Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258481 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#223014 Apr 4, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
He says, "Dad, I'm 18 and haven't kissed a girl yet."
I'm proud of him for that. He shows an ability to hold his temptations better than anyone I've ever known.

Of course someone like you would probably be proud of their child having sex at 13.... "Good boy, mini-IPSEC!"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223015 Apr 4, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Compare two schools of equal demographics in two different states, one that allows for condom distribution and sex education and one that "teaches abstinence". Adjust for abortion using the same demographics for those individual areas. The school that teaches proper sex education and distributes condoms will have a teen pregnancy rate a tenth of that in the "abstinence" school.
Texas "teaches abstinence". Texas had the highest rate of teen pregnancy and the highest rate of children having two babies in their teens, in the nation.
We share a goal of children not having babies. Why do you go against conventional wisdom and common sense and actively trumpet to thwart that goal?
You're wrong, it's not Texas.

And why are you stuck on teaching abstinence?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223016 Apr 4, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
You disagree with a parent having unconditional love for their child.
I'm not surprised.
That is correct.

Love is conditional.

I don't believe that unconditional love exists.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223017 Apr 4, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
He also thinks those who rape little girls aren't pedophiles.
What an exemplary christian.
Wtf? You too?

Please quote me saying anything similar to that.

I double dog dare you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223018 Apr 4, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
"Home run at 16"
- rretard
'Twas a responsible home run....
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#223019 Apr 4, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So prayers to Satan would be ok.
Gotcha.
I guess for you since you are on his team.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#223020 Apr 4, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother taught me all I needed to know about RELIGION .
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
The position of the atheist is that the theist has not successfully met his or her burden of proof.
Proof, with regard to gods rests solely with the side claiming their existence.
When phrased to focus on faith, the claim typically centers on a fundamental misunderstanding of the meaning of atheism.
They have erroneously convinced themselves that atheism means absolute certainty that no gods exist.
They reason that to be absolutely certain without proof is a form of faith.
Atheism is not about certainty at all; it is about doubt.
Therefore I remain dubious until evidence surfaces to the contrary.
My Dear father was an Atheist. Hard core Atheist nearly all of his adult life. He was always trying to convert me to Atheism. When he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer he remained an Atheist.
Until he had a life changing event six months before he died. I won’t go into the details other than he left Atheism and had the proof he needed.

It’s like treasure hunting in a way. If you never go treasure hunting you will never find treasure. Some professional treasure hunters go years without a find but they keep searching. Until that one day they find a sunken 18th century ship laden with gold & silver.

Most Atheist want someone to bring them proof. If you never go on the hunt you never reap the bounty,
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#223021 Apr 4, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother taught me all I needed to know about RELIGION .
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
The position of the atheist is that the theist has not successfully met his or her burden of proof.
Proof, with regard to gods rests solely with the side claiming their existence.
When phrased to focus on faith, the claim typically centers on a fundamental misunderstanding of the meaning of atheism.
They have erroneously convinced themselves that atheism means absolute certainty that no gods exist.
They reason that to be absolutely certain without proof is a form of faith.
Atheism is not about certainty at all; it is about doubt.
Therefore I remain dubious until evidence surfaces to the contrary.
You can't have any doubts as a Christian. Verboten
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#223022 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct.
Love is conditional.
I don't believe that unconditional love exists.
Unconditional love exists. Consequences for disobedience exist.

Not one of you can see past the end of your noses
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#223023 Apr 4, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point.
Satan and his gang may not find God compelling but certainly found he was capable of propelling their hind end into the abyss.

I bet they all have a cowboy boot imprint on their a**.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#223024 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no violation of the Constitution, the conversation has switched over to violation of school policy, specifically disruptive conduct in class.
You misunderstood. Constitutional law as interpreted by the Supreme Court forbids school officials from promoting religion or leading prayers, but it also protects the rights of students to practice their faiths during school hours as long as it doesn't interfere with school activities or impinge on the rights of other students. Disruptive behavior is governed by school policy, the religious rights of the students by constitutional law. Which one applies depends on the situation.

The conversation, then, involves both constitutional law and school policy. There's no "switch," only a view that encompasses both and applies each where appropriate.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#223025 Apr 4, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My Dear father was an Atheist. Hard core Atheist nearly all of his adult life. He was always trying to convert me to Atheism. When he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer he remained an Atheist.
Until he had a life changing event six months before he died. I won’t go into the details other than he left Atheism and had the proof he needed.
It’s like treasure hunting in a way. If you never go treasure hunting you will never find treasure. Some professional treasure hunters go years without a find but they keep searching. Until that one day they find a sunken 18th century ship laden with gold & silver.
Most Atheist want someone to bring them proof. If you never go on the hunt you never reap the bounty,
These atheists have abundant proof, like everyone else. They like to mock and repeat slogans from their indoctrination. They are demon possessed FOOLS with their fate sealed

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#223026 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm proud of him for that. He shows an ability to hold his temptations better than anyone I've ever known.

Of course someone like you would probably be proud of their child having sex at 13.... "Good boy, mini-IPSEC!"
Or maybe you just don't know.

Or maybe he's gay.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#223027 Apr 4, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess for you since you are on his team.
Go team!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#223028 Apr 4, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>My Dear father was an Atheist. Hard core Atheist nearly all of his adult life. He was always trying to convert me to Atheism. When he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer he remained an Atheist.

Is that the same version you've told before.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#223029 Apr 4, 2014
One of my daughters just gave birth to my first grandchild. I offered only this advice: "You will receive unsolicited advice from almost everyone about almost every aspect of infant care and child rearing. Be polite, but trust your own instincts. You are so much smarter and wiser than I was when I became a parent. You'll do just fine."

And she will.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223030 Apr 4, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
Unconditional love exists. Consequences for disobedience exist.
Not one of you can see past the end of your noses
Give me an example of human unconditional love and I'll show you why you're wrong.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223031 Apr 4, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstood. Constitutional law as interpreted by the Supreme Court forbids school officials from promoting religion or leading prayers, but it also protects the rights of students to practice their faiths during school hours as long as it doesn't interfere with school activities or impinge on the rights of other students. Disruptive behavior is governed by school policy, the religious rights of the students by constitutional law. Which one applies depends on the situation.
The conversation, then, involves both constitutional law and school policy. There's no "switch," only a view that encompasses both and applies each where appropriate.
Well no actually, the US Constitution does not prohibit teachers or school officials from promoting religion, it only prohibits Congress from establishing a national religion.

There are school policies about disruption in class, and I could honestly see how a prayer could be seen as a disruption. But I could also see how texting or shuffling cards or farting could be disruptive. None of those following the guidelines of the US Constitution.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223032 Apr 4, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Or maybe you just don't know.
Or maybe he's gay.
Nope. I know my son, you don't. You're just trying to piss me off, I already told you that you can't.

Just give it up.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#223033 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. I know my son, you don't. You're just trying to piss me off, I already told you that you can't.

Just give it up.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh.

Yup were being serious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min Guest 1,497,495
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr cpeter1313 313,377
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 32,753
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Rshermr 10,959
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 15 hr LongPhartz 95
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 15 Jhuerta 287
How my search of $450000 dollars became real. Feb 14 Kesby Karen 1
More from around the web