Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#223086 Apr 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it's sick. Let the boys inside deal with the scumbag, I've been told exactly HOW.

I would really enjoy teaching the dumb slut mother a lesson.
Yeah, our peddos rarely make it out. Good.

The closest thing in this world even remotely close to sacred, is a child.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#223087 Apr 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting thanks.

I always thought Easter came from the Babylonian goddess Ishtar aka Inanna. The eggs and bunnies are symbols of fertility.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishtar
Inanna was both fertile and a protector of children.

Apparently, she was quite frisky like a bunny as well.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#223088 Apr 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>It is an oblate spheroid.

You resent me for always being right.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh.

You were being serious.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#223089 Apr 5, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Scotty, beam me up.
1. Dear Leader isn't going to like being called Scotty.

2. How pathetic is your life that you crave the alleged destruction of Earth and the majority of its inhabitants so that you can be whisked to some imaginary place to wash the feet of a Semitic hippie for eternity? Funny thing about eternity. 500 billion years and you're not even halfway through.

You clowns haven't really ever thought this through.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#223090 Apr 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>......ah,...you have the facts .....
...Satan ....decided ....creatures of light ...WILL, NEVER PLAY ...second fiddle to the creatures of flesh .....I really can't blame her/him ....
Another deflection. How and why? Imaginary Heaven is allegedly without sin and the Satan character had direct, observational knowledge of the Jesus and Yeahnoway characters.

You nitwits really have never thought this through.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#223091 Apr 5, 2014
karl44 wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not like all of us did.
My oldest son is nearly 18 and he hasn't done any of the irresponsible things I did. Hell, he hasn't even kissed yet. I've got him more interested in his education rather than getting his dick wet.
My dad raised me wrong, he never discussed the birds and the bees with me, never warned me about pregnancy, never taught me shit about women. When my son was born, I swore to him that I'd do better.
So far, so good.
<quoted text>
given the treatment from his father, he is unlikely to tell the truth about any of his encounters.
Most likely a Liar, just like good ole dad
but --- if it is true that he is 18 and still "a virgin" then the probability is that he has a sexual identity issue.
Or he is as ugly and vile as his father. That's effective birth control.
O G Bush

United States

#223092 Apr 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My Dear father was an Atheist. Hard core Atheist nearly all of his adult life. He was always trying to convert me to Atheism. When he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer he remained an Atheist.
Until he had a life changing event six months before he died. I wonít go into the details other than he left Atheism and had the proof he needed.
Itís like treasure hunting in a way. If you never go treasure hunting you will never find treasure. Some professional treasure hunters go years without a find but they keep searching. Until that one day they find a sunken 18th century ship laden with gold & silver.
Most Atheist want someone to bring them proof. If you never go on the hunt you never reap the bounty,
What was this treasure. Paradise ?

A "Kingdom of God" as a physical place like our current Universe, but where everything is "Unified with God", and nothing ever suffers.

This idea is of course very familiar to Jehovas Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists and various other extremist Christian groups.

It is also completely and utterly illogical.

Any person capable of the most basic critical thinking should be able to see very easily that such an idea of a physical paradise where there is no suffering is a completely illogical concept.

Even if one accepts the mystical doctrine that "all is one", I still do not understand how it can work.

I would like to know how it is physically possible for a world with no suffering to exist. And I would specifically like to know whether carnivores would continue to eat herbivores, and how both could exist in a world with no suffering.

I am not interested in talking about metaphysics or fantasy-physics or any bald assertions about God.

I am interested in the logical consistency of claims about paradise.

I wonder whether 'the faithful ' have thought critically about the paradise they claim to offer, or whether all of their argumentation about physics and metaphysics leads to nowhere but a concept of paradise which is fundamentally illogical and impossible to begin with.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#223093 Apr 5, 2014
tricki wrote:
All atheists should be delighted to graduate to infinite nothingness right now
Infinite nothingness is the perfect description of the lead character in your immoral book of deception and idiocy. That's how a deceptive idiot like you is developed over there in Berks County, a place with so e of the highest per capita mental illness in the country. You blend.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#223094 Apr 5, 2014
O G Bush wrote:
<quoted text>What was this treasure. Paradise ?

A "Kingdom of God" as a physical place like our current Universe, but where everything is "Unified with God", and nothing ever suffers.

This idea is of course very familiar to Jehovas Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists and various other extremist Christian groups.

It is also completely and utterly illogical.

Any person capable of the most basic critical thinking should be able to see very easily that such an idea of a physical paradise where there is no suffering is a completely illogical concept.

Even if one accepts the mystical doctrine that "all is one", I still do not understand how it can work.

I would like to know how it is physically possible for a world with no suffering to exist. And I would specifically like to know whether carnivores would continue to eat herbivores, and how both could exist in a world with no suffering.

I am not interested in talking about metaphysics or fantasy-physics or any bald assertions about God.

I am interested in the logical consistency of claims about paradise.

I wonder whether 'the faithful ' have thought critically about the paradise they claim to offer, or whether all of their argumentation about physics and metaphysics leads to nowhere but a concept of paradise which is fundamentally illogical and impossible to begin with.
It is different, how do you logically conclude that different = impossible?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#223095 Apr 5, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Weren't some of the earliest Tanakh manuscripts found written in Greek?
Yes.
While the majority of Dead Sea Scrolls were written in Hebrew, the collection also includes many Aramaic and Greek texts, as well as some Arabic texts and a small number of Latin fragments.

Earliest Christian manuscripts were written in Greek and Egyptian.

Location hidden

#223096 Apr 5, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>innocent children need not be subjected to such filth

pray on your own time, on your own property, pray in silence, do not attempt to indoctrinate children.

in short

keep your filth to yourself
So you get to share your worldview alone?

You don't believe children should hear anything but your point if view?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#223097 Apr 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"as interpreted by the Supreme Court"
Are you aware of a way to interpret the phrase "Congress shall make no law" to mean "teacher may not lead a prayer"?....
In public schools, the teacher is State employee.

States have Congresses.

A teacher leading prayer is establishing religion.

Location hidden

#223098 Apr 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck with your plans. I think the difference between the UK and the US is that "the powers that be" recognised that public opposition to same sex marriage had evaporated and just got on with the job of making things equal ASAP. We were able to pull forward the effective date by 3 months because the other side just stopped fighting it.
The indoctrination of society has been quite amazing, you don't even recognise your own indoctrination...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#223099 Apr 5, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
How very sad for you and worse for your children.
So, is your alleged god's love conditional?
How about the jesus character's love?
Is that conditional as well.
Fookingdumbasstroll.
While most of us would lay down our lives to protect our loved ones, RR beats them himself.

He ain't normal.

Location hidden

#223100 Apr 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
While the majority of Dead Sea Scrolls were written in Hebrew, the collection also includes many Aramaic and Greek texts, as well as some Arabic texts and a small number of Latin fragments.

Earliest Christian manuscripts were written in Greek and Egyptian.
So that justifies Greek sexual immorality?

Interesting argument...

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#223101 Apr 5, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's happening here too but money makes fast friends. The Christians still have a slim lead in some states.
It's OK. They'll all be Raptured soon and we won't have to worry about them anymore.

Location hidden

#223102 Apr 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>In public schools, the teacher is State employee.

States have Congresses.

A teacher preaching evolution is establishing religion, what is your point?

That only one view is permitted?
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#223103 Apr 5, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So you get to share your worldview alone?
You don't believe children should hear anything but your point if view?
That's your second straw man in a row. Children should be taught how to think critically and not be indoctrinated into something to which they are threatened and can not question. Period. There is plenty of time to introduce your immoral Dear Leader.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#223104 Apr 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>In public schools, the teacher is State employee.

States have Congresses.

It's really that simple.

But you have to consider how simple buck is.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#223105 Apr 5, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So that justifies Greek sexual immorality?
Interesting argument...
Third straw man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min VetnorsGate 1,643,503
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Not who you think 34,846
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr June VanDerMark 320,262
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue Poor performance 11,802
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web