Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258038 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#222106 Mar 29, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
And if someone has faith that Ganesha exists? Or Zeus? Or Xenu? Or that Joseph Smith was a prophet of the Judeo-Christian God who could read holy tablets delivered by an angel using stone glasses? Using faith alone, how does one determine which, if any, of those scenarios are the truth?
See what I'm saying? Faith is not a valid epistemology.
It works for some...that's all I'll say about faith. I don't feel like a bad person anymore, because it never worked for me since my early teens.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#222107 Mar 29, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't mind other poster's opinions....here is mine:

I use the facts based upon archeological finds and literary scholars to come to the conclusion that what is read today IS NOT what was intended.

Too many changes cause the Bible to be in error of its teachings.

...and you? What is your standard?
You did not answer the question you did not explain where you get your own moral standard from.

It is clear where mine comes from whether you agree with it or not.

So over to you :-)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#222108 Mar 29, 2014
mpotent wrote:
<quoted text>The National Electric Code.

The whole Bible is substandard. I'm going to have to condemn it.
Which standard are you using which moral standard are you using to determine that biblical morality is substandard.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#222109 Mar 29, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
First-wrong.
I am anti religion. There's a difference, though I don't expect you to acknowledge that.
Second-I think it was Abe Lincoln who said something like, "When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion."
That's good enough for me.
There is no need to terrify children with threats of some eternal punishment that you don't even know exists.
At the very least, you could wait until they reach the age of reason before feeding that crap to them.
But then, most religious indoctrinated know that if they wait until the age of reason, it will be too late to fill their heads with irrational fears.
I wouldn't call that religion @ all. I call that ethics.

And there's no doubt that Abe Lincoln was an ethical man, but not particularly religious.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#222110 Mar 29, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Which standard are you using which moral standard are you using to determine that biblical morality is substandard.
Did Jesus poop?

If He did, did He use his right or left hand to wipe?

I can't find evidence of that in the Bible.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#222111 Mar 29, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Her father will so have to stone her to death, on her wedding day...
It does remind me of that. Or at worst, the story of Lot and his daughters.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#222112 Mar 29, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays and lesbians more popular than evangelical Christians:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/28/gays...
:D
BTW, the only place a homosexual agenda exists is in the mind of the ignorant and paranoid like yourself.
I can tell u exactly why from experience, Wilde.

Because some churches, esp the one I grew up in, seem to want only to marginalize and judge people. Unfortunately I was the unlucky one there. Maybe not now, but I have no interest in going back to see.

Gay people OTOH...if you can accept what they are, they will accept you. In fact they are some of my best friends and support here in the big city.

The only agenda you have is to be treated the same as other Homo Sapiens.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#222113 Mar 29, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, perhaps had a little deamon inside?
It's witchcraft!

And a century before that, people would have said that if they saw someone using a telephone.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#222114 Mar 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I love animals, and my dogs like them too.
They like my leather jackets a little too much, must be like being wrapped in bacon to them or something..lol
Dogs follow their nose.:-)

And I'm sure they know that your jackets smell like cow, which they know makes a nice dinner.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#222115 Mar 29, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was pretty much fuckedfrom birth.
Incest?
And I'm sure you've been cheeky from birth, River. LOL
mpotent

United States

#222116 Mar 29, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Any will do.

Have you ever had any deep thoughts? I sincerely doubt it.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#222117 Mar 29, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Gays and lesbians more popular than evangelical Christians:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/28/gays...

:D

BTW, the only place a homosexual agenda exists is in the mind of the ignorant and paranoid like yourself.
Ooh, they want equal rights, what an evil plot.

Ffs.

I think Ricky says it well;

http://media.boreme.com/post_media/2014/ricky...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#222118 Mar 29, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Did Jesus poop?
If He did, did He use his right or left hand to wipe?
I can't find evidence of that in the Bible.
His dad must wipe for him.

"So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God." Mark 16:19

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#222119 Mar 29, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Ta for that, Luci.

Of course we can ask the question: is it a chook or a galah?
:-)
Definitely a chook. Galahs have a sense of humour.

Our resident chooky cries and cries about anyone who dares to even disagree with it and gawd forbid anyone treats it as it treats others.

Then (this is hilarious) it actually pontificates at others who address posters in the exact same manner.

As chook as a sook chook can be, you see?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#222120 Mar 29, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Correct. Now don't get him started on ugg boots.
:-)

Speaking of which, this conversation reminds me that I need some new boots. Now that the weather is starting to get cooler.
*pouts*

I can't wear boots here, well I could but my feet would melt.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#222121 Mar 29, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
His dad must wipe for him.
"So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God." Mark 16:19
Ewww.

Were you eating corn?

http://www.cornbible.org/

“What game?”

Location hidden

#222122 Mar 29, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
*pouts*
I can't wear boots here, well I could but my feet would melt.
I have one steel toed Redwing. Left.

I donated the other one. Hopefully a badass girl with one right leg will be able to use it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222123 Mar 29, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Then I think that was a poor choice by whoever did it and it doesn't surprise me you left the faith

But I don't think its a common practice

Unfortunately, you were one of the people it happened to
It happened to everybody I know.

We were taught it by our church. We were taught it by our parents. We even had extra weekly indoctrination sessions in the form of catechism. We had to confess our sins every two weeks to avoid hell. We had to pray for our very lives and immortal souls every single night.

Most of my immediate and extended family is still wallowing on this sick delusion. They eat flesh and drink blood to avoid eternal torment.

And, btw, I don't consider 7 and 8th graders to be old enough to be considered candidates for indoctrination. They're barely past believing in Santa.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222124 Mar 29, 2014
tricki wrote:
wilderide wrote:
So at some undefined point someone who sins enough can never be saved anymore? They are hopeless, even if they reform and repent later? And regardless, when Paul says that people are saved by grace alone, he is wrong. So that is still a glaring error. Especially considering Paul then contradicts himself by insisting that women must be saved by faith and childbirth, which means women who are sterile are hopeless.

golly, what would be the limit? my my.

wildebeest does not present this faux dilemma cause she thinks it can't be clarified. she, once again, is running from the simple atheist test. i promised to answer all her most confounding questions
You're a douchnozzle.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222125 Mar 29, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You must be a blast at parties

I think we are done again

Nobody can say I haven't repeatedly tried
And failed.

Miserably, in fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min TRUMP WINNERS 1,457,545
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 min Lavar Ball 32,588
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 5 hr Go Blue Forever 57
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Thu 3 Cats 312,661
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,372
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Nov 20 Sandra Tillman 16
More from around the web