Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256637 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#221488 Mar 26, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, YOU'RE the reason such a group is needed.
yes - it's much better to enable addicts and wring our hands in psuedo acceptance rather than confront them with the truth about their insatiable addictions, huh malcom milquetoast?!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#221489 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the good ole Topix Atheist! comeback; "You're dumb".
If the shoe fits...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#221490 Mar 26, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>yes - it's much better to enable addicts and wring our hands in psuedo acceptance rather than confront them with the truth about their insatiable addictions, huh malcom milquetoast?!
You're a sique fuque.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#221491 Mar 26, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
If the shoe fits...
I don't wear shoes.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#221492 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wear shoes.
Okay Tarzan, but you're not coming into this building, till you go get some shoes.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#221493 Mar 26, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you enjoy trying to hurt people, don't you ??..
I just find in revealing that someone who has consistently looked to bring trouble in my direction over things like how one responds, to being more intelligent and a better writer than me, and my stream of consciousness seems to be someone who is very insecure in those areas herself.

I didn't say boo to you when I started posted in here again and you went right on the attack and lied to a staggering degree to do so, trying to claim I physically threatened you. So the victim act doesn't wash

And maybe instead of trying sooo hard to portray yourself as superior intellectually where I have shown you plagiarizing a half dozen times you should just be yourself? You know I didn't go into that post thinking "hey I should check to see if she wrote this". I read it and it was so obvious you hadn't that I decided to look. Too much putting on fronts and airs for an anonymous chat room. So silly
IPSEC

Haslet, TX

#221494 Mar 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
--The historical record of killing for atheism is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity's worst year.
--There is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules.
--Atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them.
Nope, they were pharaohs, their own gods. Your Dear Leader interfered with their Dear Leader. There is no distinction.

Location hidden

#221495 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I stood in line for the original Star Wars AND Star Trek movies.
I crossed the line lol.
I miss the days of both the classics and 'cult favorites'. The Marvel movies have been a nice touch to pump some blood into an industry that seems to be running out of ideas and still can't top movies from 40 years ago. In one way its cool they have stood the test of time but wish there were more great movies to keep adding to the list. Very few in recent years
IPSEC

Haslet, TX

#221496 Mar 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but think of how your tone would change if I had your shirt collar in my grip.
No, Internet tough guy, you'd be crying like the coward you are.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#221497 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if Stalin thinks Jesus existed, you do too.
You just admitted it, you think He was an anarchist, murderer and terrorist.
Does that make you a theist? Does that make you a Christian?
Why are you attempting to compare me to Stalin?

I did not study for the priesthood

I did not open 25000 churches

I did not re-instate the church institutions

But Stalin did.
IPSEC

Haslet, TX

#221498 Mar 26, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because they don't do any scientific research. They take articles or papers on other true scientists and sit and think and write what they think is wrong with the ideas and principles in the work. That is all they do. Rewrite with a religious slant, all honest scientists body of work. They do NO work. Just tear down. And then say they are scientific.
Scientific my foot. You cant make a discovery when you do no work.
So I agree, a complete FAIL
Exactly.
IPSEC

Haslet, TX

#221499 Mar 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Got caught in the depths of stupidity again, didn't you?
Now you resort to ugly troll behavior.
Now that's classic 'rational atheist' oxymoron behavior!
You're quite the loon, defrocked preacher. Please don't harm anyone else.
IPSEC

Haslet, TX

#221500 Mar 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but think of how your tone would change if I had your shirt collar in my grip.
Yeah, just what I thought. No one jot, one tittle, one iota of an example where ID has led to scientific discovery or improved our lives. And, you already admitted it wasn't falsifiable. Fail.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#221501 Mar 26, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. would you also consider religion a control mechanism ??..
I don't think religions necessarily start out that way, but they nearly all end up that way.

San Francisco

#221502 Mar 26, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. admit it, you'd pet Rosemary ..
Oh I'd totally cuddle Rosemary I'm sure. That's something entirely different.

;)

San Francisco

#221503 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that psychology is the scientific study of the human mind and it's functions, it isn't just about emotions.
And I don't need wiki to verify that.
The point being, emotions can be studied. We know quite alot about them and how they operate. Not everything, certainly, but a great deal.

And back to the original point: you seem to get hung up on the idea that anything which cannot be directly observed with your eyes therefore cannot be empirically studied, and that's not the case at all. So the comparison between supernatural claims and things like emotions isn't a legitimate one.
IPSEC

Haslet, TX

#221504 Mar 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
--The historical record of killing for atheism is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity's worst year.
--There is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules.
--Atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them.
According to the myth, which you cowardly won't admit to following, Dear Leader in the sky drowned an entire planet. Hell, you clowns even make kid's toys, because, after all, genocide is wonderful, warm, and cuddly.

18.3 million percent worse. Hahaha. I wonder which smells worse, when you talk out of your mouth or out of your ass. Hey, convict, your farts mush just woosh after all the stretching you got by all those big joints in the joint

San Francisco

#221505 Mar 26, 2014
Phantom2010 wrote:
<quoted text> And what is your explanation as to why your spontaneous beliefs are irrational and magical?
When I was a little kid I was afraid of the dark, and thought there were monsters under the bed or hiding in the closet. I had no proof that there were of course, because there weren't any. But I earnestly believed there were. I was projecting my fear of the unknown. Ghosts and spirits are the same thing. People make up stories about things and they sometimes develop into larger myths and legends. It's just magical thinking, part of our psychological make-up. My guess would be that humans developed a propensity for magical thinking as a survival technique. A slightly paranoid person who thinks there might be predators lurking in the dark will take extra precautions to protect themselves, and will survive longer than someone with a more careless attitude. Now of course that propensity has outgrown it's usefulness.

Location hidden

#221506 Mar 26, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid Skum ex-con. Work it, bitch. Like your ass got worked in the joint.
Your homo erotic fantasies about me are your business

:)

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#221507 Mar 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
So says creation com and other apologist sites, no evidence of course but since when has evidence had anything to do with religious lies are anything that buck want to believe?

So lets take your god, the book of god says he murdered the entire living population of the entire world minus about 18 million animals and a small handful of close human buddies.

99.9999999999999999999% of the population of the world, that my dear is going to take some beating even by the most determined despot.

It is estimated that 809 million people have died in religious wars throughout the ages. The conflicts include crusades, inter religious conflict, religious sects conflicts etc.

That too is going to take some beating, true, not all christian atrocities but hey, when your child has just been murdered in the name of god who’s taking a poll?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,420,864
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 32,334
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 11 hr Mrs thompjacksiju 201,889
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 12 hr Earthling-1 10,070
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon Blue November 311,629
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web