Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#224185 Apr 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very true. I've posted links several times offering evidence that Christian schools produce far more intelligent graduates than secular, state funded schools.
They choose to ignore that, they always do.
What we have here is a failure to interpret intelligence.

< In my best Strother Martin voice >
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#224186 Apr 12, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
You used "the faithful" and "thought critically" in the same sentence.
LMAO!
If these people could **actually** think critically?
They would not be religious, would they?
LMAO!
Many of those folks spent countless years achieving their exceedingly high levels of ignorance.
Let us not withhold credit where credit is due.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224187 Apr 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though scientists can't find the "switched-off" genes that control dinosaur-like traits?
Huh...
You are entirely ignorant of how DNA works-- aren't you?

Start with the subject "epigenetics" and get back to us, after you've learned a thing or three-- before you embarrass your pedophile-self yet **again**.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#224188 Apr 12, 2014
Somebody has come along and given me negative judge-its on my preceding posts; matter of fact, I remember someone gave me some negative ones yesterday when I stated that time-theft from one's employer is a bad thing.

What to do, whatever to do?

ROFLMAO comes to mind!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224189 Apr 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you don't know something then it proves goddidit." - RR
ROFLMAO
Indeed-- RR is an idiot.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#224190 Apr 12, 2014
And lo! While I was constructing the previous post, two more of my previous posts got negative judge-its.

ROFLMAO some more!

Good night, good people and flatulent dolts; each of you knows who you are.

(Give this one a negative judge-it for a clean sweep.)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224191 Apr 12, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
As you noticed from the post to which I attached mine, it is, sadly, a view held by way too many still.
Fortunately, the evolution of our society will eventually castigate them severely.
Progress is slow, but steady.

Eventually, the sad little hate-cult that is Genuine Christianity™ will either evolve into a less hate-filled version, or it will fade away like the German Nazi party.

Already, there is a marked diversion: if you look around, you can easily spot the versions of christianity that will survive, in contrast to the ones which won't.

Example: the theologically-liberal Episcopalians, who not only recognize that being gay is as natural as men going bald, but they both ordain openly gay people, and they marry them too.

Likely that branch will survive the enlightening of human culture.

The sad little hate-branches that RR follows? Just like the Phelp's of Kansas, they will die off slowly--but certainly. And become no more relevant than Druidism is now.

It's only a matter of time.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224192 Apr 12, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
While certainly having not always been true, most of my working life has been as an independent agent or as the head executive of a company. I've never had the tolerance for cheats, loafers and miscreants, despite my otherwise pleasant demeanor.
I despise cheats, cons and thieves myself-- for what else do you call an "employee" who takes a paycheck, but refuses to actually **work** for said check? In defiance of the mutual agreement, when he was hired?

But a thief.

Clearly Rancid Redneck is just a common thief, as well as a pedophile, a wife-beater and a generally all-around horrid example of humanity.

It's saddening to think, he shares 99.99% of the DNA with the rest of humankind.

I'd much rather share with our close cousins, the chimpanzees or the bon bo apes.... or even the cetaceans. A superior mammal species, if ever there was one.

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224193 Apr 12, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What we have here is a failure to interpret intelligence.
< In my best Strother Martin voice >
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224194 Apr 12, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of those folks spent countless years achieving their exceedingly high levels of ignorance.
Let us not withhold credit where credit is due.
Indeed-- I've seen life-long alcoholics, with alcohol-damaged brains, with more mental capacity and thinking ability than your typical faith-head.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224195 Apr 12, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
Somebody has come along and given me negative judge-its on my preceding posts; matter of fact, I remember someone gave me some negative ones yesterday when I stated that time-theft from one's employer is a bad thing.
What to do, whatever to do?
ROFLMAO comes to mind!
That is a most excellent response.

Even better: ignore him-- such folk **crave** attention.**any** attention.

To deny them attention, is the worst fate they can imagine.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224196 Apr 12, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
And lo! While I was constructing the previous post, two more of my previous posts got negative judge-its.
ROFLMAO some more!
Good night, good people and flatulent dolts; each of you knows who you are.
(Give this one a negative judge-it for a clean sweep.)
Ta!

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#224197 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is responsible for the deliberate dumbing down of Americans for several hundred years.
That's convincing, considering you as an example.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#224198 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Teaching that everything was created by gawd in the garden of stupidity, and you ate a magical fruit , recommended by nodda snake to make to smart enough to find the door out of the place. Ugh Huh!
That was then. Now they teach Al Gore's movie.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#224200 Apr 13, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What I post is correct and the sane folks here know it.
Only a couple of Christ-Stains trolls agree with you.
Sure. Like each state has a Congress.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#224201 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Turds are atheist.
And proud.
When an atheist eats a turd, is that cannibalism?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#224202 Apr 13, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
My life is what I make it.
Your life is wasted waiting for the next one that likely doesn't exist.
And we'll both be forgotten not long after our deaths.
I will forget you before you're dead.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#224203 Apr 13, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that 3% of coffee is insect parts?
No, but if you hum a few bars I'll try to pick up on it.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#224204 Apr 13, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Genghis Khan and the cave men have nothing on the christians as far as rape and massacre goes.
Then add the numbers for the sexual abuse of children, perpetrated by christian clergy.
People were better off without christianity.
--The historical record of killing for atheism is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity's worst year.

--Atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#224205 Apr 13, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an easy one. Christianity is the root cause of Arthritis as well as the reason all Scientific advances towards a cure, have been slowed considerably.
http://www.demonbuster.com/spiritu4.html
The pain of Arthritis would also be more manageable if not non existent, if christians hadn't decided that a natural plant should be illegal.
Next.
That might be the dumbest thing I've seen on Topix.

Arthritis existed before Christianity existed.

"A" causing "B" requires the existence of "A".

If "A" does not exist, it cannot cause "B".

You atheists are some dumb sonsubitches. There are people hiding in caves waiting for WWII to end who are smarter than you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,601,747
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Fuggleton 11,565
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr cpeter1313 317,509
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 34,213
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web