Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
214,021 - 214,040 of 224,543 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a nice day.
..Thank-you .."Aerobatty"..but , I have other plans ...
O G Bush

Archer, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only a matter of time before buck tells you how wrong you are.
Ms. Buck Crick provides comedy relief for the thread only.

I have yet to see anything posted by this individual that warrants any attention whatever.

But, I do find her remarks at times quite funny and, it makes my day to have a good laugh.

"You don't talk about the spherical earth with NASA and then say let's give equal time to the flat earthers."

Neil Degrasse Tyson...
astrophysicist - after creationist groups demanded airtime on his new space science program, Cosmos

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your precious England has a Christian heritage. A STRONG Christian heritage.
You're saying that England is still intolerant.
Dumb ass.
Not precious but true, it has a very strong Christian heritage and that heritage is at least partly responsible to a lot of the atrocities committed in Englandís name over the centuries.

Part of the reason why that heritage is in serious decline.

You will also note the UK holds some responsibility for the popularity of christianity in the US. Early settlers left the UK and sailed to the US to avoid the religious tolerance that was beginning to permeate society here. The Puritan movement is a perfect example.

More recently, in just 10 years those claiming christianity in the UK has declined from 71.7% to 59.4% with between 9% to 22%(depending on the poll you choose) claiming belief in god with just 2.5% attending church regularly. Those being mostly the elderly with few or no young blood to fill the gaps.

It is estimated that christianity will be a minority faith within 30 years and close to extinction within 50.

Not only in the UK but in most of Europe religion has lost its hold on the population and is no longer a threat.

As for intolerant, pretty much, if that intolerance includes eastern European immigrants and Syrian asylum seekers, stealing our road sweeping and toilet cleaning jobs (there is a bit of sarcasm there which you may even be able to understand)

Apart from what is left of the conservative church and the few far right wing hard liners (see pervious sentence) than itís pretty tolerant.

Perhaps you are christian who revels in displaying his intolerance but honey, if you want to verbally abuse me then I claim my right to respond in kind. It seems so strange that you have not guessed this basic premise yet.

Hows the old erectile problems going?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for revealing your soft, sweet and gentle side of Atheism. It shows your kind mannerism that so many of us appreciate.[tipping hat]
Only responding in kind, you donít like it then you know the solution Ė or should do.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
In my old church, it was always the Devil who got the blame for that.
:-)
You know I was always under the impression that christianity was meant to be an honest and original religion and had nothing to do with stealing ideas from other beliefs Ė LOL

Itís as though Horus and Atun and the Tanakh and Yule and Eostra and Saturnalia etc never existed

Kind of weird that that it should adopt the Greek scapegoat idea to avoid having to apportion blame on their god for the bad bits.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are schools teaching safe sex, they're teaching sex to a crowd that is far too young. Thanks to the Liberals, they're handing out free condoms in school and demonstrating how to use them with phallic fruit. Not only that, 13-year-old girls can go get free abortions without their parents knowledge or consent, again thanks to the Liberals.
So you are all for the spread of hiv and underage pregnancies?

Thanks for making that clear, you religion is so tolerant.

Just because you choose age limits under which certain activities should be banned make no difference to whether those activities occur or not. We are talking about peopleís lives here not party political politics

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>First ..you vomit ..
Second ..you vomit
Third ..you Vomit
Oh , my gosh ..."ChristineM"...I appreciate ...debate ...but , trying using " said " ...
Ask , the resident 'Jew lover'..."BenAdam" what is Passover .??...that , is what Christians " hijacked" ....' Eostre" ...also , means Angel of Death ..passing over your home ..????
So you have no response to fact and logic, thank you for being so honest.

And no we see why you have no responbem you talk utter bollocks and your self delusion is noted.

Eostre was the Pagan goddess of fertility and celebrated with feasting at the start of new growth.

The Venerable Bede,(672-735 CE), a Christian scholar, first asserted in his book De Ratione Temporum that Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe. Similarly, the "Teutonic dawn goddess of fertility [was] known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostre, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos." Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter1.htm

And I am pretty sure that Bede new a whole lot more about christianity then you ever will.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Thank-you .."Aerobatty"..but , I have other plans ...
Well...enjoy your crappy day then.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess we should start building some REAL gas guzzlers and stop putting in catalytic converters. Burn all the oil we can find. Fire up some more coal fired and oill fired power plants.
Burn, baby burn! It's all good!
Yay!
Do you always read things into, and add totally unrelated crap to the posts of others which are simply not there?
The only thing I said was that the climate models are not accurate as the evidence does NOT support the theory.
Of course we are to be good stewards and reduce our impact on our environment.
That goes without saying.
Clowns like you cackling Chicken Little fools would serve your own stated purpose far better, if you actually made sure that the evidence fits the "conclusion" before accusing your fellow man of things which are simply a lie.
Grow up. Learn about the real facts.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are schools teaching safe sex, they're teaching sex to a crowd that is far too young. Thanks to the Liberals, they're handing out free condoms in school and demonstrating how to use them with phallic fruit. Not only that, 13-year-old girls can go get free abortions without their parents knowledge or consent, again thanks to the Liberals.
And just what are you teaching your own kids on that subject?
What are you teaching them which will insulate them from all the mayhem?
Are >you< equipping every child you come into contact with as a mentor or relative or friend with what they need to make their own decisions which will keep them "safe"?
Ya know just bitching about what others are doing gets one no where fast.

You keep pointing out problems. WHERE are your solutions sir?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

sweets2360 wrote:
Would you rather have the 13 year old girl destroy her life and the life of the child through neglect and poverty, by being forced to become a mother?
If she chose sex and chose to be irresponsible about it, yes.

But she wasn't "forced" into becoming a mom, she CHOSE to risk it and therefore CHOSE it.
Don't you think it would be much better if she did NOT become a mother at 13?
Absolutely! She shouldn't be having sex in the first place.
Do you think a 13 yo boy makes a good supportive father?
Hell no. That's why he shouldn't be having sex and risking knocking a girl up.
Who buys diapers, pays the doc and hospital, formula, food? Grandma and grandpa?
What?! Hell no. That boy and that girl made their choices. They need to man-up about it, get jobs and take care of their "accident". The grandparents didn't force them to try sex, the grandparents aren't financially responsible.
Maybe they don't want to become parents again at close to retirement age.
Huh? They wouldn't become parents again, their kid's would be.
If you think these kids are not experimenting with sex at that age, you are nuts. If a condom will stop 2 kids from a hell of a life, its worth it.
I agree. If they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it.

It's their choice if they choose to be responsible about it.

Ever stop to think that actions and choices have consequences? Ever consider that a 13 year old having sex is illegal and immoral?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>The way I read the post, the point was that prayers that disrupt the educational process are not constitutionally protected, not that they violate the Constitution. The difference is not even all that subtle. Since they are not so protected, school policies that limit or forbid disruptive prayers are valid and may be enforced.
Saying grace at the cafeteria table is thus protected, while loudly reciting the 23rd psalm during math class is not. The student who does the former should be left alone while doing the latter can (and should) result in disciplinary action.
Your logic is sound.

I agree with you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>Do you always read things into, and add totally unrelated crap to the posts of others which are simply not there?
The only thing I said was that the climate models are not accurate as the evidence does NOT support the theory.
Of course we are to be good stewards and reduce our impact on our environment.
That goes without saying.
Clowns like you cackling Chicken Little fools would serve your own stated purpose far better, if you actually made sure that the evidence fits the "conclusion" before accusing your fellow man of things which are simply a lie.
Grow up. Learn about the real facts.
Ok. You too.

http://co2now.org

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>If she chose sex and chose to be irresponsible about it, yes.

But she wasn't "forced" into becoming a mom, she CHOSE to risk it and therefore CHOSE it.

[QUOTE] Don't you think it would be much better if she did NOT become a mother at 13? "

Absolutely! She shouldn't be having sex in the first place.

[QUOTE] Do you think a 13 yo boy makes a good supportive father? "

Hell no. That's why he shouldn't be having sex and risking knocking a girl up.

[QUOTE] Who buys diapers, pays the doc and hospital, formula, food? Grandma and grandpa? "

What?! Hell no. That boy and that girl made their choices. They need to man-up about it, get jobs and take care of their "accident". The grandparents didn't force them to try sex, the grandparents aren't financially responsible.

[QUOTE] Maybe they don't want to become parents again at close to retirement age. "

Huh? They wouldn't become parents again, their kid's would be.

[QUOTE] If you think these kids are not experimenting with sex at that age, you are nuts. If a condom will stop 2 kids from a hell of a life, its worth it. "

I agree. If they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it.

It's their choice if they choose to be responsible about it.

Ever stop to think that actions and choices have consequences? Ever consider that a 13 year old having sex is illegal and immoral?
I'm guessing you never had sex until you were married.

Right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not precious but true, it has a very strong Christian heritage and that heritage is at least partly responsible to a lot of the atrocities committed in Englandís name over the centuries.
Part of the reason why that heritage is in serious decline.
You will also note the UK holds some responsibility for the popularity of christianity in the US. Early settlers left the UK and sailed to the US to avoid the religious tolerance that was beginning to permeate society here. The Puritan movement is a perfect example.
You really need to take a class in US history. The settlers that left England and headed for the US did it for religious freedom, not because of supposed religious tolerance. Back then in England, there was no religious tolerance, if you were an English citizen, you were a Christian. Period.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
So you are all for the spread of hiv and underage pregnancies?
Thanks for making that clear, you religion is so tolerant.
No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm all for early teens not having sex at all.
Just because you choose age limits under which certain activities should be banned make no difference to whether those activities occur or not. We are talking about peopleís lives here not party political politics
I don't choose the age limits, darling. The laws of the United States do. United States federal law says at the age of sexual consent is 18. The majority of states see it as 16, but some are 17 and others stick with the federal 18 year mark.

So handing out condoms to 15-year-olds and allowing legal abortions without the parents knowledge or consent to a 13-year-old girl should be a federal crime.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Your logic is sound.

I agree with you.
So do I.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no difference.
Nobody has any constitutional right to not hear a prayer.
does the school not have a policy on vulgarity
?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what are you teaching your own kids on that subject?
What are you teaching them which will insulate them from all the mayhem?
Are >you< equipping every child you come into contact with as a mentor or relative or friend with what they need to make their own decisions which will keep them "safe"?
Ya know just bitching about what others are doing gets one no where fast.
You keep pointing out problems. WHERE are your solutions sir?
My solution is keeping my kids occupied on other things and monitoring, heavily monitoring, any and all Internet activity.

All a parent needs to do is spend time with their kids and make them understand responsibility, starting from a very early age. For a long time now I've been teaching my kids about bills, about money, and about taking care of themselves and how it's done.

I've also warned them, countless times, that if they ever do knock a girl up that they're on their own. I've given them a coldhearted promise that I will not buy them one single diaper if they can be that irresponsible.

It's called Toughlove. I don't think many parents nowadays are capable of doing that. My sister-in-law for example, she's told her kids that they don't ever have to move out, but they can live with mommy and daddy forever. Doing stuff like that will give the child absolutely no motivation to excel or succeed in their own lives. They'll remain dependent on their parents as long as they can. I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with that kind of child rearing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
I'm guessing you never had sex until you were married.
Right?
No, I messed up too.

Kids are stupid, inexperienced. They need to be reminded of that constantly or they'll get their head up their ass thinking they know better, like a lot of us did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••