Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247418 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

IPSEC

Bedford, TX

#224276 Apr 13, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Have you wished death on anyone today? Told anyone you contribute more to society? Please do keep showing the world where a man that hates God and His children stands. I really pity you sir.
It is impossible to hate a fictional character in a terrible book. You, on the other hand, are clearly self-loathing and projecting that on others to assuage your guilt.
IPSEC

Bedford, TX

#224277 Apr 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So all kings and all priests deserve to die?
Ah, the 'rational atheist' oxymoron... Stupidity with no limit.
Snicker.
<quoted text>
So your 'reply' to the exposure of an incredibly ugly and idiotic comment is to post more???
How about admitting how stupid it was???
There is no depth to the idiocy of 'rational atheist' oxymorons...
Smile.
You just characterized Scripture as an idiotic comment. Burn.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#224278 Apr 13, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Preaching a different gospel? Called the truth. And they were burned at the stake for it.
I just read that Kansas is attempting to pass a law to black out The Cosmos series.
THIS is the reason I argue against religion.
..Well , this could be the machinations of ' white supremacists '..or...' young earthers '..

Either way , Neil deGrasse is the victor ; nothing pulls in a crowd like censorship and banning ..

NEIN NEIN NEIN .....different ideas where frequent and numerous ...denying the Trinity or the divinity of Jesus , and broadcasting these views , these are the men and women we barbequed ..
IPSEC

Bedford, TX

#224279 Apr 13, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
As an atheist what absolute moral standard are you appealing to here?
As atheism cannot supply one, would it be the Christian moral standard?
The one you are denying, but appealing to, to make your argument.
You clearly are not really an atheist, just a pretend one...
If there is an absolute moral standard, then your god is unnecessary, because it is independent of it. If your god is the arbiter of this standard, then it is changeable at whim, and such change is demonstrated in the bible, and is therefore not absolute.

Spare me the apologetics how your god can change absolute standards if it wants to. That would render them non-absolute. If you still contend they are absolute, that Divine Command is ruled moot. It really is that simple.

Besides, superior secular morality has already made illegal many of the things the Bible character considered fully moral.

Las Vegas, NV

#224280 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You got a point.
Turds don't hate Christians....
..THIS IS GOD'S HONEST TRUTH ..!!...I have always found turds, to be quite benevolent ...
IPSEC

Bedford, TX

#224281 Apr 13, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
What future?
You are an atheist, your life is pointless, if you of course actually believe in atheism.
All you are is a chemical accident, that will be forgotten in a very short time after your death...
With that in mind why are you rejecting the nihilism that your worldview truly leads you too...
Your life is pointless...
Your morality is suspect. Requiring a belief in a non-evidential afterlife to give your real life meaning is sad, silly, and sordid and usually leads to carnage of all types.

My life is full of meaning. I am sorry yours is not. Only you can change that.

Atheists, as a rule, aren't nihilists. You are promoting nihilism with your viewpoint. It really is alarmingly sad.
IPSEC

Bedford, TX

#224282 Apr 13, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a rational response to make?
Do you? Stating that others are nihilistic or have pointless lives because they don't believe in your brand of Divine Dear Leader is not rational. It is nothing more than extension of your addled ego. Your god is invented in your mind and you use all manner of justification to pretend you have superiority for your position.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224283 Apr 13, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the fuckingparrot who's been tuning in to the Pistorius trial on HLN. A discernible pattern of yours, mimicry.
I know you're not talking about me, because I haven't seen one second of the Pistorius trial.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224284 Apr 13, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entirely ignorant of how DNA works-- aren't you?
Start with the subject "epigenetics" and get back to us, after you've learned a thing or three-- before you embarrass your pedophile-self yet **again**.
Nah. You're a liar, the proof is your calling me a pedophile

Las Vegas, NV

#224285 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very true. I've posted links several times offering evidence that Christian schools produce far more intelligent graduates than secular, state funded schools.
They choose to ignore that, they always do.
..something is misaligned , in the Atheists brain ....they, believe by rejecting the existence of God , magically their IQ's somehow skyrocket ...it's absurd .
O G Kush

United States

#224286 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, your into conspiracy theories I see.
No one fabricated Saddam's invasion of Kuwait
Tell me when did the USA became the new world Police?

Every American soldier killed overseas; fighting on foreign soil for the military, since 1946, has died for political gain and power in the region ; NOT for American freedom.

It is the poor soldiers who suffer this and the families of those brave young men and women whose young lives have been squandered, truncated and maimed.

Korea? Cuba? Panama? Grenada? Vietnam? Bosnia-Herzegovina?
Afghanistan? Iraq?

For Our freedom? LMAO!

You are living a dream world enjoy it! Walter Reed Hospital is a disgrace. Is this the best we can offer our returning heroes? Of course not.

Does your government really give a rats ass? NO!

PS: I guess you missed the public refusal to acknowledge Vietnam? Not the best way to treat "heroes " returning from yet another illegal war.

Shameful to say at the least.
IPSEC

Bedford, TX

#224287 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...it's called " the ten commandments " ....You are welcome ...
The Ten Commandments are morally inferior to many other laws, including the Code of Hammurabi. Most of the Commandments proscribe thought crime, which is ridiculous.

The Satan character has direct knowledge of the Christ character and dwells in a place allegedly free of sin, yet somehow it was able to sin and didn't find that story compelling enough to not sin. Are we to now believe there is free will in Heaven. After all, we are told we sin on Earth because we are given free will but Heaven is a place without sin.

When are you going to realize how silly the pretzel twists of your beliefs are?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#224289 Apr 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a response, every time, to lies about Christian atrocities.
If you can't take it, don't dish it.
"The holocaust, Inquisition and Crusades never happened." Bucktard

Las Vegas, NV

#224290 Apr 13, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Divine Dear Leader has a masculine pronoun because men wrote the Bible.
yeah , they did ....But every theist would absolutely agree " God has no gender " ...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224291 Apr 13, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Probably apologetic links.
They can never be trusted.
Reading:
The average private school mean reading score was 14.7 points higher than the average public school mean reading score

Mathematics:
The average private school mean mathematics score was 7.8 points higher than the average public school mean mathematics score

And that's just grade 4. You can continue reading, unless of course you think a government website is an "apologetic link".....

http://nces.ed.gov/nationsreportcard/pubs/stu...
IPSEC

Bedford, TX

#224292 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no difference between you and a turd.
Please show me where Christianity improves the breed.
IPSEC

Bedford, TX

#224293 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text> yeah , they did ....But every theist would absolutely agree " God has no gender " ...
Every theist agrees? You can barely get two Christians to agree on even basic theology.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224294 Apr 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they did - about 150 million in 90 years.
Atheists murdered more people for atheism in 90 years than Christians in all of world history.
The average atheist year killed 182,000 times Christianity's worst year.
You atheists should not mention atrocities. You have the bloodiest hands in history.
You still pushing that lie, Buck ?

You sound just like Hitler.
IPSEC

Bedford, TX

#224295 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no scenario that the second gulf war takes place without the first gulf war.
So yes lots of reasons for the second gulf war, but never would there have been those reasons without the first , get that much through your head. End of story.
I never made that claim but your story is ignoring the events that led to both, and money is at the root of it all.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224296 Apr 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The crimes of atheism gave us Auschwitz, the Gulags, Nazi gas chambers, Cambodia's Killing Fields, Mao's "great leap forward" which killed 45 million in 4 years,...the list goes on.
Atheist fingers are too bloody to go pointing at someone else.
Hitler and the Nazis were Christians just like you and RR.

Mao and Pol Pot were Buddhists, not atheists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,276,069
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 6,880
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr RoSesz 310,231
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr tom wingo 29,926
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web