Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257124 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#222747 Apr 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
A valid response, I thank you
Does the same apply for IDers?
Or do you have a completely different take on the indoctrination of ID?
ID is the pursuit of valid science. It rises or falls on the science.

Nobody should be against that.

Incidentally, the largest creationist organizations vehemently oppose ID.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222748 Apr 3, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....It's not equal to real marriage ....
Look , if homosexuals stopped forming unions today ...big whup ..
If , heterosexuals stopped forming unions .....civilization would perish ..
What is at the core of real marriage ...Is , it that you want the very best for your spouse ..
.......( I realize this is purely ...theistic ).....
This means the very best , you could hope to do for your spouse ..is , the salvation of their souls ..
Men and Women ...are created for each other ...this , is just plain to see ...
and , finally ....yes , I do have a sister .....and , shes all yours ...I'm driving her to the bus station ..right now ...!!
Civilization would perish? Haha. Provide evidence for that assertion. We weren't created. Provide evidence for that assertion. Sexuality is on a sliding scale from 100% heterosexual to 100% homosexual. If you need further proof, hermaphrodites. Every fetus begins sexual development as a female and only the androgens available in the womb decide sexual organ development which can develop in the opposite direction of the brain.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222749 Apr 3, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....THE " LOVE " OF MONEY ....Why , does everybody get ' this ' wrong ...?!
Men have crippling disease .....so , that we can clearly eyed ..behold ....God has really blest us ...
Haha. Crippling disease is evidence of a loving god? Wow. Just wow. Stockholm syndrome personified.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222750 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is. Just look at all the global warming.
Aerobatty wrote:
I have.
You should.
Your dishonesty is legion.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222751 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your low comprehension will not allow you to distinguish between design that is intelligent, and design that is impervious to damage.
I won't bother explaining it to you. You seem happy in your ignorance.
You can't point to anything that is not designed so the designation designed is not falsifiable and therefore meaningless.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#222752 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>"Climate change" is only the term the enviro-nazis opted for after "global warming" because everyone discovered they were lying and there is no global warming.

With the new improved made-up term, they cannot be proven wrong because the climate is always changing.

The whole thing is a fucking hoax to steal your money. Word to the wise.

"Trickle down economics" always works. This is because it is not an economic policy, it is a natural law of economics.

It always works. Has never failed.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh.

You were being serious.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222753 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. There is no constitutional barrier to any prayer in any public school.
You swerved into the truth - that there is court precedent.
But the court precedent is not based on the Constitution.
It's politically-based.
Which means we have no Constitution, as far as the courts are concerned.
See, weasel words. The Constitution is politically based, nitwit.

You dishonesty is palpable.

It is not political for a Christian to expect not to be exposed to Muslim prayer in a secular school. It is common sense, something not so common among you delusionists.

Have you read the study that proves climate change denial it's who don't directly profit from it are usually conspiracy nuts? This post of yours bolsters that study.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222754 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Climate change" is only the term the enviro-nazis opted for after "global warming" because everyone discovered they were lying and there is no global warming.
With the new improved made-up term, they cannot be proven wrong because the climate is always changing.
"Trickle down economics" always works. This is because it is not an economic policy, it is a natural law of economics.
More paranoid nonsense. Trickle down has always failed.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222755 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Couple of reasons.

I could no longer intellectually accept the story of inherited sin, hell, and being rescued from the imagined guilt of it at the expense of someone else. And I learned that the Bible was largely a product of the Roman Catholic Church.

From a more personal standpoint, when I was at my lowest point in life, Christians who I thought were my friends lined up to cast the first stone. And cast they did.

I was less to them than a total stranger. I would not treat my dog the way I was treated. If that's Jesus in them, I want no part of the man.
Good for you. Seriously.

Now, what value does ID present?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222756 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>ID is the pursuit of valid science. It rises or falls on the science.

What value would ID have and what predictions would it make?
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222757 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
ID is the pursuit of valid science. It rises or falls on the science.
ID is not science, it is an argument from ignorance in a shiny wrapper. Proponents always plug their personal god into it. Creationist organizations only oppose it because they see it as competition for the religious dollar. Silly Hick.

Location hidden

#222758 Apr 3, 2014
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>If you think the human body is a "great design" then YOU are the idiot :)
Unless you think cancers, deformities, disease, etc....is a GREAT design?
smh
We have design engineers who are very intelligent.

Do their designs exceed the human body? The human brain?

Learn about design constraints. You don't know what you're talking about.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222759 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>"Climate change" is only the term the enviro-nazis opted for after "global warming" because everyone discovered they were lying and there is no global warming.

http://m.theatlanticcities.com/jobs-and-econo...

Location hidden

#222760 Apr 3, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>More paranoid nonsense. Trickle down has always failed.
If you think prosperity results from giving more to the government, you are free to give them everything you have.

Go ahead. Show us your faith.

I think it is more prosperous for money to be utilized in the private sector with its multiplier effect.

Ask a poor person to create a job for you.

Location hidden

#222761 Apr 3, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>ID is not science, it is an argument from ignorance in a shiny wrapper. Proponents always plug their personal god into it. Creationist organizations only oppose it because they see it as competition for the religious dollar. Silly Hick.
Totally wrong, Dumbass.

Creationist groups oppose it because it is not creationism - it does not require an interventionist god.

You oppose it because you don't know what it is, and because you are stupid.

Location hidden

#222762 Apr 3, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Drought? It's raining here right now, and it's been a colder than normal winter.

Neither is evidence for anything.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222763 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Climate change" is only the term the enviro-nazis opted for after "global warming" because everyone discovered they were lying and there is no global warming.
Paranoia, big destroyer.

http://www.thebrokenwindow.net/papers/L/Lskye...

http://www.skepticalscience.com/oneliners.php
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222764 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is. Just look at all the global warming.
Aerobatty wrote:
I have.
You should.
Sure.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predi...

In the thirty years leading up to the 1970s, available temperature recordings suggested that there was a cooling trend. As a result some scientists suggested that the current inter-glacial period could rapidly draw to a close, which might result in the Earth plunging into a new ice age over the next few centuries. This idea could have been reinforced by the knowledge that the smog that climatologists call ‘aerosols’– emitted by human activities into the atmosphere – also caused cooling. In fact, as temperature recording has improved in coverage, it’s become apparent that the cooling trend was most pronounced in northern land areas and that global temperature trends were in fact relatively steady during the period prior to 1970.

At the same time as some scientists were suggesting we might be facing another ice age, a greater number published contradicting studies. Their papers showed that the growing amount of greenhouse gasses that humans were putting into the atmosphere would cause much greater warming – warming that would a much greater influence on global temperature than any possible natural or human-caused cooling effects.

By 1980 the predictions about ice ages had ceased, due to the overwhelming evidence contained in an increasing number of reports that warned of global warming. Unfortunately, the small number of predictions of an ice age appeared to be much more interesting than those of global warming, so it was those sensational 'Ice Age' stories in the press that so many people tend to remember.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222765 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Drought? It's raining here right now, and it's been a colder than normal winter.
Neither is evidence for anything.
The world extends apart her than your nose.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222766 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
We have design engineers who are very intelligent.
Do their designs exceed the human body? The human brain?
Learn about design constraints. You don't know what you're talking about.
There is no evidence of design of the body or brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,432,272
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr John-K 311,874
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr donaldtrump 10,099
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr Les Miles 32,402
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web