Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255494 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#224524 Apr 14, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler and the Nazis were Christians just like you and RR.
Mao and Pol Pot were Buddhists, not atheists.
Hitler and the Nazis hated Christianity and were eradicating it from Germany.

Nuremberg documents prove this.

The issue is settled.

Move on to your next lie. Try saying Stalin was a Christian. That's a popular bald-faced lie on this thread.

Or would you like to try "dinosaurs had no DNA"?

That's another good one. Why are atheists such liars?

Location hidden

#224525 Apr 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one thing the Topix Atheist! really push:
"Atheism = intelligence"
And dinosaurs had no DNA.

Atheists are too stupid to be good liars.

Location hidden

#224526 Apr 14, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you do some research, try with the Project for a New American Century, the architects for the Second Gulf War, which BTW Bebe was involved with.
They came up with the idea of taking out Saddam way back in 1998. The plan was to take out Saddam, to the benefit of Israel then base a large U.S. military force there to dominate Middle Eastern politics. The membership list of PNAC looks like a who's who of the Bush Administration.
BTW Saddam told the Bush I administration he planned to invade Kuwait, and when the response was that was an Arab affair which we wanted no part of, he went ahead and invaded. I'm sure he was surprised at our response. One wonders if the administration wanted him to invade.
“Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
&#8213; Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Location hidden

#224527 Apr 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. You're a liar, the proof is your calling me a pedophile
Why are atheists such liars?
O G Kush

United States

#224528 Apr 14, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. Am I treading on your turf?
You speak French?
Oui je parle français assez bien.
J'ai vécu à Marseille pendant sept ans.

Je n'aime votre message maintenir le bon travail
O G Kush

United States

#224529 Apr 14, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
No-- you are 100% incorrect. Not only is child sacrifice **not** condemned? It's actually demanded of the bible-followers.
Time and time again, bible-god **commands** his people to go into a land, and **murder** everyone-- including the children.
But it's worse-- followers of the bible all too often rely on magic (prayers) instead of modern scientific medicine, when their children are ill.
And too often-- these poor kids **die** as result-- they are **sacrificed** to the bible's religion.
And there is **nothing** in the bible that forbids this-- in fact? It's **demanded** of it's followers.
So you are quite wrong.
Again.
I would say probably 80% of all Christian posters in this forum have never bother to read their Bible.

Most comments sound like something that they heard in church recently.

Or are they are severely brainwashed into the Cult of Jesus they so can't see the forest for the trees.

I find them amusing and poorly educated.
I think they fear finding out the truth about their silly religion. They don't want to pass up that possibility of heaven.

I draw the line however when they bring the superstitions into public office and then enact laws the support that superstition.

I feel our country is in serious decline - a peaceful people's Revolution is needed .

But given the demographics and the educational acuity of our population I don't think anyone has frankly the balls for it.

Our "choices" have all been pre-chosen for us by moneyed special interests pumping millions into the process.

Besides, whoever wins will be forced to play by established political rules that guarantee moneyed special interests will always come ahead of the American people's best interests.

For weeks before the elections, the lackey mainstream media (using colorful pundits) entertain us with political melodrama. They arouse us by pitting one segment of the American people against another.

They make millions bombarding us with empty, emotional, 30-second TV ads that are little more than name-calling or patriotic platitudes.

Congressional elections are sheep fighting among themselves for their favorite pre-chosen wolves.

Congressional elections merely determine which segment of the America people gets screwed by which moneyed special interests group.
O G Kush

United States

#224530 Apr 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin killed about 150 million in the name of not believing.
Hitler killed about 60 million in the name of not believing.
Mao killed about 40 million in the name of not believing.
180 thousand times as many have been killed in the name of not believing than in the name of believing.
As usual your brain is as useless as tits on a bull.

Your loving God destroyed the entire population of the planet Earth according to your Bible.

Sounds to me like your God was an pseudo atheist in training! Temper temper!

The Bible proves that he enjoys killing a lot more than redeeming. Forgiveness? forget about it!

He does have a sense of humor because he left idiots like you to comment in this forum where all can enjoy your stupidity.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#224532 Apr 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Whether you believe Marxism to be Atheistic or not is irrelevant ...
The point you need to understand ; is that when the government moves against freedom of conscience , you get totalitarianism .........100% of the time .
And that argument collapse when you eventually wake up to the fact that totalitarianism is not atheism .... 100% of the time.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#224533 Apr 14, 2014
http://www.denverpost.com/investigations/ci_2...

I am willing to bet 80% off our neo-atheist posters on here are on some sort of medication such as those.

Let me tell you what I have observed in my lifetime. The stealing of brains by drugs, illicit, and then legalized.

A Topix atheist can not claim the introduction of foreign chemicals into their thinking mechanism does not rule them.
O G Kush

United States

#224534 Apr 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>The entire nature ...?
It has been said that even if the seas were turn to ink ...that wouldn't be enough to describe even one of His many attributes ...
You should be doubtful about those things for which there is no evidence. You should not hold beliefs merely because they gratify your desires for afterlife or immortality.

If you really believe that death leads to eternal bliss then why are you wearing a seat belt?

You display a persistent sense of inadequacy, a tendency to self diminishment; Booze is probably the only refuge left for you.

" Happy the one who takes and dashes
Your little ones against the rock! "
-- Psalm 137.9.

I have lots of rocks you want to borrow some and be happy?

"If ye will not give glory unto my name saith the LORD ... I will spread dung upon your faces."
– Malachi 2.2,3.

Really? LMAO!

I believe he missed me, my makeup is even smeared.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#224535 Apr 14, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Riverside Redneck wrote his own Bible.

If he says it, it makes sense to him and you're wrong.

So sayeth da lard.
Lol.

http://youtu.be/PQ0VMDmGdx0

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#224536 Apr 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Historically, 58% of atheist leaders have mass-murdered their own people.
Prove it.

Or don't.

Like you can't prove your alleged god exists.

Beat anyone up in an alley today?

#224537 Apr 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...So , are you insinuating that there is no such thing as an Atheist ...?
You yourself were raised Christian, as was "Divinity" , "Catch","Aeroba tty" your argument insists , once a believer always a believer ...
so since it is impossible to break from ones religious foundation , "ChristineM" , be a dear and pray for me ...umm kay .
I just love the way you think that you speak for me – honey, do not imply, do not think, do not insinuate. It just makes you look foolish.

Nope I am saying as you should fully comprehend if you were not a few sandwiches short of a picnic that those 4 (FOUR) people I mentioned had religious upbringing.

A child’s education has lifelong effects on the individual, or do you not agree?

As for atheism being involved, Both Stalin and Hitler were christian to their death. Stalin may have strayed from his christian roots for a handful of years but that in no way made him atheists. As for Buddhism, can you imagine the sort of horror that turns a Buddhist into a murdering despot? Nope not atheism but years and years of mistreatment and abuse by the ruling Buddhist elite.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#224538 Apr 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Stalin killed about 150 million in the name of not believing.

Hitler killed about 60 million in the name of not believing.

Mao killed about 40 million in the name of not believing.

180 thousand times as many have been killed in the name of not believing than in the name of believing.
Ya know, you could wear one of those lobster bibs, that drool is unsightly.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#224539 Apr 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Does calling it a different word make you feel better about killing a human being?

If someone kills you, would it help if they called you a fetus?
Does it help you to call it semen?

#224540 Apr 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're equating food, education and Christmas presents to condoms?
I am stating that you are responsible for your children, not just for the parts of their life that you want to be responsible for

#224541 Apr 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course every parent is responsible for paying for their children's needs, and I do just that. But kids need to know about real life. I'm not into spoiling or babying kids, they won't get that kind of treatment when they're adults and they need to get used to it.
Good then pay for their condoms until they get a job and can afford to pay for there own. And stop winging that you tax dollars are going to prevent underage pregnancy and disease

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#224542 Apr 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Bull shit. Think again.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/02/wa...
They're just doing that to show you; how pathetic christians protesting outside abortion clinics are.

Women don't need the permission of your imaginary alleged god, to do anything and it's perfectly legal.
O G Kush

United States

#224543 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.denverpost.com/inve stigations/ci_25561024/drug-fi rms-have-used-dangerous-tactic s-drive-sales
I am willing to bet 80% off our neo-atheist posters on here are on some sort of medication such as those.
Let me tell you what I have observed in my lifetime. The stealing of brains by drugs, illicit, and then legalized.
A Topix atheist can not claim the introduction of foreign chemicals into their thinking mechanism does not rule them.
Therefore by your logic anyone who drinks falls into this category.

FYI _ YOUR BRAIN WAS STOLEN BY DOGMA

I RECOMMEND A NICE FAT JOINT, then attend church. Try not to giggle in the pew. And you are not allowed to take seconds on the communion line!

-< still laughing>

And speaking of drugs please post a reference where someone is actually overdosed and died on God's greatest gift of all to man a.k.a. marijuana

Then produce statistics to show how many fatal drug overdoses of all kind of drugs are greater than alcohol poisoning.

I have the time and my pipe ; I'll wait for your stats.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#224544 Apr 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler and the Nazis hated Christianity and were eradicating it from Germany.

Nuremberg documents prove this.

The issue is settled.

Move on to your next lie. Try saying Stalin was a Christian. That's a popular bald-faced lie on this thread.

Or would you like to try "dinosaurs had no DNA"?

That's another good one. Why are atheists such liars?
Nuremberg documents prove their crimes.

Have you actually read them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min ritedownthemiddle 1,394,653
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr -This IS Too Easy 9,796
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr cpeter1313 311,324
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Bruin For Life 32,288
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web