Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247442 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222990 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not like all of us did.
My oldest son is nearly 18 and he hasn't done any of the irresponsible things I did. Hell, he hasn't even kissed yet. I've got him more interested in his education rather than getting his dick wet.
My dad raised me wrong, he never discussed the birds and the bees with me, never warned me about pregnancy, never taught me shit about women. When my son was born, I swore to him that I'd do better.
So far, so good.
Your son sounds gay.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222991 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a homo say to another homo before going on vacation?
Can I help you pack your shit?
lolerbat
He says, "Dad, I'm 18 and haven't kissed a girl yet."
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222992 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to take a class in US history. The settlers that left England and headed for the US did it for religious freedom, not because of supposed religious tolerance. Back then in England, there was no religious tolerance, if you were an English citizen, you were a Christian. Period.
It's not really religious freedom when they began killing other Christians on these shores for having a slightly different view of Dear Leader.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#222993 Apr 4, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>Definition of sphere (n)

sphere
[ sfeer ]

1.globe: an object similar in shape to a ball
2.three-dimensional surface: a three-dimensional closed surface consisting of all points that are a given distance from a center
3.round solid figure: the solid figure bounded by a sphere, or the volume it encloses

synonyms: ball · globe · bubble · orb

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

What is the Earth then if not a sphere?
It's an oblate spheroid.

Only, if you tell buck that, he'll say it's not that either.

He'll point out that with its mountains and valleys its none of the above, or some other BS.

Buck hates science because it disagrees with what he wishes were true.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222994 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect? Who said anything about them being perfect? I was talking about them knocking up a girl, not being perfect.
I also said nothing about tossing them aside or alienating them, I said I've warned them that if they do get a girl knocked up, they are financially responsible, not me.
Maybe you should re-read my post, I won't be dragged into another conversation of what I didn't say.
Silly Christian.

31 When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 Then the King will say to those on his right,Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.

37 Then the righteous will answer him,Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?

40 The King will reply,Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222995 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm all for early teens not having sex at all.
<quoted text>
I don't choose the age limits, darling. The laws of the United States do. United States federal law says at the age of sexual consent is 18. The majority of states see it as 16, but some are 17 and others stick with the federal 18 year mark.
So handing out condoms to 15-year-olds and allowing legal abortions without the parents knowledge or consent to a 13-year-old girl should be a federal crime.
Compare two schools of equal demographics in two different states, one that allows for condom distribution and sex education and one that "teaches abstinence". Adjust for abortion using the same demographics for those individual areas. The school that teaches proper sex education and distributes condoms will have a teen pregnancy rate a tenth of that in the "abstinence" school.

Texas "teaches abstinence". Texas had the highest rate of teen pregnancy and the highest rate of children having two babies in their teens, in the nation.

We share a goal of children not having babies. Why do you go against conventional wisdom and common sense and actively trumpet to thwart that goal?
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222996 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My solution is keeping my kids occupied on other things and monitoring, heavily monitoring, any and all Internet activity.
All a parent needs to do is spend time with their kids and make them understand responsibility, starting from a very early age. For a long time now I've been teaching my kids about bills, about money, and about taking care of themselves and how it's done.
I've also warned them, countless times, that if they ever do knock a girl up that they're on their own. I've given them a coldhearted promise that I will not buy them one single diaper if they can be that irresponsible.
It's called Toughlove. I don't think many parents nowadays are capable of doing that. My sister-in-law for example, she's told her kids that they don't ever have to move out, but they can live with mommy and daddy forever. Doing stuff like that will give the child absolutely no motivation to excel or succeed in their own lives. They'll remain dependent on their parents as long as they can. I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with that kind of child rearing.
Child rearing.? Bwahahahahaha.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222997 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I messed up too.
Kids are stupid, inexperienced. They need to be reminded of that constantly or they'll get their head up their ass thinking they know better, like a lot of us did.
What steps should be taken to ameliorate your cranial-rectal inversion?
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222998 Apr 4, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...."IPSEC" ....Hi....I bet , you have more than ' one ' ID ....I bet , you constantly ..post as someone else ...( not )..."IPSEC"...
Why , are you so dishonest ....?
You lose. I'm not a Christian. I don't need to lie.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222999 Apr 4, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....Not ...to ...disagree ..
no , it is not great ..design ...I Wish ...I could draw nourishment from the Sun ...like a plant ..
..I wish ...I could regrow ..a lost appendage ..like a worm .
..I wish ..I could breathe water ..like a fish .
..I wish ...I didn't need sleep ....I could see like a eagle/fly ....had the stomach of an alligator ...
BUT , MY GOD AND MY LORD ....THIS MIND .....I can't ask for anything better .....thank you ........thank you ......
You attribute your mind to Dear Leader and thank it for it? You should have kept the receipt.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#223000 Apr 4, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..HELL...is true , whether you believe..or..not ....God .
It has nothing to do with belief. I don't believe that water boils at 100C at MSL. We have evidence that it does. We have no evidence for any of the different versions of Hell among the 40,000 sects and schisms of Christianity. Not only do they disagree on what or where Hell is, they can't even agree that it exists. Why should I take your word over the word of potentially a billion of Christians that disagree with you? Until you can provide evidence and come to a consensus, all you provide are the immoral, miscellaneous ramblings of a lunatic that considers infinite torture for finite thought crime to be some sort of justice. That's just disgusting, pathetic, and weird.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#223001 Apr 4, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Job 2:1
King James Version (KJV)
2. Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.
Isn't it funny that Satan has direct, observational knowledge of the Jesus story but doesn't find it compelling enough? Here we are with zero evidence of Dear Leader and are expected to tithe the charlatans in response.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#223002 Apr 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be waiting a long time, since there is none.
Now you understand that a prayer said over a PA system in a public school violates nothing in the U.S. Constitution.
It would violate the old USSR constitution, if there still was a USSR, and if we were there.
But nothing in the U.S. version.
Do you ever wonder why so many atheists are under the false impression that there is such a provision in the Constitution?
Religious indoctrination? Atheists would like to live in the USSR? Atheists are just stupid?
Maybe you have the answer.
I have the answer.

But there's no point giving it to you.

You know why.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#223003 Apr 4, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it funny that Satan has direct, observational knowledge of the Jesus story but doesn't find it compelling enough?
Excellent point.
IPSEC

Denton, TX

#223004 Apr 4, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point.
I haven't found a Christian that will even address it. Ostrich time.
IPSEC

Denton, TX

#223005 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If she chose sex and chose to be irresponsible about it, yes.
But she wasn't "forced" into becoming a mom, she CHOSE to risk it and therefore CHOSE it.
<quoted text>
Absolutely! She shouldn't be having sex in the first place.
<quoted text>
Hell no. That's why he shouldn't be having sex and risking knocking a girl up.
<quoted text>
What?! Hell no. That boy and that girl made their choices. They need to man-up about it, get jobs and take care of their "accident". The grandparents didn't force them to try sex, the grandparents aren't financially responsible.
<quoted text>
Huh? They wouldn't become parents again, their kid's would be.
<quoted text>
I agree. If they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it.
It's their choice if they choose to be responsible about it.
Ever stop to think that actions and choices have consequences? Ever consider that a 13 year old having sex is illegal and immoral?
Marie Barnard was delighted when, after decades of silence on the topic, Mississippi passed a law requiring school districts to teach sex education. But the lesson involving the Peppermint Pattie wasnt what she had in mind for her sons.

The curricula adopted by the school district in Oxford called on students to unwrap a piece of chocolate, pass it around class and observe how dirty it became.

"Theyre using the Peppermint Pattie to show that a girl is no longer clean or valuable after shes had sex that shes been used," said Barnard, who works in public health. "That shouldnt be the lesson we send kids about sex."

Unfortunately, the dirty scary chocolate trick still doesnt work. The outcomes they want to prevent are actually being worsened by their evasive silly little abstinence-only games.

So they have a new threat that they make:

Johnson thought he had made a good case for contraception education when he shared disturbing statistics: The local birthrate was 73 out of 1,000 females between 15 and 19; the national rate is 29.4 per 1,000.

He encountered the usual gasps of shock when he revealed that the rate of chlamydia, at 1,346.8 per 100,000 people, was nearly double the rest of Mississippi, and approaching triple the U.S. rate.

But later Johnson got a call from someone who had attended the board meeting telling him that people who have sex before marriage dont go to heaven. The board voted for abstinence-only.

You morons are a menace to Society.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ms-teen-p...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#223006 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm all for early teens not having sex at all.

[QUOTE] Just because you choose age limits under which certain activities should be banned make no difference to whether those activities occur or not. We are talking about people’s lives here not party political politics
"

I don't choose the age limits, darling. The laws of the United States do. United States federal law says at the age of sexual consent is 18. The majority of states see it as 16, but some are 17 and others stick with the federal 18 year mark.

So handing out condoms to 15-year-olds and allowing legal abortions without the parents knowledge or consent to a 13-year-old girl should be a federal crime.
Fact is if teens want to have sex, they're going to whether you approve of it or not.

It's better to teach them about safety and contraception, something you would find preferable to terminating a pregnancy if you weren't such a douche.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#223007 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>My solution is keeping my kids occupied on other things and monitoring, heavily monitoring, any and all Internet activity.

All a parent needs to do is spend time with their kids and make them understand responsibility, starting from a very early age. For a long time now I've been teaching my kids about bills, about money, and about taking care of themselves and how it's done.

I've also warned them, countless times, that if they ever do knock a girl up that they're on their own. I've given them a coldhearted promise that I will not buy them one single diaper if they can be that irresponsible.

It's called Toughlove. I don't think many parents nowadays are capable of doing that. My sister-in-law for example, she's told her kids that they don't ever have to move out, but they can live with mommy and daddy forever. Doing stuff like that will give the child absolutely no motivation to excel or succeed in their own lives. They'll remain dependent on their parents as long as they can. I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with that kind of child rearing.
You disagree with a parent having unconditional love for their child.

I'm not surprised.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#223008 Apr 4, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>He beats kids and women.
He also thinks those who rape little girls aren't pedophiles.

What an exemplary christian.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#223009 Apr 4, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>That's real interesting since you just got through denying that you preach abstinence and insisted that you "promote responsible sex".
<rolls eyes>
"Home run at 16"

- rretard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,276,516
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 min Chosen Traveler 29,930
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Earthling-1 6,883
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr RoSesz 310,231
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web