Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255284 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#222526 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Deception
What a clueless dork.
I have yet to find a chrisitard who reads their own magic book.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222527 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I listen to my students in class although I never comment to them.
Most are agnostic or atheist. Mist understand mythology and allegory though and can discern between fantasy and reality.
"Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)"

We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey teacher leave them kids alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall

Hey teacher leave us kids alone

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#222528 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear friend, I know that you are not a ignorant man but one who is capable of understanding simple language. I must refer you to the word “if,” for in order to take the first part of the sentence one must accept the word “if,” in the second part.
15 “But women will be saved through childbearing—IF they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."
Now notice my friend the sentence does not stop with “childbearing,” as you so elude. But the sentence continues with “if.”
The word “if,” in this case is a conjunction. It is very much a part of the sentence structure. Conjunctions are like the coupler on train cars. They join the sentence together and without it the sentence is not coupled.
All this you know yet you deliberately act as though the conjunction,“if” is not present. Why do you revert to trickery and deception? How does this deception help your credibility?
This means that a woman must not only bear children, but they must ALSO be faithful. But unless they pop out kids, then all their faithfulness is for naught. Because Eve made men fall, or something.

San Francisco

#222529 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure would be nice if the gays left the children alone.
Most pedophiles are heterosexual. Put your own house in order before criticizing others.

San Francisco

#222530 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure would be nice if the gays left the children alone.
PS - It sure would be nice if Christians would leave gay children alone.
giveupscum

London, UK

#222531 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)"
Hey teacher leave them kids alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
Hey teacher leave us kids alone
]

Most religious are ignorant robots that repeat crap like babies.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#222532 Apr 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Dismembered by drawing and quartering, spread to the four winds, burnt and buried in separate graves. The head stuck on the tower for display for a hundred years or more till it's forgotten what your stupid idea was.
A plan , that was above your pay grade, and uncovered only now , because your rotten skull fell off the pike.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
can't you just feel the love and 'tolerance' from the fascist fundie antiCHRISTians......:-)
Absolutely this WAS the christian love given. And a true story of the authority delivered by the Christians who ruled.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222533 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Most pedophiles are heterosexual. Put your own house in order before criticizing others.
...most people in prison are heterosexual ...
..most home owners are heterosexual ...
..most movie goers are heterosexual ...etc..etc..

...Heterosexual .."Is" most ..PEOPLE ...

what (%) of heterosexuals ...are child rapists ..
what (%) of homosexuals ...are child rapists ..

Las Vegas, NV

#222534 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome to buy whatever you want, it will make no difference to your ignorant and ill informed loathing of atheism. If you feel you need to spread such lies and abhorrence because you want to believe in a god then don’t be surprised when those you show hatred to respond in kind.
As to lashing out, how? You are the one who spelled “AmeriKKKa” I never even mentioned it. So why do you associate christian scare tactics with America?
When you can come up with any evidence for the existence of any god then he/she/it will rise above the realms of myth. Until then the entire history of human civilisation identifies all gods (except yours of course –(note that little bit of sarcasm)) as myth
...see..now your the victim ....!

the way I see it ..there are ' two ' types of people ....theist ..who , put their hopes and trust in an imaginary being ..

or , atheists who suffer from impotent rage and victimhood ...and , don't know why ...

I wasn't associating ..the reality of Hell with America ..

I was merely pointing to how puerile the heathen is and that you do have an agenda ....atheism ..is a religion ....a pagan religion ...you worship yourselves ....( idols )..

Las Vegas, NV

#222535 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
...Well...I apologize ...We do have to work on this ...

fact ..Is , God loves homosexuals .....He f**king created them ...of course He loves them ...

but , God ' hates ' immoral sex ......even , straight people ..go to Hell ...

Las Vegas, NV

#222536 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear friend, I know that you are not a ignorant man but one who is capable of understanding simple language. I must refer you to the word “if,” for in order to take the first part of the sentence one must accept the word “if,” in the second part.
15 “But women will be saved through childbearing—IF they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."
Now notice my friend the sentence does not stop with “childbearing,” as you so elude. But the sentence continues with “if.”
The word “if,” in this case is a conjunction. It is very much a part of the sentence structure. Conjunctions are like the coupler on train cars. They join the sentence together and without it the sentence is not coupled.
All this you know yet you deliberately act as though the conjunction,“if” is not present. Why do you revert to trickery and deception? How does this deception help your credibility?
...He knows ..he is wrong ( and willfully misinterpreting scripture )....barren women don't die in perdition ....no where is that recorded or eluded to ...

If God were merely a myth ...these heathen wouldn't feel such hate towards Him and His church ...

Las Vegas, NV

#222537 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I renounced your religion fully when I came to believe in Jesus.
....actually ....We are more ' jewish ' than the Jews .....we , actually worship their Messiah ...

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#222538 Apr 1, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....actually ....We are more ' jewish ' than the Jews .....we , actually worship their Messiah ...
God Damn you are stupid.
Atheist Silurist

Ammanford, UK

#222539 Apr 1, 2014
Saudi Arabia declares atheists terrorists under new laws targeting citizens who 'call for secular thought in any form'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25941...

Fcuking Saudi pigs. What a disgusting bunch of cretins they are. The biggest terrorists on the planet and they got the cheek to call atheists terrorists.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#222540 Apr 1, 2014
Atheist Silurist wrote:
Saudi Arabia declares atheists terrorists under new laws targeting citizens who 'call for secular thought in any form'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25941...
Fcuking Saudi pigs. What a disgusting bunch of cretins they are. The biggest terrorists on the planet and they got the cheek to call atheists terrorists.
Saudi Arabia has officially identified atheists as terrorists in sweeping new laws that threaten up to 20 years in prison for almost any criticism of the government or Islam.

Perfect , that's what we call a tight grip . Do what ever you want and imprison anyone that objects.= Theocracy
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222541 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
This means that a woman must not only bear children, but they must ALSO be faithful. But unless they pop out kids, then all their faithfulness is for naught. Because Eve made men fall, o
r something.
This means you have a biased substandard flawed interpretation that you promote as the truth. When in fact you deny the Amplified version because it explains even more clearly the KJV.

This is what we see all the time. Atheist deliberately misinterpretation scripture. Because if the truth be known Atheist are weak and insecure in their belief. And Atheist feel the need to discredit the bible by making false interpretations, taking scripture out of context, leaving out conjunctions.

If you are so right why revert to these callow interpretations?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222542 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Children under the age of 12 are just children.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222543 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What a clueless dork.
I have yet to find a chrisitard who reads their own magic book.
It gives me great solace that your response is so …… well shallow. Getting angry and reverting to name calling does not help your cause. It does show your insecurity in Atheism.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222544 Apr 1, 2014
giveupscum wrote:
<quoted text>
]
Most religious are ignorant robots that repeat crap like babies.
Thank you, glad you liked it.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#222545 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>This means that a woman must not only bear children, but they must ALSO be faithful. But unless they pop out kids, then all their faithfulness is for naught. Because Eve made men fall, or something.
Jeez, they blame everything on the rib made out of the dirt man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,383,173
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min Three Rounds 311,185
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Tue Evan 32,266
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue IB DaMann 9,635
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) May 23 Ceren 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 22 01niner 201,860
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) May 15 Idiots 285
More from around the web