Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

O G Kush

United States

#224616 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Just a final observation of Topix atheists and a suggestion to them.
When you "study" something to become "learned", and "in the know", you have your head stuck in a book. Which makes it very hard to "observe" what is really happening around you.
You are directed to which books to read. The "proper ones" to be enlightened with. This also applies to old religious works as well as the new "scientific" religions.
Who does the directing? What makes them so much superior to you to do such?
As a physical being you are part of a larger system. A facet, not a something new and unique. Humanity is a derivative of foregoing processes, most of which we can't see from here. The universe created us, we didn't just pop out of nowhere. You have the "physical" linkage as well as the "mental" linkage derived from such. Mankind is a rutabaga with illusions. You as an individual is just a temporary localized collection of energy. There is a larger scheme of things to fit into when that localization is ended. That is the make or break for continued "existence" on a comfortable level. Let's say you have to think big and be able to fit into a new scheme of things. You can't do that believing this is all there is, and what is in it for you. It's a conditioning process.
When you are young you are cared for. That is when parents try to protect and prepare you. When you become prime you discover that others just want your money or your ass. You will be leaving this womb eventually.
Get your nose out of the books and look around.
YOU Need to get your nose into some books and get an education. Start with the origin of Christianity that will be enough to make you shut up.

My observation on theist posters in this forum.

There isn't one Christian that properly represents the Bible and it's teachings in this forum.

they remain filled with hatred of anyone who doesn't buy into their silly superstitions.

In fact few even understand the Bible and make up things as they go along.

Krishna - Allah - Buddha are all disappointed in their behavior and have suggested they switch faiths.

Zeus doesn't give a rats ass because he runs everything and enjoys the amusement.
O G Kush

United States

#224617 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What faith do I have?
I sound like a fundie? You got some perceptual issues if you think so.
I am quite familiar with Florida employers and businesses. Born and spent most of my life there. Why my son and I both won't do business with them over the net. Hard to find honest ones there. Florida is Carpetbagger Capital of the universe. Where I learned the realities of life and what is bullshit and what is not. At a glance.
There was a little over 2 million when I was born there.
I'm quite experienced at smoking pot. But I did it for recreation for a period of time. I outgrew it. Try putting it down and doing without it. Bet you can't.
You don't pay attention very well do you Dave?

All my time is recreational now !

So I will puff puff puff to my hearts content

I'm retired - my business is successful what do you fail to understand about this?

< turns on La-Z-Boy vibrator >

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#224618 Apr 14, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU Need to get your nose into some books and get an education. Start with the origin of Christianity that will be enough to make you shut up.
My observation on theist posters in this forum.
There isn't one Christian that properly represents the Bible and it's teachings in this forum.
they remain filled with hatred of anyone who doesn't buy into their silly superstitions.
In fact few even understand the Bible and make up things as they go along.
Krishna - Allah - Buddha are all disappointed in their behavior and have suggested they switch faiths.
Zeus doesn't give a rats ass because he runs everything and enjoys the amusement.
Amusing.

You done educated yourself into stupidity.

That is why you have such a simpleminded perception of complex issues.

Listen to the proctologist. Pull your head out of your ass. You will see more things and have a better diet to feed your mind with.
O G Kush

United States

#224619 Apr 14, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You hiring?
Not at the moment but I do have a lady who plans to retire in about four months. If she leaves I will put an ad in the paper.

Applicants must be Windows literate and fully understand how to use Excel, PowerPoint and MS Access.

The job consists largely of servicing customers, replying to their work orders and seeing them to completion.

I provide a reasonable budget for business expenses and travel expenses for employees needing to travel as part of their job.
About 30% travel is involved

Lamar, CO

#224620 Apr 14, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't pay attention very well do you Dave?
All my time is recreational now !
So I will puff puff puff to my hearts content
I'm retired - my business is successful what do you fail to understand about this?
< turns on La-Z-Boy vibrator >
If sitting in a La-Z-Boy with a vibrator is your idea of accomplishing something in life, then I feel sorry for you.

There are tons of pains and pleasures out there to experience in your one time around. You choose to sit and rot away.
O G Kush

United States

#224621 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
You done educated yourself into stupidity.
That is why you have such a simpleminded perception of complex issues.
Listen to the proctologist. Pull your head out of your ass. You will see more things and have a better diet to feed your mind with.
"You done educated yourself into stupidity."

Do you realize what you just said Dave?
< nearly dies laughing>

Just how much ed-u-ma-kation have you had?

I think you should put marijuana down forever - you have enough trouble in your pain now without using it!
O G Kush

United States

#224622 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If sitting in a La-Z-Boy with a vibrator is your idea of accomplishing something in life, then I feel sorry for you.
There are tons of pains and pleasures out there to experience in your one time around. You choose to sit and rot away.
Sounds to me like you're a jealous sorrowful old fool.

I worked plenty hard to earn my free time.
Now I am reaping my own harvest.

Yes I love sitting around doing nothing but smoking pot eating great food and having a good time every day.

When you retire I'm sure you won't do any of this I think you'll volunteer all your services to be a greeter at Walmart probably the only thing you're qualified for!

Lamar, CO

#224623 Apr 14, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like you're a jealous sorrowful old fool.
I worked plenty hard to earn my free time.
Now I am reaping my own harvest.
Yes I love sitting around doing nothing but smoking pot eating great food and having a good time every day.
When you retire I'm sure you won't do any of this I think you'll volunteer all your services to be a greeter at Walmart probably the only thing you're qualified for!
LOL!

I'm already retired and having fun poking holes in puffballs like you.

What's wrong with being a greeter at WalMart? You and them will both die. They will at least have smiled more than you have.

Sport, your life and its experience is artificial. You will realize that at its end. You really did nothing. I promise you that.

Lamar, CO

#224624 Apr 14, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at the moment but I do have a lady who plans to retire in about four months. If she leaves I will put an ad in the paper.
Applicants must be Windows literate and fully understand how to use Excel, PowerPoint and MS Access.
The job consists largely of servicing customers, replying to their work orders and seeing them to completion.
I provide a reasonable budget for business expenses and travel expenses for employees needing to travel as part of their job.
About 30% travel is involved
Collection agency?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#224625 Apr 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Not all non-believers will suffer eternal torture, some will just die. Did you know that?
Nope.

And neither do you.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#224626 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Stay off a few years.

With drug testing so prevalent now it makes finding work easier.

Pot is a soporific. It deadens your awareness to things you wouldn't be if not using it. Kind of a tunnel vision thing. It is great stuff if not used on a regular basis. Been there, done that, been hurt by it, learned some hard lessons.

Life is best enjoyed by adjusting to it with your native chemicals. A little experimentation can enhance it. Too much will damage it. You can do the same with eating some foods.

Your thinking and personality will change over the years. Drugs interfere with that. Drugs are illusions, not reality.
I have quit for years before. Not really quit, but just didn't do any. Thought I'd drink instead, that being legal and all. Got in tons of trouble. Decided to go quit drinking. Not quit, really. Just had kids and drinking didn't fit in with parenting. Kids are mostly grown now.

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Lamar, CO

#224627 Apr 14, 2014
It's been fun stopping in for a little Topix atheist smackdown. Low impact endeavors like that are enjoyable for geezers like me. No strain.

But I gotta pull back again and get some worthwhile things done.

RR, Buck, and a few others that have appeared after I drew back before do an outstanding job of showing the world how stupid Topix atheists can be/are. I would encourage those good souls to get some real exercise, though. Topix atheists are too easy. Like punching balloons.

I will say it is most impressive how many self-made millionaires, international bon vivants, academic elites, and just plain cool ass dudes are among those Topix atheists that perform on here. Could make one feel inferior if they believed that shit.

However.

So, I will now bow out again.

Have fun people.
O G Kush

United States

#224628 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Collection agency?
I took the time to look you up see how your credit was...

This one's for the Guinness book!
*This customer needs a cosigner to pay cash.

And I know I'm older
I helped Columbus load the Santa Maria.
When Columbus came to America there wasn't any government... Look how far we've come!

It's time for me to vacate the premises
Have a great day you old fart
O G Kush

United States

#224629 Apr 14, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I have quit for years before. Not really quit, but just didn't do any. Thought I'd drink instead, that being legal and all. Got in tons of trouble. Decided to go quit drinking. Not quit, really. Just had kids and drinking didn't fit in with parenting. Kids are mostly grown now.
Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.
Good one!

And this is perfect especially in this forum

"God made marijuana - man made alcohol - who do you trust?"
~??
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#224630 Apr 14, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
But it does nothing for hunger except make you more hungry. So it cant be this plant. I don't think anybody knows which plant is mentioned in this verse.
Unless it was wheat. I got nothing against marijuana but it does not feed the land.
Youre very misinformed,Canabis is great for the land and people's health

http://youtu.be/VlAPAiAvEtA

http://youtu.be/vDLiHJFPWsM

http://youtu.be/vZvFE53JzDk
Hemp,car
http://youtu.be/BLKDTfQMhfg

Lamar, CO

#224631 Apr 14, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
I took the time to look you up see how your credit was...
This one's for the Guinness book!
*This customer needs a cosigner to pay cash.
And I know I'm older
I helped Columbus load the Santa Maria.
When Columbus came to America there wasn't any government... Look how far we've come!
It's time for me to vacate the premises
Have a great day you old fart
:-)

Have a good one yourself Old Geezer.

In one of those bulk food warehouse stores in Memphis in 1978 they wanted a credit card number before they would accept the $50 bill I had. I had to lean on the manager hard in front of everyone for him to check it and accept it. That is a true story.
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#224632 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you have some issues with neuron connectivity within your brain structure resulting in the inability to collate and associate information, which of course also affects your wit production. Such disabilities do interfere with imagination and abstract thinking that most humans are capable of.
Dropped on head as baby?
Drugs in adolescent years?
You ended one leaf in this word salad with a preposition. You are useless.
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#224633 Apr 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all non-believers will suffer eternal torture, some will just die. Did you know that?
Pfffft. There are billions of Christians that disagree with you. You still have never explained why I should believe you over them.
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#224634 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
It's been fun stopping in for a little Topix atheist smackdown. Low impact endeavors like that are enjoyable for geezers like me. No strain.
RR, Buck, and a few others that have appeared after I drew back before do an outstanding job of showing the world how stupid Topix atheists can be/are. I would encourage those good souls to get some real exercise, though. Topix atheists are too easy. Like punching balloons.
I will say it is most impressive how many self-made millionaires, international bon vivants, academic elites, and just plain cool ass dudes are among those Topix atheists that perform on here. Could make one feel inferior if they believed that shit.
However.
Have fun people.
The only thing you smacked down was yourself, Monkey Boy.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#224635 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
However.
Have fun people.
wo knows if any of us believers will be around here tomorrow after a blood moon/eclipse tonight corresponding with the beginning of Passover!

See you here, there or in the air!;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,603,977
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 38 min LMFAO phartt 34,271
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Freedomofexpression 317,630
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sun Randy from Wooster 201,882
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sun It s Weather Not ... 11,574
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
More from around the web