Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255857 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#220216 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not, that’s what he believed at the time. And he admitted it was a mistake
Unlike you who would not dream of such a climb down.
Oh.

Einstein believed it.

o.O

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220217 Mar 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
When did all that happen and how did I miss it?
If these events are understood by these people with these good minds, why have they never bothered to explain it to the rest of the world?
Last time they talked to me, the origin of the universe still involved a high degree of mystery, and all the evolving relied on a simple mechanism whose innovative power is widely questioned, with little demonstrative evidence to the contrary, and that's after the still mysterious introduction of life, for which no person has a clue.
The Topix Atheist! knows all...

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#220218 Mar 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash Christine: Atheist leaders allow churches.
"Stalin officially adopted the Russian Communist Party’s stance on religion, claiming atheism and continuing the tradition of teaching atheism in schools and propagating the idea that religion was only damaging to a perfect communist society. Stalin even took it further than his predecessor, Lenin, and initiated a nationwide campaign to destroy churches and religious property and even persecute and kill church officials. It is said that under Stalin, the Russian Orthodox Church went from 50,000 to 500 open and operating churches"
-The Religion and Political Views of Joseph Stalin
That not news, that’s olds and complete wrong in that it deliberately focuses on one period, cherry picks and omits the final figures.

It omits the FACT that before Stalin died he was instrumental in restoring the priesthood and 25000 churches.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220219 Mar 19, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Can I call you 'friend'??..
You gotta get better at those sammiches first.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#220220 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
More buck make up ignorant BS?
You are not improving with age are you?
“You know, they are fooling us, there is no God.” as claimed by a teenage student of a teenage Stalin while studying to become a priest in the Russian Orthodox
Give Buck some credit - he's made his life much easier by creating his own reality. Words mean something different in Buckworld, facts don't matter in Buckworld...its a crazy place, but it keeps him off the streets...

#220221 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Secular does not mean "more important/more pressing belief".
Dumb ass
<quoted text>
Oh.
Another ChristineMC2 "what I didn't say" debate......
Nope and I have never said it does but you are welcome to delusion yourself

Not surprising really you are a deliberately ignorant godbot with almost as much pedantism as buck and a serious ED problem,

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220222 Mar 19, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Can I call you 'friend'??..
There once was a nympho named Jill
who tried dynamite for a thrill.
They found her vagina
in North Carolina
and bits of her tits in Brazil.

#220223 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep up retarded comments like that and I'll keep mocking you and your retarded disability.
Honey, you said it, not me and it seems that you protest too much

Feel free continuing your god given mockery of disability. I would expect nothing more from you. Can I ask have you kicked any cripples yet today?

How about poking the blind guy in the eye

Or chatting about sex to the guy with ED then shouting fuckit?
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#220224 Mar 19, 2014
FOOLS

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220225 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That not news, that’s olds and complete wrong in that it deliberately focuses on one period, cherry picks and omits the final figures.
It omits the FACT that before Stalin died he was instrumental in restoring the priesthood and 25000 churches.
Because after Hitler's invasion of Russia and Stalin's subsequent mental breakdown, he realized that common patriotism and religion had greater mobilising potential than Marxist-Leninism.

It wasn't because he was religious, it was because he wanted to win.

#220226 Mar 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're funny, Christine. None of the multiple sources proving Stalin's atheism is legitimate, huh?
You wan't Stalin to be a Christian, just like you want Hitler to be a Christian.
You're wishing don't make it so, Chicklett. Here's you another one to rile over:
"The Soviet Union had a long history of state atheism, in which social success largely required individuals to profess atheism and stay away from houses of worship; this attitude was especially militant during the middle Stalinist era from 1929–1939."
Stalin took state atheism farther than Lenin. And Lenin took it a long damn way.
I don’t want any such thing, that’s juts what they were and it really does not matter that you deny it, facts speak for themselves

And you are mixing the state up with the man, such an easy mistake you make.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220227 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope and I have never said it does but you are welcome to delusion yourself
Not surprising really you are a deliberately ignorant godbot with almost as much pedantism as buck and a serious ED problem,
Oh.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220228 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t want any such thing, that’s juts what they were and it really does not matter that you deny it, facts speak for themselves
And you are mixing the state up with the man, such an easy mistake you make.
From the link YOU provided and YOU keep quoting:

"Stalin was raised devout in the Greek Orthodox Church. His parents hoped he would become a priest. He became a religion-suppressing atheist instead."

http://hollowverse.com/joseph-stalin/

#220229 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would only read the links BEFORE providing it...
From your link (right at the top of the page, too):
"Stalin was raised devout in the Greek Orthodox Church. His parents hoped he would become a priest. He became a religion-suppressing atheist instead."
Thanks for your unwitting help, ya dumb ass dyslexic.
One line – wow such good and ignorant christian cherry picking. No wonder you fail to understand the babble, you deliberately omit 95% of it

The piece mentions your selective babble

Stalin even took it further than his predecessor, Lenin, and initiated a nationwide campaign to destroy churches and religious property and even persecute and kill church officials. It is said that under Stalin, the Russian Orthodox Church went from 50,000 to 500 open and operating churches.

But unlike you it then goes on to say

But during World War II, Stalin eased up considerably on religion. He allowed for tens of thousands of Russian Orthodox churches to reopen, adopted an official policy of tolerance toward Muslims, and re-established the hierarchy of leadership in the Russian Orthodox Church.

#220230 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I noticed your extended post about the meaning of belief. No doubt she will not understand what your saying and accuse you of cheating on your wife (or something).
<quoted text>
My bad, I thought you'd make up something about adultery, not ED.
Yup your bad, it’s called deliberate ignorance driven by the hatred imposed by godbotism

#220231 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Einstein believed it.
o.O
At the time – why do you have such problems with facts?

#220232 Mar 19, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Give Buck some credit - he's made his life much easier by creating his own reality. Words mean something different in Buckworld, facts don't matter in Buckworld...its a crazy place, but it keeps him off the streets...
Well that’s is something at least. Last time he was allowed on the streets he wound up being extremely careful about was in the prison showers when he dropped his soap

#220233 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because after Hitler's invasion of Russia and Stalin's subsequent mental breakdown, he realized that common patriotism and religion had greater mobilising potential than Marxist-Leninism.
It wasn't because he was religious, it was because he wanted to win.
And that is the thought of an atheist?

#220234 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
From the link YOU provided and YOU keep quoting:
http://hollowverse.com/joseph-stalin/
Yes and

But during World War II, Stalin eased up considerably on religion. He allowed for tens of thousands of Russian Orthodox churches to reopen, adopted an official policy of tolerance toward Muslims, and re-established the hierarchy of leadership in the Russian Orthodox Church.

Which you keep forgetting to mention for some reason, could it be because it refutes you previous statement?

#220235 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Another robust answer for the king of RR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min mdbuilder 1,402,685
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr cpeter1313 311,476
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 8 hr litesong 9,981
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 18 hr Frankie Rizzo 201,877
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Bruin For Life 32,306
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web