Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#223299 Apr 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Law schools do not teach the Constitution.

They teach tactics for getting around it.

I understand the Constitution better than most lawyers. and better than all judges.
You're a legend in your own mind.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mind...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#223300 Apr 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The Civil War did not change the Constitution.
Establishment of religion was never a state right. There is no such right.
But the establishment clause protects the states' ability to deal with religious issues as they see fit. The First Amendment has not been repealed, unless you have news I'm not aware of.
The Federal Government is still subject to the U.S. Constitution, last time I checked. And that Constitution says they will "make no law" on this subject.
All my efforts, gone to waste.

The magic number, Buck.

Remember?

Does it ring a bell?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#223301 Apr 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a guy who ran an abortion clinic.
His motto was, "No fetus can defeat us."
Now get up on that cross and fantasize abut 12-year-old Mary.
Do you think calling a human being a "fetus" makes it not a human being?

What other names could we utilize to remove someone's humanity?

Black? Woman? Homosexual?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#223302 Apr 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but only we have the Internet.
+1 for Earth
:-)
Hehehe.

Location hidden

#223303 Apr 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All my efforts, gone to waste.
The magic number, Buck.
Remember?
Does it ring a bell?
You are wrong, Counselor, and you have lost that argument with me before.

The 14th was adopted on July 9, 1868.

The following amendment was proposed and voted on in Congress in 1875:

"No State shall make any law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

The amendment failed.

So here are the 3 problem presented to you:

(1) IF CONGRESS APPLIED THE ESTABLISHMENT CLAUSE TO STATES WITH THE ADOPTION OF THE 14TH AMENDMENT IN 1868, WHY WOULD THEY PROPOSE APPLYING THE ESTABLISHMENT CLAUSE TO STATES IN 1875?

(2) IF CONGRESS VOTED TO APPLY THE ESTABLISHMENT CLAUSE TO STATES IN 1868, WHY WOULD THEY OPPOSE DOING WHAT THEY HAD ALREADY DONE IN 1875?

(3) HOW DID CONGRESS FORGET THAT THEY HAD ALREADY APPLIED THE ESTABLISHMENT CLAUSE TO STATES ONLY 7 YEARS EARLIER?

This clearly proves you wrong, but if you need to be more wrong, I can cite you federal cases after 1868 on religious issues where the plaintiffs DID NOT EVEN TRY TO ARGUE THAT THE 14TH AMENDMENT INCORPORATED THE FIRST AMENDMENT TO THE STATES.

Location hidden

#223304 Apr 6, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...wow
You're so freakin' delusional...its awesome.
Gargle my nuts.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#223305 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Why she was on the train tracks is very relevant. You can't just come up with a hypothetical situation that makes no sense whatsoever.
I asked for human unconditional love, not make-believe unconditional love.
Why was she on the tracks?
Hypothetical? Hardly.
It is a real life story Einstein. I already told you it happened quite recently.
Why and how she came to be on the tracks is completely irrelevant to the selfless act which cost him his own life.
Irrelevant son.

You said you could show why an act that is "unconditional" is not unconditional..
NOW you wish to place YOUR conditions on it.
Nope. It does not work that way.

Why was his selfless act not an act of unconditional love?
Make your case.

Location hidden

#223306 Apr 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t know if science knows or even can come close to the number of stars outside the earths atmosphere. I have heard in our own universe there could be as many as 400 million stars.
I have heard one Astronaut say that he believed there were 400 million galaxies and each having 400 million stars. So the number of stars reaches a point of being so great that we can’t fathom its numbers. We are talking a lot of real estate outside our atmosphere. This is no small place, this cosmos.
I do believe somewhere in all the trillions and trillions of stars is a new earth. I also believe there’s a place where the righteous will abide called,“heaven.”
You can deny there’s a heave if you will but you can’t deny the vastness of the cosmos. I believe heaven is somewhere out there in the cosmos. It may take a way to travel not yet fathomed by mankind. Light speed is way too slow for this kind of journey.
Obviously NASA believes there is something out there because of all the work that has gone on listening to the stars. This is an area of science that we haven’t even scratched the surface.
It would be interesting to hear a real unbiased PHD Mathematician calculate the possibility of another earth like ours in the cosmos. The bible scripture does mention a “New Heaven and Even if we could travel at light speed we could not get from one end of the cosmos to the other in our life time.a New Earth.”
I don’t believe with the vastness of the cosmos this is a unrealistic statement. Only Atheist believe this is impossible.
"Even if we could travel at light speed we could not get from one end of the cosmos to the other in our life time."
Really? Did you ever hear of "folding"?

"It would be interesting to hear a real unbiased PHD Mathematician calculate the possibility of another earth like ours in the cosmos.'
Been done. Look it up.

Location hidden

#223307 Apr 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but only we have the Internet.
+1 for Earth
:-)
Prove it.
Oh rats. silly me, you can not.
<smile>

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#223308 Apr 6, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You have atheism confused with right wing, republican, Christian conservatism.
Which is mainly comprised of Christians.

Location hidden

#223309 Apr 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you.
Belief in a higher power,(God) has helped millions break free of all sorts of addictions including my own brother who was a hopeless alcoholic and drug addict.
I’m not aware of anyone ever claiming Atheism helped them break free of addictions, build schools for the poor, help the homeless world over, feed the hungry by the millions, build hospitals, fund medical research. All of these are just a few.
What has Atheism done for the better of mankind? One little group of about 10 Atheist in Dallas Texas passed out sandwiches one day to some people living on the street. They are hardly a Salvation Army type organization.
“Organized Superstition,” as you call it has helped put orphans in good homes and orphanages around the world. I don’t see much happening with the Atheist Charities. Now a lot of Atheist try to draft this billionaire or that billionaire as being a benevolent Atheist.
The fact remains that Atheism as an organized group has done little to nothing. Yet you make this statement,“Religion has never advanced mankind…” Tell that to all the stomachs we have fed and all the families we have helped over the last 200 years.
The Atheist creed continues to be and will always be, "Me, Myself and I."
Good point.
Regardless of whether there is "proof" of deity or not, there is certainly proof to dispel the other poster's nonsense about not helping or advancing mankind.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#223310 Apr 6, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sick.
Yes. It is.

Warren Jeffs (The leader and 'prophet of the FLDS) is in prison for raping a 12 year old girl. The FLDS claims it wasn't rape because they were "married". The FLDS still claims Jeffs is the 'Mouth of God'.

The FLDS claims to be the only "Real Christians"...... sound familiar ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#223311 Apr 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The Civil War did not change the Constitution.
You have no clue what an "amendment" is do you, retard ?

Goddam! If brains were dynamite you couldn't even blow your nose.

Location hidden

#223312 Apr 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Selective breeding is not evolution. It is intelligently orchestrated and results in no new species.
It is obvious you failed to read my post.

Location hidden

#223313 Apr 6, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You can't rewrite legend to your liking..
Utter nonsense.
Legend status is achieved only by adding to the story as the need of the orator at the time retelling the legendary stories, chooses.
That is exactly how the legend grows. If the starting story of the "legend" is told in fact and time and sequence, every single time it is told, it is not a legend. It is but a mere story.

Location hidden

#223315 Apr 6, 2014
Funny... the only one that the mod filter said was "offensive" was the 5th one on the list.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#223316 Apr 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>You are simply incorrect.
I have raised and conducted a chicken breeding program for decades. I can show you the progression of a controlled breeding program which has in fact bred out certain traits and bred in other certain traits.
Since that is true and has been demonstrated to be successful in changing the entire appearance so much so that an entirely new breed is named as a result, then reason dictates that over a much greater span of time than just a few decades, even greater "changes" are possible.

Now, can and does, a species morph into a completely different creature and species besides just "breed" characteristic differences within a single species, I can not say. I can only prove what I have witnessed as far as evolution is concerned within a single species ... and it is most certainly "empirical" evidence. Of that you can be sure.
Same old nonsense, pointing to genetic variation as evidence for genetic evolution.

Location hidden

#223317 Apr 6, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I'm undoubtedly a better Christian than you.
Of course you are...

Location hidden

#223318 Apr 6, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Oh really , then explain how a duplication error contains less information than a correct duplication.
That would bolster my argument...

Location hidden

#223319 Apr 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Selective breeding is not evolution. It is intelligently orchestrated and results in no new species.
"Selective breeding is not evolution."

Nonsense.
Nature, environment, need, is the "selective breeder", Einstein.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Archie Bunker 1,110,936
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Brian_G 305,669
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 11 hr broombroom 200,977
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr Bruin For Life 27,419
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••