Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256576 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#222682 Apr 2, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The 5 year old should be told she's going to hell for lying. That'll teach her.
That comment would be funny if it wasn't so often true.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#222683 Apr 3, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>You're gonna know for sure real soon, Krispy
Cool, can you tell me which day I will be dying so I can make arrangements?

Cheers christian.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#222684 Apr 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Not rugby players?!
Hm. I take the fifth :p

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#222685 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
A Florida 5-year-old was reportedly told by a lunchroom employee at her school that praying before eating was a no-no - and now her irate father has opted to take her out of school lest she be deprived of her religious freedom. CBS reports that her father, Marcos Perez, has summoned the legal prowess of the conservative Liberty Institute to demand the school change its ways:
by Dain Fitzgerald
Staff Writer
Actually, the ACLU would probably take the case as well. While they are better known for defending constitutional prohibitions of teachers leading prayers, they have also defended students' rights to do so on their own. For example,

The ACLU of Virginia (2014) supported the right of Christian students to proselytize on a community college campus.
http://acluva.org/14911/aclu-tells-virginia-c...

The ACLU of Virginia (2012 and 2010) opposed bans on students' right to wear rosary beads at two public middle schools. The schools dropped the bans after receiving letters from the ACLU.
https://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/letter-m...
https://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/letter-f...

The ACLU of Virginia (2011) wrote a letter on behalf of a group of Christian athletes in Floyd County High School after the school removed copies of the Ten Commandments the athletes had displayed on the outside of their personal lockers.
https://acluva.org/7257/aclu-tells-floyd-coun...

The ACLU of Texas (2011) opposed a school district's policy prohibiting students from visibly wearing rosaries, crosses, and other articles of faith.
http://www.aclutx.org/2011/11/18/aclu-of-texa...

The ACLU of Nebraska (2011) objected to a public school district's policy barring students from wearing rosaries.
http://www.aclunebraska.org/index.php/religio...

The ACLU of Colorado (2010) opposed a public school's policy that barred students from wearing crosses and rosaries in public view.
http://aclu-co.org/news/aclu-supports-student...

The ACLU of New Jersey (2010) submitted an amicus brief in support of a public school student's right to express her religious beliefs about abortion by wearing an armband with the word "LIFE" on it.
http://www.aclu-nj.org/news/2010/03/24/aclu-n...

The ACLU of Alaska (2010) advised the Alaska Department of Education to respect the religious freedom of Russian Old Believer families by arranging alternate testing dates for the High School Graduation Qualifying Exam, which conflicts with Holy Week for Russian Old Believer students.
http://homernews.com/stories/022410/news_1_00...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#222686 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
A Florida 5-year-old was reportedly told by a lunchroom employee at her school that praying before eating was a no-no - and now her irate father has opted to take her out of school lest she be deprived of her religious freedom. CBS reports that her father, Marcos Perez, has summoned the legal prowess of the conservative Liberty Institute to demand the school change its ways:

by Dain Fitzgerald
Staff Writer
Was she praying out loud?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#222687 Apr 3, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
If anything is, or can be, certain, the writers of the Bible were mistaken about creation, astronomy, geology; about the causes of phenomena, the origin of evil and the cause of death.
Now, it must be admitted that if an infinite Being is the author of the Bible, he knew all sciences, all facts, and could not have made a mistake.
and the author is?
Just a couple corrections to many idiotic claims you make.

The very first verse noted the Big Bang, a beginning point for the universe, 5,000 years before atheists caught up.

The very first chapter noted life coming from the earth and beginning in a genderless form.

This info was recorded by Moses as dictated by the Alien visitor who prophecied a band of former slaves would survive no matter what and become the greatest culture on earth.

Does that answer your question?

Smile.

“When you treat people as they ”

treat you they get offended.

#222688 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not Catholic and don’t hold the Vatican in high regards.
I do not really care which way you dance, it makes no difference to the ignorant and spiteful lies you vomit just because your preacher has told you to vomit them

“When you treat people as they ”

treat you they get offended.

#222689 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have and love to hear them play.
But it seems you have never listened to their words

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222690 Apr 3, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
...good question ; "Aerobatty" ...I've seen Indians praying for rain ...and , I could see how prayer can be a little disruptive ...what , with the chanting and stomping around .....

" Damn it, little girl .....just , sit down and eat your food ..!."

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#222691 Apr 3, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>

While they are better known for defending constitutional prohibitions of teachers leading prayers,...
There is no constitutional prohibition of teachers leading prayers.

If you can show it to me, or any basis for it, I will mail you a cashiers check for $10,000.00.

Location hidden

#222692 Apr 3, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no difference.

Nobody has any constitutional right to not hear a prayer.

Las Vegas, NV

#222693 Apr 3, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd. You sound like a watered-down Bob Loblah. Let's see if your true nature surfaces. It always has in the past - no reason to believe otherwise...
...?..umm...Thank-You ......I guess ...?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222694 Apr 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Just a couple corrections to many idiotic claims you make.

The very first verse noted the Big Bang, a beginning point for the universe, 5,000 years before atheists caught up.

The very first chapter noted life coming from the earth and beginning in a genderless form.

This info was recorded by Moses as dictated by the Alien visitor who prophecied a band of former slaves would survive no matter what and become the greatest culture on earth.

Does that answer your question?

Smile.
No.

But it apparently answers yours.

To some of us, what satisfies you is entirely unsatisfying.

Location hidden

#222695 Apr 3, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And they must not be thrust on others.
Like trying to put creationism in science classes.
Or making access to abortion illegal because of your religious beliefs.
Or telling people that they are going to hell for not believing in your particular religion.
When do you hear or see atheists telling you what you MUST believe? And don't even try to include well established science that refutes the bible.
Science is true whether you believe it or not.
Sure it is. Just look at all the global warming.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222696 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>There is no constitutional prohibition of teachers leading prayers.

If you can show it to me, or any basis for it, I will mail you a cashiers check for $10,000.00.
Depends on the prayer and whether it's a public school.

There is definite precedent prohibiting teachers in public schools from leading prayers of any particular sect.
O G Kush

Clermont, FL

#222697 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That school lunch employee should be disciplined for suppressing the religious rights of this child.
I don't think so!

What's good for the goose is likewise good for the gander.

Why disciplining the employee?

Jewish students can wear their yarmulke in the school which must provide kosher food.

Muslims can bring their prayer rugs and honor Allah at the prescribed times.

taken into its logical extreme, in a ill logical country with a ill logical Society...

To ensure religious freedom... every school should provide chapels. mosques and whatever 'temporary holy place ' to support the fantasies of the faithful.

Superstition does not belong in the place of learning.

< nearly dies laughing>

Las Vegas, NV

#222698 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no constitutional prohibition of teachers leading prayers.
...I hope you're posting from the U.S.A .

because ,$10,000 " pesos " ...won't even get us McDonald's ....:(

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222699 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>It makes no difference.

Nobody has any constitutional right to not hear a prayer.
If it's disruptive in a public school classroom, they certainly do have a right to not have to hear it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222700 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is. Just look at all the global warming.
I have.

You should.

Location hidden

#222701 Apr 3, 2014
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Ummm....no. In case you didn't know, anyone can get cancer. And, anyone can get a disease, or lose a limb.
So, actually I'm talking about everyone's bodies (including yours).... NOT a great design.
Not a great design? You're an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min An NFL Fan 1,419,695
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min ThomasA 311,628
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,332
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 26 Earthling-1 10,065
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web