Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#221221 Mar 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, for your simple mind.....
cap-EEESH?
That, you can get away with.

"Capsice," not so much, PhelpsLite.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#221222 Mar 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you what the beliefs of liberalism are.
Only you can tell me if you are a liberal.
Say stupid things to other people, not me.

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#221223 Mar 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts portray a completely empty-headed idiot.
I bet you think that about any girl in a bikini, MCP. I'm certainly not as thick as some.

“Electronic graffiti”

Camp Cove

#221224 Mar 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
As per usual, you don't know what you're talking about.
You should not try to come up with arguments. Stick to gratuitous insults. It suits you.
Look everyone! Buck's talking to himself in the mirror again.

“Electronic graffiti”

Camp Cove

#221225 Mar 24, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
There's video of Bigfoot.
How about the Loch Ness Monster?

“Electronic graffiti”

Camp Cove

#221226 Mar 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you figure that God can be infinite but the universe can't be?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/al...

“Electronic graffiti”

Camp Cove

#221227 Mar 24, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
just for that Rosa - drop and give me 10 kegles!;-)
Save it for your wife, sleazoid. If you have one.

“Electronic graffiti”

Camp Cove

#221228 Mar 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Waasssup, instead of constantly obsessing about sex why not just have some and move on?
You know, there's probably some junkie ho standing on the street corner who could help him out with that.

“Electronic graffiti”

Camp Cove

#221229 Mar 24, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with the gay movement is they want our kids.
That’s their target and why they want gay marriage legalized. It’s all about the kids.
So do the churches.

“Electronic graffiti”

Camp Cove

#221230 Mar 24, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Say stupid things to other people, not me.
LOL

“Drive by wire”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#221231 Mar 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Entirely wrong. Being counted or not counted has nothing to do with being finite.
Sorry you're a buffoon.

Websters.

finite

a : having definite or definable limits <a finite number of possibilities>
b : having a limited nature or existence <finite beings>
: completely determinable in theory or in fact by counting, measurement, or thought.

hmm
completely determinable in theory or in fact by counting, measurement, or thought.

“Drive by wire”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#221232 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh?
Refereed Scientific Article on DNA Argues for Irreducible Complexity
Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences
December 2013, Volume 70, Issue 23, pp 4555-4567
Integration of syntactic and semantic properties of the DNA code reveals chromosomes as thermodynamic machines converting energy into information
Georgi Muskhelishvili, Andrew Travers
“Thus the holistic approach assumes self-referentiality (completeness of the contained information and full consistency of the the different codes) as an irreducible organizational complexity of the genetic regulation system of any cell”.
I agree Irreducible Complexity and intelligent design is just as valid as Intelligent grappling.

" A Georgia group calling itself Teachers for Equal Time has asked that stickers be placed in all new physics textbooks which note that mutual attraction and relativity are not the only theories available to explain gravity and should not be taken as fact."

Teachers for Equal Time hopes that the addition of the warning stickers will pave the way for the teaching of its alternative theory, Intelligent Grappling, the theory that certain intelligent and conscious agents “push” things together.

Dr Elf M. Sternberg, the originator of the theory of Intelligent Grappling, or “IG” as some call it, and president of Teachers for Equal Time, announced the group’s plans to seek legislation requiring the stickers at a Cobb County school board meeting.

“Mutual attraction has had a monopoly on the truth for too long,” said Dr. Sternberg,“it is time we let children see all of the theories.”

Gravity isn't real, you stay on Earth because the hand of god holds you down!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#221233 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's thoroughly stupid, Mac Muffins.
One deity, of the eternal and omnipotent type, is quantitatively no different than a million deities.
Think of it in terms of an infinite donut - one is no different than a dozen. Takes the same amount of flour, same amount of time to eat it.
Say stupid things like this to other people, not me.
Well, you're nearly right.

There's no *qualitative* difference between the deity you claim tgo worship and any of the millions of other worshipped gods out there.

Or do you have evidence otherwise? I'd like to see it.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#221234 Mar 25, 2014
Puck Frick's also wrong about the doughnuts because he can only promote one type of infinity.

Puck Frick's mind is too limited to understand heirarchies of infinities, despite Cantor's work a whole century ago.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you're nearly right.
There's no *qualitative* difference between the deity you claim tgo worship and any of the millions of other worshipped gods out there.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#221235 Mar 25, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<Buck waves a Bible in the air>

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#221236 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Because I am in sympathy with an honest underdog who is being savaged by a large entrenched power structure on the basis of ideology and dogma, and in the process, politicizing science, all the while lying through their teeth about it.

That's the short answer.
If intelligent design was ever accepted as science, what value would it have?

What predictions would it make?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#221237 Mar 25, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
There is not much difference because they are all mostly the same anthropomorphic projections of the same universal forces.

Much as Tiamat, Ishtar, Demeter and Mother Earth are cognate for what some modern scientists refer to as Gaia (borrowed from Greek Mythology)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_%28mytholog... .

I do not blame brilliantly composed allegorical texts that moronic humans take them literally.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#221238 Mar 25, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
If intelligent design was ever accepted as science, what value would it have?
What predictions would it make?
It would support the Universal Consciousness and Gaia theories, not a deity. Organisms evolve because nature is actually consciously causing organisms to "self correct" and "adapt".

Consider getting a tan. The body "intelligently" creates melatonin to protect from bad UV while allowing in good UV to produce vitamin D. The cells that make us up can "think" and "design" and "create". Reality is far more amazing than "God did it.".
I honestly think these "Creationists" are blind to how beautiful and magnificent our planet is that they have to create a fantasy world described in a 4000 year old Hebrew myth.

It is like reading the menu over and over again while starving to death at an all you can eat buffet.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221239 Mar 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Unsupported?
A mind boggling complex event occurred and you not only call it 'unsupported', but have ruled out an outside intelligent force.
Anything infinitesimally as complex in science can only be accomplished in a lab under controlled circumstances.
Ah, the 'rational atheist' oxymoron mind, who can fathom the perversions of logic it uses...
Smirk.
So you invent something even more complex to explain it, claim it always existed, claim it is outside space and time yet can somehow effect even the minutiae within space and time, and decry others as irrational. Hookay, Sparky.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221240 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No. But that doesn't make me, nor anyone else, an atheist.
An atheist is one who believes no god exists. Is that hard for you to grasp? Because it's really easy for other people.
Another definition is the absence of a belief in a god or gods, which does qualify everyone as an atheist to certain god memes. Both sides of this "argument" are parsing words. There is no superior position here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,205,925
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 24 min Big D 201,775
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr ACTUALLY 309,212
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 18 hr kareeo 14
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr mike tirico 29,264
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Thu Patriot AKA Bozo 4,934
The night Adolph Rupp met Johnny Green Mar 18 alexreese447 1
More from around the web