Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222659 Apr 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Every Christian has created a god in their own image. It's what happens when you have an imaginary friend. Your Army of One Religion of Me! is the ultimate self worship.
..you write self worship .....almost...like selfishness ...??

But , religions are so charitable ....food kitchens and such ...

Las Vegas, NV

#222660 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not Catholic and donít hold the Vatican in high regards.
....YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN HELL...!!!

....nah , just kidding ...

Las Vegas, NV

#222661 Apr 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i realize that you understand this, but for the sake of or audience who hangs on our every word (lol), may i compliment your thought?:
God "created them male and female", put them together to mate, be fruitful and multiply and considered His whole creation "good"!
it wasn't until after adam and eve succombed to sin that the serpent's influence began to be manifested in the environment. therefore, homosexuality IS NOT God's creation, but it's a part of the cause and affect of sin:-)
..homosexuality ...is the natural love men have towards each other ..comaraderie ....but , twisted and sexualized ....

...and , I wish I could say it is unnatural ...but , it appears ( male ) Giraffes and Walruses ....apparently ....are going to burn in Hell ...

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#222662 Apr 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..homosexuality ... is the natural love men have towards each other ..comaraderie ....but , twisted and sexualized ....

...and , I wish I could say it is unnatural ...but , it appears ( male ) Giraffes and Walruses ....apparently ....are going to burn in Hell ...
Elephants, lions and bears will also be burning in hell.

Las Vegas, NV

#222663 Apr 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the way you see it is somewhat screwy and bares no relationship to reality. It is my experience that religion breeds hatred and atheist are appalled by the stupidity of killing people in the name of a myth.
Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby
Methinks you need to look up the meaning of the word atheism, perhaps it will modify your wet dreams of hatred towards something you donít understand.
..Au contrair mon cheri ....Atheists are the hostile party ...

Lets take a look at nativity displays ....Atheists demand .." we have the very same right to put out our own display !..."

I concur ..first Amendment , and all that .....

but ...why ...do , you people ' only ' care about the first Amendment ..during our Advent ...???...hmmm..?

There's 11 other months in the year ...put out your display ...knock yourselves out ...

But ..no...You feel to have to step "on" our toes ....ergo.....you people are willfully trying to be offensive ...and , you lie ..when you claim you merely wish to exercise your 1st Amendment ....you , don't care about the 1st Amendment ..you just hate Christ ...

Las Vegas, NV

#222665 Apr 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Most people in prison are a Christian. In fact, atheists are underrepresented.
...Oh , my gosh ...you're not this daft ...

are you playing dumb ..so , that the boys will like you ....?

Most people are Christians ...it like saying " In the U.K. most inmates are English " ..no duh ..

point two ...Atheism is frowned upon ...by , parole boards .....You got to tell them you have found God ....who , cares if it true ....you need every advantage you can get ...

..this is why atheists are underrepresented ...they , lie ....and you can't fault them ...

Las Vegas, NV

#222666 Apr 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
..you got to be messin' with me ...these ( males ) are solitary animals ....and , they're not even in prison ...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#222667 Apr 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Oh , my gosh ...you're not this daft ...
are you playing dumb ..so , that the boys will like you ....?
Most people are Christians ...it like saying " In the U.K. most inmates are English " ..no duh ..
point two ...Atheism is frowned upon ...by , parole boards .....You got to tell them you have found God ....who , cares if it true ....you need every advantage you can get ...
..this is why atheists are underrepresented ...they , lie ....and you can't fault them ...
Odd. You sound like a watered-down Bob Loblah. Let's see if your true nature surfaces. It always has in the past - no reason to believe otherwise...

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#222668 Apr 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is porter this week?
Well, that depends who's luggage label he pinched.

“Merry Yuletide”

Down Under

#222669 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Being a vocal Atheist in a Islam country is dangerous. Life expectancy is only a few days in these countries. If they let you live your existence will be miserable. You can be locked away and tortured until a complete conversion takes place.
Atheism is not a welcome belief in many of these places and freedom is not accepted. I embrace freedom and want people to live and be free. If you donít have a choice you donít have freedom.
So many of our militant Atheist are just like the Islam countries. They want freedom of choice removed from peopleís life. And if they had their way Christians would be murdered and or imprisoned.
I for one believe in separation of Church and State. I really do but that doesnít mean separation of oneís rights to believe and worship our One True God. Individuals rights to freedom of religion must not be abridged, ever.
You were going well there...until the third paragraph kicked in with all the paranoia.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#222670 Apr 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..you got to be messin' with me ...these ( males ) are solitary animals ....and , they're not even in prison ...
Not messin' with you. Mallards and get this, sheep as well.

“Merry Yuletide”

Down Under

#222671 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You called my partner and my relationship indecent and perverted. Back up your words, coward.
Because I'm sure God would really want to split up a happy relationship and replace it with a loveless one just so our genitals would be different, right? You got a sister I can use for this noble cause maybe? I'm sure she's be thrilled too. It's for God, right?
Ahhh but think who it's coming from, Wilde. The biggest pervert on Topix.

“Merry Yuletide”

Down Under

#222672 Apr 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention my neighbour's two male dogs.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#222673 Apr 2, 2014
This Elephant does not give a damn;

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#222674 Apr 2, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention my neighbour's two male dogs.
Wallabies too.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222675 Apr 2, 2014
A Florida 5-year-old was reportedly told by a lunchroom employee at her school that praying before eating was a no-no - and now her irate father has opted to take her out of school lest she be deprived of her religious freedom. CBS reports that her father, Marcos Perez, has summoned the legal prowess of the conservative Liberty Institute to demand the school change its ways:

by Dain Fitzgerald
Staff Writer
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#222676 Apr 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're gonna know for sure real soon, Krispy
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222677 Apr 2, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
"You don't talk about the spherical earth with NASA and then say let's give equal time to the flat earthers."
Neil Degrasse Tyson...
astrophysicist - after creationist groups demanded airtime on his new space science program, Cosmos
Flat earthers are maritime & flight navigators that still use flat maps and gps which is displayed on ďflatĒ screens.

Because flat earthers (navigators) use flat maps and flat screens. They shouldnít be denied equal time with NASA or any other entity.

Good luck on using a spherical navigation system in your vehicle.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222678 Apr 2, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannibal, n. Someone who is fed up with people.
Two cannibals met one day in the jungle: "I went up the river and got me a couple of Catholic monks the other day and brought em home and boiled them and they tasted terrible." "You boiled them?" "Yeah, why?" "Those are friars."
Two guys are captured by cannibals and they're stuck naked in a big pot of water over a fire and the water gets hotter and hotter and all of a sudden, one guy starts laughing, and the other guy says, "What's so funny?" "I just peed and took a dump in their soup!"
Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians.
The spice added to the soup was particularly funny.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222679 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
A Florida 5-year-old was reportedly told by a lunchroom employee at her school that praying before eating was a no-no - and now her irate father has opted to take her out of school lest she be deprived of her religious freedom. CBS reports that her father, Marcos Perez, has summoned the legal prowess of the conservative Liberty Institute to demand the school change its ways:
by Dain Fitzgerald
Staff Writer
That school lunch employee should be disciplined for suppressing the religious rights of this child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 49 min Grey Ghost 1,156,211
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 28,494
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr feces for jesus 307,110
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 9 hr yinefsfgd 3
What role do you think humans play in global wa... Sat Earthling-1 2,741
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Fri zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web