Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#222516 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't leave the gays alone, can ya waaaasup? Would you like to talk about that?
If all Christians were like these fuckweasels I would have to change my stance on theocide.

Fortunately most people I know (of all religions and non) are far more loving, moral, honest and intelligent than these scumbags.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222517 Apr 1, 2014
HeIsBack wrote:
<quoted text>...
01Apr14....Good to see that you still pack-a-punch towards these hAtheists.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
[tipping hat]

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#222518 Apr 1, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
my friend, i don't like your ideologies or the positions that you take on spiritual and socio-political issues, but i am sincerely for you as a fellow human being created in the image of our God, i'm NOT against you:-)
That would be nice were it true. Most of your posts suggest otherwise though. Accusing my partner and I of being indecent perverts, for example. I'm still waiting for you to explain what is indecent about either of us or our relationship.

San Francisco

#222519 Apr 1, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin was a dick.
So are you.
Buck is a communist!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#222520 Apr 1, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Uhm - yes I did.....here it is again.....
"New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
If you don't mind other poster's opinions....here is mine:
I use the facts based upon archeological finds and literary scholars to come to the conclusion that what is read today IS NOT what was intended."
If that isn't a standard, then you will have to clearly define what you mean by moral standard and how it is acquired by an individual.
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Morals evolve to protect the species. Religion is out of fear of the unknown.
I agree.

The original poster doesn't see it this way. The poster must think the biblical morals have not evolved.
- some have not.....like the moral standard to love your family, even when they do things bad.

The poster was just looking to skip out of the honesty most morals call for.

Sheet....they think the OT laws are still valid and truthful. That tells me enough about a so-called "Christian" - in that they don't understand the use of those laws and the time they were pertinent.

Killing someone with "stones" nowadays, just because they had an affair - is not "justified" as with the biblical laws.

This is a major problem within Christianity.....reality is disposed of and they live in antiquitated laws that arer no longer valid for today's society.

Of course, if they were truly honest with themselves and others (although they can't come to these terms), they would say the following:
- "The Bible has many laws that aren't valid and they no longer pertain to my/our society."

This is the honesty they can't fathom, because it invalidates teh Bible, and they can't have that, because it goes against their belief in men.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#222521 Apr 1, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's taking care of itself. Fewer and fewer of the kids are buying into the BS these days. A couple more generations and fundies will be extinct.
I listen to my students in class although I never comment to them.

Most are agnostic or atheist. Mist understand mythology and allegory though and can discern between fantasy and reality.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222522 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but that is not what that passage says. Let's try again.
"11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."
Again, the key passage here is "But women will be saved through childbearing". The clear implication being that a childless woman is doomed.
My dear friend, I know that you are not a ignorant man but one who is capable of understanding simple language. I must refer you to the word “if,” for in order to take the first part of the sentence one must accept the word “if,” in the second part.

15 “But women will be saved through childbearing—IF they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

Now notice my friend the sentence does not stop with “childbearing,” as you so elude. But the sentence continues with “if.”

The word “if,” in this case is a conjunction. It is very much a part of the sentence structure. Conjunctions are like the coupler on train cars. They join the sentence together and without it the sentence is not coupled.

All this you know yet you deliberately act as though the conjunction,“if” is not present. Why do you revert to trickery and deception? How does this deception help your credibility?

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222523 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't leave the gays alone, can ya waaaasup? Would you like to talk about that?
It sure would be nice if the gays left the children alone.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222524 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
And according to Paul any woman who can't have or doesn't want children is doomed to Hell.
Deception
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222525 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your reading and comprehension skills have not improved much.
Really, yet you leave out a critical conjunction “if,” in 1st Timothy 2:15.

And you are accusing another of poor reading and comprehension?

My dear friend, hypocrisy doth abound in thy soul. Is this a trait of Atheism or just a individual paroxysm with thee?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#222526 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Deception
What a clueless dork.
I have yet to find a chrisitard who reads their own magic book.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222527 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I listen to my students in class although I never comment to them.
Most are agnostic or atheist. Mist understand mythology and allegory though and can discern between fantasy and reality.
"Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)"

We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey teacher leave them kids alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall

Hey teacher leave us kids alone

San Francisco

#222528 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear friend, I know that you are not a ignorant man but one who is capable of understanding simple language. I must refer you to the word “if,” for in order to take the first part of the sentence one must accept the word “if,” in the second part.
15 “But women will be saved through childbearing—IF they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."
Now notice my friend the sentence does not stop with “childbearing,” as you so elude. But the sentence continues with “if.”
The word “if,” in this case is a conjunction. It is very much a part of the sentence structure. Conjunctions are like the coupler on train cars. They join the sentence together and without it the sentence is not coupled.
All this you know yet you deliberately act as though the conjunction,“if” is not present. Why do you revert to trickery and deception? How does this deception help your credibility?
This means that a woman must not only bear children, but they must ALSO be faithful. But unless they pop out kids, then all their faithfulness is for naught. Because Eve made men fall, or something.

San Francisco

#222529 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most pedophiles are heterosexual. Put your own house in order before criticizing others.

San Francisco

#222530 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS - It sure would be nice if Christians would leave gay children alone.
giveupscum

London, UK

#222531 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)"
Hey teacher leave them kids alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
Hey teacher leave us kids alone
]

Most religious are ignorant robots that repeat crap like babies.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#222532 Apr 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Dismembered by drawing and quartering, spread to the four winds, burnt and buried in separate graves. The head stuck on the tower for display for a hundred years or more till it's forgotten what your stupid idea was.
A plan , that was above your pay grade, and uncovered only now , because your rotten skull fell off the pike.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
can't you just feel the love and 'tolerance' from the fascist fundie antiCHRISTians......:-)
Absolutely this WAS the christian love given. And a true story of the authority delivered by the Christians who ruled.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222533 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Most pedophiles are heterosexual. Put your own house in order before criticizing others.
...most people in prison are heterosexual ...
..most home owners are heterosexual ...
..most movie goers are heterosexual ...etc..etc..

...Heterosexual .."Is" most ..PEOPLE ...

what (%) of heterosexuals ...are child rapists ..
what (%) of homosexuals ...are child rapists ..

Las Vegas, NV

#222534 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome to buy whatever you want, it will make no difference to your ignorant and ill informed loathing of atheism. If you feel you need to spread such lies and abhorrence because you want to believe in a god then don’t be surprised when those you show hatred to respond in kind.
As to lashing out, how? You are the one who spelled “AmeriKKKa” I never even mentioned it. So why do you associate christian scare tactics with America?
When you can come up with any evidence for the existence of any god then he/she/it will rise above the realms of myth. Until then the entire history of human civilisation identifies all gods (except yours of course –(note that little bit of sarcasm)) as myth
...see..now your the victim ....!

the way I see it ..there are ' two ' types of people ....theist ..who , put their hopes and trust in an imaginary being ..

or , atheists who suffer from impotent rage and victimhood ...and , don't know why ...

I wasn't associating ..the reality of Hell with America ..

I was merely pointing to how puerile the heathen is and that you do have an agenda ....atheism ..is a religion ....a pagan religion ...you worship yourselves ....( idols )..

Las Vegas, NV

#222535 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
PS - It sure would be nice if Christians would leave gay children alone.
...Well...I apologize ...We do have to work on this ...

fact ..Is , God loves homosexuals .....He f**king created them ...of course He loves them ...

but , God ' hates ' immoral sex ......even , straight people ..go to Hell ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,394,386
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Into The Night 9,779
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr Trojan 32,287
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Jun 16 ThomasA 311,316
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web