know the mind of your alleged god. Daily.

You attempt to deceive in the name of your alleged god. Daily.

You ignore your alleged god's instructions. Daily.

It's all on record.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225107 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt away.
But if you want evidence, go back and look at the time span in between the bulk of my posts. You'll notice a big chunk of RR, then a void, then another big chunk, etc.
RR didn't used to have two hour time spans between posts....
"Twas a chain-yanking excursion!

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#225108 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt away.
But if you want evidence, go back and look at the time span in between the bulk of my posts. You'll notice a big chunk of RR, then a void, then another big chunk, etc.
RR didn't used to have two hour time spans between posts....
Well, lucky, lucky you.

You get a break every two hours.

Woohoo.

You have it made, dude.

Redondo Beach, CA

#225109 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never believed in Santa Claus, so to say I could start believing in Santa Claus "again" would not be possible.
Since you don't believe in Santa Claus, which I assume you're comparing to your lack of belief in God, do you spend an equal amount of time arguing with people about the existence of Santa Claus or the validity of his "list"? Do you argue with people that he doesn't actually check it twice?
Oh, but you have it all wrong, Redneck.

Of course he checks it twice.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#225110 Apr 16, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You're that creepy smirky/bazinga guy who talks in circles, never answers questions, and is obsessed with gay men having sex, right?
As previously stated, you should feel free to never respond to any of my comments.
Actually, I feel perfectly free TO respond.

Smile.

Redondo Beach, CA

#225111 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we've heard all this. But what about the fake drawings from Haeckel? Their still being published in biology books today.
Their still?

Whose still, Redneck?

Redondo Beach, CA

#225112 Apr 16, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
"Twas a chain-yanking excursion!
Hey, Rocco.

How are we doing?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#225113 Apr 16, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question: which Christian sect is the correct one? Don't you know?
<quoted text>
It's the only rational answer when someone's debating strategy is to presume to tell the other person what they are thinking. Sorry, but you aren't in my head and can't argue for me.
<quoted text>
Projection.
Who says one sect can possibly fully know God?

Saying 'nope' is not a reasoned answer. I am in your head.

Nope, not projection.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225114 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we've heard all this. But what about the fake drawings from Haeckel? Their still being published in biology books today.
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Even though they've been debunked for a long, long time.
I'd say for shit like that, science doesn't require any evidence, it's just a popularity contest.
You continue to make this error:

"their" vs. "they're'(they are)
http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/their.ht...

"your" vs "you're" (you are)
http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/your.htm...

From one English pedant to another.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#225115 Apr 16, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Proselytize?
Since when has a Christian Hospital or Research facility proselytized?
Have you ever been to one of these facilities Emergency Rooms? The focus is on medicine and saving people’s life.
And how does feeding and sheltering the homeless become proselytizing?
Christians buying school supplies for kids in foreign countries and even in our own country is proselytizing?
Christians buying shoes for kids proselytizing?
Have you ever been to a Christian funded food bank?
There’s no proselytizing. People in need come and pick up what they need free of charge and leave. No brochures, preaching, just good food for families in need.
Do you realize how many atheists donate to feeding and housing the homeless?
Whats the difference between a Christian funded food bank and any other food bank? I give to the local food bank all the time. Nobody asked me if I am Christian or atheist. So how are you going to keep up with what donations come from atheists? I have donated to the Christian outreach, Salvation army, Goodwill and the local animal shelter.. So you are just full of it.

. I am an atheist.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225116 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but you atheistfuckers are trying to replace Jesus with Santa.
<quoted text>
No, but you atheistfuckers are perfectly fine with a Santa Claus play at a public school, but not a Christmas play.
<quoted text>
You don't speak out against Santa because you like seeing him instead of Jesus at Christmas time. Don't you lie, admit it.
Christmas time, not so much.

A few weeks before Halloween, then all of November, plus all of December, trees at the curb and after-Christmas sales into January, and those damned lights some people leave on their houses the wholefvcking year is kinda overkill, don'tcha think?

(This opinion has been rendered by an unregistered, non-theistic unatheistic, agnostic as a public service announcement, without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender or sexual orientation.)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225117 Apr 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Any judgement. Not just eternal judgement.
Yet you judge people, on their choices, here. Daily.
You presume to know the mind of your alleged god. Daily.
You attempt to deceive in the name of your alleged god. Daily.
You ignore your alleged god's instructions. Daily.
It's all on record.
You'll understand that I don't take your word for it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225118 Apr 16, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but you have it all wrong, Redneck.
Of course he checks it twice.
Doth he?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225119 Apr 16, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Their still?
Whose still, Redneck?
Why, in the still of the night of course.

Duh

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225120 Apr 16, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to make this error:
"their" vs. "they're'(they are)
http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/their.ht...
"your" vs "you're" (you are)
http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/your.htm...
From one English pedant to another.
Meh

I'm not typing, I'm speaking into my iPhone using Siri. I blame her.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225121 Apr 16, 2014
ROCCO wrote:

Christmas time, not so much.
A few weeks before Halloween, then all of November, plus all of December, trees at the curb and after-Christmas sales into January, and those damned lights some people leave on their houses the wholefvcking year is kinda overkill, don'tcha think?
(This opinion has been rendered by an unregistered, non-theistic unatheistic, agnostic as a public service announcement, without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender or sexual orientation.)
Yeah what the hell is going on with retail stores having Christmas stuff out before Halloween? Maybe they're going to be like the people that leave their lights on their eaves all year long and just keep Christmas stuff on the shelf all year long...

There, Siri spelled they're right.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225122 Apr 16, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, lucky, lucky you.
You get a break every two hours.
Woohoo.
You have it made, dude.
Smokers (cigarette) need breaks more frequently than non-smokers.

(Courtesy of a former smoker, circa 2009. Big 5 coming up in July.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr USAsince1680 1,395,958
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr ThomasA 311,353
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr Into The Night 9,874
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 27 Trojan 32,289
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web