Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258515 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#224640 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
There are no mind altering drugs being used today that someone else did not introduce you to.
Every single one of them is foreign to your biological makeup. They are outside the evolutionary path.
Farmers and ranchers use chemicals to fatten their product,
Topix and other neo atheists are "freethinkers". Just ask one. Someone told them they were.
If you need a drug to cope with life, then you aren't "human", you are product.
That obviously doesn't include the drugs you're currently on when you made the above statement.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#224641 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If sitting in a La-Z-Boy with a vibrator is your idea of accomplishing something in life, then I feel sorry for you.
There are tons of pains and pleasures out there to experience in your one time around. You choose to sit and rot away.
<The Dave Nelson> ".... Put me on the treadmill, boys, and hand me that vibrator..."

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#224642 Apr 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>God made sunlight, too. Go bask in it for a few weeks, see what happens.

God made saltwater, too. Go drink a nice big glass of it.

God made tobacco, too. Go puff it up.
Your bloodline would not survive evolution.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224643 Apr 14, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Your bloodline would not survive evolution.
Would not?

Has not?

Will not?

Please be specific.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#224644 Apr 14, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text><The Dave Nelson> ".... Put me on the treadmill, boys, and hand me that vibrator..."
LOL

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#224645 Apr 14, 2014
Atheists have committed 54.5 million abortions of children in our life time.

JUST IN THE USA!

God totally destroyed cultures because they committed child sacrifice.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#224646 Apr 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
JUST IN THE USA!
Yo mama sold ya head fo a crack rock.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#224647 Apr 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yo mama sold ya head fo a crack rock.
The troll diversion of stupidity...

Your mama tried.

Smirk.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#224648 Apr 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you are unwilling to describe the nature of your imaginary friend.
..touche'..

( my bff )
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#224649 Apr 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
JUST IN THE USA!
..Well ...THEN BRING IT ....Smite US ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#224650 Apr 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..touche'..
( my bff )
...sorry...If there was confusion .....YOU'RE NOT MY BFF....Imaginary GOD ..is ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#224651 Apr 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you are unwilling to describe the nature of your imaginary friend.
...fudge ...( after 2 missteps, Now , I will describe my Lord to "you" ....He's my BFF..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#224653 Apr 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Slavery is immoral. The Bible is a veritable primer on slavery. You can not apologize that away. You and your Bible are immoral. You disgust me.
Couldn't understand the post, eh? Stupid Christian.
..I gave "options" massacre your opponent ..eat them ..enslave them ..let them run free ...

best option ....???
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#224654 Apr 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you lying about me is it because you are a christian liar or were you born that way?
..of , course I'm Lying ...

You made me angry ...Hitler still a Christian ...Pol Pot still a Buddhist ....

a fortiori ...you are still a Christian
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#224655 Apr 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Upset? You're a very strange person. Is that a symptom or a cause of your delusion? The Gospels were not handed down. They have been manipulated through time with each iteration transmogrified to help consolidate money and power.
..well ..then you are stupid ..........there's a word .......it's called " historian "

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#224656 Apr 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:

JUST IN THE USA!

Yet, here y'all are.

“Keep calm and use logic.”

Since: Apr 14

Los Angeles, CA.

#224657 Apr 14, 2014
LiddySays wrote:
There is no possible way for any of us to know how we ended up here. Religion is full of fairy tales, science is full of theories... So, in my opinion, it is futile to argue about it. Let people believe what they want if that's what makes them feel a little better about dying... Because that's what it all comes down to in the end. DEATH! The unknown! Do we continue on? Or is it really the end?! The only one's who know the answer are not here to give it to us. But in my opinion, if there were nothing after life, then life itself is meaningless. And there is a reason for everything. IDK, if this came out the way I intended(I'm half drunk)=) But if you can find any living thing on this planet that does not have a purpose, then my theory is debunked!
Look, no one really knows where it all came from, but I'd rather listen to the guys in labcoats who aren't telling me to wake up early Sunday morning to get dressed up so I can apologize for being human.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#224658 Apr 14, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, according to YOUR posts, these things are true.
Except for the pedophile accusation, I do not condone that.
..wow..?!( Interrobang )

I'm surprised ...Christians are the victims , I won't tell "riverside' he's being an asshole ..because ..I need the succor

but , I see Atheists let each other get away with stupid ...too...

....WE BOTH FEEL BESIEGED ....

Who , In Gods name ..is winning ..???...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#224659 Apr 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all non-believers will suffer eternal torture, some will just die. Did you know that?
..LIAR..There is " no " death ...Hell does suck ....BUT , It's got to be tolerable ...

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#224660 Apr 14, 2014
JaclynNoel wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, no one really knows where it all came from, but I'd rather listen to the guys in labcoats who aren't telling me to wake up early Sunday morning to get dressed up so I can apologize for being human.
I'm with Liddy as to the first part of her post--we don't know, and we're driven by fear of death.

Then she takes a leap of faith.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiig mistake.

So I end up like you do. They may believe what they will, but the way they carry it out is silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Jacques Ottawa 1,743,742
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 36 min Build the wall 336,518
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 35,795
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 24 Wisdom of Ages 12,331
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2