Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
214,001 - 214,020 of 225,657 Comments Last updated 1 min ago

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Is there a medication you should be taking? You delusionists have plenty of wedge issues to whine about.
...."IPSEC" ....Hi....I bet , you have more than ' one ' ID ....I bet , you constantly ..post as someone else ...( not )..."IPSEC"...

Why , are you so dishonest ....?

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a great design? You're an idiot.
....Not ...to ...disagree ..

no , it is not great ..design ...I Wish ...I could draw nourishment from the Sun ...like a plant ..

..I wish ...I could regrow ..a lost appendage ..like a worm .

..I wish ..I could breathe water ..like a fish .

..I wish ...I didn't need sleep ....I could see like a eagle/fly ....had the stomach of an alligator ...

BUT , MY GOD AND MY LORD ....THIS MIND .....I can't ask for anything better .....thank you ........thank you ......

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Neil DeGrasse Tyson said that.
I borrowed it.
..HELL...is true , whether you believe..or..not ....God .

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice backpedal, if I wasn't paying attention. You very clearly said that prayer is disruptive.
You then went on to imply that disruption in public school violates the United States Constitution.
Weird.
The way I read the post, the point was that prayers that disrupt the educational process are not constitutionally protected, not that they violate the Constitution. The difference is not even all that subtle. Since they are not so protected, school policies that limit or forbid disruptive prayers are valid and may be enforced.

Saying grace at the cafeteria table is thus protected, while loudly reciting the 23rd psalm during math class is not. The student who does the former should be left alone while doing the latter can (and should) result in disciplinary action.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

BenAdam wrote:
Where did all these new Christards come from ?
Someone must have been up all night knitting socks.
..hey ..we and the Muslims ..are the only ones ..propagating ....( that, mean having babies )...

....get used to it .....
O G Kush

Mount Dora, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
“Superstition does not belong in the place of learning.”
Here’s the problem with your statement. Atheism for some reason is accepting of the occult.
All Disney & children stories based on magic would be banned if that were the case. Neither would Harry Potter books would be allowed.
Of course all these books based on fantasy, superstition, folklore, and the occult are accepted in secular schools. But the Bible? Ohhhhh nooooo they can’t have the Bible. That would mean fairness and shelving the biases.
Hypocrisy doth abound my friend.
My mother taught me all I needed to know about RELIGION .
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

The position of the atheist is that the theist has not successfully met his or her burden of proof.

Proof, with regard to gods rests solely with the side claiming their existence.

When phrased to focus on faith, the claim typically centers on a fundamental misunderstanding of the meaning of atheism.

They have erroneously convinced themselves that atheism means absolute certainty that no gods exist.

They reason that to be absolutely certain without proof is a form of faith.

Atheism is not about certainty at all; it is about doubt.

Therefore I remain dubious until evidence surfaces to the contrary.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are schools teaching safe sex, they're teaching sex to a crowd that is far too young. Thanks to the Liberals, they're handing out free condoms in school and demonstrating how to use them with phallic fruit. Not only that, 13-year-old girls can go get free abortions without their parents knowledge or consent, again thanks to the Liberals.
Apparently the 13 year old girls weren't watching the phallic fruit demonstration.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, Good for you, and you get upset because I care little for your amendments to inalienable rights? Come on, fair is fair and all that…
Second, Ahh I see, you have nothing in response to you need to vomit childish sexism.
Third, Lies. Christian countries with the christian heritage have traditionally been the most expansionist and intolerant and still are. All three of the abrahimic religions are noted for there intolerance.
Fourth, what you think is irrelevant, figures are available, do a google.
Fifth, and traditionally churches still have no idea when it is supposed to have happened, this is admitted despite your time machine attempts to go back 350 years or so from when the date was set to the time period claimed.
BTW, Easter is a hijacking of the northern European festival of Eostre, again documented and reluctantly admitted.
First ..you vomit ..

Second ..you vomit

Third ..you Vomit

Oh , my gosh ..."ChristineM"...I appreciate ...debate ...but , trying using " said " ...

Ask , the resident 'Jew lover'..."BenAdam" what is Passover .??...that , is what Christians " hijacked" ....' Eostre" ...also , means Angel of Death ..passing over your home ..????

Since: Apr 14

Pretoria, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

the greatest believers are those who say there is no God. For it puts faith in some concept greater than the concept of God randomness of nothing, now thats deep faith (quote me on this one) www.revengespells.co.za

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>PROBLEM:
The record levels of CO2 have NOT increased the global mean temp even one tenth of one degree. In fact it has not risen by even one half of one tenth of one degree. That pretty much means it ain't gone up in the last 15 years when the amount of CO2 has steadily increased in the same time. The empirical evidence does not support your claim.
What else ya got to fling at the wall?
So I guess we should start building some REAL gas guzzlers and stop putting in catalytic converters. Burn all the oil we can find. Fire up some more coal fired and oill fired power plants.

Burn, baby burn! It's all good!

Yay!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Nice backpedal, if I wasn't paying attention. You very clearly said that prayer is disruptive.

You then went on to imply that disruption in public school violates the United States Constitution.

Weird.
I'm pretty sure I said "maybe" the students prayer was being disruptive. There's no constitutional claim there. Disruptive is disruptive.

I then went on to say that a Christian prayer over the PA system WOULD be unconstitutional.

I stand by that.

What's the view like with your head up your ass?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Job 2:1

King James Version (KJV)

2. Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.
So prayers to Satan would be ok.

Gotcha.
tricki

Douglassville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So prayers to Satan would be ok.
Gotcha.
Hey God, have mercy on this idiot.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>My mother taught me all I needed to know about RELIGION .
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

The position of the atheist is that the theist has not successfully met his or her burden of proof.

Proof, with regard to gods rests solely with the side claiming their existence.

When phrased to focus on faith, the claim typically centers on a fundamental misunderstanding of the meaning of atheism.

They have erroneously convinced themselves that atheism means absolute certainty that no gods exist.

They reason that to be absolutely certain without proof is a form of faith.

Atheism is not about certainty at all; it is about doubt.

Therefore I remain dubious until evidence surfaces to the contrary.
It's only a matter of time before buck tells you how wrong you are.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..HELL...is true , whether you believe..or..not ....God .
Have a nice day.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interested in your dull-minded cliches.
And I am not interested in your dull minded ignorance

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

revengespellsx wrote:
the greatest believers are those who say there is no God. For it puts faith in some concept greater than the concept of God randomness of nothing, now thats deep faith (quote me on this one) www.revengespells.co.za
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever existed.

No faith required to believe that statement.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a nice day.
..Thank-you .."Aerobatty"..but , I have other plans ...
O G Bush

Mount Dora, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only a matter of time before buck tells you how wrong you are.
Ms. Buck Crick provides comedy relief for the thread only.

I have yet to see anything posted by this individual that warrants any attention whatever.

But, I do find her remarks at times quite funny and, it makes my day to have a good laugh.

"You don't talk about the spherical earth with NASA and then say let's give equal time to the flat earthers."

Neil Degrasse Tyson...
astrophysicist - after creationist groups demanded airtime on his new space science program, Cosmos

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your precious England has a Christian heritage. A STRONG Christian heritage.
You're saying that England is still intolerant.
Dumb ass.
Not precious but true, it has a very strong Christian heritage and that heritage is at least partly responsible to a lot of the atrocities committed in England’s name over the centuries.

Part of the reason why that heritage is in serious decline.

You will also note the UK holds some responsibility for the popularity of christianity in the US. Early settlers left the UK and sailed to the US to avoid the religious tolerance that was beginning to permeate society here. The Puritan movement is a perfect example.

More recently, in just 10 years those claiming christianity in the UK has declined from 71.7% to 59.4% with between 9% to 22%(depending on the poll you choose) claiming belief in god with just 2.5% attending church regularly. Those being mostly the elderly with few or no young blood to fill the gaps.

It is estimated that christianity will be a minority faith within 30 years and close to extinction within 50.

Not only in the UK but in most of Europe religion has lost its hold on the population and is no longer a threat.

As for intolerant, pretty much, if that intolerance includes eastern European immigrants and Syrian asylum seekers, stealing our road sweeping and toilet cleaning jobs (there is a bit of sarcasm there which you may even be able to understand)

Apart from what is left of the conservative church and the few far right wing hard liners (see pervious sentence) than it’s pretty tolerant.

Perhaps you are christian who revels in displaying his intolerance but honey, if you want to verbally abuse me then I claim my right to respond in kind. It seems so strange that you have not guessed this basic premise yet.

Hows the old erectile problems going?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min PDUPONT 1,096,124
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Pearl Jam 305,390
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Bruin For Life 26,971
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••