Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258515 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#223945 Apr 11, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Christianity is responsible for every bad thing that has happened in the history of mankind.
HA HA HA!!!

"Every bad thing"....

Hey Buck, add this one to the Topix Atheist! learning list....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223946 Apr 11, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Christianity is responsible for every bad thing that has happened in the history of mankind. Which I'll happily demonstrate in any scenario.
lol

OK, please explain how Christianity is responsible for Genghis Khan's massacres.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223947 Apr 11, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Christianity is responsible for every bad thing that has happened in the history of mankind. Which I'll happily demonstrate in any scenario.
lol

OK, please explain why Christianity is responsible the the Challenger blowing up.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#223948 Apr 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
OK, please explain how Christianity is responsible for Genghis Khan's massacres.
I'LL TELL YA HOW!

God didn't send his son in time to educate the world. God is such a bad parent he created most of his kids without any morals. THE WHOLE BLAME IS ON UR GOD AND HIS RELIGION, WHICH U BELIEVE IS ONLY CHRISTIANITY!!

There, I said it. I bet u can't handle the truth though!

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#223949 Apr 11, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:

OK. Explain how Christianity is responsible for arthritis.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223950 Apr 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
And how much would you charge the children for there education?
And the food that they eat?
Tell me would you invoice them for there christmas presents too?
You're equating food, education and Christmas presents to condoms?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223951 Apr 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not teaching responsibility that is teaching that their father is unwilling to accept responsibility for his actions, as we have seen on several previous occasions before. And what is so worrying is that you donít even realise what you do.
I have serious problems with asking children to pay for their life. Just as I have with genital mutilation and forcing children into religious indoctrination before they are capable of making their own decisions. But certainly you see no problem with indoctrinating children into your faith do you?
My kids get an allowance that is topped up with payment for chores. That is their money and theirs alone, money that they have earned to use as and when they want. Not to pay for needs that I am responsible for.
Of course every parent is responsible for paying for their children's needs, and I do just that. But kids need to know about real life. I'm not into spoiling or babying kids, they won't get that kind of treatment when they're adults and they need to get used to it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223952 Apr 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
Stalin, raised christian,
So what? I think just about every Topix Atheist! was raised a Christian. YOU were raised a Christian.

Are you a Christian or are you an atheist?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#223953 Apr 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!!
"Every bad thing"....
Hey Buck, add this one to the Topix Atheist! learning list....
Christians are responsible for high humidity.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#223954 Apr 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? I think just about every Topix Atheist! was raised a Christian. YOU were raised a Christian.
Are you a Christian or are you an atheist?
She's an atheist - like Stalin.

She hates Christians - like Hitler.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223955 Apr 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Christians are responsible for high humidity.
Yes, of course.

Christianity is responsible caveman rapes.

Duh

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#223956 Apr 11, 2014
So are you guys saying all religion hasn't done anything evil or just what was said is inaccurate?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#223957 Apr 11, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
So are you guys saying all religion hasn't done anything evil or just what was said is inaccurate?
It's a game with a scorecard to these douchebags.

That's why I don't get into the "who's winning in body count" with them.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#223958 Apr 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't back up your bullshit lies.
Go figure.
Remember this?

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In the context of Catcher's post, being that we all need to "bite the bullet" and help each other out, the 'boo hoo' was completely unwarranted.
I do not have health insurance because it's too expensive. I never used it one time in 2013 and they still raised it 30%, they raised everyone that works for my company 30%. That over 250,000 people that are getting stuck with a higher premium thanks to the Unaffordable Care Act.
Are you complaining that conservative politicians tried blocking it? Why? The bill was so enormous and filled with so many extra taxes, fees and fines, they knew it was bad for the people. Great for the gub'ment. Great for the insurance companies. But bad for the people.
To answer your question; no. I don't think universal health care is needed. I don't see health care a right, I see it as a privilege like voting or driving.
I DO think that emergency medical, fire, military and police should be everyone's right.
But to say that taxes should pay for people's private medical insurance? Nope.

**********TIME FOR ANOTHER PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT**********

<<<<<<< <<Employers Beware:>>>>> >>>>>

***Time(and therefore wage)-thieving RiversideRedneck* cheating area employer***

To summarize to date:
50,059 posts in 21 months. 2355 posts per month.
At 12 hours per day invested, 80 posts per day, rounded. 6.8 posts per hour, averaged over the 12-hour day of posting time.
12 hours per day, 335 days (reduced for 1 day/week not posting)(generous allowance), that's 4020 hours annually.
Notice, in that time subject has not only posted, but researched(?) googled, etc., to prepare for responses.
Typical 8-hour per day job ='s 40 hrs/wk or 2000 hours/year.
Looks like Redneck spends twice as much time on Topix as he does at his "job", and leaves precious little time after posting (records show a pattern of not less than 12 hours per day online) to actually be "at" - let alone "perform" - his "job".
To finish, Redneck then (without even allowing for travel time, etc.) somehow manages out of the remaining 4 hours per day he has left after his primary duty (Topix) and his secondary duty ("job") to divide between personal needs, family time, sleep and so forth.

Looks like he's screwing everything he claims to be sacred to him - family, friends, its supposed God, and work.

What a fine example this psychologically unbalanced and impaired specimen is to his cause.

(PS: It is safe to assume/presume that >99% of Redneck's contributions on Topix have little to no value.)

END OF PUBLIC SERVICE FRAUD ALERT
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#223959 Apr 11, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I know you're not Catcher. I've been reading your posts from years ago, assume it was the same Rocco in California.
Those of you who seem not to suffer from any mental or emotional impairment know that the two of us are distinctly separate entities.

Hi, Rosa!

:)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#223960 Apr 11, 2014
Study:'Jesus' wife' fragment not a fake
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/04/10/stud...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223961 Apr 11, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
It's a game with a scorecard to these douchebags.
No. What was written was incorrect.

Divinity Surgeon:
Christianity is responsible for every bad thing that has happened in the history of mankind.

It's the Topix Atheists! playing their game..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223962 Apr 11, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<<<<<<< <<Employers Beware:>>>>> >>>>>
You're a sad little man, Catchocco.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#223963 Apr 11, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
It's not **MY** claim you hate-filled bigot.

It is **YOUR** claim that hell is real, and your ugly torturer-god is real as well.

It is up to YOU TO PROVE YOUR UGLY CLAIM.

I can simply dismiss it without further ado-- SINCE YOU HAVE NO PROOF.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#223964 Apr 11, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Because "believe or burn in hell" can't be reasonably seen as anything BUT a threat.
Exactly right.

It's an EMPTY threat, too--- as they have NO PROOF of their ugly torturer-god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min VetnorsGate 1,745,689
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 43 min Tom 336,837
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun Chosen Traveler 35,803
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 24 Wisdom of Ages 12,331
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2