Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#222672 Apr 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Elephants, lions and bears will also be burning in hell.
Not to mention my neighbour's two male dogs.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#222673 Apr 2, 2014
This Elephant does not give a damn;

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#222674 Apr 2, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention my neighbour's two male dogs.
Wallabies too.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222675 Apr 2, 2014
A Florida 5-year-old was reportedly told by a lunchroom employee at her school that praying before eating was a no-no - and now her irate father has opted to take her out of school lest she be deprived of her religious freedom. CBS reports that her father, Marcos Perez, has summoned the legal prowess of the conservative Liberty Institute to demand the school change its ways:

by Dain Fitzgerald
Staff Writer
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#222676 Apr 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Elephants, lions and bears will also be burning in hell.
You're gonna know for sure real soon, Krispy
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222677 Apr 2, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
"You don't talk about the spherical earth with NASA and then say let's give equal time to the flat earthers."
Neil Degrasse Tyson...
astrophysicist - after creationist groups demanded airtime on his new space science program, Cosmos
Flat earthers are maritime & flight navigators that still use flat maps and gps which is displayed on “flat” screens.

Because flat earthers (navigators) use flat maps and flat screens. They shouldn’t be denied equal time with NASA or any other entity.

Good luck on using a spherical navigation system in your vehicle.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222678 Apr 2, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannibal, n. Someone who is fed up with people.
Two cannibals met one day in the jungle: "I went up the river and got me a couple of Catholic monks the other day and brought em home and boiled them and they tasted terrible." "You boiled them?" "Yeah, why?" "Those are friars."
Two guys are captured by cannibals and they're stuck naked in a big pot of water over a fire and the water gets hotter and hotter and all of a sudden, one guy starts laughing, and the other guy says, "What's so funny?" "I just peed and took a dump in their soup!"
Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians.
The spice added to the soup was particularly funny.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222679 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
A Florida 5-year-old was reportedly told by a lunchroom employee at her school that praying before eating was a no-no - and now her irate father has opted to take her out of school lest she be deprived of her religious freedom. CBS reports that her father, Marcos Perez, has summoned the legal prowess of the conservative Liberty Institute to demand the school change its ways:
by Dain Fitzgerald
Staff Writer
That school lunch employee should be disciplined for suppressing the religious rights of this child.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#222680 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That school lunch employee should be disciplined for suppressing the religious rights of this child.
The 5 year old should be told she's going to hell for lying. That'll teach her.

“Electronic graffiti”

Down Under

#222681 Apr 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wallabies too.
Not rugby players?!

“Electronic graffiti”

Down Under

#222682 Apr 2, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The 5 year old should be told she's going to hell for lying. That'll teach her.
That comment would be funny if it wasn't so often true.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#222683 Apr 3, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>You're gonna know for sure real soon, Krispy
Cool, can you tell me which day I will be dying so I can make arrangements?

Cheers christian.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#222684 Apr 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Not rugby players?!
Hm. I take the fifth :p

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#222685 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
by Dain Fitzgerald
Staff Writer
Actually, the ACLU would probably take the case as well. While they are better known for defending constitutional prohibitions of teachers leading prayers, they have also defended students' rights to do so on their own. For example,

The ACLU of Virginia (2014) supported the right of Christian students to proselytize on a community college campus.
http://acluva.org/14911/aclu-tells-virginia-c...

The ACLU of Virginia (2012 and 2010) opposed bans on students' right to wear rosary beads at two public middle schools. The schools dropped the bans after receiving letters from the ACLU.
https://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/letter-m...
https://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/letter-f...

The ACLU of Virginia (2011) wrote a letter on behalf of a group of Christian athletes in Floyd County High School after the school removed copies of the Ten Commandments the athletes had displayed on the outside of their personal lockers.
https://acluva.org/7257/aclu-tells-floyd-coun...

The ACLU of Texas (2011) opposed a school district's policy prohibiting students from visibly wearing rosaries, crosses, and other articles of faith.
http://www.aclutx.org/2011/11/18/aclu-of-texa...

The ACLU of Nebraska (2011) objected to a public school district's policy barring students from wearing rosaries.
http://www.aclunebraska.org/index.php/religio...

The ACLU of Colorado (2010) opposed a public school's policy that barred students from wearing crosses and rosaries in public view.
http://aclu-co.org/news/aclu-supports-student...

The ACLU of New Jersey (2010) submitted an amicus brief in support of a public school student's right to express her religious beliefs about abortion by wearing an armband with the word "LIFE" on it.
http://www.aclu-nj.org/news/2010/03/24/aclu-n...

The ACLU of Alaska (2010) advised the Alaska Department of Education to respect the religious freedom of Russian Old Believer families by arranging alternate testing dates for the High School Graduation Qualifying Exam, which conflicts with Holy Week for Russian Old Believer students.
http://homernews.com/stories/022410/news_1_00...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#222686 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:

by Dain Fitzgerald
Staff Writer
Was she praying out loud?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#222687 Apr 3, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
If anything is, or can be, certain, the writers of the Bible were mistaken about creation, astronomy, geology; about the causes of phenomena, the origin of evil and the cause of death.
Now, it must be admitted that if an infinite Being is the author of the Bible, he knew all sciences, all facts, and could not have made a mistake.
and the author is?
Just a couple corrections to many idiotic claims you make.

The very first verse noted the Big Bang, a beginning point for the universe, 5,000 years before atheists caught up.

The very first chapter noted life coming from the earth and beginning in a genderless form.

This info was recorded by Moses as dictated by the Alien visitor who prophecied a band of former slaves would survive no matter what and become the greatest culture on earth.

Does that answer your question?

Smile.

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#222688 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not Catholic and don’t hold the Vatican in high regards.
I do not really care which way you dance, it makes no difference to the ignorant and spiteful lies you vomit just because your preacher has told you to vomit them

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#222689 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have and love to hear them play.
But it seems you have never listened to their words

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222690 Apr 3, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Was she praying out loud?
...good question ; "Aerobatty" ...I've seen Indians praying for rain ...and , I could see how prayer can be a little disruptive ...what , with the chanting and stomping around .....

" Damn it, little girl .....just , sit down and eat your food ..!."

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#222691 Apr 3, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>

While they are better known for defending constitutional prohibitions of teachers leading prayers,...
There is no constitutional prohibition of teachers leading prayers.

If you can show it to me, or any basis for it, I will mail you a cashiers check for $10,000.00.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Quantummist 3,221
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 28,761
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr THE DEVIL 1,174,700
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr R C Honey 308,065
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu HitMan 201,321
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Jan 27 Pinoyboyguy 733
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Jan 24 RICK SERVICE 32
More from around the web