Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 10,703)

Showing posts 214,041 - 214,060 of223,979
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's disruptive in a public school classroom, they certainly do have a right to not have to hear it.
most schools have policy forbidding spoken obscenity and profanity.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>My solution is keeping my kids occupied on other things and monitoring, heavily monitoring, any and all Internet activity.

All a parent needs to do is spend time with their kids and make them understand responsibility, starting from a very early age. For a long time now I've been teaching my kids about bills, about money, and about taking care of themselves and how it's done.

I've also warned them, countless times, that if they ever do knock a girl up that they're on their own. I've given them a coldhearted promise that I will not buy them one single diaper if they can be that irresponsible.

It's called Toughlove. I don't think many parents nowadays are capable of doing that. My sister-in-law for example, she's told her kids that they don't ever have to move out, but they can live with mommy and daddy forever. Doing stuff like that will give the child absolutely no motivation to excel or succeed in their own lives. They'll remain dependent on their parents as long as they can. I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with that kind of child rearing.
So you're an "abstinence only" type?

Yeah. That works.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm all for early teens not having sex at all.

[QUOTE] Just because you choose age limits under which certain activities should be banned make no difference to whether those activities occur or not. We are talking about people’s lives here not party political politics
"

I don't choose the age limits, darling. The laws of the United States do. United States federal law says at the age of sexual consent is 18. The majority of states see it as 16, but some are 17 and others stick with the federal 18 year mark.

So handing out condoms to 15-year-olds and allowing legal abortions without the parents knowledge or consent to a 13-year-old girl should be a federal crime.
How old were you your first time?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My solution is keeping my kids occupied on other things and monitoring, heavily monitoring, any and all Internet activity.
All a parent needs to do is spend time with their kids and make them understand responsibility, starting from a very early age. For a long time now I've been teaching my kids about bills, about money, and about taking care of themselves and how it's done.
I've also warned them, countless times, that if they ever do knock a girl up that they're on their own. I've given them a coldhearted promise that I will not buy them one single diaper if they can be that irresponsible.
It's called Toughlove. I don't think many parents nowadays are capable of doing that. My sister-in-law for example, she's told her kids that they don't ever have to move out, but they can live with mommy and daddy forever. Doing stuff like that will give the child absolutely no motivation to excel or succeed in their own lives. They'll remain dependent on their parents as long as they can. I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with that kind of child rearing.
Interesting.
" that if they ever do knock a girl up that they're on their own."
" I've given them a coldhearted promise that I will not buy them one single diaper if they can be that irresponsible."

So, it is OK to you to endanger your own grandchild(ren), disown and alienate your own kids in the process, and smugly proclaim that they must be perfect and if they are not ... they get tossed aside like a candy wrapper.
How loving and benevolent of you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, I messed up too.

Kids are stupid, inexperienced. They need to be reminded of that constantly or they'll get their head up their ass thinking they know better, like a lot of us did.
Like ALL of us did.

Trying to force abstinence is a fool's errand.

Don't encourage, but accept reality and keep them safe.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
ID is the pursuit of valid science. It rises or falls on the science.
Nobody should be against that.
Incidentally, the largest creationist organizations vehemently oppose ID.
ID is a christian in liar clothing

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting.
" I've given them a coldhearted promise that I will not buy them one single diaper if they can be that irresponsible."

So, it is OK to you to endanger your own grandchild(ren), disown and alienate your own kids in the process, and smugly proclaim that they must be perfect and if they are not ... they get tossed aside like a candy wrapper.
He beats kids and women.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So do I.
If you would've put it as logically as he did, you and I would've never debated it.

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
that's funny, cuz i did the same with yours!
"i'm the only psuedo-quazi mumbo-jumbo hindamuslabudajewian in the world!" Duane
I just want you to know that I plagiarized the following. In any case, it's entirely true:

"It helps me get to the end of your eye-rollingly shitty posts by imaging your head is a big meatloaf with red pepper lips, an olive nose and hard boiled egg eyes. Then I read your dumbnuts post in the voice of the mom vulture in bugs bunny. Voila. Tolerable."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

[QUOTE who="Aerobatty"
So you're an "abstinence only" type?
Yeah. That works.[/QUOTE]

No.

I'm a "responsible sex only" type.

My post made it clear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
How old were you your first time?
3rd base, 15.

Home run, 16.

You?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Perfect? Who said anything about them being perfect? I was talking about them knocking up a girl, not being perfect.

I also said nothing about tossing them aside or alienating them, I said I've warned them that if they do get a girl knocked up, they are financially responsible, not me.

Maybe you should re-read my post, I won't be dragged into another conversation of what I didn't say.

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
ID is the pursuit of valid science. It rises or falls on the science.
Nobody should be against that.
Incidentally, the largest creationist organizations vehemently oppose ID..
ID isn't derived from science. It's the artful obfuscation of religion by masquerading it as science.

ID doesn't have theory. It conflates its findings with design by thoroughly ignoring the historical, theory driven and hypothesis based refutation of design by the biological sciences. ID is intellectual dishonesty mixed with baseless stupidity.

It relies utterly on arguments from ignorance, arguments from incredulity, misdirection and dishonest, ignorant scholarship.

It's not surprising that you wave the ID banner.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
Like ALL of us did.
Trying to force abstinence is a fool's errand.
Don't encourage, but accept reality and keep them safe.
No, not like all of us did.

My oldest son is nearly 18 and he hasn't done any of the irresponsible things I did. Hell, he hasn't even kissed yet. I've got him more interested in his education rather than getting his dick wet.

My dad raised me wrong, he never discussed the birds and the bees with me, never warned me about pregnancy, never taught me shit about women. When my son was born, I swore to him that I'd do better.

So far, so good.

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I'm a "responsible sex only" type.
My post made it clear.
That's cool. It's really the only way to go.

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
WHERE are your solutions sir?
Education.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
It's statistically worse pedophilia.
:-(
Those of us who are sane know that.

Since they justify their deity raping little girls then think it is OK for them too.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are schools teaching safe sex, they're teaching sex to a crowd that is far too young. Thanks to the Liberals, they're handing out free condoms in school and demonstrating how to use them with phallic fruit. Not only that, 13-year-old girls can go get free abortions without their parents knowledge or consent, again thanks to the Liberals.
We know you prefer to educate little girls in the back of you van.

"Damn secular laws !" - RR

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>If you would've put it as logically as he did, you and I would've never debated it.

If you would've read it as logically as he did, you wouldn't have fired off your angry tirade.

Now, apologize.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
The second part is something even kids should know nowadays. If only they taught it in ALL schools.
I know. I don't know how some of these people think: that two people of the same gender somehow spontaneously create disease when they have sex.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 214,041 - 214,060 of223,979
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr Yeah but 305,065
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••