Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255231 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#224781 Apr 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
"From the 1490s when Christopher Columbus landed in the Americas to the 1890 massacre of Sioux at Wounded Knee by the United States military, the indigenous population of the Western Hemisphere declined to 1.8 million from around 50 million, a decline of 96%"
Alan Taylor (2002). American colonies; Volume 1 of The Penguin history of the United States, History of the United States Series. Penguin. p. 40.
Calculated for four hundred years of decline that comes to about 200 million total deaths mostly as a result of the genocidal goals of European Christians..
"200 million dead demons! Praise God!" - Christianity
No, I think it was 200 billion. Christians killed 200 billion Indians.

Or was it 200 trillion...

It was a lot of Indians.

ON the other hand, the Indians killed 400 trillion Christians.(That's twice as many killings as 200 trillion killings)

One Indian named "Lick'um Totem Pole" personally killed a billion Christians with a tomahawk fashioned from a buffalo horn.

He would have killed more, but he got hold of some bad Custer.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#224782 Apr 15, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
So answer the question...smartass.
When Columbus came to America, which government was in charge?
The Aztecs, Incas and Mayans had monarchies very similar to those in Europe.

The Algonquins had a democratic government uniting several nations and tribes along the Eastern coast of North America as far inland as the Mississippi River..

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#224783 Apr 15, 2014
JaclynNoel wrote:
<quoted text>
All right, I'm done. I'm ignoring you.
LOL! aren't you the one who's motto is "keep calm"?

can we start over?:-)

if you don't listen to anything else i say, here's the bottom-line for me:

God is not a religion, He's a Person and He proved His personal love to you and everyone else in the world by offering us redemption through the Sacrifice of His Son.

if/when we personally apply this to ourselves, we get God back in our conscience/spirit/ego how it was meant to be since the beginning of time. i thought just like you until it happened to me and i've never been the same since:-)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#224784 Apr 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
cuddle bunny (do u mind if i call cuddle bunny?)
many individuals don't realize that there IS a homo-agenda. at a base level for gay men it may just be getting sum quick stank on their hang-down; for gay women it may be getting together with other females to man-bash over a softball game. however, the big and diabolical picture behind the agenda is for the church to loose her freedom of speech and become more persecuted by the media than she already is.
btw - atheism/gaytheism is antichrist at its core, otherwise it would be its more objective and seeker-friendly sister - agnosticism:-)
How long will it be before you ask for nude pics so you and the Jesus! can study all the "sin"?

Location hidden

#224785 Apr 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
"From the 1490s when Christopher Columbus landed in the Americas to the 1890 massacre of Sioux at Wounded Knee by the United States military, the indigenous population of the Western Hemisphere declined to 1.8 million from around 50 million, a decline of 96%"
Alan Taylor (2002). American colonies; Volume 1 of The Penguin history of the United States, History of the United States Series. Penguin. p. 40.
Calculated for four hundred years of decline that comes to about 200 million total deaths mostly as a result of the genocidal goals of European Christians..
"200 million dead demons! Praise God!" - Christianity
The Indians had no DNA.

That's why they died out mostly.

One of the only Indians with DNA was "Lick'um Totem Pole". He was married to a squaw named "Run Licky Split". They had 7,000 children, one of which became a famous singer named "Eddie Rabbit".

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224786 Apr 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Columbus actually landed in Cuba and once in South America. He never landed on what is now US soil. He was always under the charge of The Crown of Castile.
The word used in that post was "America". There was no USA at the time you imbecile.

"America" refers to the two continents of North and South AMERICA.

Not the use of the word OF in United States OF AMERICA.

Location hidden

#224787 Apr 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Also, the population of Germany was 80 million so Bucks claim of Hitler murdering 60 million people is as insane as his claim about Stalin.
Hitler killed 600 million, not 60 million.

And 200 million of those he killed were American Indians.

He thought they looked like Jews.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224788 Apr 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, what did you say purfesir?
"it you are all pathetic"?!
Pure university material right there, I tell you what....
GFY, Pedo!

"It's OK to beat and rape children as long as you never make a typo i a post ! " - RR

I am so gad I am nothing like you, I would commit suicide if I were.

Location hidden

#224789 Apr 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
GFY, Pedo!
"It's OK to beat and rape children as long as you never make a typo i a post ! " - RR
I am so gad I am nothing like you, I would commit suicide if I were.
When Christians came, 300 million Indians committed suicide.

Some guy wrote a book about it.

They shot themselves with bows and arrows. Some of them required several attempts. The longer-armed ones got it on the first try.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224790 Apr 15, 2014
2010 Death penalty allowed in the USA:

Arkansas - Capital murder (Ark. Code Ann. 5-10-101) with a finding of at least 1 of 10 aggravating circumstances; TREASON.

California - First-degree murder with special circumstances; sabotage; train wrecking causing death; TREASON; perjury causing execution of an innocent person; fatal assault by a prisoner serving a life sentence.

Colorado - First-degree murder with at least 1 of 17 aggravating factors; first-degree kidnapping resulting in death; TREASON.

Georgia - Murder with aggravating circumstances; kidnapping with bodily injury or ransom when the victim dies; aircraft hijacking; TREASON.

Louisiana - First-degree murder; TREASON (La. R.S. 14:30 and 14:113).

Yes, RR, The USA does have death penalties for treason .

You really should check facts before posting your inane lies.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#224791 Apr 15, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
How long will it be before you ask for nude pics so you and the Jesus! can study all the "sin"?
lol dude - why are you so concerned?

for your info, i've never asked and have even turned down offers to receive pics from 'women(?)' on these threads;-)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#224792 Apr 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Founding orphanages, is that a good deed?
Opening hospitals, is that a good deed?
Feeding strangers on the other side of the world, is that a good deed?
Creating universities, is that a good deed?
Giving people hope, is that a good deed?
Yes, those are all good deeds. However, promoting credulity is still not a good deed.

San Francisco

#224793 Apr 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Founding orphanages, is that a good deed?
Opening hospitals, is that a good deed?
Feeding strangers on the other side of the world, is that a good deed?
Creating universities, is that a good deed?
Giving people hope, is that a good deed?
Religion isn't necessary to do any of those things. As evidenced by all the non-religious people and organizations which do so.

San Francisco

#224794 Apr 15, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody really gives a rats ass if you and your roommates are lesbos or not
I thought your deity was very concerned about such things.

San Francisco

#224795 Apr 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol dude - why are you so concerned?
The continual non-Christ-like behavior coming from noisiest members of the Jesus Fan Club are always entertaining.
for your info, i've never asked and have even turned down offers to receive pics from 'women(?)' on these threads;-)
Yeah, that seems credible.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#224796 Apr 15, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The continual non-Christ-like behavior coming from noisiest members of the Jesus Fan Club are always entertaining.
<quoted text>
well i'm always glad to help!

"He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still"

San Francisco

#224797 Apr 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well i'm always glad to help!
"He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still"
Well, you have the filthy part down. Righteous and holy, no so much,

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224798 Apr 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
2010 Death penalty allowed in the USA:
Arkansas - Capital murder (Ark. Code Ann. 5-10-101) with a finding of at least 1 of 10 aggravating circumstances; TREASON.
California - First-degree murder with special circumstances; sabotage; train wrecking causing death; TREASON; perjury causing execution of an innocent person; fatal assault by a prisoner serving a life sentence.
Colorado - First-degree murder with at least 1 of 17 aggravating factors; first-degree kidnapping resulting in death; TREASON.
Georgia - Murder with aggravating circumstances; kidnapping with bodily injury or ransom when the victim dies; aircraft hijacking; TREASON.
Louisiana - First-degree murder; TREASON (La. R.S. 14:30 and 14:113).
Yes, RR, The USA does have death penalties for treason .
You really should check facts before posting your inane lies.
US Constitution
Article III, section 3, clause 2:

"Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason"

Sorry boutcher luck, chuck.

Location hidden

#224799 Apr 15, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So that's something you recommend - being Christ-like?

San Francisco

#224800 Apr 15, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's something you recommend - being Christ-like?
Presumably someone who claims to be a Christian will at least make an effort to emulate the object of their worship, and become more Christ-like over time. Although hopefully they do not go all the way and torture themselves to death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min John Galt 1,382,533
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr zef 311,139
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 17 hr IB DaMann 9,635
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Mon Ceren 39
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun Chosen Traveler 32,265
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sun 01niner 201,860
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) May 15 Idiots 285
More from around the web