Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255314 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224458 Apr 13, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
But you **are** a pedophile-- that fact has long since been established.
You also beat women whenever it suits you.
You are one sick Christofascist.
Oh.

I forgot that you're just a troll.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224459 Apr 13, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>And this response of yours is one of the reasons why. Tell me, what type of construction equipment sales are taking place right now?
M'kay pumpkin.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#224460 Apr 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stupid.
(1) Every belief is a disbelief of something else. Every killing in history has been for a disbelief.
If someone kills for their religion, it is a disbelief in other religions or no religion.
(2) Atheism is not a disbelief; it is a belief.
"Atheism is the belief that God doesn't exist" -(The World Book Encyclopedia).
I'm not stupid though.

My Special Ed teacher assured me of that.

Location hidden

#224462 Apr 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Well-- to be technical, nobody was killed in the **name** of disbelief.
In the Muslim world? If you profess to be a non-believer, Islam **will** kill your azz.
The same thing in pure Christian areas-- that is, where Christianity is both government AND religion, if you profess to not believe? You get death.
This is why religion is evil.
Killing because of a disbelief is not the same as killing for a disbelief.
O G Kush

United States

#224463 Apr 13, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jesus! humps crickets.
Will that work?
No Forgery Evidence Seen in "Gospel of Jesus's Wife" Papyrus

Scientists find no evidence of fakery in an ancient papyrus scrap saying that Jesus had a wife.

The papyrus fragment is owned by an unnamed private collector, with bills of sale going back only to 1999.

Dan Vergano
National Geographic
PUBLISHED APRIL 10, 2014

Did Jesus have a wife? A controversial papyrus scrap making that suggestion dates to the eighth century A.D., assert a series of just-released scientific reports, which may point to earlier Christian beliefs.

Announced at a 2012 conference in Rome by the Harvard Divinity School's Karen King, the "Gospel of Jesus's Wife"—a scrap of papyrus with Coptic writing—contained some intriguing lines.(Related: "Jesus May Have Had a Wife, Ancient Text Suggests.")

The words "Jesus said to them, My wife ... she is able to be my disciple ..." are written on the center of the fragment. Initially dated by King to the fourth century, the message from the past resonated with ongoing debates about the role of women in Christianity, as well as echoing themes from Dan Brown's popular thriller, The Da Vinci Code.

The claim also attracted skepticism from religious scholars, who saw the fragment as a likely forgery.

But in the series of reports released by the Harvard Theological Review, various experts report analyses of the chemistry and ancient handwriting of the fragment.

They conclude that the fragment's ink is consistent with ancient inks and that its papyrus fibers date from the seventh to eighth centuries.

I wonder what he bought her for Valentine's Day?
A few extra communion wafers and a glass of wine? Or a necklace with the star of David on it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224464 Apr 13, 2014
River Tam wrote:

Killing because of a disbelief is not the same as killing for a disbelief.
Pedantry? ooo lala
O G Kush

United States

#224465 Apr 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Indeed-- it is.
Good thing, too. Otherwise, we'd have to put up with the likes of Hitler for all eternity-- for he would no doubt be in Christian Heaven™, Catholic Branch™....
... ugg.
I must say I rather like the new pope.

Of course I think he's full of shit but he seems like a decent man.

A far cry from the albatrosses currently in the Vatican.

If he does a right thing and turns every pedophile priest over to the police and they are sent immediately to prison he will win OG's approval.

This however is a fairytale and we all know that.

Organized religion is a professional business and should be taxed accordingly.

As you know good old Jimmy swaggert is on his way to the pearly gates even after two rounds with prostitutes in which he cried asking for forgiveness

He knows his god forgives this sordid behavior and his hypocritical stance insures he is a messenger for this God.
O G Kush

United States

#224466 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Heathen is an honest term , it means you atheist are in fact idol worshipers ...
Good God !!...Your knowledge of scripture surpasses my own ...and , you play so stupid ,God , never wants anyone to suffer perdition ....how many times do those sacred authors tell us to " repent " ..??
Once again it's safe to say that most atheist know more about your Bible than Christians including the apologists.

Repent from what ?
I wasn't born into sin nor were you.

How about that wife of JC?

Did he consummate his marriage and if so where is the brat?

No Forgery Evidence Seen in "Gospel of Jesus's Wife" Papyrus

Scientists find no evidence of fakery in an ancient papyrus scrap saying that Jesus had a wife.

The papyrus fragment is owned by an unnamed private collector, with bills of sale going back only to 1999.

Dan Vergano
National Geographic
PUBLISHED APRIL 10, 2014

Did Jesus have a wife? A controversial papyrus scrap making that suggestion dates to the eighth century A.D., assert a series of just-released scientific reports, which may point to earlier Christian beliefs.

Announced at a 2012 conference in Rome by the Harvard Divinity School's Karen King, the "Gospel of Jesus's Wife"—a scrap of papyrus with Coptic writing—contained some intriguing lines.(Related: "Jesus May Have Had a Wife, Ancient Text Suggests.")

The words "Jesus said to them, My wife ... she is able to be my disciple ..." are written on the center of the fragment. Initially dated by King to the fourth century, the message from the past resonated with ongoing debates about the role of women in Christianity, as well as echoing themes from Dan Brown's popular thriller, The Da Vinci Code.

The claim also attracted skepticism from religious scholars, who saw the fragment as a likely forgery.

But in the series of reports released by the Harvard Theological Review, various experts report analyses of the chemistry and ancient handwriting of the fragment.

They conclude that the fragment's ink is consistent with ancient inks and that its papyrus fibers date from the seventh to eighth centuries.

I wonder what he bought her for Valentine's Day?

A few extra communion wafers and a glass of wine?

I hope his wife was at least older than the nine-year-old Mohammed it picked up!
O G Kush

United States

#224467 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..not per se , but if one wishes to think critically ( as "O G Kush" claims she had )...you , have got to have something more than just your opinion ...
There isn't any critical thinking about religion

It consists of nothing more than organized superstition for the ignorant.

People just feel there's got to be more to life than it really is.

"Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis." ~Sigmund Freud

"The whole thing is so patently infantile, so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a friendly attitude to humanity it is painful to think that the great majority of mortals will never be able to rise above this view of life." ~Sigmund Freud
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224468 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Heathen is an honest term , it means you atheist are in fact idol worshipers ...
Good God !!...Your knowledge of scripture surpasses my own ...and , you play so stupid ,God , never wants anyone to suffer perdition ....how many times do those sacred authors tell us to " repent " ..??
What idol am I worshipping. You are a Christian which is the ultimate worship of self over everything else.

Your Divine Dear Leader is an incompetent middle manager at best.

If I didn't want people to suffer perdition, I wouldn't have it, especially for something as innocuous as a thought crime. The entire system as described in your fantasy book is a major moral failure. Infinite torture for finite thought crime is highly immoral in the standards and laws of our modern world. The authors of the Booble were trying to consolidate power and money as repentance was tied directly to tithing and acquiescence to the Church.

The best way to be an atheist is to read the Booble. This is why many atheists have a better grasp on Scripture than the theists who only get regurgitated study on Wednesday and Sunday.
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224469 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..not per se , but if one wishes to think critically ( as "O G Kush" claims she had )...you , have got to have something more than just your opinion ...
Describe the exact nature of your god and I will handily disprove it. I have yet to have one theist respond to this challenge.

Location hidden

#224470 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedantry? ooo lala
Sorry. Am I treading on your turf?

You speak French?

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#224471 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....look , I'm just sayin' it doesn't hurt to shop around ...
and , as for prostitutes .....so , long as they aren't from Thailand ; you're golden ..
( Thailand is a strange and exotic local , the girls there tend to have penises ...)
<quoted text>
Somebody needs to explain to number four that girls don't tend to have penises
no matter where their from.
..Look..I WAS THERE ....!!...
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224472 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if some Christians have that belief, they're wrong. Just like some of the Christians that think they can literally withstand the venomous bite of a snake because they've misinterpreted the Bible.
Just like I don't care how Topix Atheists! interpret the Bible, 99.9% of the time, they're wrong too.
You're lost in the woods on this one. The original poster sarcastically stated that headaches are caused by sin. You mocked her for making that statement even though she was mocking some Christians for having that belief. I illustrated that there are, indeed, Christians with that belief to illustrate that your mockery was just childish trolling. Try to keep up, nitwit.

Why should I believe you over them, anyway? Your immoral dogma is so convoluted and fractured that there is no reason to believe one Christian over another. It all goes in the dustbin together.

99.9%, eh? A number you pulled from nowhere. Quantify that statement or admit that you are once again just an intractable prevaricator. Why would a book inspired by a Divine Dear Leader be open to interpretation? Why should I trust your interpretation when there are easily millions if not billions of Christians who disagree with you? How can I trust you, when, if you are a modern evangelical Christian, just 100 years ago your views and interpretations would brand you as a heretic?

You have no compelling reason why your interpretation is correct and others are not. Christianity is nothing more than self worship, an army of one, a god styled after your likes and dislikes. Those other people are all wrong. I am right. I am going to Heaven. You're not. Blah biddy blah blah blah. What utter horse hockey. I'd say you should be ashamed of yourself but you're not smart enough to feel shame.

Las Vegas, NV

#224473 Apr 13, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Describe the exact nature of your god and I will handily disprove it. I have yet to have one theist respond to this challenge.
The entire nature ...?

It has been said that even if the seas were turn to ink ...that wouldn't be enough to describe even one of His many attributes ...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224474 Apr 13, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Sorry. Am I treading on your turf?
You speak French?
We

poo poo

Manage a toy

Poly view

Deja view

See? I speak the France talk.
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224475 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedantry? ooo lala
So, which construction equipment sales are conducted at this time on a Saturday evening?
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224476 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Look..I WAS THERE ....!!...
Psst, if they had penises, they weren't girls.

Why were you partaking in prostitution you prevaricating putz?
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224477 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>The entire nature ...?
It has been said that even if the seas were turn to ink ...that wouldn't be enough to describe even one of His many attributes ...
I never wrote entire. Describe the exact nature of your god. It has been said because your god is imaginary and no one can describe its exact nature. It is funny, though, because Christianity, Inc. rakes in billions every year while telling people exactly what Divine Dear Leader wants.

Las Vegas, NV

#224478 Apr 13, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>What idol am I worshipping. You are a Christian which is the ultimate worship of self over everything else.
Your Divine Dear Leader is an incompetent middle manager at best.
If I didn't want people to suffer perdition, I wouldn't have it, especially for something as innocuous as a thought crime. The entire system as described in your fantasy book is a major moral failure. Infinite torture for finite thought crime is highly immoral in the standards and laws of our modern world. The authors of the Booble were trying to consolidate power and money as repentance was tied directly to tithing and acquiescence to the Church.
The best way to be an atheist is to read the Booble. This is why many atheists have a better grasp on Scripture than the theists who only get regurgitated study on Wednesday and Sunday.
given more than ample time and a myriad exhortations to repent ...it is obvious God doesn't people to suffer perdition either ..

the idol you heathens adore is self ...you , put self above God ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Old Surfer Dude 1,384,161
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 38 min Chosen Traveler 32,272
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr IB DaMann 9,642
News Pastor's flock remains faithful (Jan '09) Sun Be Jesus like 36
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA May 28 predators still o... 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) May 27 cpeter1313 311,215
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) May 26 Financial Consult... 6
More from around the web